PDA

View Full Version : The movies' names

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2004, 12:02 PM
I wasn't around for the original releases, so I wanted to know about their names.

I know ANH was just called Star Wars in 1977, but when was it changed to Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope? I heard somewhere it was in 1979 or something.

If it was changed in 1979, then were ESB and ROTJ called by their current full names at their releases? Or were the episode numbers left off until 1997?

bandon_29
05-02-2004, 12:53 PM
originally a new hope was just called star wars there was no a new hope or episode 4 on it because he didnt know it would become that sucessful to make the other chapters then in 1979 they added episode 4 a new hope but empire as far as i know was always called the empire strikes back and return of the jedi was originally called revenge of the jedi but lucas changed it because revenge wasnt the way of the jedi it was also filmed under the code name blue harvest:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :evil: :evil: :evil: :classic: :D :) ;) lol :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Agreed with Bandon, just Star Wars. No episode # or anything of the sort until about 79