View Full Version : Dry Run of Rhen Var Escape

Val Da Car
05-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I am roughing out my first diorama.

I am basing it out on the Clone Wars Xbox game set on the ice planet with a Jedi Temple of Rhen Var.

Far shot to establish distances

Top shot of Gunships Escaping

Rally the Troops

Get Bariss and Lumiara out of here NOW!!

Adi and a new Jedi shows some FORCE

This is not looking good

I need more Clones!!!

A little closer

kool-aid killer
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Nice setup. I would be interested in seeing more pics once its been completed. I like the inclusion of Momaw too. Ive always wanted to customize Lak Sivrak and a Gamorrean Guard into Jedi Knights. Keep up the nice work!

05-20-2004, 08:35 PM
More clones, more clones! Nice start and when do you think it's going to be completed?

Val Da Car
05-21-2004, 09:12 AM
I plan on having some more pics (a little smaller to be nicer with some of our dial up forumites) this weekend.

I have covered the table with a tarp while I decide on the best vinyl to cover the table from a fabric store.

I have about 30-40 more clones left to put out but about 60 droids...

This can also be a Genosian scene very quickly.

Val Da Car
05-22-2004, 02:42 PM
If you have been watching the weather ...just look to the Midwest for lots of rain...and storms....which delayed me from posting the pictures.

But none the less..here they are..

A little Dim...no Flash but I boosted the base up for a better 3D effect

Close up shot of the base

Val Da Car
05-22-2004, 02:48 PM
More Pics..

Get in the Ship NOW!

Droid Army Amassing (Plenty more of them...more focused on the Clone troopers).

Ships at rest (before they get hung up) and the crosswalk

Troopers everywhere..(I was thinking of tacking the stand to the walkway down, maybe?)

Ahh a Flash

More Separatists..& commanders

Everyone should get a stand

Maybe a way to mock up an AT-TE (maybe not)

05-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Very nice Val. And I might suggest maybe not(AT-TE). If you can get a Lego Version it might be cool since the are big.

05-24-2004, 01:42 PM
What did you use for that white base one of the gunships is resting on?

Val Da Car
05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
It was the base from the new dishwasher to protect it during transit...I would use anything to make the diorama a little more interesting...

05-25-2004, 06:52 AM
That's using your head!

I'm grabbing Styrofoam packing every chance I get. I have a small mountain of it at home.

05-25-2004, 05:31 PM
The white base looks great... way to recycle that packing material! I've been saving up packing material myself. Some of that white vacuum-molded plastic packing stuff makes for great diorama building fodder.

Off topice, but... I used alot of stryofoam last year to create mountain backdrops for my Christmas Village diorama for the holidays. Didn't even have to spray them with snow! :D

Val Da Car
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
First of all...Thanks to everyone for the support and good natures in the forums!!!

Secondly...I might have to get more of the bases...maybe I can talk to the appliance store for more bases....If I can I will share them...

Thirdly since I did not get the color base I wanted I might switch the scene to the Geonosian Scene and fit as much onto the table as I can.

Count Dooku Speeder Bike Chase;Jedi Rescue;Arena annoucement (Dooku,Poggle The Lessor,Jango etc); Droid Factory....if I have enough Droids

My next Diorama concept is going to be a Imperial Hangar (RoTJ) or Rebel Hangar (ESB) scene.

05-26-2004, 09:02 AM
The neighborhood video store went out of business about two - three years ago. They were selling everything. I picked up a box of the stryofoam boxes used to stuff the video boxes while they sat on the shelves. They make nice bases.

King Returned
05-31-2004, 09:21 AM
awsome job dude! I can only dream of having an army like yours (actually 2 armies.) Great job!