PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Durge

tgr3328
05-04-2004, 11:32 AM
This is not very timely, since the figure has been out a while, but I have never seen it at retail. I have read some very favorable reviews on this figure, so I was very eager to find it. I just just got him on an online auction and at a great price too.

This figure is great! It has more articulation than the basic figure, great accessories, and he can hold all his weapons. This is everything a deluxe figure should be. I was getting really annoyed with the deluxe figures. Most had less articulation than the their basic counterpart and came with a cheesy action feature. Deluxe Durge is a refreshing change of pace!

This figure should be the standard for all deluxe figures.

jedimarvin
05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree completely. I recently picked up Deluxe Durge and Clone Trooper, The CT annoyed me with that stupid arm joint and the fact that his bike can't sit up straight.

Durge on the other hand was awesome. His bike looks great and he looks great on his bike. My only complaint: He's just as good a sthe single carded Durge, so they could have used that spot for an armor Ovi-Wan or winter Padme instead! :ermm:

IMFETTUP
05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I've seen Durge showing up at my local Toys-R-Us. He didn't seem to appear in great quantities when he was initially released. I bet you'll start seeing these at K-B toys real soon, and at great prices. Personally, I passed on this figure. With so much new stuff coming out, I've had to be selective with my purchases. Not only that, my wife has been on me ever since I snuck that exclusive X-wing with red leader in the house. Oh well...

tgr3328
05-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Are the figures starting to hit the stores again? I noticed at TRU that some of the pegs were labeled "Star Wars Three-Packs $7.90", but they were empty. Are they shipping the army builders again? That would be great. I have never seen the CT or Jedi three-packs in the stores.

They had the dwarf spider droid and deluxe CT also for $7.90. I got the CT since that is the only on I ever saw at retail, but passed on the spider--It looked lame!

IMFETTUP
05-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Yup TGR. My TRU has had two consecutive trucks with the green trooper three packs. I had never seen these before. Keep your eyes open at your K-B, assuming you have one in your area. I could always pick one up for you if I see it again and ship it to you at cost. Let me know.

tgr3328
05-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I'm interested. There is a KB and TRU nearby. They have been a wasteland for quite a while, but I we get down that way often, so I will be sure and look out for new stuff.

JediTricks
05-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Dlx Durge is a great set, I chose him for best Dlx for last year after giving him a very favorable review. This is one of the few figures I'd buy another of, not because I want an army of 'em or to have one carded, but just in case mine ever breaks.

BTW, I think Asajj Ventress is another great figure, kinda strange since I really don't like the CW line at all.

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Not only that, my wife has been on me ever since I snuck that exclusive X-wing with red leader in the house. Oh well...

Didnt do to good of a job of sneaking it in then eh? :beard:

King Returned
05-31-2004, 10:09 AM
I saw these a few weeks back, but didn't get him. I hope to see it again and I will def get him.