PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Toy

Jayspawn
05-01-2004, 09:33 AM
So, I'm wondering who else here (besides me) is a huge fan of Sideshow Toy? Awesome 12" figures, cool busts and other collectibles. They make a fantastic product -they get them out on time and are reasonably priced. They definatly set a new standard for quality collectibles.

Over the last few years I've picked up...

Star Trek: Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Scotty, Dr. McCoy and Captain Koloth mini-busts.

12" 007: Sean Connery and Joseph Wiseman from "Dr. No"
Pierce Brosnan from "Die Another Day"
George Lazenby and Telly Savalas from "On Her Majestys Secret Service"
Timothy Dalton and Robert Davi from "License to Kill"
Roger Moore and Christopher Lee from "The Man with the Golden Gun"

Universal Monsters: Karloff from "Frankenstein"
Bela Lugosi from "Dracula"
Lon Chaney Jr. from "The Wolfman"
Dwight Frye from "Frankenstein"
Lon Chaney from "London after Midnight"
and Count Orlok

SO here it is, the Official SSG Sideshow Toy thread!

evenflow
05-01-2004, 11:01 AM
I collected the Twilight Zone figures. I'd like to pick up some other stuff but cash is tight.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-01-2004, 01:17 PM
I have only purchased the LoTR items. Soon the Hellboy line will be added to my collection.

Reefer Shark
05-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah.. I've always admired those Sideshow 12"ers.

I think I'll finally break and get the Hellboy Kroenen figure. That thing looks awesome!

B'Omarr Monkey
05-01-2004, 01:40 PM
I have all of the Universal 12" monsters + London After Midnight, Nosferatu, Vlad the Impaler, and all of their 8" monster line which I lament them cancelling. I will also be getting the Hellboy 12" line. There are others I'd like to pick up if I can find them at reduced prices. I really like their Outer Limits figures, but don't own any yet.

Jayspawn
05-02-2004, 11:49 PM
B'Omarr Monkey, do you have all the versions of the Frankenstein Monster (Karloff, Chaney, Lugosi and Strange)?? Which is your favorite?

RooJay
05-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Sideshow Toys is the best toy company currently in business - hands down. Everything they make, even the stuff I have no interest in like their Get Smart line, is still nothing short of being incredibly awesome and totally perfect. As long as I have the money for it, I will always buy whatever it is they're selling.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Received my Fell Beast w/WitchKing statue the other day. Looks Pimp.

Jayspawn
05-03-2004, 12:05 AM
I'll bet it does Pedro! The pics I saw of it look sweeet! I'd get one if Master Replicas and Gentile Giant didnt cost soo much.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-03-2004, 05:21 PM
B'Omarr Monkey, do you have all the versions of the Frankenstein Monster (Karloff, Chaney, Lugosi and Strange)?? Which is your favorite?

I finally just got the Frankenstein monster from "Bride of Frankenstein" but haven't seen it yet. I'm in the middle of moving and had it sent to my in-laws until we reach our new place. But, of the others, I'm still pretty partial to the first Karloff Frankenstein, which is great if you want one, because it was pretty plentiful and was sold at TRU for $20 before Sideshow dropped the chains.

They're all really great, but the Chaney and Lugosi versions look so much like Chaney and Lugosi that they look less like the iconic Universal Frankenstein. i like the Strange version a lot too.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to display them at Halloween sitting around a table playing poker, or put them in a tableau where they are all fighting the forthcoming 12" Hellboy. I feel compelled to get the "Young Frankenstein figure to fill this out. I just bought the Jakks Pacific "Van Helsing" 12" Frankenstein's monster aswell. Not as nice as the Sideshow toys, but much better than the "Van Helsing" 6" line.

RooJay
05-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Personally, I plan on displaying my Universal Monsters running from my Mulder and Scully figures this Halloween!

Any of you folks wish they'd hurry up and add more figures to their Six Gun Legends lineup? I have been really looking forward to that Johnny Ringo figure they mentioned over a year ago now. I'd also kill for a John Wesley Hardin figure, Black Bart, Frank and Jesse James, and figures of both the Bills (Buffalo and Wild).

There are also quite a few dream licenses I'd love to see Sideshow pick-up, like Gladiator, Braveheart, Highlander, Indiana Jones, Aliens and Predator, and basically any other big costume/period adventure property. Not to mention how much better off I know we'd all be if they were they ones doing the Star Wars and LOTR twelve inch!

Jayspawn
05-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Personally, I've always wanted Sideshow to do 12" figures from "The Godfather" -now those would be sweeet!!

RooJay
05-04-2004, 02:28 AM
Believe it or not, I actually have a huge list that I once sent as suggestions to Sideshow and The Godfather trilogy is pretty high up there. I'd definitely buy them!

evenflow
05-04-2004, 08:40 AM
I have been wanting Spaceball figures, but I would love a 12 inch line from Sideshow. At least I know they would do an awesome job.

Jayspawn
05-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Too bad Spaceballs will never happen. :frus:

evenflow
05-04-2004, 02:12 PM
Too bad Spaceballs will never happen. :frus:

Probably not, but I have hope.

Jayspawn
05-05-2004, 09:58 AM
I have 12" Renfield and Karloff from "Son of Frankenstein" on the way -cant wait!

But I'm starting to build a 12" Classic Monster in my mind. I'd really like to see Lugosi as Igor, Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein, Lionel Atwill as Inspector Krogh and Maleva the Gypsy!

RooJay
05-05-2004, 09:12 PM
At the WonderCon in San Fransisco this past weekend one of the exhibitors had most of the secondary Universal Monsters figures (Renfield, Fritz, Larry Talbot, etc.) on hand for only 20 bucks apiece!

Jayspawn
05-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Wow! Thats a great price. I'd definatly get Larry Talbot for that much (sinch I dont have him yet). I'd clean that guy out with my check list.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-06-2004, 08:13 PM
The non-monster Universal characters can generally be found now for $20 or less, which is great for anyone who still needs them, but does not bode well for my hopes that they'll make a Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein, Ernest Thesiger as Dr. Praetorious, Eveleyn Ankers to be carried off by my Wolfman, or Julia (Julie) Adams to be carried off by my Creature From the Black-Lagoon.

I still wish they'd continue their 8" line. That line was great, and cheap, and it was like having new Aurora model kits only painted much better than I'd ever be able to paint them.

I thought their Billy the Kid was amazing, but haven't bought it. At $40+ a pop, I'm having to pick and choose which figures I buy from Sideshow. I'm only behind in the Universal line by "The Mummy" at this point. I just snagged Mr. Hyde and Vlad the Impaler on ebay for under $30 a piece including shipping!

Aside from the Hellboy figures, I next want to get Bluebeard.

On Sideshow's site, there's an interview with the person who picks their licenses, and he says he'd love to do the colonial marines from Aliens, so there's hope.

I'd love to see them do some of the 50s A.I.P. , monsters like "I Was a Teenage Wolfman" "IT Conquered the World" etc., X-PLUS has made some nice statues of "The She-Creature," etc., but they are more like 9" instead of 12 and they don't move. Yet, they are just as expensive as the Sideshow figures.

Jayspawn
05-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Renfield and Karloff from "Son of Frankenstein" arrived yesterday! Awesome figures! Very happy with them.

I heard there was some kind of hold on a 12" Colin Clive from his estate. I guess Sideshow has been trying to secure his likeness with no success. Dr. Pretorius or Wolf Frankenstein (Basil Rathborne) would be great too!

RooJay
05-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Personally, my Wolf Man collection will never be complete without Maria Ouspenskaya as Maleva the Gypsy woman.
And just how long am I going to have to wait for my Claude Rains - Invisible Man twelve inch figure?! Sideshow's eight inch version was bomb diggity!

Jayspawn
05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
I could go for a 12" Claude Rains myself.

I have 12" Chaney and Lugosi as Frankenstein on the way now! Moohaha!

B'Omarr Monkey
05-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Today could almost be Christmas---or, Halloween.

I just received my Sideshow Vlad the Impaler, Mr. Hyde, and Frankenstein's Monster from Bride of Frankenstein, and they are all gorgeous! I can't recommend them enough.

Jayspawn
05-18-2004, 09:10 AM
B'Omarr, did your Vlad come with the severed head? I had heard from a Sideshow newsletter that some number were going to include an extra head.

I'm still waiting for my Chaney and Lugosi as Frankenstein.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-18-2004, 06:13 PM
No. There were, I believe, only 500 made with the severed head and those were only available to the first 500 people who pre-ordered directly from Sideshow.

I was trying to save some money and went for mine on ebay, vs the $45 that Sideshow was asking. I got mine for $32 including shipping.

To be honest, the severed head was nothing special, otherwise i might have gone for it, but an extra $20 + shipping for an accessory seems a bit steep if you ask me.

I did bid on one that came with the severed head, but gave up long before it reached its $84 winning bid.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I hope this is an ALL SideShow Toy thread. I dont collect anything other than LoTR Statues/Busts at the moment. Moving into HellBoy soon with the Samaritan and faux-Bronze baby Hellboy statue. If so, I will discuss the items I have from this company when I receive them.

RooJay
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Since Vlad, the Impaler and Blackbeard were released as part of the By The Sword line, I'm hoping Sideshow will someday release the English Knight and Viking Warrior figures they were originally promoting the line with at Toy Fair a few years back. Those were a couple of beautiful figures, and it would be a shame if they were never produced for sale.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah, those were nice. I'd forgotten about them, until you just mentioned them. I also always wanted The Red Baron and Billy the Kid.

Bluebeard is still next on my list.

evenflow
05-19-2004, 08:21 AM
I remember I saw a Viking from Sideshow and it rocked. It was only the prototype but I don't think it ever came out. I was really awesome though. I woudl love to pick it up, some investigating must be done now.

Jayspawn
05-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Its an ALL Sideshow thread Pedro, chime in with anything.

Sideshow is really getting my $ these days -due to lack of effort on Hasbro's part. I'd really like to get the Morgal Lord or Fell Beast statues, the Gandalf the Grey statue looks great too.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-19-2004, 11:12 AM
I'd really like to get the Morgal Lord or Fell Beast statues, the Gandalf the Grey statue looks great too.
Fell Beast is actually smaller than I was hoping for. Cool nonetheless with the details tho. Morgul Lord is on preorder. Gandalf, I am undecided on still. I can still pick it up from somewhere.

RooJay
05-24-2004, 04:19 PM
If only I were a rich man...I'd buy everything Sideshow makes! They've made not a single thing that I wouldn't like to own. I got to check out all of their LOTR merchandise together in one place at last year's Comic Con International in San Diego, and it was truly a sight to behold!

Jayspawn
05-25-2004, 10:46 PM
My 12" Lugosi and Chaney arrived in the mail today! Awesome figures but very similar. But I'm pleased none the less. I still need 12" Karloff from "Bride of Frankenstein" and Glen Strange to complete my Frankensteins.

evenflow
05-26-2004, 07:58 AM
I wish they would make some more Twilight Zone stuff. :( Some of the 007 stuff was really cool.

Jayspawn
05-26-2004, 08:55 AM
You said it. And they're expanding on the 007 line too with 006 (Sean Bean) and Xenia Onotop (Famke Jensen) and Connery from "Thunderball" which I'd like to get but is too much $ right now. I still need to get Jaws and Q.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Email from SideShow says the Bronze Hellboy(baby) Statue will be IN Warehouse within 10-14 Days. Can't wait!! :D

RooJay
05-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I wish they would make some more Twilight Zone stuff. :( Some of the 007 stuff was really cool.

I feel you. When they first announced the Twilight Zone line I just couldn't wait to get my hands on a Rod Serling figure, and just knew it would only be a matter of time before they made one. Sadly, that has yet to be the case. Shameful being that not only was he the guy responsible for Twilight Zone in the first place, but he was the only 'character' to appear in every episode! Tell me that wouldn't be a cool one!

evenflow
05-27-2004, 08:49 AM
I feel you. When they first announced the Twilight Zone line I just couldn't wait to get my hands on a Rod Serling figure, and just knew it would only be a matter of time before they made one. Sadly, that has yet to be the case. Shameful being that not only was he the guy responsible for Twilight Zone in the first place, but he was the only 'character' to appear in every episode! Tell me that wouldn't be a cool one!

I really would love a Rod Serling figure. It would just be appropriate. I also wanted a William Shatner, A Martian/Venutian 2-pack, a Devil, so many more. I wish they would have made more.

Jayspawn
05-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I got the Gremlin 12" Haha, funny, puffy figure he is. I would have liked a 12" William Shatner to go with him. I thought about customizing one.

Jayspawn
06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey, I started work on my 12" Custom Lon Chaney as The Monster from "Ghost of Frankenstein" Should be done in a few weeks. Should be awesome!

B'Omarr Monkey
06-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Make sure you post pictures, Jayspawn. Of course, you could have just bought one retail for $20 now. It's not as much fun though, I know.

I just got my 12" Hellboy and Kroenen figures in the mail. The details are nice, but Hellboy's expression looks a bit weird on him in his neutral in the box pose. I'm not planning on taking him out too soon, as my three year old son seems to be more interested in dad's "only for looking" toys than his own.

[DSS]Pedr0
06-19-2004, 02:21 AM
Received my HellBoy 'bronze' statue the other day. #35/500. Very nice piece.

RooJay
06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
My girlfriend bought me the Blackbeard figure for my birthday last week. He's amazingly awesome! He has to have just about the best outfit Sideshow has done on a figure so far! I really wish they'd do more historical figures, pirates especially. I'd really like to see figures of Sir Frances Drake, William Kidd, Jean Lafitte, Captain Henry Morgan, Bartholomew "The Great Pirate" Roberts, Anne Bonny, and Mary Read. I'm sure we can all also agree that it'd be great to see Sideshow do Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Captain Barbossa, and the cursed crew of the Black Pearl! I'm almost surprised that they have yet to jump all over that license - maybe for the sequel...

Jayspawn
06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I'd love to see Pirates of the Carribean 12" figures. I still have 12" Godfather figures #1 on my list.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-22-2004, 12:21 AM
My girlfriend bought me the Blackbeard figure for my birthday last week. He's amazingly awesome! He has to have just about the best outfit Sideshow has done on a figure so far! I really wish they'd do more historical figures, pirates especially. I'd really like to see figures of Sir Frances Drake, William Kidd, Jean Lafitte, Captain Henry Morgan, Bartholomew "The Great Pirate" Roberts, Anne Bonny, and Mary Read. I'm sure we can all also agree that it'd be great to see Sideshow do Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Captain Barbossa, and the cursed crew of the Black Pearl! I'm almost surprised that they have yet to jump all over that license - maybe for the sequel...

Lucky you. I'm still hoping to score a Blackbeard soon. He looks amazing. I'm right there with you on the other pirates. I've been hoping that Blackbeard was just the first of many. I'll be broke iif they make them all, but real happy. I'm just glad I'm not a kid (as opposed to a kid in an adult body). First of all, my parents would never have spent the money on these for me, but I'd have these guys out on the floor fighting it out all the time. These things kick my old 12" GI Joes' collected butts.

Jayspawn
06-22-2004, 10:16 AM
You said it B'Omarr, $30-40 for a 12" figure still sounds absurd to me. But you still got worlds of quality with a Sideshow product. It takes a collector to appreciate that I suppose.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-22-2004, 06:24 PM
They are definitely worth the money, it's just that I don't have it every time they put something out.

I do miss their 8" line, and wish they'd pick it up again. The detail was amazing. the figures were affordable, and remind me of the old Aurora model kits.

RooJay
06-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I have a huge list that I've compiled of licenses that I'd kill to see Sideshow take up, but thinking about it yesterday, I think Kill Bill figures from they would be mind blowingly cool! Plus, since they'd already have approval for David Carradine's likeness by that point, they might as well go ahead and do a Caine from Kung Fu as well! That'd be the very epitome of coolness. :cool:

Jayspawn
06-24-2004, 10:07 AM
It would be great if Sideshow picked up the license to Tarantino's films. Jules and Vincent from Pulp Fiction would be great!

B'Omarr Monkey
06-24-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm still hoping for more classic movie monsters, including non-monster characters like Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Praetorious, Evelyn Ankers from The Wolf man and Julia Adams from Creature From the Black Lagoon. I'd also love to see a John Agar action figure.

I also think they should get the license for Nightbreed. Those monsters would rock if Sideshow made them.

Jayspawn
06-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Evelyn Ankers is #1 on my Monster female list. They can make her from The Wolfman, Son of Dracula OR Ghost of Frankenstein -I dont care.

RooJay
06-27-2004, 12:48 AM
A series of Silence of the Lambs/ Hannibal/ Red Dragon figures would be the ginchiest, and would be a perfect (and incredibly classy) addition to their Modern Horror Classics line! I'd gladly donate some liver and a nice chianti for a Doctor Lecter figure in that pimpin' white suit and matching hat from Hannibal! I defy anyone to tell me that a Gary Oldman as Mason Verger figure wouldn't be creepy cool too!

derek
07-03-2004, 11:32 PM
check this out:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/movies/sw_sdcc_hi.mov

and this:

http://p078.ezboard.com/fsideshowfreaksfrm7.showMessage?topicID=480.topic

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RooJay
07-04-2004, 03:21 AM
WOAH! That's all damned near unbelievable! I want to think it's all real, and that it means quality 1/6th scale figures for all those licenses, but surely that would be too good to be true! To finally get good, high quality Star Wars twelve inch figures would just about make my millenium! :sur: :sur: :sur:

Please, let this all be true... :nerv:

[DSS]Pedr0
07-04-2004, 10:06 AM
21" statues is where they are going. $250 or so.

RooJay
07-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Pedr0']21" statues is where they are going. $250 or so.

Is that some official word you somehow got the scoop on, or just your guess? That'd be something different than what we've seen from them in the past. I wonder how well a $250 dollar, 21" statue of Apone from Aliens would sell after everyone had a shot at Ripley, Hicks, Bishop, Vasquez and Drake...

[DSS]Pedr0
07-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Its the most obvious guess with the other lines out there already. Other companies hold the licenses to specific lines and 21" is SideShow's.

derek
07-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Is that some official word you somehow got the scoop on, or just your guess? That'd be something different than what we've seen from them in the past. I wonder how well a $250 dollar, 21" statue of Apone from Aliens would sell after everyone had a shot at Ripley, Hicks, Bishop, Vasquez and Drake...

in a chat with a sideshow sculptor, he didn't exactly say "sideshow is only doing 1/4th scale star wars stuff" but the hints were pretty strong. he said luke, vader, han and leia are the first four, but who knows, sideshow could suprise us, but i seriously doubt hasbro will let sideshow tread in their territory.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Did anyone with a SW license recently lose one that anyone knows of? That might provide some clues, but based on what Sideshow offers, it's pretty much the 1/4 scale line, which even if they aren't statues and are 2-foot tall action figures/dolls like the Napolean, Van Helsing, Dracula, etc., they're still going to cost about $225, which is what those are averaging.

Otherwise, it could be busts, statues, wall-reliefs, prop replicas and art prints like they did with Hellboy and LOTR -- a concept sketch paired with a matching still from the movie, the concept artists signature, a nice from and at a high price.

I doubt Sideshow will offer SW little bigheads, particularly as a wrestling, or skateboarding line.

I do wish Sideshow would start offering 8" figures again --just not SW, I don't want to feel like I'm starting from scratch collecting again. Sure it would start with 8" versions of the core characters, then they'd through in an 8" Dannik Jerrikko, and I'd be done for, completely sucked in until I die from old age.

RooJay
11-30-2004, 02:58 AM
Hey, I won one of Sideshow's contests! Back in October they had a Spooktacular Savings event with all kinds of sales and contests, and I actually won the Hellboy Poster Giveaway! Today in the mail I received my Hellboy movie poster autographed by creator Mike Mignola and director Guillermo Del Toro! I know it's not as cool as winning one of their wicked expensive 1/4 scale figures or even one of their 12 inchers, but I thought it was pretty cool nonetheless!

Also, I got my Mulder and Scully quite awhile back and since resurrected this thread I thought I'd mention how happy I am with them. The sculpts aren't the best work, but are still very recognizeable and the figures in general are awesome! I have Frank Black on pre-order and I will probably be ordering Cigarette Smoking Man and Frank Black very shortly.

Jayspawn
11-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm personally excited (and holding out) for Sideshow's Darth Vader Statue. Cant wait to see that!!! They should be shipping the Luke Statue soon shouldnt they?

I've been entering Sideshow's Drawings for a few years now and still have yet to win anything.

Jayspawn
11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Just a reminder, on December 14th, The Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King Special Extended DVD comes out. The giftset of the DVD includes a Minas Tirith Statue from Sideshow which looks amazing as usual.

*Inside the Giftset is going to be an offer for a matching Minas Morgal statue which looks equally impressive! Theres some great pictures of both statues at Lordoftherings.net

Jayspawn
12-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Just a reminder, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Special Extended Edition DVD comes out TODAY!!! And included in the giftset is of course the 4-disc DVD for the movie as well as a bonus Howard Shore DVD and Sideshow's Minas Tirith statue!

Jayspawn
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Another FYI, the offer in the Giftset for the Minas Morgal statue is this. Theres a code in the DVD Giftset which you can use on Sideshowtoy.com to get Minas Morgal for $75 shipped. A little much. BUT you can also get The Crown of Elessar Helm for FREE if you want it. So thats the offer.

Jayspawn
12-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Well I dont know about anybody else, but I'm pleased as hell with my new Minas Tirith Statue/ Jewelry Box that came with the DVD. Incredible detail- as I knew it would be and still impressive none the less.

I'm still stewing over wether or not to order Minas Morgal. Anybody else?

RooJay
12-22-2004, 10:18 PM
I love my Minas Tirith statue as well, but I'm a bit disappointed that the white city has ended up so grey. Still, it's an amazing little sculpture - so much detail!

jonthejedi
12-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Got my first Planet of the Apes 12" figure from Sideshow yesterday: Cornelius! It rocks bigtime, and the sculpt is awesome(looks just like Roddy McDowall...in makeup of course. I'm waiting for astronaut Taylor next, which was delayed till next year. I recommend these for all vintage "Apes" fans.

Jayspawn
12-28-2004, 09:08 AM
The Minas Morgal Exclusive has SOLD OUT but appparently, Sideshow is offering a discounted Grima Wormtoung Bust for $45 or the Golden Hall Enviroment for $75 -good deals! Unfortnatly I missed on Minas Morgal too but thats ok. I was thinking about gettng a sword replica instead.

mm74md
12-28-2004, 12:13 PM
The Minas Morgal Exclusive has SOLD OUT but appparently, Sideshow is offering a discounted Grima Wormtoung Bust for $45 or the Golden Hall Enviroment for $75 -good deals! Unfortnatly I missed on Minas Morgal too but thats ok. I was thinking about gettng a sword replica instead.

They actually had the Helms Deep Environment for $75 as well. Mine should arrive this week. I was highly annoyed the Minas Morgul sold out since I wanted that more than Helms Deep. :cry:

mm74md
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Has anybody purchased the Sideshow LOTR Helmets? I'm talking the $30 items, not the full size United helmets.

RooJay
12-30-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm going to regret having to pass on that set of Gondor busts! Are those things awesome or what?! Alas, I have not the money. :cry:

On a side note - I wonder what's happening with that Highlander license Sideshow's got goin'? There's not been a single word about them since they announced the license way back when. I hope the plans haven't fallen apart! I've been waiting for decent 12 inch Highlander figures since forever!

Jayspawn
12-31-2004, 08:59 AM
mm74md is refering to the mini helms. Yes I have only 1 -Gimli's! I wish I had collected more of these but I'm far behind now. It's solid metal and looks great!

RooJay
12-31-2004, 11:32 PM
RooJay was talking about the Last Alliance busts (that Gondor remark was a typo). I had entered the contest to win the set that they were running up until yesterday, but sadly lost. :(
Perhaps I could try and win the lottery - then I still might have a shot at one day owning them.

Jayspawn
01-01-2005, 03:59 PM
BigBadToyStore.com had a New Year's 15% off sale on orders over $60. So I seized the moment and ordered the Gandalf the Grey Statue for $99.99 getting the extra % off! I've been waiting one of these for a long time -so I cant WAIT to get it!

Jayspawn
01-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey! My Galdalf the Grey Statue arrived today (right on time from UPS -as usual) and I have to say its f'n amazing! Sideshow/WETA is definatly the leader of fine collectibles these days. Simply amazing! This is my first figural statue from them and I'm beyond impressed. More than worth the money spent. His base (which I thought was plain) has a light etching of Middle Earth which is a nice detail too.

BTW, BigBadToyStore.com is having a nice sale on a few Sideshow/WETA items, check these out!....

Haradhrim Soldier Statue $69.99
Mines of Moria Environment Statue $149.99
Golden Hall Environment Statue $78.99
Helm's Deep Environment Statue $78.99
Shelob Statue $139.99

RooJay
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
On a side note - I wonder what's happening with that Highlander license Sideshow's got goin'? There's not been a single word about them since they announced the license way back when. I hope the plans haven't fallen apart! I've been waiting for decent 12 inch Highlander figures since forever!

I finally found out what happened, and I can't wait to get them!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=010705highlander

Sadly, no Kurgan nor Ramirez yet.

RooJay
01-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I just got another late christmas gift from my lady - X-Files Cigarette Smoking Man (pre-order finally came in)! He's the coolest! He sports a better likeness than either the Mulder or Scully figures - he looks so accurate and realistic that it's scary! Plus, he comes with a tiny lit cigarette (note - cigarette smoking is only cool if you're made of plastic and are 12 inches tall) and a pack of Morley's! My Frank Black is scheduled to come next month. :D :D :D

Jayspawn
02-18-2005, 08:29 AM
WWooooaaahhhhh!! The 1st pictures of Sideshow's Darth Vader statue have surfaced. Thats my reaction! Absolutly beautiful! Oh may its gonna be tough choosing between that and Gentle Giant's Vader Statue!

Jayspawn
02-18-2005, 11:55 PM
The Darth Vader Statue is now SOLD OUT at StarWarsShop.com @ $350! Unless of course they decide to relist him.

I got mine preordered at Sideshow's Website for the same price with the Mouse Droid (which I dont care either way)! Looks to sell out soon!

RooJay
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
The 1/4 scale Punisher figure is one awesome piece of work! I've been trying to work it over in my head which body parts/organs I could do with out so that I might sell them and be able to afford it!

Jayspawn
03-12-2005, 09:18 AM
I hear that RooJay! I'm taking a small hit as it is when the Vader Statue comes out at the end of the year!

Anybody here getting Han or Luke?

Jayspawn
07-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Sideshow has revealed today the teaser pic of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Premium Format figure.....

http://gt.sideshowtoy.com/exec/gt/ct.html,user=8f90448b8178&ct=02145012

Looks good, I want to see the rest!

RooJay
07-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Sideshow is now the home of the Star Wars 12" license.

Now, if you'll excuse me...I have to go change my pants. :sur:

Jayspawn
07-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I just heard and....

Aaaaahhh crap! I can see my budget soaring through the roof!