PDA

View Full Version : Wizard World Philly '04

dr_evazan22
05-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Hey all! Any other SSG'ers planning on attending WWPhilly this year? If so, what day? I'm planning on going Fri.

elvandrik
05-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Hey,

I will be there on the 21st right after lunch. I'll be looking for some good deals on figs!!!

dr_evazan22
05-07-2004, 08:57 PM
I'll probably get there around noon myself. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Oh yeah, Welcome to SSG! Always nice to have another member, and your the closest to where I am. To keep track of what's being found in stores you may want to check out the Just Found forum- I have Newark/Wilmington all to myself, and there's a PA thread as well. I sometimes post info about the TRU's in Media and Springfield, as well as the KB's and targets in those area's. I'm from Upper Darby / Lansdowne.

Are you looking for fig's from POTJ and earlier? I've started clearing out my doubles (I used to buy 2 of each, and was a completist). Anyway, LMK if I can help with any figs, and I'll talk to you closer to the 21st.

2-1B
05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
I would be ALL OVER that Eliza Dusku appearance, that's for sure ! I wish I could go. :bored:

dr_evazan22
05-27-2004, 01:28 AM
I went to the con last Fri, got there around 11:30a. Place was already busy. We did a quick walk thru the floor to get a general idea of who/what was there.

I can't believe how much SW merchandise was on sale there. A lot more then last year. There was TONS of Unleashed, the Luke and Sidious wave. I got the impression that the vendors were hoping to get a bunch of Slave Leia's to rip everyone off with, but I didn't see one of those. Only saw one Padme.

One vendor had a bunch of busts, and I think he had a green Clone there for $1700! Yeah! $1700!

Saw the Chewi statue from GG. It really looks good. There is a pic in a different thread.

I ended up getting the Original Trilogy on DVD, as well as the CW. There were a couple Philly cops walking around, and I was a little surprised that they didn't do anything about all the bootleg videos being sold there. The guy I got my DVD's from had Van Helsing on DVD.

I saw a guy with a stack of Ammo Wagon with Falumaset's from Europe for $10. Alnog with some other E1 stuff.

My buddy got Boomer from Battlestar Galactica's autograph. The girl that played ... Right now I forget the character and actor's names. But she was hot.

That's all for now. Will post more as it comes back to me.