PDA

View Full Version : Any hotwheel collectors here?

Darth Mina
05-03-2004, 10:48 PM
As I was walking into target today a couple of hothell :crazed: collectors run by me and started to go all crazy about diffrent cars, and to be honest I don't understand what the heck the look for. How can they tell that theres is going to be new cars, or what kind of car are comming up? AND WHY DO THEY BUY STAR WARS TOYS IF I DON'T FIND ANY FIGURES I DON'T GO ARROUND THE AISLE AND PICK UP CARS :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reefer Shark
05-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Cause they're scalper bastards, that's why.... Out here in LA, the HW guys like to buy up all the new SW figs and take 'em to their buddies at Frank-n-sons. I've actually heard them talking about it while they do it (on more than one occasion too).

Now when I see them run to the toy aisle, and fevereshly go through the Hot Wheels racks, I can't help but cringe.... they make us look bad. It's part of the reason that some store employees don't like us, they think we're all like that!

On the variations, I think the rare Hot Wheels say "treasure hunt" along the side of the package (or something like that). I don't know though since I really don't have any interest in them.

*disclaimer*
I'm sure not all Hot Wheel collectors are bad people, I'm just going by my personal experience.

IMFETTUP
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I used to collect hot wheels, but it got too competative. The collectors in my area are fairly decent people, although a few leave a lot to be desired. I mostly collected the first editions and the treasure hunts. The treasure hunts are usually one per case, but not always. Each year there are usually 12 in the set. Super hard to find in any event! Most collectors will hit the stores first thing in the morning hoping to hit the motherload, like I do to find new star wars items. What would be to your advantage is to befriend one of these collectors and make it a mutually beneficial relationship. I am doing this in my area with good success. I tell him what I am looking for and vice versa. What I found out is that most hard core collectors already know the case assortments, and even where the treasure hunt is located in the case! At a usual 0.99 cents a pop it's not a bad hobby to get into. I just can't stand those people that are collecting to make a living off of e-bay! I was once asked what star wars stuff was good and I responded that it was all good as far as I was concerned. I urged him to buy one of each figure and promptly place it on e-bay!:D

Sidiously Darth
05-04-2004, 03:30 PM
It's like this, you're either an Elvis fan or a Beatles fan. You can like both but can only be a fan of one. :D

Aside from that, I don't mess with you're little cars. So don't mess with my action figures. :frus:

Darth Mina
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Aside from that, I don't mess with you're little cars. So don't mess with my action figures. :frus:
I say Hotwhells collecting should be banned :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
I have some Hot Wheels cars. I'll look through them for interesting cars. My favorite car being one with a zombie picture on it.

ZOMBIE! :Ogre:

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 10:00 PM
It's like this, you're either an Elvis fan or a Beatles fan. You can like both but can only be a fan of one. :D

Excellent analogy.

Couldnt of said it better. Keep your cheap *** cars and dont touch my SW figures. :beard:

kool-aid killer
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Hot Wheel collectors seem to be comparable to maggots in the collecting community. I rarely hear anything good said about them. Maybe its a bit of reverse snobbery, maybe its true. Ive only seen a few but they do seem a bit odd compared to the few Star Wars collectors ive run across. And if there is one thing i hate, its people who take toys from lines they dont collect. Dont make me learn all about your precious little cars, i can become a pain to you too...

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I say next time we see these Hotwheel scumbags at a Target or where ever, we should wait outside and when they come out we beat the living hell out of them. Then slide thin strips of Bamboo under there fingernails.

That's not going over the top is it?:confused:

Reefer Shark
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I say next time we see these Hotwheel scumbags at a Target or where ever, we should wait outside and when they come out we beat the living hell out of them. Then slide thin strips of Bamboo under there fingernails.

That's not going over the top is it?:confused:
Heh heh.... I like it!!

What do you say, meet at Burbank Target at 8:00am??
Lets make a party out of it, I'll bring the booze if you bring the bamboo :evil: .

After we finish beating the crap out of 'em, we can take all their precious Hot Wheels, and the short packed SW figures they've bought.

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll bring the booze if you bring the bamboo :evil: Dude, I'm in!!:evil: :D :smoker:

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 08:51 PM
And here I am looking for an old fashioned beat down and nowhere near Burbank. :beard: Give em one for me.

Darth Mina
05-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Count me in I'm all for it :crazed:

Ji'dai
01-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't buy these things, but I saw a HW Batmobile today. The cardback said to expect a new Batmobile from the animated series in the Mystery Car series. Then I actually spotted the Mystery Car series at another store - the bubbles are completely opaque! Has Mattel done this before? I bet this drives the MOC'ers nuts, having to open the package to see their new car.

JON9000
01-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I have occasionally considered getting nice, loose versions of many of the cars I had from the late 70's and early eighties. I also know Hotwheels had a super-sweet movie Batmobile (Keaton) and is coming out with a batmobile from the tv show that I would probably get if I saw it on the racks.

As far as diecast cars go, I often stop and look at the DUB cars by Jada Toys. Man, those are pretty sweet. I actually picked up a black 78 Trans Am Firebird. It sits on my desk at work.

LTBasker
01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I've never seen many major hotwheels collectors around here, the closest I've seen has been someone trading a case of'em at a comic store.

My stepdad has gotten into them though, since he goes with me to the toy aisle to look for figures quite often, he decided to start collecting the classics and special paintjobs that he likes. I collect some too, Dodge Vipers and Batmobiles only.

JediTricks
01-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't buy these things, but I saw a HW Batmobile today. The cardback said to expect a new Batmobile from the animated series in the Mystery Car series. Then I actually spotted the Mystery Car series at another store - the bubbles are completely opaque! Has Mattel done this before? I bet this drives the MOC'ers nuts, having to open the package to see their new car.This blind-pack thing is new to the line, I thought the question-mark embossed into the bubble was funny but they haven't got a collector out of me yet. I picked up a Mystery Car on Saturday though simply because it was there and I had 97 cents. The car inside was a car from a few years ago in a new, vac-metal paintjob and was in a baggie inside the bubble. Unfortunately, the paint scheme was kinda fugly - gaudy gold with red. I hear the hardcore HW guys (the ones who freak out when I tell them I'm opening the packaging ;)) are going nutso for these Mystery Cars after the first weeks of total disinterest.

As far as diecast cars go, I often stop and look at the DUB cars by Jada Toys. Man, those are pretty sweet. I actually picked up a black 78 Trans Am Firebird. It sits on my desk at work.I have the DUB Ford GT in blue, it looks great, but I generally hate the dub thing. Johnny Lightning has a line of 1:24th classic muscle cars, that line is awesome, I have a '70s Trans Am, a '67 Camaro, and a few others all looking sweet and classic.

BountyHunterScum
01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I collect HW and other diecast but I'm extremely picky.

BountyHunterScum
01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
This blind-pack thing is new to the line, I thought the question-mark embossed into the bubble was funny but they haven't got a collector out of me yet. I picked up a Mystery Car on Saturday though simply because it was there and I had 97 cents. The car inside was a car from a few years ago in a new, vac-metal paintjob and was in a baggie inside the bubble. Unfortunately, the paint scheme was kinda fugly - gaudy gold with red. I hear the hardcore HW guys (the ones who freak out when I tell them I'm opening the packaging ;)) are going nutso for these Mystery Cars after the first weeks of total disinterest.

I have the DUB Ford GT in blue, it looks great, but I generally hate the dub thing. Johnny Lightning has a line of 1:24th classic muscle cars, that line is awesome, I have a '70s Trans Am, a '67 Camaro, and a few others all looking sweet and classic.

The Batman tv series Batmobile is already out as a two pack with previous HW car repaints and a little figure in the package. I bought one of each, there were only two sets so far. Funny thing is, this new one is not 100% exact to the cartoon car. bottom one is tv car, top one is some other version of the animated one but not currently on the show.

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/87/a5/953d_1.JPG

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_batmobile2_1.jpg

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/04_05/BatmanBatmobileMaquette.jpg

JediTricks
01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
The one from the 2-pack that you're talking about, I've seen it a few times, looks good but kinda bland, anyway, that is not the car you linked to in the last 2 links, those show the FIRST car on the show and was destroyed, Bats replaced it with the one from the 2-pack and it's not particularly that good either. It appears it too is not the show's newest car though, the toy line has the newest one and it looks awful, it's not in the show yet though but almost certainly will be.

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
The one from the 2-pack that you're talking about, I've seen it a few times, looks good but kinda bland, anyway, that is not the car you linked to in the last 2 links, those show the FIRST car on the show and was destroyed, Bats replaced it with the one from the 2-pack and it's not particularly that good either. It appears it too is not the show's newest car though, the toy line has the newest one and it looks awful, it's not in the show yet though but almost certainly will be.

I haven't seen the brand new episodes of that new car. That sucks though the first car is nice.

JediTricks
01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
The ep where the first The Batman batmobile was destroyed and replaced was "RPM" in Season 3, Nov of '05.

I really dislike the batmobiles on this show, I hated the first one the most as its lines are so anti-Batmobile, so generic, I didn't find this out till I bought the toy though.

Then they release this piece of junk: http://www.gamleys.co.uk/images/the_batman_batmobile.jpg
Electronics and a big junky thing based around the figure line's new EXP power key gimmick. The Hot Wheels version is far less offensive, and actually has a window instead of a gap like the larger version.

This page has the new one which I am pretty sure will be on the show soon, the Shadowtek one: http://www.batmobilehistory.com/toystb-batmobile.php
(the Batwave Batmobile and Triple-Mission Batmobile were never seen on the show)

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Well I know for a fact the car wasn't completely destroyed but instead of salvaging it he decided to use one of his prototypes. Luckily someone at youtube has the ep on there and the batwave alert in perfect form.

In fact the new Batmobile doesn't look all that bad looks more stealthy than the previous one. It's exactly like the HW cars I have except it has Blue trim like one of them.

JediTricks
01-31-2007, 10:39 PM
The newest one, the Shadowtek one, when you see it in person you'll be shocked how narrow and funny-lookin' it really is. I was hoping this would be the Batmobile toy that finally worked for me in this line, but alas, no dice.

BountyHunterScum
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
The newest one, the Shadowtek one, when you see it in person you'll be shocked how narrow and funny-lookin' it really is. I was hoping this would be the Batmobile toy that finally worked for me in this line, but alas, no dice.

Thats the toy right? I'm picky I only buy certain Batmobiles.

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I meant when you see the toy in person you'll be shocked. I was really looking forward to it, flattering early photos made it seem good.

BountyHunterScum
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I meant when you see the toy in person you'll be shocked. I was really looking forward to it, flattering early photos made it seem good.

I saw it a little while ago tonight looks like a three wheeled something. Not my style.

JediTricks
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly! That's what I felt as well.

BountyHunterScum
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Batmobiles are four wheels only. The newer one on The Batman isn't so bad at least it's a car. Sure the startup of the car is a little gimmicky with the power core powerup deal but it's still a car.

JediTricks
02-04-2007, 02:24 AM
EXP Power Cores are not even an issue on the show after the ep that introduced the car, but the figure line's toy has them taking up the majority of the toy which I think sucks.

So far, no Shadowtek Batmobile on the show, but they did have a new Batmobile on today's ep because it took place 20 years in the future, it borrowed heavily from the Batmobile tank in The Dark Knight Returns.

BountyHunterScum
02-04-2007, 05:51 AM
EXP Power Cores are not even an issue on the show after the ep that introduced the car, but the figure line's toy has them taking up the majority of the toy which I think sucks.

So far, no Shadowtek Batmobile on the show, but they did have a new Batmobile on today's ep because it took place 20 years in the future, it borrowed heavily from the Batmobile tank in The Dark Knight Returns.

They are rerunning the older eps, lucky for me since after season 1 I was sh-t out of luck for a while. I hated yesterday's episode. I never did like when they showed a bs future.

DarkArtist
02-06-2007, 09:28 AM
not really a collector so to speak but I am looking for the TV version of the Batmobile.

JediTricks
02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
The best bet is the 2-packs, the single-carded one is in the mystery line and blind-packed so you're kinda screwed there. I went to get one of the 2packs yesterday but they had all sold out at Target, I fear the word is out about this. :ermm:

BountyHunterScum
02-07-2007, 01:10 AM
The best bet is the 2-packs, the single-carded one is in the mystery line and blind-packed so you're kinda screwed there. I went to get one of the 2packs yesterday but they had all sold out at Target, I fear the word is out about this. :ermm:

I got both 2 packs last week. Hopefully you can find it jedi, sure as hell beats busting the *** looking for some mystery version thats the same toy.

JediTricks
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I figure if I find it, then I'll get it, but I won't actively seek it out, it's just not that big a deal to me.

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I have yet ot see these blind pack versions or the two packs yet but have seen people holding a regular Batmobile on a blister pack. Is there a difference to the mystery car version.

BountyHunterScum
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I have yet ot see these blind pack versions or the two packs yet but have seen people holding a regular Batmobile on a blister pack. Is there a difference to the mystery car version.

No the mystery car and 2 pack car are the same. They both have blue trim on the roof but the second 2 pack car has white trim. If Jedi does end up wanting them but can't find them let me know Jedi.

BountyHunterScum
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Hopefully this is clear enough to give you an idea.....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g180/BMWM3E46/0208071036a.jpg

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info but I was refering to the 1966 TV Series Batmobile with Adam West and Burt Ward. There have been reports that it is going to be a rare find and that Hot Wheels is also going to release it in the 1/18th scale as well.

kool-aid killer
02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Hot Wheel collectors, i was at a Kmart yesterday and i seen a sign on the front door saying they were going to have an exclusive Hot Wheels car on the 10th of this month. Might be of interest to those of you that collect them.

BountyHunterScum
02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info but I was refering to the 1966 TV Series Batmobile with Adam West and Burt Ward. There have been reports that it is going to be a rare find and that Hot Wheels is also going to release it in the 1/18th scale as well.

There are two different sizes, I doubt its going to be very rare once shipping hits full swing.

LTBasker
02-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Actually theres gonna be the one in the regular 1:64 Hotwheel line, a 1:24, a 1:18 and a "Premium Format."

Plus I'm sure Mattel will do plenty of future releases of it.

BountyHunterScum
02-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Actually theres gonna be the one in the regular 1:64 Hotwheel line, a 1:24, a 1:18 and a "Premium Format."

Plus I'm sure Mattel will do plenty of future releases of it.

I agree I think they will too. There was a 1:64 on ebay recently for one hundred something. Scalping ruins the hobby.

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM
I saw the Joker 2pack last night, a bunch of 'em, at Target, but ultimately passed as the lines were long and I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. The light-colored blue stripes on the top of the car were what ultimately convinced me.

Kmart's gonna have an exclusive car? That's wild! They do a pretty good job with Hot Wheels actually, I haven't been in a while but generally whenever I used to go they'd have more new ones than Target, WM, or TRU.

BountyHunterScum
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I saw the Joker 2pack last night, a bunch of 'em, at Target, but ultimately passed as the lines were long and I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. The light-colored blue stripes on the top of the car were what ultimately convinced me.

Kmart's gonna have an exclusive car? That's wild! They do a pretty good job with Hot Wheels actually, I haven't been in a while but generally whenever I used to go they'd have more new ones than Target, WM, or TRU.

The joker pack is one the car with white trim lines, the riddler pack has blue trim lines. Exclusive batmobile or something else?

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I thought both 2packs had the light-colored lines and the mystery car was the version with the dark lines.

I doubt the Kmart exclusive HW will be a batmobile.

BountyHunterScum
02-10-2007, 05:15 PM
I thought both 2packs had the light-colored lines and the mystery car was the version with the dark lines.

I doubt the Kmart exclusive HW will be a batmobile.

The Mystery Batmobile is the one with Blue lines exactly the same as the car in the Riddler pack. Only the joker pack has white lines. Pretty much defeats the point but at the same time convenient for people like me who dislike wasting time looking for stuff constantly. So in other words I don't even have to bother with the mystery version because I already have it.

Blue2th
02-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Went into K-Mart today looking for SW figures. Unbeknownst to me, lo and behold they were having the K-Mart Hot Wheels days. So I got a free ticket. After two rounds of not getting my number called to rifle through a case of Hot Wheels, I tore it up, threw it in the air and walked out. No, not going to get sloppy seconds of something I was half-hearted about anyways! What a crock, and waste of time. I'm glad I don't collect them anymore, and as of today, I'm finally through with them for good! To add insult to my dry run today, I ran into an old HW collector I knew. He was telling me (because he knew I collect SW) how he found multiples of the Walmart Wave, and bought every one. He doesn't even collect them. I think he was waiting for me to make him an offer. It's my own damn fault for fraternizing with the enemy :ninja:

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
The Mystery Batmobile is the one with Blue lines exactly the same as the car in the Riddler pack. Only the joker pack has white lines. Pretty much defeats the point but at the same time convenient for people like me who dislike wasting time looking for stuff constantly. So in other words I don't even have to bother with the mystery version because I already have it.
Excellent, good to know, thanks a bunch, I'll get that Riddler one when I see it then. :cool:

Blue2th, that sucks! Kmart sure is a crappy store, a ticket system is the dumbest thing I can think of them doing. And sucks about the sleazy scalper.

BountyHunterScum
02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Excellent, good to know, thanks a bunch, I'll get that Riddler one when I see it then. :cool:

Blue2th, that sucks! Kmart sure is a crappy store, a ticket system is the dumbest thing I can think of them doing. And sucks about the sleazy scalper.

That's Kmart fall apart for ya. Yw Jedi :D Blue I would have said "that's cool" which in some cases is code word for who gives a crap. If prices/amounts start coming up stick to retail prices only. Then when you do get them for retail only you can subtly rub it in his face. I say send an email to kmart's HQ filing a complaint. I would say that the ticket thing is stupid and I would seriously suggest they never do that again if they wish to keep customers. I read somewhere online that some dude made off with eighteen of those batmobiles and possibly left none for anyone else. 18 lol I wouldn't know what to do with those gimme my two or three and I'm happy.

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, I found something unusual last night at Target. The store only had Joker sets again (the only store in my area with any of these 2packs) but this time I noticed something unusual and bought it - a Joker 2pack with the darker blue lines I was looking for on the Batmobile. I still have it sealed, not sure if I should be happy with finding the Batmobile I wanted or if it's an interesting enough variant to keep carded (the card is creased at 2 corners).

BountyHunterScum
02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Well, I found something unusual last night at Target. The store only had Joker sets again (the only store in my area with any of these 2packs) but this time I noticed something unusual and bought it - a Joker 2pack with the darker blue lines I was looking for on the Batmobile. I still have it sealed, not sure if I should be happy with finding the Batmobile I wanted or if it's an interesting enough variant to keep carded (the card is creased at 2 corners).

That's odd considering the joker pack version has white lines, maybe it is a packaging error or maybe not.

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I found a single Riddler set so I figured what the hell and picked it up. The lines on the version in the Riddler set are darker than the one I picked up in the Joker set, but the Joker one I have is definitely way more blue than the light blue ones that set normally comes with. I'll take photos of the sets I have if you wanna see.

Luuuuuuke
02-16-2007, 10:20 PM

Ha! The thing is, the Hot Wheels guys I've seen around my area generally look tougher than the Star Wars collectors:D Lots of truck driver/construction types.

I generally don't notice the Hot Wheels collectors, and they generally don't bother me. I don't see too many of them rushing to the aisles around here, which is weird since Frank N' Sons is pretty close. But then again, I don't hit stores right when they open but once a week.

To be honest, I think Star Wars scalpers are my bigger problem. But I might be underestimating the Hot Wheelers because I'm not there at 8 a.m. more often.

BountyHunterScum
02-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I found a single Riddler set so I figured what the hell and picked it up. The lines on the version in the Riddler set are darker than the one I picked up in the Joker set, but the Joker one I have is definitely way more blue than the light blue ones that set normally comes with. I'll take photos of the sets I have if you wanna see.

Sure I wouldn't mind seeing. I found the other two Bigtime Muscle Jada Camaro Concepts today. One White with Orange Stripes and one Black with Red stripes.

JediTricks
02-17-2007, 06:37 AM
I saw that orange striped one, it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the plain silver one though.

I'll try to remember to take the photos tomorrow.

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I saw that orange striped one, it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the plain silver one though.

I'll try to remember to take the photos tomorrow.

I have the plain silver one as well but I also found the metallic red one and bought it although thanks to night of the comet I pretty much hate the color Red. I do make exceptions.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Night of the Comet?

I saw the red one when I found the silver one (the ONLY time I've ever seen either, it was at Target), it didn't have the pizazz that the silver did so I had no problem choosing. With the white & orange one, i can see where it'd be appealing once the car comes out, but it's much more "on the street" which isn't exciting to me when it's still only a concept car.

BTW, I did a crazy clean-up yesterday and haven't found my camera yet, so pics are delayed temporarily.

BountyHunterScum
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Night of the Comet?

I saw the red one when I found the silver one (the ONLY time I've ever seen either, it was at Target), it didn't have the pizazz that the silver did so I had no problem choosing. With the white & orange one, i can see where it'd be appealing once the car comes out, but it's much more "on the street" which isn't exciting to me when it's still only a concept car.

BTW, I did a crazy clean-up yesterday and haven't found my camera yet, so pics are delayed temporarily.

Yeah a movie from the 1980's where a comet comes to earth and turns everyone whos outside watching it into piles of red dust and the partially exposed into zombies. The next day the main character Regina notices LA is deserted and the sky is a ruby red color, after she tangles with one of the creepies. Everything is red, I saw it when I was really young. Thats kinda why I don't like red, The Camaro is a nice candy apple metallic red so I make exceptions. I hope they make a Blue one with White stripes.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
That's a weird one!

If they do classic Camaro blue with white stripes, I may not be able to resist. I'd jump all over it at 1:24th scale.

BountyHunterScum
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
That's a weird one!

If they do classic Camaro blue with white stripes, I may not be able to resist. I'd jump all over it at 1:24th scale.

I'm into 1:18 so I'd get it in that scale.

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I like 1:18 but it takes up so much space, I have 'em on my microwave and refrigerator and above my sink, it's that bad. Plus, anything that's a variant like this I think doesn't need the full $20 treatment. And it's not like Jada's work on the 1:18 Camaro concept car has been entirely up to the challenge of the 1:18 scale, there's no suspension and no steering, no movable seats, the wheels are a tad cheap looking, and the engine's a facade I think (don't get me wrong, I do love the piece, but it's not as good as a lot of 1:18 cars out there) - all of which fit better with 1:24.

BountyHunterScum
02-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I like 1:18 but it takes up so much space, I have 'em on my microwave and refrigerator and above my sink, it's that bad. Plus, anything that's a variant like this I think doesn't need the full $20 treatment. And it's not like Jada's work on the 1:18 Camaro concept car has been entirely up to the challenge of the 1:18 scale, there's no suspension and no steering, no movable seats, the wheels are a tad cheap looking, and the engine's a facade I think (don't get me wrong, I do love the piece, but it's not as good as a lot of 1:18 cars out there) - all of which fit better with 1:24.

That's why I'm picky about jada.

JediTricks
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, you have to be with them, they're the new kid on the block and their work is nearly all Dub City and that sort of thing. Still looking for my camera, don't let me forget about the shot.

BountyHunterScum
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, you have to be with them, they're the new kid on the block and their work is nearly all Dub City and that sort of thing. Still looking for my camera, don't let me forget about the shot.

If you have aim/aol instant messenger or yahoo my name is the same as it is here. I don't like dub city, ghetto stuff isn't my interest. I do have some import racer cars.

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Photos of the blue-striped Batmobile in the Joker set:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6755/batmobile2ti1.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5017/batmobile1gy0.jpg

BountyHunterScum
02-21-2007, 08:21 PM
That is odd usually the blue striped one is in the riddler set. Mattel is obviously switching them around at random.

JediTricks
02-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I've seen dozens of this Joker set and this was the only one without the light blue stripes. The one I got in the Riddler set has darker stripes, I wish I had shot that as well at the time. :ermm:

BountyHunterScum
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
My joker one has really light blue almost white stripes. You can barely see the blue in it.

JediTricks
02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, all the ones I've seen have been like that until the one I got.

Anybody been noticing the HW Mystery cars are all opened now?

BountyHunterScum
02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, all the ones I've seen have been like that until the one I got.

Anybody been noticing the HW Mystery cars are all opened now?

You mean people are tampering with the packages? I've seen that from time to time.

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the mystery cars' packaging I find are always pried half open lately, I saw one at Target earlier in the week that I pushed on the peg slightly and the car went flinging out under a display. I've also seen their abandoned black bubbles sitting on shelves, I guess the cars stolen. I think HW really may have shot themselves in the foot with this mystery line.

BountyHunterScum
02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I've actually got that black cuda more than a couple of times. Luckily I got the batmobile so I needn't bother with the mystery crap. I saw a Bugatti Veyron mystery car that was opened I pushed on the package and it came rolling out. I didn't dare touch it, I'm not getting blamed for someone's pettiness. I have seen holes poked in the black bubbles before. Screw blind packages thats just bs. On a lighter note.....lol lollol @ stolen hotwheels mystery cars.

JediTricks
02-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Mystery pack is probably going to be the death of my collecting HW, I only buy what I like and they need a steady flow of new stuff in front of my eyes to keep my interest, the last 3 months or so there's been almost nothing new except for 3 cars and mystery packs, I'm not going to keep buying mystery packs in the hopes that I get something cool - my first one was pretty damn lame.

I'm looking at the HW site for new cars, and not digging what I'm seeing that I don't have already.
'66 Nova is alright, haven't seen it yet.
Buick Grand National could be good, no idea when it'll be out.
Everything else with a picture that I don't have yet is kinda "meh" whether I've seen it or not. And naturally, no pictures of the Mystery cars. :ermm:

BountyHunterScum
02-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Did you get the Camaro concepts?

JediTricks
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, so far I have 2 silver Camaro Concepts (I just saw a red one on Saturday but passed since I wasn't buying anything at the time and didn't want to wait in line for 20 minutes), Dodge Challenger Concept in original colors (I've seen a recolor already I think. This thing's lines are a little too soft and under-aggressive), Nitro Doorslammer (not bad), and Rogue Hog (I like it, but it's the pegwarmer of the year already).

BountyHunterScum
02-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Damn I have a few Rogue Hogs, I have both Camaro's I did buy the Challenger but have seen the error in my ways so I will be sticking to classic Chargers only since Chrysler sucks it through a tube. I also bought the hotwheels real riders Camaro set, I skipped the Challenger set because Chrysler sucks bigtime.

JediTricks
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Real Riders set? What's the deal with that?

I don't mind Chrysler in general, though if they got bought by GM it'd be very weird. They (the Daimler-Chrysler group) put out the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300, and Dodge Charger all on that previous-generation Mercedes body and they all look pretty sharp, sharp enough that Mercedes got jealous of their American arm and has said they're going to put a stop to all of that German-to-American sharing.

BountyHunterScum
02-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Real Riders set? What's the deal with that?

I don't mind Chrysler in general, though if they got bought by GM it'd be very weird. They (the Daimler-Chrysler group) put out the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300, and Dodge Charger all on that previous-generation Mercedes body and they all look pretty sharp, sharp enough that Mercedes got jealous of their American arm and has said they're going to put a stop to all of that German-to-American sharing.

The real rider things are a set of cars, two cars one 67 camaro and one camaro concept in burgundy with white stripes and rubber wheels. Limited edition. The Challenger set is a 71 Challenger and a Challenger concept. I bought the Camaro one.

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/showroom/nextonlinex/news.aspx?type=sale

JediTricks
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Ah, I hadn't seen or heard of those yet. The Camaro set looks decent, but the Challenger set looks dull as dishwater in that plain silver with black deco. I don't know about the wheels in those photos, I like the hub designs but the wheels and tires look a little oversized even for Hot Wheels.

BountyHunterScum
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
That is why I skipped the Challenger set, I hate chrysler now and it was as you said as dull as dishwater. Dodge Dullenger. lol

JediTricks
02-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I saw the concept car in person at the LA Auto Show and while it didn't draw the crowd that the Camaro did, the Challenger was a handsome car and garnered some attention. I took a lot of (unfortunately blurry) shots of it.

BountyHunterScum
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I found the Hotwheels 66 Batmobile. Glad I did too, I know some people have to go through alot of s**t to get one. HAHAHA not me!!!!!

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I found the Hotwheels 66 Batmobile. Glad I did too, I know some people have to go through alot of sh-t to get one. HAHAHA not me!!!!!

Consider yourself lucky. Can't seem to spot this one anywhere. There's already people selling it on Ebay for $25.

BountyHunterScum
03-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Consider yourself lucky. Can't seem to spot this one anywhere. There's already people selling it on Ebay for $25.

Faith = Victory, Know you are going to get it and it will happen. Unlike that jackass Tony Robbins I actually know something. I knew I was going to find it eventually and voila it happened. They also had the new Buick GN HW. I noticed on ebay they are talking about some rare mesh grille on the car which is total bs both mine have mesh grilles.

JediTricks
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice find! I noticed that grille thing on ebay, totally silly.

BountyHunterScum
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
They must be full of crap, so far I haven't seen a non mesh grill. Then again I've only seen the two I have. I'm gonna get the other HW 66 Batmobiles too including the 1:18 later this year.

BountyHunterScum
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
*gives this topic a 21 gun salute and lays it to rest until someone resurrects it*

JediTricks
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
While at Target today, I noticed a few new Hot Wheels on the pegs, including a really boring Porsche Cayman II that's #32 in the '07 new models lineup - surprised to see anything beyond the 10s from new models at this point. There was a few others, I picked up the Ford GTX-1, new model #17, I hadn't seen this car anywhere else before, it's apparently a concept car - a Ford GT without a top, and it looks darn snazzy. I also picked up an X-Raycer, the Nerve Hammer, this time it's a clear body with glow in the dark interior details - lots of GOTD - it looks great glowing, I have a portable blacklight which really made it pop, it's a sporty mold but a bit of a plain design really... but it glows! :D

BountyHunterScum
03-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Nice, the Ford GTX-1 is a Concept Prototype indeed they haven't decided wether to make it or not, I picked up the Porsche Gayman S ironically because there was nothing else to there.

JediTricks
03-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I can see why Ford might not want to make the GTX-1, its body is going to need to be significantly stiffened to make up for the lack of a top, and permanently-topless roadsters are harder to sell.

BountyHunterScum
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I can see why Ford might not want to make the GTX-1, its body is going to need to be significantly stiffened to make up for the lack of a top, and permanently-topless roadsters are harder to sell.

Half of supercar owners end up wrecking them anyway. Alot of money and very little brains are a big combination.

JediTricks
03-31-2007, 04:29 AM
True, apparently comedian Eddie Griffin just totaled a friggin Enzo while practicing for an upcoming celebrity charity race, the Enzo was his new movie's producer's car and he's not too happy - the movie is based on racing though and folks are claiming it was a publicity stunt, I think that's asking a little much to destroy a million dollar car in a potentially fatal wreck to advertise a bad movie. :p

However, these sports cars only hold appeal to the buyers so long as they actually perform, and if the car's chassis isn't stiff enough it'll flex and rob the car of power, not to mention increase the chances of it breaking in 2.

BountyHunterScum
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I saw the video, this idiot can't drive. Redline looks like it is going to suck too. If you've seen the commercial which I have, it wreaks of cheap movie action. For one it's not the Enzo's fault people are wrecking it, it is the drivers' fault. If you get a very fast car and a complete moron is the same space the accident can almost be predicted.

JediTricks
03-31-2007, 03:31 PM
It is pretty wild that it's always that car making the news.

I didn't know there was video of it, just looked it up, he blew it, he understeered AND locked the brakes up so it skidded straight into the wall instead of completing that turn. It does kinda look like the light front end might be the cause, it wasn't going quite fast enough to use the air to generate the downforce needed to keep the front wheels securely on the ground.

The movie indeed looks like standard dreck.

BountyHunterScum
03-31-2007, 04:28 PM
If you look closely at the wheels they are still spinning he didn't lock the brakes up in fact I read somewhere that after the crash he found the brake pedal. All car foot pedals are in the exact same place and order even on right hand drive cars [Clutch Brake Accelerator] that exact order.

2-1B
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I saw a TV spot for Redline today, the first time I ever heard of it, and I honestly thought I was watching an ad for Fast and the Furious part Four.

BountyHunterScum
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
LOL yeah what a joke. F&F would have imports though.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I had been scanning the pegs for Hot Wheels new model 2007 #15 and yesterday it finally happened - actually, I didn't see the number, it was sitting dead center front on the pegs at Target. So, I picked up the HW '66 Batmobile, and am quite happy with it. They did a great job with the body, the interior's a little off and the wheels are standard HW wheels (which is odd since I am pretty sure one of the classic wheels they have been using lately is a dead match for the ones on the actual Batmobile), and the cardback is very nice with a ton more data than usual. It's a nice car, great for a buck, and goes well with the HW line. I wish the batsymbols on the doors didn't have to have tiny "TM" next to them though.

BountyHunterScum
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I found a couple GTX-1 Ford's today along with a variant Wastelander dirty bike this one is grey my firsts are blue.

2-1B
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
JT, can you possibly rub off those TM symbols?

BountyHunterScum
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Also got the Temblor set and a Shadowtrooper UL.

JediTricks
04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I hadn't seen that Wastelander bike before, looks pretty decent.

Caes, it might be possible but I suspect it might mar the black underneath it, and it's close enough to the main emblem that my shaky hands would damage it.

That Temblor set seems really lame to me, they used a regular boring car for the Batmobile.

BountyHunterScum
04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes they did, typical american toy company in the 21st century. Cheap bastards.

BountyHunterScum
04-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Found a mystery batmobile. I shook the package and the car didn't hit the bubble so logically it was surrounded by a plastic bag.

Blue2th
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
I saw that Batmobile in a crumpled card. Didn't buy it. Probably should have. I wish Mattel would put out more of the adult sets with an upgraded more detailed version of this Batmobile. I have two of the adult Batmobile 100%, and they are cool. One's a single car. The other is a two car set. I'm missing the other two car set with the armored Batmobile from the first movie I do believe. Need to get it. Also have the large 1/18 HW Batmobile. You could say I like the HW Batmobiles.

Bought a Harley Davidson Rocket Oil truck at the local flea market for $20.00 (yeah I know I said no more HW, oh well)

BountyHunterScum
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I saw that Batmobile in a crumpled card. Didn't buy it. Probably should have. I wish Mattel would put out more of the adult sets with an upgraded more detailed version of this Batmobile. I have two of the adult Batmobile 100%, and they are cool. One's a single car. The other is a two car set. I'm missing the other two car set with the armored Batmobile from the first movie I do believe. Need to get it. Also have the large 1/18 HW Batmobile. You could say I like the HW Batmobiles.

Bought a Harley Davidson Rocket Oil truck at the local flea market for $20.00 (yeah I know I said no more HW, oh well)

I have the 1:18 Keaton Batmobile as well plus the Batman Forever/Batman & Robin 1:43rd set the Keaton movie set is at Exoticar on sale. I have the 66 Batmobile too and plan on getting the 1:43rd and 1:18th scales coming. I'm surprised I found this batmobile you'd think someone would have bought it. Hopefully I find the chrome engine version too.

LTBasker
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
So what's worse than going to Wal-Mart at 8am and finding a fresh stocking of the cars that are in the Batmobile's assortment but no Batmobiles?

Learning why.

I said to my mom "How early do you have to get here to beat some of these people?" and she told me that a woman she works with is married to a huge (read: hoarder) hotwheel collector in the area. Not only that, but he has a friend at the local wal-mart who does the hotwheels restocking so all the rare/popular stuff doesn't even make it to the pegs. His wife even mentioned how he pushes kids out of the way to get to the Hotwheels. How nice.

So comforting to know that I live in an area with at least one rabid collector.

BountyHunterScum
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
So what's worse than going to Wal-Mart at 8am and finding a fresh stocking of the cars that are in the Batmobile's assortment but no Batmobiles?

Learning why.

I said to my mom "How early do you have to get here to beat some of these people?" and she told me that a woman she works with is married to a huge (read: hoarder) hotwheel collector in the area. Not only that, but he has a friend at the local wal-mart who does the hotwheels restocking so all the rare/popular stuff doesn't even make it to the pegs. His wife even mentioned how he pushes kids out of the way to get to the Hotwheels. How nice.

So comforting to know that I live in an area with at least one rabid collector.

Sounds like a grade A A-hole.

Blue2th
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I have the 1:18 Keaton Batmobile as well plus the Batman Forever/Batman & Robin 1:43rd set the Keaton movie set is at Exoticar on sale. I have the 66 Batmobile too and plan on getting the 1:43rd and 1:18th scales coming. I'm surprised I found this batmobile you'd think someone would have bought it. Hopefully I find the chrome engine version too.
That's 1:64 not 1:43 you mean in the Hot Wheels Batmobile sets right?
I don't think I've seen any HW 1:43 Batmobiles. Though Corgi makes the comic book 1:43, and there is Great American Dreams Batmobile 1:43 (can cost up to $500)
The 1;18 Keaton Batmobile is cool! It's that two car set I'm missing with the armored Batmobile. Though I have the 1:64 single.
Just saw the Hotwheels 1:18 Batman Begins Tumbler in camoflage. Would like to get it, as well as the previous release 1:18 black Tumbler. The Black one is expensive.
Also just saw the Hotwheels 1:64 two car set with both the camoflage and black Tumblers. Will definitely get that as it's cheap enough.

BountyHunterScum
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM
That's 1:64 not 1:43 you mean in the Hot Wheels Batmobile sets right?
I don't think I've seen any HW 1:43 Batmobiles. Though Corgi makes the comic book 1:43, and there is Great American Dreams Batmobile 1:43 (can cost up to $500)
The 1;18 Keaton Batmobile is cool! It's that two car set I'm missing with the armored Batmobile. Though I have the 1:64 single.
Just saw the Hotwheels 1:18 Batman Begins Tumbler in camoflage. Would like to get it, as well as the previous release 1:18 black Tumbler. The Black one is expensive.
Also just saw the Hotwheels 1:64 two car set with both the camoflage and black Tumblers. Will definitely get that as it's cheap enough.

The set with armored is approximately 1:43 scale. More like 1:36 scale actually. the set is 19.99 and yeah the 1:18 black tumbler is a scalpers dream. If I got one I'd want the black one.

JON9000
04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I just found the 1968 Batmobile at Target. That's the first Hot Wheels purchase I have made in over 20 years. They really don't last on the pegs... I and this other dude were scanning the pegs at the same time... I got one, he got the other.

I suggest looking in the top corner by number- the border is yellow and the number if I recall is #13.

Happy hunting

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I just found the 1968 Batmobile at Target. That's the first Hot Wheels purchase I have made in over 20 years.

They sucked me in the same way with the Superman Monster Trucks. While I was at it I went ahead and bought the small scale TMNT truck as well. :)

JON9000
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
They sucked me in the same way with the Superman Monster Trucks. While I was at it I went ahead and bought the small scale TMNT truck as well. :)

Well, the only reason I did this is because the 1968 Batmobile was my favorite car as a kid, and this car is particularly detailed and cool for a Hot Wheels car. That'll be it, unless the General Lee, KITT, or the A-Team's van comes out!

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM
That'll be it, unless the General Lee, KITT, or the A-Team's van comes out!

I would buy all of those two!! KITT especially. :)

BountyHunterScum
04-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Hotwheels does a General Lee like Treasure Hunt charger, it's orange with 01 but the confederate flag is in two straight lines instead of crossed like on the real flag. Hotwheels did a KITT but for Japan only. Even our own toy companies leave us out to dry.

JON9000
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I know Johnny Lightening did a Lotus Esprit from "For Your Eyes Only" a few years back, that was sweet.

BountyHunterScum
04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I know Johnny Lightening did a Lotus Esprit from "For Your Eyes Only" a few years back, that was sweet.

They did all of the Bond cars, from Dr No to Die Another Day. All the Bond movies that had cars. Minus a few movies, Live and Let Die had a police car and boat collision set.

Blue2th
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Got that HW General Lee Treasure Hunt. Found it at Walmart about four months ago. The stocker actually showed it to me.
Recently the Johnny Lightning General Lee White Lightning has exceeded $100 on eBay. I still havent found the recent non-WL regular and dirty versions of it yet. Though I have seen the rest of the JL Dukes of Hazzard cars. Also have all of the Johnny Lightning Bond cars. I still avidly collect Johnny Lightning. Even though they are more expensive than HW, they are highly detailed versions of cars. I am especially fond of the Military ones, and of course the Star Trek ships. Both of which are no longer made by JL.

JediTricks
04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
So, I saw a 4th addition to the new Batmobile debacle, this time it's the new batmobile in another Batman 2pack, this one is a Mr Freeze one (Freeze isn't in the set, it's a hideous green armor Batman I believe, and Freeze is represented by the paint on one of their Tooned ice cream trucks or something like that) and the Batmobile this time around is a matte black paint with green trans parts and matching stripes. I took a couple photos with my cellphone, but they're blurry as hell (not usually my MO actually, but I was having an off day):
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0215ri6.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0216to6.jpg

I also picked up a few HW regulars, the Wastelander (nice, but not impressive), the X-raycers Stockar (a repaint, but again, Glow in the Dark, my guess is this year's X-raycers are all repaints using GITD), and the 2007 All Stars Invader which I had never seen before and really did it for me. The Invader's a missile-firing tank, it was the only new car in '05 not to be released in the First Editions (which explains why I've never seen it before), the missile mechanism works pretty well and isn't too intrusive, but I would have preferred the turret to turn and elevate the gun rather than fire a projectile. I never really liked the Stockar to begin with, and the deco on this '07 version here isn't half as good as on the Nerve Hammer, but it has a lot of GITD love to give so I couldn't say no.

I just found the 1968 Batmobile at Target. That's the first Hot Wheels purchase I have made in over 20 years. They really don't last on the pegs... I and this other dude were scanning the pegs at the same time... I got one, he got the other.

I suggest looking in the top corner by number- the border is yellow and the number if I recall is #13.

Happy huntingFirst off, it's 1966. :p Second, and MUCH more importantly, it's #15, scan the upper-right corners for the yellow-bordered #15 (which is, ironically, NOT how I found mine - I was scanning the corners and then just looked in the middle of the display and there it was right on the front).

Hotwheels did a KITT but for Japan only. Even our own toy companies leave us out to dry.It's about licensing issues, unfortunately it's a real mess at the 1/64th scale (luckily - sorta - in the US Johnny Lightning's parent company RC2 made a fantastic 1/18th version). The Hot Wheels KITT (which is damn nice, I have one I bought for way too much) actually isn't marketed by Mattel, Mattel for some reason cannot sell HW in Japan so they license the brand to Bandai, of all companies (the car is badged copyright 2001 Mattel on the bottom though).

BountyHunterScum
04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
I'll probably pick up that Black with Green Batmobile. The Mystery Batmobile's blue stripes aren't sparkly like the 2 pack version's are. They are a flat medium blue.

plasticfetish
04-20-2007, 12:40 AM
actually isn't marketed by Mattel, Mattel for some reason cannot sell HW in Japan so they license the brand to Bandai, of all companiesI didn't know that, but it's not too hard to believe. Bandai and Mattel have had a relationship since way way back.

-----

So, a friend mailed me a '66 Batmobile today, and it's awesome! Really surprising how hard this one's been to find on the pegs... but at least I can relax a little now. :)

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I'll probably pick up that Black with Green Batmobile.If I may ask, how come? Completism?

The Mystery Batmobile's blue stripes aren't sparkly like the 2 pack version's are. They are a flat medium blue.Huh, that's a weird one. I like the sparkly version, so I'm not hurting for the Mystery version.

I didn't know that, but it's not too hard to believe. Bandai and Mattel have had a relationship since way way back.I remember when I first spotted the HW Back to the Future Delorean and KITT at Frank & Sons, I saw that HW logo and was blown away, then I noticed the not-english part that was bigger, then I noticed the red Bandai logo in the lower right and really felt confused - I still paid $10 each. :p

Glad to hear you got the '66 Batmobile PF!

BountyHunterScum
04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah completism. I'm a completist in the sense that I'll probably get ever version of a certain car or character or ship I like if possible. In some cases like die cast models it's not always possible to get every color or version. Some of the models I collect are pretty expensive.

BountyHunterScum
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I found a few more 66 Batmobiles. I'll hold off until I find a smooth grilled version now.

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah completism. I'm a completist in the sense that I'll probably get ever version of a certain car or character or ship I like if possible. In some cases like die cast models it's not always possible to get every color or version. Some of the models I collect are pretty expensive.Ah, ok. That'd drive me crazy, Star Wars completism was hard enough (I quit completism in '02) but Hot Wheels variations are often in such higher numbers. Well, good luck to ya.

I found a few more 66 Batmobiles. I'll hold off until I find a smooth grilled version now.There really is a smooth grille variation on that thing? I thought all the ebayers were just blowing smoke on that "honeycomb variant" crap.

BountyHunterScum
04-22-2007, 07:44 PM
The mesh grill is not a variant it's the standard version. Here is a picture of the smooth grill. You have it correctly though they are blowing smoke and in my vernacular shovelling a little bullsh-t while they're at it too. There is also a third variation that is a wheel thing, the thirs version has the five holed speed racer like wheels, I might have saved that picture too earlier today. I don't know why they call it honeycomb since it doesn't look like honeycomb at all, unless there is a fourth version I haven't seen. Most of those variant claims on auction fail to prove any legitimacy(ie: pictures). The Mystery Batmobile also has a variation, the engine module protruding is chrome on the variation instead of Black on the standard version. You can kindof see the chrome engine module in this image although I will be on the lookout for a closeup image of this variation.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/5-holeTVbatmobileCU.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/4963_1.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/batmobilesmoothgrill.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/BMWM3E92/226134505.jpg

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, that's crazy! When I was seeing all those "honeycomb variants" on ebay, there was never that smooth-grille one. My guess is, especially since you're saying it came first, that they created a die that didn't fill that part in - either the detailing was too shallow, or it just wasn't there at all , and later they changed the grill.

It looks a little like honeycomb, it makes more sense than "mesh" grille I think. I definitely prefer it with the grille too.

That wheel variant, is that a true variant or just someone mixed up the wheels at the factory on a couple line cars? I definitely prefer the classic 5-spokes on the car I have to that racing wheel.

On that modern Batmobile, is it a "missing paint" thing or absolutely a different part?

BountyHunterScum
04-23-2007, 09:08 AM
It's probbly some dumbass variant, toy companies get off on making our lives a little harder. The smooth grill thing is probably an homage to the real 66 Batmobile because it didn't have a grill just those openings and the headlight recesses. For all I know the mesh grill may be some first run thing. Time will tell.

JediTricks
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
The smooth grill thing is probably an homage to the real 66 Batmobile because it didn't have a grill just those openings and the headlight recesses.On the contrary, it absolutely did:
http://www.1966batmobile.com/sayinghi.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/batmobilefrontles.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/front6.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/girloncar.jpg

And you can tell those are authentic era shots because it doesn't have all those stupid red logos later Barris slapped on the car. More shots: http://www.1966batmobile.com/front.htm

BountyHunterScum
04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
On the contrary, it absolutely did:
http://www.1966batmobile.com/sayinghi.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/batmobilefrontles.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/front6.jpg
http://www.1966batmobile.com/girloncar.jpg

And you can tell those are authentic era shots because it doesn't have all those stupid red logos later Barris slapped on the car. More shots: http://www.1966batmobile.com/front.htm

Interesting, I've never seen photos that were that clear showing a grill before. Interesting.

JediTricks
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, the Batmobile has some beautiful subtleties in its design, Barris (before he went and ruined it with all the kitschy junk in the '90s) had some clever work in there, the conversion from his concept Futura to Batmobile really is amazing.

BountyHunterScum
04-25-2007, 04:29 PM
His original Batmobile which he still owns is worth $2,000,000+

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I wonder how they can gauge the value of it, since he's not selling it.

BountyHunterScum
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Who knows. It might be speculation. Damnit that Dukes of Hazzard Blue 68 Mustang is going for way too much on ebay. I've got the plain black General Lee thanks to a friend but he didn't charge me a fortune like most would.

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Rats, I was hoping someone actually appraised the Batmobile and insured it for $2mil as a piece of art or something a little wacky like that. If you find out, LMK please.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 01:01 AM
I spotted a new paintjob yesterday at Target and bought it, '08 Camaro in black with dark gray grille, very attractive, way better than the previous orange, almost as nice as the silver.

Also spotted another '66 Batmobile just sitting at the front of the pegs, I bought it and gave it to my mom who's a childhood fan of the old tv show.

BountyHunterScum
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I spotted a new paintjob yesterday at Target and bought it, '08 Camaro in black with dark gray grille, very attractive, way better than the previous orange, almost as nice as the silver.

Also spotted another '66 Batmobile just sitting at the front of the pegs, I bought it and gave it to my mom who's a childhood fan of the old tv show.

You're in LA yall get everything first because the Long Beach/Los Angeles port is out there. I'm gonna get the black Camaro Concept when I see it. I know Hasbro is probably going to F up with my Alternator order this year too.

Blue2th
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey guys, speaking of Hot Wheels Batmobiles...wish I was going to Comic-Con this year http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=627

Somehow I have to get one of the 1/64 ones.

BountyHunterScum
07-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey guys, speaking of Hot Wheels Batmobiles...wish I was going to Comic-Con this year http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=627

Somehow I have to get one of the 1/64 ones.

Don't remind me on that sh-* sandwich. Yet another kick in the b***s for collectors. HWC will get the 1:64 but forget about the 1:18 fuzzy version unless you have $300 and can go to San Diego.

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Ok, what the f'ing hell is that about? $20 1:64th with wheels it should have had all along?!? And the first 1:18th is limited to 525 pieces and $300... and it's FLOCKED?!? Who the hell wants a fuzzy batmobile, and why charge $300 for it? Man, everything Mattel does seems to be designed to make us hate them even more.

Blue2th
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Flocked? Who the flock wants one of those? Well maybe that's good in that Mattel will release a 1:18 version in regular paint, I hope.
Still want one of those 1:64 Batmobiles though, as I have every one so far in that scale.
My RLC membership expired long ago. Anything good would sell out in minutes, just like Exclusive Sideshow items.
I just don't see what the fuss is all about for little cars that don't even look real (I still collect Johnny Lightning for that reason) With the exception of the 100% Adult series like the Batmobile and very few other HW, they can have em.

BountyHunterScum
07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Ok, what the f'ing hell is that about? $20 1:64th with wheels it should have had all along?!? And the first 1:18th is limited to 525 pieces and $300... and it's FLOCKED?!? Who the hell wants a fuzzy batmobile, and why charge $300 for it? Man, everything Mattel does seems to be designed to make us hate them even more.

Alot of companies are greedy pricks and are obviously itching to go bankrupt/out of business. Yet more signs of civilization's decline.

BountyHunterScum
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Matchbox Audi R8 is out it better get it's arse here to VA mega fast.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I just realized I've now seen all of the Hot Wheels '07 First Editions, and it's been a really bad year for HW collecting, very little in the way of cool new designs.

I saw an '08 All Stars at WM on Monday, that was a surprise. Then I just looked up some '08 FEs (now called "New Models" I guess) and I've seen them too I realize, the Shelby, the Tractor, the Ratbomb, and Spector 2. Not the most auspicious start for next year.

BountyHunterScum
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I just realized I've now seen all of the Hot Wheels '07 First Editions, and it's been a really bad year for HW collecting, very little in the way of cool new designs.

I saw an '08 All Stars at WM on Monday, that was a surprise. Then I just looked up some '08 FEs (now called "New Models" I guess) and I've seen them too I realize, the Shelby, the Tractor, the Ratbomb, and Spector 2. Not the most auspicious start for next year.

Some of the 07 HW's were cool but yes most were garbage. Ultra Rage is an Audi R8 knockoff but a good one.

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it's a nifty car, I saw it on pegs and snapped it up. It's very plasticky though, would have been better DC.