PDA

View Full Version : Episode III wish lists - SPOILERS

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Now that we have an Episode III figure section, and the figures will probably be here in under a year, which ones would you like to see? What features? What cards?

I hope they don't bring back action features, although I am afraid they might for "more playability." The quality better not go down again like at the start of the AOTC Saga line. This year, Hasbro's shown us what they are capable of, and that's quite a lot. There probably won't be as much articulation as the VOTC figures, but more than usual would be nice. For the cards, I really like the OTC package, so maybe they can have their own style for a while (purple?) and then revert to the OTC style after a few months. I still want a big bubble for larger accessories and figures (not a new scale - I mean Ephant Mon etc.).

Even though not much about the movie has been told, here's a list of what I want to see figure-wise. There are spoilers, so look out.

*Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Knight) with cloak and lightsaber
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Uttapu) with cloak and lightsaber
*Padmé Amidala (Senator)
*General Grievous with lightsabers and blasters
*Yoda with lightsaber and force powers
*Mace Windu with lightsaber
*Darth Sidious with lightsaber and force powers
*Chewbacca (Kashyyyk Battle) with bowcaster
*Clone Trooper (Kashyyyk Battle) with blaster and binoculars
*Battle Droid with blaster
*R2-D2
*C-3PO
*Obi-Wan Kenobi with beast (beast pack)
*Darth Vader with removable armor (late release)

sith_killer_99
05-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Char-Broiled Anakin!

All others will pale in comparison!

All variations of Clone Troopers
Dead Clones
Dead Jedi
Dead Dooku
Dead Padme'
Dead Wookie Warrior
Durge
Asajj Ventress
General Grieviousness with 100 lightsabers :rolleyes:
Supreme Overlord Dark Jar-Jar
Passion Embrace Obi-Wan/Padme' 2 pack
Yoda with disapproving scowel
Spirit of Qui-Gon

Battle Droid
05-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Figures:

General Grievous (super articulated, with removable mask)
General Grievous' Henchman / Body Guard
Rune Haako : Mustafar Massacer
Nute Gunray : Mustafar Massacer
Denaria Kee : Mustafar Massacer
San Hill : Mustafar Massacer
Wat Tambor : Mustafar Massacer (with exploding action, if he explodes that is.)
Poggle the Lesser : Mustafar Massacer
Po Nudo : Mustafar Massacer
Shu Mai : Mustafar Massacer
Passel Argente : Mustafar Massacer
Neimoidian Aide : Mustafar Massacer
Neimoidian Guard / Gunner
Battle Droid (super articulated)
Super Battle Droid (super articulated)
Destroyer Droid (super articulated / transformable.)
Neimoidian Pilot
Battle Droid : Pilot
Helpful Alien
Obi-Wan Kenobi : Mustafar Duel
Anakin Skywalker : Mustafar Duel
Darth Vader (with removable body parts and armor.)
Commander Cody
Clonetrooper
Padme Amidala / Skywalker (with baby Luke & Leia figures.)
Yoda
Darth Sidious
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader's Birth Medicial Droids (both versions)
Count Dooku : Trade Federation Crusier Duel
Senator Fang Zar
Chewbacca
Wookie Warrior
Senator Bail Organa
Senator Mon Mothma
Fireship Fireman

Vehicles / Ships / Beasts :

General Grievous' Wheel of Death
Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
Clone Fighter
General Grievous' Ship
Obi-Wan's Lizard
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Bail Organa's Red Speeder
Coruscant Fire Department Fireship

More to come...

evenflow
05-08-2004, 06:10 PM
I just to say that I did not look at anyone's lists, I am staying away from spoilers, but NO ACTION FEATURES! That is all.

bandon_29
05-08-2004, 06:10 PM
you keep sauying massacre massacre you sound like bevis and butt-head.very kewl i like it duder these lists are great !!!!!:o :D ;) :rolleyes: lol :sur: :stupid: :greedy: :classic: :nerv: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

-Durge-
05-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Grevious X10
Anakin Obiwan
Hunch men
Helpful Alien
Uttapians
Mustafarians
Wookie Warrior
Chewie
12"Grevious
Unleashed Grevious....more to come.

2-1B
05-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Captain Typho: Coruscant Security
Jar Jar Binks: Coruscant Representative (with vibro blade)
Jar Jar Binks: Royal Funeral (with quick draw firing action)
Bail Organa: Clandestine Separatist

Tom Araya
05-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Incurable Rash

Wookie Senator: Council Restoom (with rainbow mohawk and removable underpants [wooooooooo!])

R2-D2: Is That A Third Leg Or Are You Happy To See Me? (with nauseating odor feature)

General Greivous: Catholic Confessional (with inappropriate pictures of George Lucas)

Pink Stormtrooper: Coruscant Ya-Ya Cat Club (with vibro-staff)

more to come........

:beard:

-Durge-
05-10-2004, 08:12 AM
When do you think we will see our first Ep3 figures?

Jay86
05-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I'd say prolly sometime around next April, much like the situation was when the Episode 1 figures were released before the film. Then again, and knowing Hasbro, they could very easily release some figures in the "Sneak Preview" form a few 2 or so months ahead of the flim (possibly sooner). Most likely they'd release a Greivous figure since we've seen him in the Clone Wars cartoon and in the Insider magazine (among other forms of SW news), and most fans now already have a good idea of what he looks like. My best guess though, judging from past experience, would be that the Episode 3 figures will most likely start hitting shelves (assuming Hasbro amps up their distribution) a few weeks before the film is released or roughly the same week as the film is released.

-Durge-
05-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok thats for that. I just heard somewhere we might be getting sneak preview this year. We will see...

2-1B
05-11-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm really hoping to get a Geonosian Orray with Picador in this list. :)

-Durge-
05-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Hahaha..funny you say that because I have wanted that before Episode II came out..:D :rolleyes: :crazed:

2-1B
05-12-2004, 01:48 AM
So have I - it's a great potential beast pack. I don't know why Hasbro won't make it.

-Durge-
05-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Hopefully Hasbro will get their finger out of their arse and make the Picador with Orray. I think it will be very popular.

jedi master sal
05-12-2004, 01:49 PM
I want any type of army builder there is in the film. Definitely the Neimoidian Troopers, Mustafarians (That's Passel Argente's race right? or is that Shu Mai's) In any event army builders!

Of course all of the main characters with the obligatory differently dressed Padme's.

Lots of different races of Jedi!

Most of all though, I just want great articulation/sculpts/paint app for whatever figs Hasbro decides to make. Forget the hokey gimmicks and either give us a standard pose fig or one with alot of articulation that allows us to put them in the poses WE want to.

-Sal

DarthQuack
05-14-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm just looking forward to the new figures when they come out, and interested to see what the card's will look like.

Matt

vadersvette
05-16-2004, 03:10 PM
What I really want, like everyone else, is an Anakin/Vader figure (maybe an ultra figure with the chamber) with a 2 piece helmet. Also I'm looking forward to the new Clone/Stormtroopers. :D

Bacta Beast
05-16-2004, 05:13 PM
All I ask is; No action features! Super Articulation! Accuracy! No more "mini-statues"! Even distribution! No short packing! Figures that fit in vehicles! ...
Am I forgetting anything? Hmm... I guess that covers it. By the way, I've checked out a few spoilers here and there, but some of you guys are talking 'bout stuff I haven't heard of yet! Where are you finding this out?

jedi master sal
05-17-2004, 07:45 AM
starwars.com (hyperspace) puts out alot of this info.

Also check out Star Wars Insider. There's an illustration in the latest one that shows three races of soldiers from the Confederacy (the ones I mentioned above)

Here's another note to check out...Check out the illustration in this link. It has Grevious in it but the more telling tale is the flags in the background.

http://www.joecorroney.com/cgi-local/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art&image=75GeneralGrievousFinal.jpg&img=36&tt=img

You can clearly see a Republic flag in tatters and the other one is the Confederacy flag. If you merge these two flags together you get the Imperial symbol.

At a recent convention here in Pittsburgh, I met with the artist (Joe Corroney) who rendered the illustration and commented on this. He was surprised because it seems not too many people picked up on that (I'm surprised to. For me it was a no-brainer). Anyway, he mentioned that we will see this in EPIII. (The flags that is) It is one of those little nuggets that Lucasfilm subtly allowed out.

So now you also know the history of the Imperial symbol, where it came from and why.

So you know, Joe is the guy who illustrates the Republic Holonet News and CIS Shadowfeed in the Insider. And has done some work for the net as well. He's a great artist IMO and has a good style for SW.

Unfortunately those two articles mentioned may not be coming back. We just got word that thy will nto be in the next issue and it's unclear if they are coming back after that.

Here's the recent poll from sw.com about this being on the net:

http://www.starwars.com/community/poll/OriginalPollResults.html

Would you be interested in the return of HoloNet News online?
Poll Dates: 5/4/04 - 5/11/04
Yes! Most definitely! 56%
Not particularly. 9%
I have never heard of it. 35%

Here's a link to the site, though now it's in limbo so there won't be any new updates until the okay comes down from Lucasfilm.

http://www.holonetnews.com/56/archives/

Anyway, if you read all of those, you'll be able to glean alot of information about EPIII and what you may see in the movie.

(Sorry, couldn't help a shameless plug for my bud and fellow artist)
-Sal

Bacta Beast
05-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I do still have a subcription to hyperspace, and I remember the picture of Grievious from the last issue of the Insider. I agree on your opinion of his artwork, I find it to be a lot better than some of the other stuff floating around in the Star Wars universe. I'd like to see more of it in the future. And I see wha tyou're sayning about the flag. Somehow I miss stuff like that :stupid: Thanks again.

BobaPhlegm
05-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Time for another of my patented lists! (I'm sure my desire to do this is a sign of some disorder)

Episode 3 figures (big ol' spoilers):

Bene (Teen girl Jedi, played by Mousy McCallum)
Nee Alavar
Cin Drallig (Jedi played by Nick Galliard)
Comander Cody
R4-G9 (the bronze colored droid we voted on)
Senator Fema Baab
Senator Bana Breemu
Senator Giddean Danu
General Grevious (obviously)
Holographic Even Piell
Holographic Aayla Secura
Holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi
Senator Fang Zar
All the Members of the Naberrie Family (Naboo Funeral)
Anakin (Starfighter Pilot)
Obi-Wan (Starfighter Pilot)
R4-P17 (Decapitated)
Governor Tarkin
Elle (Handmaiden)
Motee (Handmaiden)
New Naboo Queen (played by the Whale Rider girl)
Shaak Ti (Grevious Execution)
Chewbacca (Kashhyk)
Wookie Warriors
Nemoidian Guard
Fireship Pilot
Mon Mothma
Grevious' Henchmen

And the confirmed returning characters:
Barris Ofee
Luminari Undulli
Orn Free Taa
Rune Haako
Po Nudo (and Aide)
Bultar Swan
Agen Kolar
Sly Moore
Mas Amedda
R2-D2
C-3PO
Obi-Wan (various outfits, I'm sure)
Anakin (ditto)
Count Dooku
Padme (many many outfits including, hopefully, Senate Locker Room Showers Outfit (or lack-there-of))
Palpatine/Sidious (or are they different?????????!!!!)
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Stass Allie
Passel Argente
Bail Organa (and Aide)
Mace Windu
Yoda
Captain Typho
Owen Lars
Beru Lars
Nute Gunray
Many Clone Troopers
Red Royal Guard
Jawa (so I've heard)
Ask Aak
Jar Jar (with Sith Helmet)(just kidding)
R5-D4 (again, so I've heard)
Denaria Kee
Tundra Dowmeia
Poggle The Lesser
Shu Mai
San Hill
Wat Tambor (I agree, with Exploding Action! The one action feature I want)
Dar Wac
Battle Droids
Destroyer Droids
Super Battle Droids
Super Duper Battle Droids (maybe)
Pablo Jill
Aayla Secura (Jedi Locker Room Shower Outfit (or lack-there-of))(hopefully)(okay, I do have a problem)

OC47150
05-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Your list looks pretty complete, BobaPhlegm.

After the initial Ep. 2 wave is introduced, I hope Hasbro doesn't forget to release some older figures the fans are still asking for.

BobaPhlegm
05-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Add one more to the list:

Tion Meddon

The "helpful alien" character played by Bruce Spence

-Durge-
07-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Who is Nee Alavar? Also do you think we will get a lot of Wookies? Like a Wookie King?

Kyle Katarn
07-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Chewbacca
Anakin
Anakin(fight with KKenobi)
Obi Wan Kenobi
Obi Wan(Fight with Anakin)
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Clonetrooper and all the variations
C-3PO
R2-D2
General Grievous(with lightsabers)
Mace Windu(dead)
Mon Mothma
Kii Adi Mundi

OC47150
07-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Hasbro hasn't released an Obi-Wan figure in Jedi robe since the POTJ line. I got tired of waiting and customized one myself for AOTC. I'm hoping this is one figure that won't be overlooked.

DarkArtist
07-27-2004, 08:14 PM
I just hope that the figures will be normal and not have too many crappy gimmicks. Also Hasbro definatley should make two of the new Jedi Starfighters, regular and Anakin's.

Bacta Beast
07-27-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't expect to much of Hasbro anymore! The picture of the Gen. Grevious shows action features. So obviously they didn't listen to us about that! I'll just be happy if we can find the product, and if the characters actually fit in vehicles I'll pinch myself!
By the way what does everyone think about the packaging? I was kind of hoping they would find some way to play off the success of the current packaging.

jedi master sal
07-28-2004, 05:07 PM
The packaging is quite a departure from all of the previous lines.
My guess is that they really want this to STAND out. And it works to!
I personally do not like the "stylized" Vader, but to each there own. Does it really matter though what the packaging looks like? We're still going to by the stuff.
For openers like me it certainly hold as much weight with regards to what it looks like. I'm not buying SW for the packaging (OTC aside-I really dig the retro look). I buy it for the toys.

hango fett
07-28-2004, 05:55 PM
we keep ours in the pack unless i see one i really like then my dad or i get it and tear the blasted thing open and set him up. i oculd care less about the package, just maybe something that stands out like the new one so i can always tell if there is something new at the stores...
HF

rust
07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
All I want is a Super Articulated Grievous with removable cape, arms that split into 4 and a magnetic belt that you can attach lightsabers to. If that were the only Episode 3 fig, I'd be happy.

-Durge-
07-28-2004, 11:54 PM
All I want is a Super Articulated Grievous with removable cape, arms that split into 4 and a magnetic belt that you can attach lightsabers to. If that were the only Episode 3 fig, I'd be happy.Hey rust! That sounds soooooooo cool!! I can not wait for an Unleashed Grevious!!:D lol

Samuel Windu
07-29-2004, 09:36 AM

You will see the first wave of Sneak Preview Figure in March next year :)

Ep3 wish list:
Simple,more clones,more clones and more different clones :D

jedi master sal
07-29-2004, 10:05 AM
There's a rumor we'll see them in November. So basically, we'll see them when we see them and not beofre. While we may see pics of them and even Hasbro may say they are going to be in stores by a certain date, we all know that what the big "H" says and does are two completely different things, much of the time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I've changed my mind on the purple cards. I think I'd like to see some kind of lava-themed package, though I would still like to see an OTC-style card after a few months.

I heard about Grievous having some bodyguards, so I'll add that to my wishlist. I hope it isn't horribly preposed or anything.