PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the OTC Collection

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Click the beard. They are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

:beard: (http://www.leestoyreview.com/news-detail.asp?ID=1034)

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Very cool!! I can't wait to see better pics!

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I wish they made the figures bigger and sabers smaller.

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 06:21 PM
They look great!!!

Does anyone have or know where I can find a complete list of planned OTC figures detailing which ones are new sculpts and which are re-packs? Also if they're re-packs where they appeared first? :)

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 06:37 PM
They look great!!!

Does anyone have or know where I can find a complete list of planned OTC figures detailing which ones are new sculpts and which are re-packs? Also if they're re-packs where they appeared first? :)EE has a pretty good list on their pre-order waves.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2004, 06:42 PM
They look great!!!

Does anyone have or know where I can find a complete list of planned OTC figures detailing which ones are new sculpts and which are re-packs? Also if they're re-packs where they appeared first? :)
Right here!
#1 Luke Skywalker (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#2 Yoda (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#3 Spirit Obi-Wan (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#4 R2-D2 (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#5 Luke Skywalker (A New Hope) (2001 POTJ X-wing Pilot)
#6 Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi) (2004 Saga)
#7 Han Solo (A New Hope) (1999 POTF2, 2003 and 2004 Saga HOF)
#8 Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back) (2001 POTJ now with bowcaster)
#9 Princess Leia (A New Hope) (1998 POTF2 and 2003 and 2004 Saga HOF)
#10 Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi) (2003 Saga - Throne Room Duel)
#11 Scout Trooper (Return of the Jedi) (2001 POTJ)
#12 R2-D2 (A New Hope) (2004 Saga HOF)
#13 C-3P0 (A New Hope) (1998 MMC and 2004 Saga HOF)
#14 Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi) (2003 Saga)
#15 Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope) (2000 POTJ)
#16 Stormtrooper (A New Hope) (2000 POTF2 and 2004 Saga HOF)
#17 Wicket (Return of the Jedi) (1998 POTF2, sans Logray)
#18 Princess Leia (The Empire Strikes Back) (New - Bespin Gown)
#19 Cloud Car Pilot (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#20 Lobot (The Empire Strikes Back) (New)
#21 Tie Fighter Pilot (A New Hope) (2004 Saga)

Planned, but not numbered yet:
Imperial Scan Crew Member (1998 Falcon carry case)
Greedo (not final)
Bespin Luke (not final)
General Veers (new)
Hoth Darth Vader (new)
Gamorrean Guard (new)
Bib Fortuna (new)
Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner (not final)
Lando Calrissian (Jabba's Sail Barge) (2004 Saga)
2004 Saga Endor wave

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Reefer Shark
05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Man, they look freakin fantastic! I may end up getting the whole collection, and keep 'em all MOC.

Turambar
05-06-2004, 07:35 PM
[QUOTEPlanned, but not numbered yet:
Imperial Scan Crew Member (1998 Falcon carry case)
Greedo (not final)
Bespin Luke (not final)
General Veers (new)
Hoth Darth Vader (new)
Gamorrean Guard (new)
Bib Fortuna (new)
Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner (not final)
Lando Calrissian (Jabba's Sail Barge) (2004 Saga)
2004 Saga Endor wave[/QUOTE]

Alright! New Gam Guard, new Veers! Surely that scanning crew member is not going to be the same piece of junk from the carrying case.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes he is Turambar. They held a poll of certain figures to be released carded(or re-carded) It was Motti, Han Stormtrooper(from the trash sets), R2 w/holo Leia, Scanning crew guy, Ree Yees, and someone else.

Veers, Gam Guard, Bib, and Vader havent been confirmed as of yet, just rumored by GH's Swami, along with the rest of that list, (sans Greedo and Luke Bespin)

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Alright! New Gam Guard, new Veers! Surely that scanning crew member is not going to be the same piece of junk from the carrying case.

All three of these figures are in need of a re-sculpt. I know a lot of people love the Gamorrean Guard but I've always felt he could've been better. It would really be a shame if Hasbro didn't at least give us a new Veers, Bib, and Scanning Crew Memeber.

Silent Chazz
05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
One thing scares me.

I know its a small pic but from what I could see, I could NOT see the backpack, extra head, and extra Arms with the Dagobah Luke. I HOPE that u dont HAVE to buy two variations to get both sets of heads/arms for Luke.

jjreason
05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
There are a few we need. The POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer body would be fine for a new scanning crew trooper, just make him in tan or beige and detail him differently, add a new head and voila. I have mixed emotions about them carding the POTF2 fella - I need one for my collection, but he's not a great figure (and certainly doesn't fit in with the new figures).

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 08:17 PM
One thing scares me.

I know its a small pic but from what I could see, I could NOT see the backpack, extra head, and extra Arms with the Dagobah Luke. I HOPE that u dont HAVE to buy two variations to get both sets of heads/arms for Luke.

To answer your question Chazz............

The Luke is great, too. He's packaged doing a handstand in the blister, and the head sculpt is much better than the photo Hasbro printed (there's even a smudge of dirt on his cheek). I didn't see the alternate arms and head though, because they're packaged underneath the blister and hidden by cardboard.

Silent Chazz
05-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Ahh ok. I musta missed that post. Thanks!

Darth Mina
05-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Wow they do look great it makes me happy that i preordered all ot those cases last month :D

Turbowars
05-06-2004, 09:45 PM
I know what you mean Mina, but EE has been slow lately and I have found everything at retail and canceled the last 3-4 orders. I look at EE as a insurance. It is much easier driving to their shop one time and not spending $$$ on gas on many trips to the local Target and leaving empty handed 90% of the time.

Darth Mina
05-06-2004, 09:58 PM
I know what you mean Mina, but EE has been slow lately and I have found everything at retail and canceled the last 3-4 orders. I look at EE as a insurance. It is much easier driving to their shop one time and not spending $$$ on gas on many trips to the local Target and leaving empty handed 90% of the time.
well with my crazy schedule it's better for me to wait and pick up whenever they get them instead of wasting gas and time. I can be very patient and wait if i'm sure i'm getting what i want :D

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 10:05 PM
I preordered the first case of them, so I dont need to godriving anywhere since they willship it tome.

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Vader seems to have an old school style saber that slides out of his hand. Thats pretty sweet.

Hellboy
05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
KH- Isn't this just the TRD Vader packaged w/ helmet "on" and saber "in hand" as opposed to the helmet and saber being packed in the blister like the Saga version?

Darth Mina
05-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Well that's what I heard it was just a repack

Kidhuman
05-07-2004, 07:25 AM
KH- Isn't this just the TRD Vader packaged w/ helmet "on" and saber "in hand" as opposed to the helmet and saber being packed in the blister like the Saga version?

I thought so too, but to me the picture shows he seems to have the old saber style, unless they put it behind is hand.

Reefer Shark
05-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Here's a pic showing the new Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, and Lobot (from EE). This is the first I've seen them, so forgive me if they've already been posted here.

http://fp.entertainmentearth.com/AUTOIMAGES/HS84715Llg.jpg

Kidhuman
05-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Leia looks kind of funky. CCP and Lobot rock.

Hellboy
05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah these do look sweet. I love the removable helmet the CC Pilot has. Way to go Hasbro. :)

bigbarada
05-09-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm really glad that Hasbro is rescultping Bib Fortuna and the Gamorrean Guard since their POTF2 versions were actually worse than their vintage versions.

I was mentioning something in another thread about Hasbro's boneheaded plays and sticking that worthless hunk of junk (POTF2 Scanning Crew Trooper) in the upcoming OTC waves would be a huge mistake, IMO. I'm sure that anyone who voted for him in the Fan Choice poll assumed Hasbro would resculpt him anew if he won. That figure will stick out like a sore thumb on the shelves next to the likes of Dagobah Luke and the TIE Pilot. Add to that the fact that he will have the "Fan Choice" sticker on the bubble and people will be convinced that Star Wars fans have officially lost their minds!

Overall, though, I am really happy with this packaging design. Plus, Hasbro finally going back and resculpting figures like Bib and the Gam Guard will make it easier than ever to just pretend the POTF2 days never happened. :cool:

Turbowars
05-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm really glad that Hasbro is rescupting the Gamorrean Guard since their POTF2 versions were actually worse than their vintage versions.

You have to be joking. The Vintage Gam doesn't even come close to being better that the POTF2 version. The Vintage one looks like a troll while the later looks like the real thing. I know we both have our opinions, so it all good.

bigbarada
05-09-2004, 03:44 PM
You have to be joking. The Vintage Gam doesn't even come close to being better that the POTF2 version. The Vintage one looks like a troll while the later looks like the real thing. I know we both have our opinions, so it all good.

Actually, I wasn't joking at all. The only thing the POTF2 version had going for it was extra-articulation and a more detailed paint job; but that was all worthless since the sculpt of the figure made him look like a poorly drawn comic book hero. I prefer my Gamorrean Guards looking like the filthy, slobbering pig-men that they really are. :D

(The preceding is the express, personal opinion of bigbarada, individual opinions may vary. :p )

Kidhuman
05-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Actually BigB, it wasnt a fans choice poll., so it wont have the sticker/label/ on it. It was just a poll to see which figure we wanted carded/recarded.