PDA

View Full Version : Is the saga line over?

Darth Mina
05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
With the OT figures comming on june thoes that mean that saga line is over and will the numbering start from 1 with those "new" figures?

sith_killer_99
05-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Saga appears to be on "hold" for now. We really haven't heard of or seen any new product for the Saga line. Hasbro could easily carry the OTC and VOTC lines right up to EPIII.

As for the numbering. I hope Hasbro throws the whole thing out the window, one less thing for them to mess up. :D

Kidhuman
05-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I kind of hope they dont carry it over until Ep3. I was stillhoping for SLy Moore, Pablo Jill and many others for this year. If OTC and VOTC carry until EP3, I will be saving a vast amount of money.

Turbowars
05-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I guess loose collectors will be saving some cash in the coming months. The few crazy carded collectors don't ever get a rest. It's fun though. I just can't believe I'm going to have like 25 Commtech Hans in my collection on different cards.

About Saga ending, well with hasbro you never know. They can start a new line after the OTC before EP3 and use pink as the main color on the cards and bring back action features. We just don't know. I do really like the OTC packaging and the inserts are whats really selling me on them. Hey, hasbro had me with Hello, oh wait I mean with POTF2

BlueSnags
05-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I guess that wipes out my hopes of ever finding a J'Quille or Concept Stormtrooper at retail. Guess it's time to head down to Scalpers & Sons, yippee!! :D

Kidhuman
05-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I guess loose collectors will be saving some cash in the coming months. The few crazy carded collectors don't ever get a rest. It's fun though. I just can't believe I'm going to have like 25 Commtech Hans in my collection on different cards.

This carded collector isnt buying these rehasbro products. They can rot. So I do get a break, but I will hunt down the troopers and such. I willbuy only the figures I missed in the past as well.

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 07:42 PM
I think all signs point to the line being over even if it hasn't been officially announced. If Saga was going to continue I doubt the OTC line would include new figures. I'd guess that the OTC and Vintage lines will run up until April and then the EPIII line will assault our wallets. :stupid: :greedy: :eek:

I agree with Turbo on how good the the cards look. This is the way the Saga cards with inserts should have looked 2 years ago. :cool:

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Well I guess Hasbro has made an announcement.

Hasbro has confirmed that the Saga Collection is ending this spring as we move into the OTC packaging, celebrating the release of the Original Trilogy DVDs, which I'm guessing we'll see until we have the final episode toys early next year.

From RS