PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Even Know What To Say About This One...

Lman316
05-07-2004, 12:12 PM
I bought a case of figures that included Dengar, Admiral Ozzel and Bossk (along with other new figures).

That package just arrived not a half hour ago, and I opened the case and checked all the figures. What I found in one of the Ozzels is/was a little weird: on the blaster, right underneath the tape, is a piece of human skin. :eek: It's tiny, but you can tell it's skin.

I know it's probably not that big of a deal to some, but I'm sort of at a loss for words. I never suspected that I'd ever find body parts packed with my figures. Is this some kind of new variation? :p

End...

Old Fossil
05-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Better be careful. That thing's from Hong Kong. :dead:

bandon_29
05-07-2004, 09:14 PM
it like mushu it come from china and it have big dumpah. i bust cap in a**

Kidhuman
05-07-2004, 09:35 PM
I only thought they used real hair and fur, now skin too? Pretty soon they willstart cloning the actors and put them in the blister.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-08-2004, 12:34 AM
send it in for DNA typing, then you can return the skin to its owner.

lol lol lol lol

:Ogre:

Bosskman
05-08-2004, 07:56 PM
sick (I was only gonna write "sick" but it won't let me type under 10 characters)

Darth Mina
05-08-2004, 08:59 PM
I just hope you did not get charge extra for the figure showing some skin :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

JediTricks
05-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Let's curtail the inappropriate comments please. There's enough gross in this thread without "going there".

---

Just out of curiousity, how can you tell it's human skin? How thick is it, is it an 1/8th-inch bloody chunk, or just a few nanometers-thick layer of translucent shedding?

I've gotten figures with hairs in the bubbles before, but this is by far more unpleasant.

bigbarada
05-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Maybe you should call Hasbro and express your outrage (if you don't have any outrage, then try disgust), they will probably be so worried about getting sued that they will send you another case for free.

The only way to find out if it is truly human skin is to have it DNA tested I would guess. But then you would have to open up the packaging and actually risk touching it. Maybe the Dept. of Homeland Security would be interested in checking it out for you. :confused:

I could just see the little Fox News ticker tape now: "New Terror Threat: Biologically Contaminated Star Wars Figures Force President Bush to Elevate Threat Level to Red!" :crazed:

Lman316
05-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Just out of curiousity, how can you tell it's human skin? How thick is it, is it an 1/8th-inch bloody chunk, or just a few nanometers-thick layer of translucent shedding?

It's more the latter, really. I don't want people thinking I have a tip of a thumb hanging in the blister, or anything. It's tiny. But you can see the ridges in it, and the edge of one side is "tattered," like it was ripped from someplace. The best I can describe it is like dried skin around the edge of a fingernail or something. I'm only figuring that it's human. But regardless of where it came from, there's no mistaking that for skin.

And the thing is, if this had been anywhere else in the package, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But because it was right on top of a black accessory, it just stood out.

Maybe you should call Hasbro and express your outrage (if you don't have any outrage, then try disgust).

I did email right after I found it. I probably won't hear from them until Monday, though, because I sent it late on Friday. I'm very interested in hearing what they have to say.

End...

Lman316
05-10-2004, 12:10 PM
I heard from them this morning... they're going to send me a pre-paid postage label and I'm to send them the Ozzel figure. Oh, but they'll send me another figure in return. It just probably won't be an Admiral Ozzel. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why I have to give up a hard to find figure because of something that's their fault. If they want this unsanitary thing, then they should find me another Ozzel.

I'm sure this is a rare occurrence, but you should probably start checking your figures. Better hope that a store has two if you come across a body part. Otherwise you'll have to deal with that one or go simply go without...

End...

Kidhuman
05-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I would email them back and say, send me an Ozzel with the pre-paid shipping envelope and I will mail him back. Or else keep it and sue them for something.

JediTricks
05-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I didn't mean to suggest it might have been another species' skin, I just meant "how could you tell it was skin". If you're sure it's skin, it's almost got to be human skin, probably from a factory worker who had a loose piece of skin stick to the tape (I've had ultrathin layers of skin come off my fingertips while working with Krazy Glue).

Sucks about Hasbro's return policy on this, since it's SW you probably won't get the same figure back because they're so flaky about distribution. I had a much easier time with a recent Transformers return, it was an item they have been distributing for 7 months and are still, so it only took a couple weeks for them to get the broken figure and get the return into my hands (it probably helped that the Hasbro replacement mailing center is here in LA county).

evenflow
05-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Thats kind of disgusting, I wouldn't open that one.

Hellboy
05-12-2004, 06:49 PM
You know you could keep just the figure and toss the blister away with the gun still in it since its taped down away from the figure. Thats assuming that you don't mind giving up the imperial blaster. I think I have more extras of that blaster than any other accessory so if it were me and I needed the figure thats probably what I'd do.