PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst remakes or covers?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-01-2004, 06:43 PM
With some of the old songs being redone by newer artists ("Love Song" by 311, yet another "Landslide" version courtesy of the Dixie Chicks, "Heaven" by... uh, that girl singer :rolleyes: ), what are your favorites? Which ones have been butchered?

p.s. Any Michael Bolton cover is automatically bad, but "How am I Supposed to Live Without You?" is probably one of the worst.

James Boba Fettfield
05-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Metallica covering any Misfits song is great. They take songs that were originally horrible to listen to and make them sound good.

Pat Booone's a prime example of a man who can make good music go bad. He's been doing it his whole career....just pick any song he's covered.

Kidhuman
05-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Here is a prior thread covering some of the better cover songs. :beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=19614&highlight=cover+songs)

There have been many horrible ones at that too.

Tori Amos - smells like teen spirit
Some chick did a club version of Alanis Morrisettes you oughta know
Michael Bolton
William Hung(why?)
Madonna - American Pie

Some of the better ones:
Primus -have a cigar
Life of Agony - Dont you forget about me
Alien ANt Farm - smooth Criminal
Ataris - Boys of SUmmer
Aerosmith,. Soundgarden - Come Together
Jimmy Hendrix - All along the Watchtower
Eddie Vedder - Hide your love Away
U2 - Helter Skelter

CaptainSolo1138
05-01-2004, 09:36 PM
One of the best remakes ever is the Stone Temple Pilots version of the Beatles "Revolution". One of the few Beatles songs I like done by one of my favorite bands. What could be better?

Rocketboy, feel free to stick your nose in. :D

James Boba Fettfield
05-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I just realized I spelled Pat's last name with an extra "o" so it looks like "Booo." Casual typo or subconcious doing...hmmm. Boooooo to Pat.

Exhaust Port
05-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Don't You (Forget About Me) by Tears for Fears covered by Life of Agony gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Rocketboy
05-01-2004, 11:24 PM
One of the best remakes ever is the Stone Temple Pilots version of the Beatles "Revolution". One of the few Beatles songs I like done by one of my favorite bands. What could be better?

Rocketboy, feel free to stick your nose in. :DAgreed.
STP has also done good covers of Led Zep's "Dancing Days" and The Doors' "Break on Through."
Other good ones, IMO:
Dynamite Hack - Boyz N Tha Hood
Bloodhound Gang - It's Tricky
Sheryl Crow - Sweet Child O Mine
Letters to Cleo - I Want You To Want Me
Joss Stone - Fell In Love With A Boy
Wallflowers - Heros
Kula Shaker - Hush
Everclear - American Girl
Sponge - Speed racer
The Ramones - Spider-man
Travis - Baby One More Time
The Vines - Ms. Jackson (or The Hives or something)
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

Bad, BAD, BAD covers:
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
Limpbizkit - Behind Blue Eyes
Anything covered by a pop / pseudo-punk bad, like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sum 41, ect. (ie that cparry "Boys of Summer" cover from a year or two ago)
I can't think of anymore horrible ones off the top of my head (repressed memories perhaps?).:)

And anyone that says STP - "Pour Some Sugar On Me" gets a 2-fisted punch to the you know what...that is NOT STP. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2004, 10:07 AM
Don't You (Forget About Me) by Tears for Fears covered by Life of Agony gets a huge thumbs up from me.
Actually, it was by Simple Minds, I believe.

Good:
"Smooth Criminal" Alien Ant Farm
"Landslide" Smashing Pumpkins
"Knocking on Heaven's Door" Guns N Roses
"Walk This Way" Run DMC (ok, this one's a collaboration, really)
"Hero of the Day" Metallica S&M (much better IMO than their original version)
"Higher Ground" Red Hot Chili Peppers"
"Smokin' in the Boys' Room" Motley Crue

Bad:
"Missing You" Tina Turner
"Cat's in the Cradle" Ugly Kid Joe
"Wild Thing" Sam Kinnison
"Video Killed the Radio Star" Presidents of the USA
"Hurt" Johnny Cash
"it's My Life" No Doubt

evenflow
05-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Good:
Ugly Kid Joe - Cats in the Cradle
Guns N' Roses - Knockin on Heaven's Door
Shadows Fall - Welcome to the Machine
Primus - Have a Cigar
Black Label Society - No More Tears
Black Label Society - Candle in the Wind
Tool - No Quarter
Manfred Earth Band - Blinded by the Light (i think this version is the cover version)
Throwdown - Baby Got Back
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love
LOA - Don't You

BAD:
Voivod - Astronomy Domine
(cant remeber thename) - Anther Brick in the Wall 1999 version (something like that, just disgraceful)
any punk band covering soemthing is ually aweful
The latest GNR tribute album is awful
Run DMC - Walk This Way

tagmac
05-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Good:
"Smooth Criminal" - Alien Ant Farm
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Sheryl Crow
"Hero" - Mariah Carey
"Born to be Wild" - Twisted Sister
"Tainted Love" - Marilyn Manson"
"School Day" - Bart Simpson & Buster Poindexter
Anything by Wierd Al Yankovic :D

OK/Bearable:
"School's Out" - Soul Asylum
"We're Not Gonna Take It" - Bif Naked
"Cruel Summer" - Ace of Base

Horrible:
"Missing You" ("Watching You") - P. Diddy
"Since I Don't Have You" - Guns n' Roses
"Satisfaction" - Britney Spears
"The Little Drummer Boy" - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
"Tutti Frutti" - Pat Boone
The entire Twisted Sister tribute album

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Manfred Earth Band - Blinded by the Light (i think this version is the cover version)

Yes it was a cover. Originally done by Springsteen. ANd I do believe it was Manfred Manns Earth Band. Another great cover they did was Mighty Quinn originally done by Dylan.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Phish's cover of Los Lobos "When the Circus comes" is a great cover tune. I must say that my all time favorite cover is probably the Gords cover of "Gin and Juice". I giggle like a schoolgirl everytime i hear that tune. :D

mabudonicus
05-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Raven's cover of "Born to be Wild" (steppenwolf) is AWESOME (JBF, find it if you can, you will laugh yourself to tears)

Agreed on Len Kravitz "american woman" horrible pos that is

Motley Crue- "shout at the devil" on that generetion swine, where they covered themselves, AWESOME

"Kill the King" (the "Rainbow" tune, not m-deth) as covered by Hammerfall (also their cover of "Man on the Silver Mountain")

Gamma Ray- any of their covers (notably "Long Live Rock and Roll", 'nother Rainbow tune)

Motorhead's "Cat scratch Fever" is fun

GnR "mama kin" lotta fun

Any cover that is exactly the same as the original kinda stinks (especially if the solo is copped note-for-note, that really drives me) if you're not gonna interpret it, might as well just rip the arrangement and make a slightly different song, that way at least it seems like you've created something

El Chuxter
05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
The entire Honkin' on Bobo, Me and Mr Johnson, and Trouble No More albums by Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, and John Mellencamp, respectively.

Also, with only a couple of exceptions from American IV (Bridge Over Troubled Water and Desperado), any Johnny Cash cover from the American Recordings period. Especially Rusty Cage, Hurt, and One.

Dweezil and Ahmet's take on Baby One More Time was actually good enough to make me like the song. (At least when they do it.)

As long as I've got the Reverend Billy avatar, I should recommend his hysterical take on the old blues classic, There Is Something on Your Mind.

As for bad, one that comes immediately to mind: in KB last week, I heard what sounded like Britney Spears doing She Blinded Me With Science. :eek:

Kidhuman
05-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Speaking of Britney, one of the funniest covers is Mr. Bungle doing Hit Me Baby One more Time. Check that one out. Guaranteed laughs. :beard:

Rogue II
05-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Tool did No Quarter? I have to hear that. Which album?

Good:
Metallica's "Stone Cold Crazy" ...and most any other song Metallica has covered.
Wallflowers "Heros"
AAF "Smooth Criminal"
Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child O' Mine"
Fear Factory "Cars"
Van Halen "Pretty Woman"
Jimi Hendrix "All Along the Watchtower"
Garth Brooks "Hard Luck Woman"

Bad:
Anything by Lanny Kravitz
...and Marylin Manson
...and Puff Daddy or whatever he calls himself
...and anything covered by those pop artists like Mariah Carey, Brittney Spears, and that Simpson girl
...can't forget anything by William Shatner

Exhaust Port
05-03-2004, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't even say that what Puff Daddy does is even a cover. He creates some horrible song that happens to include a catchy riff from other great songs. I guess a lot of rap and industrial do that but his stuff is more than just borrowing a sound sample, he almost rips the whole song. That one that used The Police "Every Breath You Take" was a bit much.

Rocketboy
05-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I forgot, anything by Richard Cheese is pretty funny.

arctangent
05-04-2004, 06:46 AM
i think the following are pretty good covers:

gary numan's 'metal' by nine inch nails
'the light pours out of me' by ministry (can't remember who did the original)
nine inch nails 'hurt' by jonny cash
diamond head's 'am i evil?' by metallica
led zepplin's 'dazed and confused' by cave in
'please don't touch' by headgirl (can't remember who did that originally either)

and motorhead's version of 'catscratch fever' might be ok but their version of 'god save the queen' is a bit ropey. not as ropey as megadeath's version of 'anarchy in the uk' however.

evenflow
05-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Tool did No Quarter? I have to hear that. Which album?

It is off the album Salival. It came in a box set type deal with a dvd. Awesome set actually which I believe is now out of print.

arctangent
05-04-2004, 10:05 AM
It is off the album Salival. It came in a box set type deal with a dvd. Awesome set actually which I believe is now out of print.

another good choice. i had to hunt so hard to find salival in the uk and i could only get the video version. another really good song on that cd is 'you lied' which i believe is a cover of a song by peach (justin chancellor's band before he joined).

mabudonicus
05-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Arctangent, agreed on the 'pistols covers, what a trainwreck, almost as shameless as the originals, and why bother if that's the case???
And RAMONES by Motorhead, which was a sort of fake cover, that became a real cover, that tune is Awesome (best thing about catscratch fever is how Lemmy changed the lyrics cos he thought they were too crude :beard: )

Oh, Big Sugar's version of Crosstown Traffic (Hendrix) and their cover of "Dear Mr Fantasy" are fun (the Traffic version done with mega feedback and stuff, totally sweet)

Butthole Surfers "Sweat Loaf", sort of a cover, funny as heck

Manowar doing "Sting of the Bumblebee", "William's Tale" or their recent cover of Elvis' "An American Trilogy"

:beard: there's more, soooo many in fact

evenflow
05-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Manowar doing "Sting of the Bumblebee", "William's Tale" or their recent cover of Elvis' "An American Trilogy"

Their cover of Nessun Dorma is actually really good as well. Manowar rocks.

scruffziller
05-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Metallica and the PET SHOP BOYS have improved upon every cover they have ever done.

Guns 'N Roses cover of SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL is unfriggin' unbelievably cool.:zzz:

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Metallica and the PET SHOP BOYS have improved upon every cover they have ever done.

Guns 'N Roses cover of SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL is unfriggin' unbelievably cool.:zzz:

Janes Addictions version is way better. :beard:

Sentinel18725
05-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Must agree about Jane's Addiction to Sympathy for the Devil....incredible!

Let's not forget one of the kings of covers......Joe Cocker! I just love when he does a cover!

I will agree with alot of the best covers...
GNR "Knockin on Heaven's Door"
Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal"
U2 "Helter Skelter"
etc.

but let me throw in a few odd ones.....

Billy Idol "Don't Forget about me" good
Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby" horrible (I acutually liked this one until I found out it was him doing a cover of himself!!!!!)

2-1B
05-05-2004, 02:16 AM
That Jessica Simpson cover of Take My Breath Away is terrible.

Metallica has not improved upon every cover they've done. Their MF medley is good but nothing could ever top Fate doing those songs . . . if Hetfield would have refrained from trying to sing King's lyrics and just left it as an instrumental, it would be an even better tribute.
I like their Last Caress cover but I'll take the Misfits version any day.

arctangent
05-05-2004, 04:36 AM
Let's not forget one of the kings of covers......Joe Cocker! I just love when he does a cover!

I will agree with alot of the best covers...
GNR "Knockin on Heaven's Door"
Alien Ant Farm "Smooth Criminal"
U2 "Helter Skelter"
etc.

joe cockers version of with a little help from my friends is pretty good, better than the beatles original infact imo.

guns n roses cover of knocking on heavens door just summed up evrything that went wrong with them, however. axl hasn't got the voice to pull it off - clapton's version is way better. someone should have taken axl aside and said 'knocking on heavens door? november rain? just say no to dodgy covers and crap ballads and get on with doing what you're best at'

and fear factory's cover of nirvana's school from their new album gives it a well deserved of a kick up the arse :stupid: !

James Boba Fettfield
05-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Met improving on covers, I would like to bring up the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds song, "Loverman." Not really a great cover at all. Though I do understand Hetfield choosing to cover the song, he's a Cave fan and I know that sparked interest in fans to check out Nick Cave. Still not a great cover, though.

But they did perform as "the Lemmys" for Lemmy's 50th birthday party, so that makes up for the Nick Cave thing. Who cares if it was three years before they covered Loverman, honoring Lemmy makes up for anything.

Now to eagerly await hearing the cover Motorhead recorded of Whiplash...

arctangent
05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
But they did perform as "the Lemmys" for Lemmy's 50th birthday party, so that makes up for the Nick Cave thing. Who cares if it was three years before they covered Loverman, honoring Lemmy makes up for anything.

Now to eagerly await hearing the cover Motorhead recorded of Whiplash...

they looked pretty funny all dressed up as lemmy :crazed: ! i didn't know motörhead had recorded a cover of whiplash - should make interesting listening.

another of my favourite covers i have just thought of is 1000 homo dj's version of sabbath's 'supernaut'.

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 01:02 PM
joe cockers version of with a little help from my friends is pretty good, better than the beatles original infact imo.

There aren't many covers that can even rival or surpass the original, but that is one of them.

Anothger good cover is Leon Russel doing Bob Dylans, Masters of War to the Star Spangled Banner. Pearl Jam also covered Masters of War on a Dylan Tribute and did phenominal.

Sentinel18725
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I for got about Faith No More's cover of "Easy". I also have a Pearl Jam doing "Rockin in the Free World" Pretty good........

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 09:49 PM
How did we all forget about FNM "Easy"???? Great damn tune!!!!

Pearl Jam has done alot of covers. I have a bootleg from them that is entirely cover tracks. Eddie Vedders biggest influence is Neil Young, and he does alot of Neil Young songs.

Rogue II
05-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Man, I forgot all about "Easy." I haven't heard that Jane's Addiction cover...yet.

I forgot another really bad cover: Limp Bizkit covered the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." They didn't even cover the whole bleepin' song.

Dr Zoltar
05-06-2004, 09:21 PM
The PET SHOP BOYS have improved upon every cover they have ever done.
Damn straight brotha! (Sorry, I'm not a Metallica fan).

Good:
Anything on the "This Mortal Coil" album -- everything is a cover.
"Sympathy for the Devil" by Liebach (sp?)
"Wonderwall" by The Michael Flowers Pops
"Solsbury Hill" and "Make Me Smile" by Erasure (In fact any cover by Erasure)
"Stop!" by Bjorn Again (They are an Abba cover band)
"Blue Monday" by Orgy

Bad:
"Route 66" by Depeche Mode
Any cover of a Cure song (I haven't heard one I like)
Many of the ones already mentioned...

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 10:14 PM
A;most forgot

Nirvan - Lake of Fire, Where did you sleep last night?, Plateu

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 10:49 PM
A good one I haven't seen mentioned was Guns N' Roses: Live and Let Die. I actually like this version better than the original by Paul and Linda McCartney.

evenflow
05-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Another coupl eof good ones you can add to my list are:

Type O Negative - Summer Breeze
Porcupine Tree - Thank You

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Faith No More's war Pigs

Bobajames
05-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Good:
A.F.I. - Halloween
Stone Temple Pilots - Break on Through (i like it at least)

Bad:
that girl singing the white stripes song (it was bad to begin with, she made it worse)
Jessica Simpson - Take my breath away (she even forgot the words to it at music midtown here in atlanta i heard)

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 10:53 PM
It wouldnt surprise me if she forgot the words to her own song.

arctangent
05-10-2004, 05:45 AM
the manic street preachers versions of 'can't take my eyes off you' and 'singing in the rain' are both pretty groovey but limp bizkets version of the who's 'behind blue eyes' sucks big time. fred isn't fit to roadie pete townsend's guitar let alone cover one of his songs :eek: !

Kidhuman
05-13-2004, 03:06 PM
I heard the most God Awful cover last night. Someone covered Chains by Fleetood Mgac agnd it wags horrid.

El Chuxter
05-13-2004, 03:11 PM
I guess that breaks the chain (no pun intended) of great FM covers.

Santana hit it big covering "Black Magic Woman."

Both the Smashing Pumpkins and the Dixie Chicks did stellar covers of "Landslide" (though the radio remix of the Chicks' version sucks eggs).

Then there was that "Tribute to Rumours" album with Jewel and Elton John and. . . . oh, wait, that was an entire album of bad Fleetwood Mac covers! My theory just went to H E Double Hockey Sticks.

arctangent
05-14-2004, 05:13 AM
judas priest have covered 'green manalishi (with the two pronged crown)' in their live show for years, which is a cover from the peter green era fleetwood mac and i also recently discovered that 'diamonds and rust' isn't a priest song either but was originally sung by joan baez (don't know if thats the right spelling). they have made both songs their own and sound like they were written by priest themselves.

mabudonicus
05-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Last time I saw Priest they did "diamonds and rust" bigtime, first 2 verses and choruses all acoustic then kicking in large for the last one, it brought tears to my eyes it was so awesome....

Priests' cover of "Johnny b goode" from ram it down is terrible, though

Phil Collins' "can't hurry love" stinks on ice

Dio and Yngwie Malmsteens cover of "Dream On" (aerosmith) is pretty good...

Oh, and agreed on Nessun Dorma, that song is so sad taken in context (as a tribute to Eric'c mother, who passed away while they were recording)

evenflow
05-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Add another one to the WORST list for me:

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2004, 10:32 AM
More good (as an English teacher, I must correct that mistake: gooder ;) )
"Hazy Shade of Winter" The Bangles
"Mrs. Robinson" The Lemonheads (must be a Simon & Garfunkel thing)
"There She Goes" Six Pence None the Richer

More bad (again, the English teacher in me commands me: worser :eek: )
"Kiss" Tom Jones
"Lean on Me" Club Noveux (sp?, or is it Timex Social Club?)
"American Pie" Madonna

Kidhuman
05-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Club Noveux was correct. Spelling might be off but it was them. :beard:

Jedi Master Silas
05-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I havent been around for awhile so if anyone mentioned this previously sorry. I cant stand Kelly Osbournes version of the MaDonna song "Papa dont preach". :eek:

Turbowars
05-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but what's that one band that redid Easy E's Song Boy's in the Hood. God that ones funny, a group of white boys singing a gangsta rad song.

The Boys in the hood are always hard, come talking your trash and we'll pull your car..... LOL Man that brings back memories.

Rocketboy
05-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I mentioned that one already. It was Dynamite Hack.
One of my favorites and an instant classic.
:D

arctangent
05-17-2004, 05:28 AM
i forgot another cover by judas priest - better by you, better than me. originally by spooky tooth its the song that priest ended up in court for the backward masking 'do it do it' controversy.

and i have to agree with you evenflow, scissor sisters version of comfortably numb is truly horrid.

mabudonicus
05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I never knew that was a cover, it makes the "lawsuit" for stained class even funnier, arctangent, cool factoid.
:beard:

evenflow
05-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Guitar One Magazine just came out with an article for the top 10 best covers:

01. QUIET RIOT - "Cum on Feel the Noize"
02. SYSTEM OF A DOWN – "Snowblind"
03. SLAYER – "Born to Be Wild"
04. GUNS N' ROSES – "Knockin' on Heaven’s Door"
05. JIMI HENDRIX – "Star Spangled Banner"
06. THE BYRDS – "My Back Pages"
07. HUSKER DU – "Eight Miles High"
08. STEVIE RAY VAUGHN – "Little Wing"
09. NIRVANA – "Love Buzz"
10. VAN HALEN – "You Really Got Me"

arctangent
05-20-2004, 04:19 AM
Guitar One Magazine just came out with an article for the top 10 best covers:

01. QUIET RIOT - "Cum on Feel the Noize"
02. SYSTEM OF A DOWN – "Snowblind"
03. SLAYER – "Born to Be Wild"
04. GUNS N' ROSES – "Knockin' on Heaven’s Door"
05. JIMI HENDRIX – "Star Spangled Banner"
06. THE BYRDS – "My Back Pages"
07. HUSKER DU – "Eight Miles High"
08. STEVIE RAY VAUGHN – "Little Wing"
09. NIRVANA – "Love Buzz"
10. VAN HALEN – "You Really Got Me"

wow, quite riot is really taking me back to my youth! they had a good go at covering slade but i'm not sure its the best cover ever. i have seen system do snowblind live and it was pretty good. you can't knock jimi, can you, or stevie ray vaughn for that matter and van halen's you really got me is class but guns n' roses? please. i think i mentioned before that imo their version of knockin' just shows up what a weak voice axl has when he tries to 'sing' - i much prefer their cover of rose tatoo's nice boys don't play rock n' roll! the others i have never heard but i would like to hear slayer's take on born to be wild - i bet it rocks :crazed: !

evenflow
05-20-2004, 09:25 AM
I have to disagree, I think GNR did a great job with all their covers.

El Chuxter
05-20-2004, 01:30 PM
GNR was hit and miss with covers, and Heaven's Door was a miss. Whether it's the album version with the strange phone call, the live version with "Gimme some reggae," or the radio edit with the weird "It wasn't even their fault; how were they supposed to know?", it just didn't cut it.

Funny that a guitar magazine, who normally idolize Jimmy Page, didn't include some of Led Zeppelin's "originals." I mean, 'When the Levee Breaks,' 'Heartbreaker,' and 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' all have some killer guitar in them.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 12:09 PM
How can STar Spangled Banner by Hendrix be better than All Along The Watchtower? I mean it is a great cover, but the latter is way better. When Dylan says" I feel like I am covering a Hendrix song when I perform the song" has to account for something.

SladeDave
05-29-2004, 05:20 PM
The Cover version " Cum On Feel The Noize"

from QUIET RIOT is for me the best coverversion of a SLADE song.......

A great voice....a realy good imitation of Noddy Holder..........

Keep on Rockin`

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Korn's "Word Up" is nice.
I have now realized that anything that Marilyn Manson stinks, especially his covers ("Tainted Love," "Personal Jesus," "Sweet Dreams," etc.).

Kidhuman
09-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Fred DUrst is really doing some horrible renditions of older songs. I was flipping through my SIrius radio stations on dish network and heard some God awful Fleetwood Mac cover by WIlson Phillips the other night. I thought they were broken up. WHy are they still making music?

scruffziller
09-06-2004, 04:54 AM
HELMET did an excellent cover of SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE by BLACK SABBATH for the Jerky Boys Movie.:) Ozzy was hilarious in that movie.

Plus, WASP's version of MISSISSIPPI QUEEN blows the original away.

Why the heck Wal Mart radio plays lounge singers covers of The Bee Gees( I cringe whenever they play the covering of More Than A Woman), Talking Heads, and Guns 'N Roses.:rolleyes: All I can say is that its Wal Mart.