PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Apocalypse in theaters Sept 10th 04

Turbowars
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Looks cool and it picks up right when the 1st one ended with Mila standing in the street with barely any thing on and a shot gun it hand. Check out the pre-view.

http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Yeah, i saw this teaser back in September with "Underworld" and loved it. I was kinda irked how it was some POSSIBLE new footage with like 98% old stuff, but it was very well done. I do remember a few months back when clips and photos of Nemesis were leaked as JBFF and myself spent some time downloading them. I'll see if i can conjure some up. Anyway, i can't wait for this flick!! :D

Turbowars
05-02-2004, 10:48 PM
Me too! I just so happy that Mila is in it and it starts where the 1st left off.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Here are a pics i found of Nemesis that were leaked back in March. enjoy! :D

Hellboy
05-03-2004, 08:05 PM
From what I've seen this film looks like it could turn out to be pretty good. To me the first film was more of a haunted house movie than a zombie flick and I worry that this sequel might focus more on the Nemisis character rather than the zombie apocalypse, but regardless I'll definately be checking it out. :neutral:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-02-2004, 12:48 PM
The one sheet poster has just been released. I REALLY like the design. I dunno about the tagline, but the colors and images in this poster are pretty sweet. Enjoy! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Figures. Just as i'm e-baying my entire RE toy collection, the trailer for this flick finally arrives.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/residentevilapocalypse.html

My first thoughts, sadly, are: eh. I mean, i'm all about zombies flicks, but this trailer has serious issues. The CGI on the licker still doesn't look right and kinda silly. Maybe it was the crappy QT set up Yahoo has, i dunno. Also, the damned rock music at the end. I just hate crap like that. Also, Alice seems to be superwoman now? Running DOWN A SKYSCRAPER wall?!?! WTF!!! I'll see it, but my hopes for a zombie fest are slightly dashed. :(

Here's to hoping it'll grow on me. :D

Hellboy
07-13-2004, 05:02 PM
I saw the trailer before "King Arthur" last week and think it looks pretty lame if you're one of those people hoping for a good zombie/horror flick. This is definitely looking more like an all out action picture than a horror movie. I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed since thats basically what the first film was but I was optomistic that it might be different.

In the scene where Alice is running down the side of a that skyscraper she is actually repelling. Still it didn't excite me and Jill Valentine looks ridiculous dressed the way she is during this so called "Apocalypse". :rolleyes:

Hellboy
09-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Well I went to see this film today and it was pretty disappointing. :dis:

First off I'd like to say I gave it a fair chance. In preparation I watched the Resident Evil DVD over the weekend and actually enjoyed it a bit more than when I previously saw it in theaters so I really was looking forward to seeing Apocolypse. Unfortunately the film is full of sub-par acting and extremely stupid scenes like Jill Valentine's overly dramatic and completely unbelievable entrance into a police station guns a blazin'. The story really goes nowhere and each action scene, and there are plenty here, just feels like a set-up to showcase the various creatures we know from the video games.

Overall this is a VERY LOUD action movie that suffers from some pretty poor editing and a lack of originality. For the most part the characters are flat and worse the movie lacks any real sense of tension, which is never good in a survival-horror movie. I think the first RE is far superior and I definitely wasn't it's biggest supporter so unless you consider yourself a die-hard RE fan I'd say save your coin and give this a whirl when it comes out on DVD.

Turbowars
09-13-2004, 10:06 PM
It sure did start off promising. Liked how it started where the 1st ended, but nothing else really to talk about. The Nemesis was lame and what was up with all the english ascents? Man what a bummer. I really wanted this to be a great film, but it just didn't do it for me. Alway nice to see Mila though.

gsr-jedi
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I liked it. I thought it was truer to the game series than the first one, except it was too action-packed for the games. Me & my friend have both played all the games and we kept pointing like "Oh, remember that?".

Hellboy
09-15-2004, 05:06 PM
This was reported over at BD.

With the success of Sony Screen Gems' Resident Evil: Apocalypse in its opening weekend, the movie's producers and Impact Pictures partners Jeremy Bolt and Paul W.S. Anderson believe that their story leads inexorably to Resident Evil: Afterlife, Anderson tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I always thought of the Resident Evil films as a trilogy," Anderson told the Hollywood Reporter. "The first film was a prequel to the game world. The new movie intersects the film and game world and the third movie will act as a follow-up to the games. It's a nice arc-prehistory, in-game and then a sequel to the games."
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2506&Template=newsfull

Yeah Paul that sounds all well and good but if you always saw the films as a trilogy then why are we only hearing about it after the success of the sequel and if you were so into this idea then why didn't you helm the second installment? :rolleyes: I think this guy smells another payday and he'll say whatever it takes to make this a franchise. :greedy: The title Resident Evil: Afterbirth might be a more appropriate title for this one.

OC47150
09-22-2004, 01:22 PM
I saw RE on my day off last week, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked it more than the original.

I hope they do make a second sequel. It would be interesting to see where the writers take Alice and the others.