PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill figures!! Exclusive Tarantino crazy 88

Reefer Shark
05-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I love me them Kill Bill figures!

Today was a nice day for me. I went to Suncoast on the way to work, and they had just put out a fresh case of Kill Bill figures! :D Now I have the full set (including both versions of the Bride, I'm a sucker.. :stupid: ) . Very cool looking figures!!

So I get home thinking "cool, I don't have to worry about getting anymore Kill Bill figures". Then I see on figures.com that there is going to be a variant Crazy 88 figure at a few comic conventions this year: Quentin Tarantino with a removeable mask!!!

Unfortunately, there are no current plans to offer this by any other means (which translates too "I probably wont get one"). I'm sure the scalpers are going to charge an arm and a leg for this figure :( .

Anyways, here's a link to the article along with some pics:

:Ogre: (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=164) <-- click the ogre

JediTricks
05-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Damn, that is a scary good likeness of the big Q! Plus, having him spray blood is always entertaining. I still haven't gotten into this line, but it's tempting (even though I didn't really like the 2nd part very much).

jjreason
05-01-2004, 02:30 AM
Oh come on JT! You had to see the hilarity in Pei Mei flipping his beard for emphasis every 10 seconds! Worth the price of admission all by it's stringy lonesome. And the catfight wasn't too shabby neither.

Sorry, this is about the figure - and it's wicked. I've never seen any of the others, but I'll be browsing the net looking for pics here for the next few minutes.

evenflow
05-01-2004, 10:59 AM
THats pretty cool. I like the idea.

Kidhuman
05-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Oh come on JT! You had to see the hilarity in Pei Mei flipping his beard for emphasis every 10 seconds! Worth the price of admission all by it's stringy lonesome. And the catfight wasn't too shabby neither.

Blasphemy. You diudnt use the universal :beard: symbol JJ. 50 hits with a taser for you.

This figure looks awesome. Must get one. Break the bank for Ebay I must.

Hellboy
05-01-2004, 02:30 PM
I was on the fence as far as getting into this line but this figure sold me. Great likeness, now I just need to talk my friend who is going to the San Diego Comic Con into getting me 1 or 2.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-01-2004, 04:12 PM
I was on the fence as far as getting into this line but this figure sold me. Great likeness, now I just need to talk my friend who is going to the San Diego Comic Con into getting me 1 or 2.

Yeah, Hellboy, if he could get me 1 or 2 as well, i'd be eternally grateful and make it worth your while...wink wink...and by that, i mean like, making grilled cheese and spaghettio's for you and your family. :p

This figure looks great and that is a AWESOME likeness!! :D

gambitguru
05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
the kill bill figs looks awsome. did any1 open theirs. they lloked good package how are they when opend are they any good?

Jayspawn
05-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I have a Crazy 88 and the Bride w/ snow base opened and they're great! I have them both set up with my Reservoir Dogs and custom Jules Winfield (Pulp Fiction) figure. They are really one-pose figures but are great. So open those guys up! I cant wait to get Quentin!

mrmiller
05-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I heard that there was a problem with Lucy Liu and her likeness, and there was not going to be an O-ren figure. Anyone else hear this, or did I dream it?

=MATT=

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I heard that there was a problem with Lucy Liu and her likeness, and there was not going to be an O-ren figure. Anyone else hear this, or did I dream it?

=MATT=

I heard that she was delayed to wave 2, but i didn't hear anything about a cancellation. Hopefully, NECA will comment on this. :)

Jayspawn
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I hope they do too -cause I REALLY want an O-Ren figure.

"Silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords."

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 12:31 PM
What is the limit for the Tarantino SDCC figure? I'm going with my wife so I might be able to get a few, but no guarantees. I still haven't seen any of the other figure at retail. Is SunCoast the only place to get these?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
What is the limit for the Tarantino SDCC figure? I'm going with my wife so I might be able to get a few, but no guarantees. I still haven't seen any of the other figure at retail. Is SunCoast the only place to get these?

DIBS!!!! :crazed: I dunno what the limit is TW, maybe NECA will comment on that once we get closer to the convetions. Still, dibs though, if ya could. We'll "chat" about it. ;) cheers!

Reefer Shark
05-20-2004, 03:12 AM
Hey, I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's the first time I've seen it. Here's a pic of the cancelled O-Ren figure. I found it at a net store called cornerstorecomics.com.

Notice the snow base to go with the snow base variation of the bride. Pretty cool:

evenflow
05-20-2004, 08:18 AM

The only place I ahve seen them is at Suncoast. Hit one of them up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey, I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's the first time I've seen it. Here's a pic of the cancelled O-Ren figure. I found it at a net store called cornerstorecomics.com.

Notice the snow base to go with the snow base variation of the bride. Pretty cool:

Cancelled? I heard it was just delayed till the second series. I wish NECA would comment on this.

Hellboy
05-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah I heard it was only delayed as well. I sure hope it hasn't been cancelled because it looks great.

Now I just need to find the Bride snow base variation but I'm still having trouble finding any of this line at my local Suncoast. :confused:

Anybody have online retailer recommendations for getting some of this stuff?

Jayspawn
05-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Online stores are still slow to get the Kill Bill figures. Try Media Play, Sam Goody or Suncoast.

O-Ren is ust delayed till Series 2 with will have Elle and Bill. I hope one of the others is Budd.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Hellboy- I ordered mine from Killertoys.com and they shipped yesterday and are scheduled to arrive on Monday!! :D

Reefer Shark
05-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Online stores are still slow to get the Kill Bill figures. Try Media Play, Sam Goody or Suncoast.

O-Ren is ust delayed till Series 2 with will have Elle and Bill. I hope one of the others is Budd.
Suncoast is the only place I've found them so far.

I agree, O-ren, Bill, Elle, and Budd would make the ultimate assortment. I think they'll end up doing another Bride instead of Budd though...

---

Hey JMG, that's cool about killertoys... I was curious about them since I've recently placed some pre-orders with them as well.

Jayspawn
05-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Yeah they'll probably make another Bride instead of Budd. But I would like a Budd figure with his hat, shotgun, cell phone, Hanzo Sword, and cool bowling shirt he was wearing when he went to work.

Of course nothing would top a Deadly Vipers 4-pack.

Hellboy
05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Hellboy- I ordered mine from Killertoys.com and they shipped yesterday and are scheduled to arrive on Monday!! :D

Thanks Guyute, I'll probably end up giving them my buisness if I can't turn up anything in the next week or so. :)

Hellboy
05-23-2004, 02:13 PM
I figured I'd share this in case others were looking to order these online. kidhuman posted a link to this store in the SW Saga section and I ended up picking up my set of KB figures for retail + $7.95 S&H. Pretty good deal.

http://www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com/

They seem to have some good deals on SW stuff too. :cool:

Ji'dai
07-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Having just seen Vol. 1 over the Fourth weekend, I decided to get the figures... like I need another line to collect :crazed:

They're warming the pegs here so it wasn't a problem finding them. Picked up both versions of The Bride and a Go-Go at Spencers today. It's been an expensive week toy shopping so I'm holding off on the Crazy 88s for now.

Jayspawn
07-14-2004, 11:02 AM
The figures seem to be selling well here in CO. You'll find one or 2 if you're lucky.

It would be coool if NECA made an extra package of Crazy 88 heads that way you could swap them out more. Great idea I think.

Ji'dai
07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
The initial cases of figures sold through quickly, but the later shipments are collecting dust on the pegs here. I thought about waiting until they go on sale or clearance, but didn't want to chance it.

A Crazy 88 head pack is a good idea. I was wondering how many collectors are army building with the 88s.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I seem to have trouble with my clean shaven 88 to keep his arse standing up. He just keeps tipping backwards. I'm on the verge of using tape to keep his foot down.

on a side note, does anybody have any hookups for the Crazy 88 Tarantino SDCC exclusive? I'm SOL as of right now. :(

Jayspawn
07-15-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm SOL too Master Guyute. I dont know how I'm going to get him or Mirror Scotty.

mrmiller
07-16-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm just ready for the second wave to come out. Has anyone heard anything about it? I would guess it's close to release, as Vol.2 is going to be released on DVD at the begining of august.

=MATT=

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I'm just ready for the second wave to come out. Has anyone heard anything about it? I would guess it's close to release, as Vol.2 is going to be released on DVD at the begining of august.

=MATT=

Matt, no, there isn't any confirmed news about wave 2. I think its due out later this year though. Last i heard though, Bill and Budd were POSSIBLY in the works for wave 2. Once i see some prototype sculpts, i'll post pics though. :D

Jayspawn
07-20-2004, 10:08 AM
I sure hope NECA plans on releasing O-Ren as part of Series 2. I need her to go along with my Bride w/ snow base figure. I heard NECA say that Elle and Bill were going to be in Series 2. I hope Budd, Vernita and Pei Mei are being planned as well.

Anybody here going to SDCC? Is NECA going to limit the Tarantino 88 figure? I didnt hear anything about doing so.

Jayspawn
07-28-2004, 11:07 PM
SO has anybody managed to get themselves a Tarantino 88 figure??? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

No luck for me yet.

Reefer Shark
07-28-2004, 11:45 PM
I missed out on the con, so I missed out on the figure too :cry: .

I have seen a loose one in person though, and the likeness is great.

Jayspawn
08-01-2004, 11:04 PM
The figure looks great too. I keep watching all the secondary market prices -hoping to get one.

I'm gonna try customizing some 88s for amusement.

gsr-jedi
08-01-2004, 11:54 PM
I was able to pick up a Kill Bill at the con, you can read my review of it at the link below.

Kill Bill Director (http://www.knowingisha-lfthebattle.com/killbillsdcc2k4.htm)

It's my first Kill Bill figure, and I thought it was awesome.

Jayspawn
08-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Nice review gsr-jedi!

NECA said at SDCC that they're next Kill Bill figures are supposed to come out the same time as an Ultimate DVD with both restored versions of Vol 1 & 2! So there will be another burts of KB merchandise hitting later with the better DVD.

That'll be a nice treat!

Hellboy
08-18-2004, 08:20 PM
I got my QT "Crazy 88 Director" figure the other day and he looks fantastic. Do to it being nice and mint I'm having a tough time not opening it. I'm hoping to get another as an opener but if I don't find one soon I may break down and tear into this one. :crazed:

Nice thing about this figure is you can take off the mask and you'll have a decent Mr. Brown figure too. :cool:

Jayspawn
08-19-2004, 08:48 AM
If ya dont have a Mr. Brown figure -get one! I have one and the likeness is also excellent. He comes with a pistol, base, sunglasses and Reservoir Dogs script. Looks great with the other Dogs figures.

Jayspawn
10-23-2004, 10:11 AM
NEWS! Finally! NECA has confirmed the lineup for Kill Bill Series 2!!!!!

It includes The Bride II, Elle Driver, Pai Mai, and BILL!!!! Sadly the O-Ren figure has been cancelled because of likeness issues with Lucy Liu and no Budd figure either. Blah! BUT at least we're getting Pai Mai!!!!!!

Jayspawn's Specualtions...I'm hoping The Bride II (which I could go without) is her from the end with her orange and blue dress and Hanzo Sword. That would be awesome! I'll definatly get Elle Driver. I bet its gonna be her from the trailer showdown *The Bride II figure might connect bases with her too. My 2 favorite characters in both movies is Pai Mai and BILL! And I'm glad they're both getting figures. Bill in a suit from the Wedding Scene w/ wood flute would be great! Him from the final showdown with Hanzo Sword or from the deleted scene would be great too! Pai Mai is a definate.

No pictures have surfaced yet.

Ji'dai
10-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Now I'm stuck with a snow base Bride and no O-Ren to go with her. Pai Mai would be cool to have, but I'd rather have O-Ren. Series I is hitting clearance around here. If the 88's go below $5 I'll pick them up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Crap crap crap. I would've loved to get an O-Ren figure and especially Budd since they're on the hit list! stupid NECA. Hopefully we'll get a wave 3 and get at least budd. Screw Lucy Liu.

Hellboy
10-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I don't understand NECA's decision not to release the O-Ren figure at all. The figure was done, in the bag, and based on the images I saw it looked fantastic. I really think there is more to this than just likeness issues because the completed figure I saw looked as much like Lucy Liu as the Bride figure looked like Uma Thurman. I'm betting Lucy just wanted a bigger piece of the profits than NECA was willing to part with and therefore they decided not to move into the production phase.

I will admit that the new lineup is very cool. Though I wish NECA would've passed on the Bride II (which will probably be the black leather outfit seen in Vol. 2) and instead gave us Budd, Vernita Green or even Sophie Fatale. Lets hope the issues surrounding the O-Ren figure get ironed out and the films popularity doesn't fade because it would be a shame if the line ended without us getting a complete set of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. :(

Jayspawn
10-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Well said Hellboy. That sounds like a more realistic theory on the O-Ren figure to me. I thought it looked just like her. I'd rather NECA pass on the Bride II -we already have one and its a fine figure the way she is. Budd would have been a better choice -they could load him up with all kinda accessories. Maybe him or O-Ren could be an exclusive if they ever get those details worked out.

I'm glad we're getting Bill and Pai Mai at least -they are tops on my list. On my wishlist would be a Deadly Vipers 4-pack complete with AKs!

Jayspawn
11-20-2004, 09:24 AM
My Media Play just got in the 18" The Bride figure!!!! She's running $35.99 and I must say its very impressive. I if I hadnt bought the 7" figure -I would buy this one!

Media Play is having a 25% off ALL action figures which ends today 11/20/04. So if you have a Media Play get there today! Hell of a deal.

Of topic, but the 18" Captain Jack arrived with the Bride, another awesome figure!

Jayspawn
02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Yep, yep, yep its looking like NECA's Series 2 will be out in August to go along with the release of Kill Bill Volumes 1&2 Director's Cut DVD. They said in a receent interview that they want to thank the fans for being so patient...

You're welcome NECA! An Exclusive Budd figure would be great!

Jayspawn
02-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Figures.com and MovieManiacs.new have a great pictures of Pei Mei from Series 2 featured at Toy Fair NY! Looks sweet from the prototype! I'll be getting one for sure! Cant wait to see Bill and Elle!

General_Grievous
02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I've attached a link to the Pai Mei figure. Looks pretty good! I just wish his beard was made out of rooted hair or cotton or something so that he doesn't look like his beard is always flying in the wind. But the beard stroke pose is pretty cool. :)

http://69.93.119.2/photosMM/showphoto.php?photo=145&cat=560&page=1

On another note, do you guys think that the Elle figure will come with an interchangable "eye ripped out" head?

For Wave 3 (If they make one), I'd like to see:

Budd
Vernita Green
O-Ren Ishii (if they ever do release this figure)
Bill's Enemy from the deleted scene, can't remember his name

Turbowars
02-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Other than Pai Mei who is in wave 2?

Jayspawn
02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Wave 2 includes Pei Mei, Bill, Elle Driver and The Bride version 2.

I dont care if Elle has an extra head or not. I probably wouldnt use it.

I dought they will do a Series 3. But if so I would like to see Budd, Vernita Greene, and Hattori Hanzo. Lucy Lui didnt approve the figure and thats why we're gonna stiffed on O-Ren -unless NECA pulls it off somehow.

General_Grievous
02-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Why wouldn't Lucy Liu approve it? Didn't she have a doll or something for Charlies Angels?

Hellboy
02-22-2005, 11:57 PM
I would like to see Budd, Vernita Greene, and Hattori Hanzo.

Hattori Hanzo would be sweet. Maybe pack him with a sword rack, heck I'd even buy him without any accessories just so I could get a Sonny Chiba action figure.

Jayspawn
02-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes there was a Charlies Angles Doll of Lucy. NECA had a prototype which looked JUST like her. She was held back to Series 2 because of some technicalities. Then NECA just cancelled the figure altogether. Rumor is that it was over likeness (or at least her Kill Bill likeness*).

*Not the 1st time this has happened. A few years ago when Mezco made the Reservoir Dogs figures, the only way Steve Buscemi would approve a likeness of him as Mr. Pink was on the condition they they didnt include a gun accessory with the toy. I just bought an extra of one of the others and gave Mr. Pink their guns.

Beast
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Here's pictures of Bride II and Bill from the next series of Kill Bill figures. As well as the costing/design sketch for Elle Driver. I'm not intrested in this line, but I know that some of you are. So enjoy. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Those look sweet!!!

Great likeness of David Carradine on that Bill figure and Elle looks promising too. I'll probably pass on the Bride II figure though.

General_Grievous
06-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, it took them long enough. I'd just rather see Budd rather than the Bride II.

Jayspawn
06-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh man! Those look great! I cant wait to get those! Especially Bill!

I'm hoping NECA does Budd as an exclusive maybe.

Ji'dai
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know if I'll get these or not. I never bought the Crazy88s from the first series. Though Pei Mei might be tempting. Kinda disappointing we're not going to get all the Deadly Vipers.

Turbowars
06-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Kinda disappointing we're not going to get all the Deadly Vipers.Yeah so whats the point, you know what I mean? Why bother to get the license and then not use it. If it's not that, then are all the actors really that much of A holes?

Jayspawn
06-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Here's the deal on the Deadly Viper likenesses...

- Lucy Liu: NECA made an O-Ren figure for Series 1 but it was moved back to Series 2 then cancelled. The story goes that Lucy withdrew on accout of the figure's likeness. However if you've ever seen the prototype, it looks JUST like her. So we'll see.

- Darryl Hannah: Obviously signed off her likeness and now we're getting a great figure of Elle Driver in Series 2!

- Vivica A. Fox: Not sure on her. She can use the money so why not sign off? But she seems like she would.

- Michael Madsen: My favorite guy! His likeness is already public. Mezco made an awesome Mr. Blonde figure from Reservoir Dogs that looks just like him. He'd make a great exclusive if NECA went down that road.

JediTricks
06-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Mezco, not Mexco. ;) (I know, they're right next to each other on the keyboard)

The David Carradine likeness is very recognizable, but somehow also slightly cartoonish and I can't put my finger on why.

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 04:30 PM
NECA had the Series 2 line-up on display at SDCC. I attached a pic of Elle Driver that I stole from another site.

The suit that Darryl Hannah's character Elle wears in Kill Bill 2 was previously worn by Uma Thurman's character Mia in Pulp Fiction, and then again by Pam Grier in Jackie Brown. Now it's immortalized in the Elle Driver action figure.

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Thats a cool bit of info regarding the suit Ji'dai, I wasn't aware of that.

The figure looks great, can't wait for these to come out.

Jayspawn
07-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Elle looks great! Does anybody know an ETA on these figures? I'll get them all I'm sure, I'm most excited about Bill.

A little off topic, but I just recieved Bill's Hanzo Sword in the mail! Its pretty sweet! Just as in the movie.

Jayspawn
10-24-2005, 09:25 AM
NECA has the final & packaged pictures up on their website. It looks like a GREAT wave! I'm hoping they will do an 18" Bill. I believe they will be shipping any time now.

http://necaonline.com/index.html

Hellboy
10-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to these even though I've cut back on my action figure collecting considerably. Its hard to say no when NECA continues to release quality product such as this.

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I found Series 2 at Hot Topic today!!! Woohoo! All the figures are amazing!!! I found the whole wave with the exception of Bill. Not sure why he wasnt there. I passed on all of them for now because Bill wasnt there, and I want to buy them at Media Play so I can get my Replay points. They were $13.99 each.

Jayspawn
11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
A new Hot Topic just opened at a mall close to me and I attended the opening this afternoon. A girl just brought out a sealed box of Kill Bill Volume 2 figures and opened her up. Lets see here...Beatrix, Elle, Pei Mei....NO BILL!!!!!

Whats going on here NECA!?!?

Ji'dai
11-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I've heard the initial cases that NECA received from their factory didn't include Bill so you'll have to wait until another case ships to retailers that includes him (rumored to be shipping now).

Jayspawn
11-14-2005, 11:54 PM
I'd believe that. I'm gonna buy them all but wont do it until I find Bill.

How do you like that NECA???

Jayspawn
12-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Alright, this is driving me crazy.....

"Bill....Wheres Bill?"

I'm seeing some on Ebay, so he's gotta be shipping somewhere.

Jayspawn
12-29-2005, 06:02 PM
HA! I won a set of 4 Series 2 figures off Ebay! Now I have them all including BILL! Which is the necest figure in the set. He didnt turn out as well as his prototypes look -but hes still a great figure. Its a shame theres not more of him out there. But I got him and I'm happy. Pai Mei and Elle are great figures also. Havnt opened Kiddo yet.

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm prety sure NECA is done with Kill Bill after Series 2 but an exclusive to a site or con would be nice. I'm still hoping for a version of Budd. The Bride in her wedding dress would be a great sculpt to go along with Bill. O-Ren or Vernita would be nice too!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2006, 12:05 AM
so, about two weeks ago, I saw that BBTS was having a sale on their sets of Kill Bill vol 2 figures, so i got a set for about 36 bucks or so. During that time i was waiting for it, i scrambled around town, trying to find the "variant" Pai Mei figure, thinking he'd be rare and a beyatch to find. I got my order from BBTS to find out that they gave me the variant straight bearded Pai Mei instead! woohooo!! and thus, about a week ago yesterday (last monday) i called around to a suncoast, who told me they ahd both versions in. I went in, and as they were having a buy two, get one free sale, i got both versions of Pai (have both carded) and one to open and dictate harm on my other figures on the shelf.

and with that free fig, i got a Killer Klown. life is good. GREAT set! Here's to hoping for a final wave of Budd, Vernit and O-Ren, if Lucy Liu gets out of having an attitude and approves a sculpt. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
01-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Here's to that 3rd wave JMG! I dont think we'll get that lucky but I'm praying for at least one of those as an exclusive.

Wave 2 is great though. I lucked out and got the straight beard Pai Mei! It was the one I wanted as I have him not standing regally holding his cane. "Hhumph!"