PDA

View Full Version : GG Busts Ups???

Turbowars
05-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Whats the deal with these busts ups? I was going to pass on all of them until I saw Zuckuss today. They seem to be kind of cool, but can't see getting into another line, or is it a series Steve?

So where are these going to be sold? Retail, I don't think so. On-line, most likely the only place other than E-bay.

Is the detail that much better than Hasbro?

Why not just sculpt the whole figure? Well I guess they wouldn't be called Bust Ups then.

I don't know about these. They are packed like Kubricks and you never know which one you get until you open them which is total BS.

Now GG has a set for the SDCC and I can see it now, they will sell out before opening day, or they will be stolen like the Oscars a few years back.

God I hate GG

Reefer Shark
05-05-2004, 09:17 PM
They look cool.... but they're a bit too small for busts IMO. They remind me of those Japanese gumball machine busts I see in the anime stores.

I would amost consider getting into them if it weren't for the "Kubrick mystery box" thing. That really sucks... And usually in these kinda lines, there will be impossible-to-find chase variants and such.

I swear... variants and chase figures are really starting to get to me.........

If I can somehow get a set of bounty hunters & Vader for a reasonable price, I'll probably do it. But I'll pass on the rest. :zzz:

Jayspawn
05-06-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm probably gonna pass on all of them. The Vader looks cool (because he usually does) maybe I'll find a way to get him -but I dont like the idea of the bust-ups. Maybe I'll get the Bounty Hunters.

evenflow
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I am not a fan of busts. Just not my thing, but they do look good.

RooJay
05-11-2004, 01:46 AM
I can't wait for these to hit. I think they're a great idea, and I hope the line is as successful as I'm betting they'll be and that it continues for a good long while! :D