PDA

View Full Version : MM Bespin

Huckleberry Josh
12-14-2001, 07:19 PM
I just wondered if anybody else has trouble with their little mm Bespin staying on the stand. Actually , Mine stays on the stand , but it's top heavy and falls over all the time.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-14-2001, 08:58 PM
Actually the previous post reminded of something I've been having trouble with.

On the Darth Vader Transforming Head Playset (the one that turns into Bespin/Cloud City with the landing platform, Han in Carbonite, etc.) there are two "glass" windows that "shatter" when you swing that thingamajig barrier against them. One of the windows has been removed. Usually they will snap back in place, but one of them doesn't anymore. Instead it hangs sort of limp and if you come within 5 feet of it, it will swing open automatically. Anyone else having trouble with this or am I talking to the wall? :crazed:

As far as the MM Bespin is concerned, yeah I have that problem with some of the stands. Usually if you position the vehicle at a certain angle (either facing up a little more) you have your problem solved. If all else fails, do what I do and prop it up against another ship or a wall. :happy:

LTBasker
12-15-2001, 09:20 AM
I've had that problem with my Space Dock STMM, I'm thinking about getting some thin sticky stuff and puttng it under the MM stand then squeezing the hole on the Space Dock as much as possible so it'll get a tight fit around the stand. You might try the same, to my knowledge the hole part for Bespin is a little too thick or squeeze, but the stuff under the MM stand should help, maybe?

LBC, wish I could help with yours, but dunno actually how I should, you might try also squeezing the hinge part on the glass piece, not sure.

vulcantouch
12-15-2001, 11:21 AM
. . .but i certainly don't like the way the stands Look on radially-symmetrical designs like cc, suncrusher, ds2, ds9, fsd, array, borg etc. (but the diag-teardrop stands are a-ok for other mm ships whose designs imply motion :) ) since they didn't make different-designed stands for visually-stationary mms, my solution has been to fashion "hershey's kiss"-shaped mm stands, by shortening the stand for the interrogator droid that comes w/commtech vader, and cutting off the clear base attached to the holographic ds that comes with r2q5 :)

JediTricks
12-16-2001, 07:53 AM
I had the same problem with Cloud City, so I traded it in with the Taco Bell magnetic levitation one.

As for the Vader window, check to make sure you put it back at the right orientation, it has to click into place in just a certain way to get it to stay, IIRC.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-16-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I had the same problem with Cloud City, so I traded it in with the Taco Bell magnetic levitation one.

As for the Vader window, check to make sure you put it back at the right orientation, it has to click into place in just a certain way to get it to stay, IIRC.

The hinge does indeed snap back into place, but when the platform swings into the "glass" to open up, one of the hinges pops out of place and the window hangs all cockeyed, and it dangles there because it is just hanging on by a thread.

Just a minor problem--I keep the thing closed more often than not. I appreciate the advice :)

JediTricks
12-17-2001, 12:14 AM
Hmm, that is weird. Perhaps the plastic on the hinge is starting to give, I have had that problem with a few hinged items in the past when I remove them too often.

What ever the problem is, the best of luck to you in solving it!:)