PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: All-Stars - you choose who wins $1 million

bigbarada
05-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Last night on the Survivor Reunion show, it was revealed that a second $1 million prize would be awarded to the audience's choice among the 18 All-Star castaways. If you want to vote you can go to www.cbs.com and place your vote for whichever castaway you believe should have won $1 million.

I was torn between Rupert, Big Tom and Rudy; but I eventually voted for Rupert.

Anybody else here plan to vote?

QLD
05-10-2004, 11:04 PM
My wife is voting for Rupert.

James Boba Fettfield
05-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I went with Rupert. :beard: & :Pirate: , can't go wrong with that.

mrmiller
05-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Yea, at the very first of last season, when he stole the other teams shoes "We are pirates, and what do pirates do? We pillage!" Was awesome. I gotto go for Rupert.

=MATT=

dr_evazan22
05-11-2004, 09:57 AM
While Amber did a fair job a playing the game, riding on Rob's coat tails, I thought Rob deserved to win. My vote went for him, even though they are getting married.

If not him, then Rudy. He's the man!

El Chuxter
05-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Big Tom is one cool feller, and he had the best comments at both the interrogations prior to the two final votes he took place in.

But, well, as much as we all love Big Tom, you can't vote for him over Rupert! :Pirate:

Though personally I think Big Tom and Rupert should star in a sitcom as roommates, with Hach, Lex, and Shiiann as the wacky neighbors. That'd be a hoot!

jjreason
05-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Not sure if they'll accept my vote or not, but I'll head over and try to put one up for Rupert. He played very well both times, and managed to keep a little of his intergrity during even the dirtiest Survivor action ever. All-Star was fantastic, I really hope they decide to do that again sometime down the road.

Dr Zoltar
05-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Ugh! Iíll be happy when this show finally doesnít get renewed...:rolleyes:

Arrogant Arse
05-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Gotta Vote Ruppert. JJR is Right Ruppert did keep some dignity in the Dirtiest Survivor ever.

Gotta ask, What did you vote in the other survey questions?

I voted Elisabeth as hottest Female

no vote for hottest male

best moment was Jenna getting peanutbutter

and best fight was Ruppert/Johnny Fairplay

Anyone else?

AA

P.S. I like the Sitcom Idea El Chuxter had.

Chux, What they really need to do is combine Iron Chef with Survivor, and put two of the survivors, maybe Keith Famie from survivor Australia, who is a Chef, and someone else in Kitchen Stadium, as one of their challenges. It'd be a crossover show. We could hear things such as "the chairman likes Blanched Tranatula," or "the secret ingredient is Vampire Bat."

AA, Eh!

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks for posting the link big B. I recorded the show and it ran over it's alloted time so I missed out on hearing there was an online vote and another episode. :)

I voted for...

Million $ winner: Rupert :Pirate:
Best Fight: Rob strangles Clay :glasses:
Hottest Women: Amber :kiss:
Top Moments: Outback- Michael Skupin falls in fire :smoker:

Banthaholic
05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Million $ winner, Rupert
Hottest chick - Heidi
Hottest dude - left blank
villan - Johnny Fairplay
Fight - Rupert - Johnny
Best Memnet - Rupert steals shoes

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Big Tom is one cool feller, and he had the best comments at both the interrogations prior to the two final votes he took place in.You think so? I thought those so called adults acted like 3rd graders. IMO Tom is an idiot. Rob played a great game and the losers are all POed. Lex and Jerri make me want to puke.

Man, you know who's really hot? Jenna. Did she get some work done as well?

dr_evazan22
05-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I got an email tonight from Atom films.com that Jenna was in a short movie. Unfortunately I deleted the email so I can't provide a direct link. It was kinda funny, showing how Jenna was re-integrating into regular society.

Turbowars
05-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm talking about Jenna Lewis, not Jenna Morasca. Whom are you referring to?

dr_evazan22
05-12-2004, 12:10 AM
The Jenna that was just on the All-Stars, made it to the final 3. I think this is the same Jenna that was sitting next to Rob at the reunion show. If so, she said that she did not have any work done on the reunion show.

Turbowars
05-12-2004, 12:19 AM
There were 2 Jenna's in the All Stars, but yeah the one sitting by Rob! Very nice! It's funny how that show changes your looks so dramatically.

bigbarada
05-12-2004, 10:28 AM
I think Big Tom is really cool, sure he got a little emotional at times, but I can't hold that against him. Although he did have a legitimate complaint when it came to Rob insulting his son.

I voted for Rupert primarily because of the reasons stated earlier in this thread. He didn't compromise his integrity or loyalty for the sake of winning and he wasn't a sore loser (I think he even voted for Boston Rob to win the $1 million, if I'm not mistaken).

Sure Rob played the game well from a technical standpoint, but he revealed himself to be a complete bastard in the process. I know it's the nature of the game; but, personally, I just can't justify awarding someone $1 million for such bad behavior.

Although Rob did justify himself in the end by proposing to Amber (however, if I was the cynical type I would think that he must have known he was going to lose and was just trying to insure that he would get some of the money by legally binding himself to the guaranteed winner; good thing I'm not the cynical type :) ).

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I agree, Rob played the game great.

but with Rupert's popularity rating on the CBS site (95% on Monday).....well, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win it. How can anyone not like the guy?

And did anyone else notice that Rob couldn't grow facial hair? I was surprised to learn he was in his late 20's. Really, he's got like a few stray hairs on his cheeks, and well....I voted for beard.

Turbowars
05-12-2004, 07:44 PM
How did Rob insult his son? I must have missed that one.

Hellboy
05-12-2004, 07:56 PM
I think he said something along the lines of Tom's son was just as dumb and unintelligible as Tom. :stupid:

Turbowars
05-12-2004, 08:02 PM
I think he said something along the lines of Tom's son was just as dumb and unintelligible as Tom. :stupid:At least Rob was telling the truth for once.

James Boba Fettfield
05-12-2004, 08:04 PM
It was the episode where they had their relatives eat different things for reward.

bigbarada
05-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Was it Jerri who got booed offstage at the reunion show? I always get her confused with one of the Jennas. Anyways, I wonder if she'll be back on Thursday night.

dr_evazan22
05-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Jerri. I thought she would've had a thicker skin. That seemed like a pretty strong reaction from someone who played the game fairly well the first time around.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-13-2004, 12:31 AM
I voted for Rupert. Along with Tom he played the best in two different Survivors. Tom just seems like he'd blow it on Jim Bean and pork rinds.

What bugged me about this season is that everyone acted like they were so freaking afraid of Bahston Rob and Amber that they couldn't get together to boot one of them off. It was pretty much a done deal that one of them one win by the time the merge came around. Ho hum.

jjreason
05-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Well, good on ol' Rupert for hauling in the million. I'm sure he's not too concerned about winning the "popularity contest", as he was a bit downtrodden in high school (according to him the first go round).

It is too bad the masses didn't break up the Rob and Amber duo when they had the chance (after chance, after chance, after chance!!!!) - I have to agree with the "What the heck are they thinking????" assessment of that failure.

dr_evazan22
05-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I heard Rupert got 85% of the vote. Did anyone else see or hear this?

jjreason
05-15-2004, 08:29 AM
I didn't watch that episode, and have been looking online at CBS for the rundown (which I haven't seen yet - is it up?). I wouldn't be surprised, his portrayal was very likeable. Seems like most people I've spoken to voted for Rupert so 85% doesn't seem impossible.

bigbarada
05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Tom just seems like he'd blow it on Jim Bean and pork rinds.

:D

I think what ticked me off most this season was Jenna voting for Rupert when they were down to the final four. What in the world was she thinking? Did she, for any minute, actually believe that Rob or Amber would turn on each other and take her to the final two? Basically, by voting Rupert off, she voted herself off. The ultimate bone-headed play, IMO.

Anyways, I'm glad that Rupert finally got the $1 million, he deserves it more than any other player as far as I'm concerned.

Hellboy
05-17-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm glad Rupert got the million too, and I did vote for him, but IMO he didn't play the best game. Whether you like his tactics or not Rob was hands down the contestant who played the game the hardest. I based my vote on who I felt was the coolest person and who I thought could use the $ the most. If Rupert wasn't on the show and Rob hadn't won the $ indirectly by proposing to Amber my vote would've gone to Boston Rob.

The one thing I can't stand on these shows are the people who get voted off who feel they should've won because they didn't compromise their morals. I know when I'm playing a game with friends or anybody for that matter I play to the best of my ability and I play to win, otherwise whats the point. Bottom line is its a game and the person who isn't willing to do anything is more than likely going to lose. In Survivor, with a million $ on the line I respect the person who outwits, outplays and outlasts the most.

dr_evazan22
05-17-2004, 05:05 PM
:D

I think what ticked me off most this season was Jenna voting for Rupert when they were down to the final four. What in the world was she thinking? Did she, for any minute, actually believe that Rob or Amber would turn on each other and take her to the final two?

It was all strategy. I think that she knew that she wouldn't get taken also. I think she was definitely going to (try to) give Rob a 'run for his money' in the final immunity. I think the only way she could have won would've been if she got immuity and voted Rob off. Maybe people wouldn't have voted for Amber if Rob weren't there.

Other then the guy getting burned in Australia, have they had any run ins with other injuries or dangerous animals in any of the seasons? I ask because they kept showing what looked like dangerous animals for the preview of next season.

Hellboy
05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Other then the guy getting burned in Australia, have they had any run ins with other injuries or dangerous animals in any of the seasons? I ask because they kept showing what looked like dangerous animals for the preview of next season.

I remember that Rob Z guy who choked Clay in a challenge got stung on his foot by a jellyfish.

Someone on the Marquesas show got stung by a sea urchin and Kathy urinated on his hand to relieve the pain but I can't remember who it was right now.

There might be more but I can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment.

Arrogant Arse
05-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I think in All-Stars, Richard Hatch got bitten by a small shark while he was swimming.

dr_evazan22
05-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I got another email from Atom Films with Jenna's short.

Jenna's film (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/survivin_the_island?mid=64503414)