PDA

View Full Version : Cards Front and Back

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Here is what one of the new Cards will look like.

Reefer Shark
05-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the pic KH. They look really cool IMO, no complaints here. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it's best looking cardback design yet (except the vintage cards of course). From the back, it looks like all re-releases in the picture.

I love the big background images, and I'll bet they're gonna look fantastic with the figures in 'em.

I wonder what that Yoda in the corner is.... it looks like it's an image from the clone wars cartoon or something??? Mabye it's an ad, or promo offer for the Clone Wars DVD?? (that would be cool!)

vadersvette
05-02-2004, 05:53 PM
That looks awesome! I'm going to have to buy several stormtroopers!

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the pic KH. They look really cool IMO, no complaints here. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it's best looking cardback design yet (except the vintage cards of course). From the back, it looks like all re-releases in the picture.

I love the big background images, and I'll bet they're gonna look fantastic with the figures in 'em.

I wonder what that Yoda in the corner is.... it looks like it's an image from the clone wars cartoon or something??? Mabye it's an ad, or promo offer for the Clone Wars DVD?? (that would be cool!)

It looks like Wicket is on the back of thecard as well as Boba POC and an R2 version. I cant make out what the Yoda thing says. I tried enlarging that area and it came up all blurry.

And yes, these are without a doubt the best card backs in the modern era of collecting.

Edit: Someone from another board had an enlarged picture and it is probably what the corner says......

Silent Chazz
05-02-2004, 08:53 PM
I think the Yoda thing is an Advertisement for that Kids Jedi club thing.

and on a side note, Woohoo! I can finally get Wicket to go with the Ultra Ewok I bought last night and my Vintage Logray.

Pulsar
05-03-2004, 05:53 AM
May be I missed something out but ... how will the cards finally look like?
In the Clambshell-Thread was this picture posted [Klick (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/2708-OTClukeholo.jpg)]. Besides the StarWars Header you can see there Luke and Leia in this '77 position (holding up lightsaber, etc). This one isn't on the picture posted in this thread?

Or are there two versions (VOTC / OTC) of the line?

*Help*

Kidhuman
05-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Did you click the beard? They both will basically have wrap around pictures. The VOTC will come in clamshells and the regualr OTC will not. The OTC is mostly resculpts and rehashes of older figures, while the VOTC is newer, SA sculpts.

Pulsar
05-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Hehe thanks. :)

The OTC is mostly resculpts and rehashes of older figures ...What does "older figures" mean? Figures from the last lines (e.g. POTJ and Saga) ?

while the VOTC is newer, SA sculpts ...What are "SA scuplts" ?

Finally a question about the vehicles of the (V)OTC line. Do they base of the POTF 2 line? Or on the Vintage line (Sandcrawler) ? Or are they completly new?

I'm quite new here, I know my English isn't that good but please be patient. :)

Reefer Shark
05-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Welcome to SSG Pulsar!!!! This a great forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay here!!

Hehe thanks. :)

What does "older figures" mean? Figures from the last lines (e.g. POTJ and Saga) ?
Older figures means re-releases from previous lines. Some from POTF2, some from POTJ, Some from Saga, etc... There's also some new sculpts in the OTC line (Dagobah R2, Luke, Yoda, etc..)

What are "SA scuplts" ?
SA = Super Articulated. (Like the recent Clone Trooper)

Finally a question about the vehicles of the (V)OTC line. Do they base of the POTF 2 line? Or on the Vintage line (Sandcrawler) ? Or are they completly new?
So far, they've only announced re-releases that we've seen in POTF2 (made from molds that originated in the vintage line).