PDA

View Full Version : Female Tusken w/ child

evenflow
12-15-2001, 11:52 AM
There is a pic for it up at The Private Universe. It says that the pic is oly going to be up for 48 hours though.

Jargo
12-15-2001, 01:01 PM
You mean this one?

SirSteve
12-15-2001, 03:30 PM
hehe... they are trying the old "weekend" trick like I did back on E1. They put it up over the weekend until they get the C&D from Hasbro on Monday...

Beast
12-15-2001, 04:16 PM
God that figure looks cool! I will have to get a couple of this one, really looks nice. I like the fact its somewhat different then the normal male Tusken's we have seen in the past. Wonderful figure Hasbro, stop being so anal retentive and show us more!! Thank you TPU for having the guts to show this great figure!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
12-15-2001, 04:32 PM
the old weekend trick huh. hay sirsteve...........:happy: :happy:

SirSteve
12-15-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Wonderful figure Hasbro, stop being so anal retentive and show us more!! Thank you TPU for having the guts to show this great figure!

Apparently you didn't read this thread...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=25124#post25124

Beast
12-15-2001, 06:27 PM
Yes, I read it Sir Steve. Your point being what? It's still Hasbro being Anal Retentive and forcing sites to remove the pictures.

Thats why I was saying they should tease us atleast with pictures of somethings, like the charecters seen in the trailer. I'll applaud anyone with the guts to post em, even if they have to remove em after Hasbro issues their "please remove the image" notices.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
12-15-2001, 06:52 PM
My point being it's not Hasbro. It's George Lucas. I do have the balls to post it but then that would keep us from shooting their products at Toy Fair and other conventions.

mylow thehutt
12-15-2001, 07:06 PM
Hay sirsteve way did i see ep1 toys on ebay befor the traliure.thats were i learned about this site.do you think they will do that agien with ep2???:)

Beast
12-15-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
My point being it's not Hasbro. It's George Lucas. I do have the balls to post it but then that would keep us from shooting their products at Toy Fair and other conventions.

I know it's george, but it's Hasbro thats inforcing it primarily. They are the ones sending the "removal" orders. We are all fans, lets not argue semantics. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-15-2001, 08:04 PM
Oh My god,thats pretty darn cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the 2nd figure we've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SirSteve
12-15-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Hay sirsteve way did i see ep1 toys on ebay befor the traliure.thats were i learned about this site.do you think they will do that agien with ep2???:)

During Episode I, I decided not to play ball with Hasbro (for my own reasons) so, as of right now, I am cooperating with them because I think it is important to bring you coverage from their conventions (they didn't do many conventions in the past so it wasn't really important).

derek
12-15-2001, 10:28 PM
start e-mailing these episode 2 photos out to known offenders on the net. when they pop up, just use the kennedy defense:"i, er, ah, have no recollection of that , senator.":)

Omega Fett
12-16-2001, 12:29 AM
steve,why cant u just go to the conventions UNDERCOVER lol,or just make up some stupid site on homestead and post the pics with no links or contact info on the page. thats what i alaways used to do on game websites and junk,please dont get mad iam just suggesting

Wolfwood319
12-16-2001, 01:13 AM
I'd really have to compare the figure to an actual picture of the character from the movie to tell if I like it or not. Right now, to me at least, it seems kind of lacking. But that might just be the picture. Plus, I haven't seen what the female tusken looks like on screen.

This whole "taking down pictures'' mess seems more trouble than its worth for both sides. Why GL doesn't want those pictures posted when you can go to a dozen other smaller sites and see the same type of pictures, is beyond me. Im not just talking action figures here, pictures from E2 in general is what I'm referring to.

We're all gonna see them sooner or later, if they have the pics now, why not show them.

Darth Rage
12-16-2001, 02:26 AM
omg! thats a cool action figure! I want to see whats under that hood!:sur:

kit fristo
12-16-2001, 04:08 AM
dont show us **** people like a dumb *** female tusken show as something like anakin, jango, or dooku.

correct me if iam wrong????

the kit:D

Beast
12-16-2001, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by kit fristo
correct me if iam wrong????

Your wrong. :D

I think its a cool figure, and a great choice to sneak us all a picture of. We've seen the trailers, we know what the main charecters mostly look like. We've also seen the realscan busts of Anakin, Amidala, Jango, Dooku, Mace, Obi-Wan and a few others.

I'm glad they picked something unique to show us, wets my appetite for the E2 line more then an image of one of the main charecters would have.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
12-16-2001, 03:54 PM
Not really what I thought a Tusken Raider female would look like... nor a child. I predict it's fate is a peg-warmer. For 1. it's female, and they don't sell well as we've seen, and 2. minor character equaling a minor female character to a chain of minor characters - Tusken Raiders - and by the looks of her, how much could she really do? Whack with the gaffi stick, run, get slaughtered by Anakin. Somehow I think people would prefer male tusken raider figures with a gaffi sticks and rifles packed in rather than a female so they could "army build."

As for my opinion on the sculpt, the female in a way looks more like an Imperial Sentinal and the kid looks more like a robot from a very low budget sci-fi flick from the '60s.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2001, 02:26 PM
I couldn't agree with you any LESS LTBasker. I think this is a good representation of what makes the STAR WARS universe tick for the cololectors. Yes, she is a minor character, but we thrive on details such as this. I can remember being a kid and collecting other lines of "space show" related figures and never having the lesser characters to do things with. Hasbro is doing a great job in filling the gaps for the collectors.

I think, while I didn't expect a female Tusken Raider to look like this until I saw the concept sketch, this is a pretty cool figure. The fact that they are packing the kid in with her is even better, because they "belong together as a set". I am quite excited with the advent of the new figures and can't wait to get collecting! There will be ones I pass on, but I KNOW I will have to get this one! :p

Jargo
12-17-2001, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure I'm in favour of to many child figures in the line but females are welcome as they help to balance the testosterone driven masculinity of the main quotient of the line. All these saber weilding Jedi and troopers with blasters need something to counterpont them or risk merging into one big mass of plastic weaponry and action stance.

Seriously though, this is just one more indication that some leeway has been given to female collectors and to women in general as far as action figures and fantasy is concerned. With the creators of fantasy fiction and films being mostly male and mostly slightly mysoginistic it's a hard battle to find a female character who isn't scantily clad or carrying some kind of breast enlargement advertisement out front. It was really a breath of fresh air to see Pernilla August in TPM and even more so to see her immortalised in plastic just recently. The more ordinary female characters the better. It's all very well having your twi'lek babes to look exotic but the galaxy isn't full of exotic twi'lek babes only. These characters who serve as background fillers with their ordinary lives and costumes are what adds diversity to the enlarging universe of star wars. It also helps to break down antiquated and ridiculous stereotyping of women. The fact that the tusken female is shown carrying the baby and also weilding a gaffi stick is fantastic in it's own right. A powerful earth mother figure caring for her young so ably and also fearless defender of her clan with aggresive faithfulness. What a positive image that is! Not to mention that rather than go with the same old same old tusken outfit we get a new interesting innovative take on how the tuskens live and thrive and rear their young. It's an anthropology class in the making :)
Fair enough that there are some who don't like the design. That's a matter of taste. But don't dismiss this landmark figure outright before looking really hard at the action figure female of the future. Forward thinking or not, this is a marvel in a modern age that thinks so backwardly. Full marks to Georges design team ad the Hasbro design team on this. :)

INDIANA
12-17-2001, 04:04 PM
Sir Steve.....help me understand something......

TPU took the image down 48 hours after they posted it. In this forum, there is a link to an image, so.....do you need to take that image away or can it stay? You didn't post it, some fan did.

OK, if you don't need to remove it, let's expand on the thought..... let's say you e-mail (privately) an image to Emperor Jargo(say a Clonetrooper), and through the kindness of his heart, he posts it here, again, do you need to remove it?

GNT
12-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I predict it's fate is a peg-warmer. For 1. it's female, and they don't sell well as we've seen,

But shes a "female alien" and alien figures sell better most of the time,Plus once you take her of her card she can be anything you want her to be :)

kit fristo
12-17-2001, 06:06 PM
me being a huge toy collector why couldent ****en hasbro show us something intrusting like a geoseosin.?:confused: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

geoneosins are ****en intresting and cool.

are u feelin me???

LTBasker
12-17-2001, 07:24 PM
I didn't say they should never release her, basically my point is that they shouldn't release her in the first waves, they should gradually build up to it, like maybe 5th or 6th wave, but as one of the first wave figs, since it's not like pure action (it'd be nice if it could be a little poseable, that'd be a plus) figure and basically just a figure with rather limited movement and a robot looking child, I really don't think it would do too good for the line as a first release. But, nonetheless, it seems that figures like that are mostly peg-warmers, especially if Hasbro is trying to point the items towards kids, which I suppose mostly happens during a movie year for toys. Hey it's not like I'm saying my opinion is important here or anything. :rolleyes:

Jargo
12-17-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
Sir Steve.....help me understand something......

TPU took the image down 48 hours after they posted it. In this forum, there is a link to an image, so.....do you need to take that image away or can it stay? You didn't post it, some fan did.

OK, if you don't need to remove it, let's expand on the thought..... let's say you e-mail (privately) an image to Emperor Jargo(say a Clonetrooper), and through the kindness of his heart, he posts it here, again, do you need to remove it?

I posted the image in question knowing full well that SirSteve might remove it straight afterwards. It just seemed fairer to post the pic than use SSG as a springboard to another site. It also saved people leaving here to go look.
As it technically constitutes stolen property like all of these pre official release images do, I take responsibility for posting it and handling the stolen goods. SirSteve can't really be held responsible for hosting it if I posted it. He only has a responsibility to remove the offending article. But if he hasn't seen it and can't find it on his server - well..........
And wouldn't you rather see the nice tusken lady with her ickle rugrat? If hasbro want to send me a cease and desist order on the basis that I regularly post images I find elsewhere here in the forums then so be it. If they want to sue me then so be it. Let them fire away and and sue me for every penny I haven't got. It would make them the laughing stock of the industry to sue the fans. and once they prosecute one they'd have to prosecute them all for looking at stolen property and all the webmasters who subsequently post the same image for their visitors. That's a hell of a legal fee Hasbro won't want. So what are they really going to do eh? Slap a few wrists and get ****y over toy expo coverage? Like there isn't more than one way to skin a cat in such situations. Hasbro um big heap o' crap me say........:rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
12-17-2001, 10:55 PM
Hasbro has no choice BUT to enforce GL's decision. Otherwise they run the risk of loosing the contract for the EP2 line.:(

Do you really think Hasbro can afford to lose out on all the money they have invested?:rolleyes:

But it doesn't stop there. Retailers have been threatened as well. There is a ban on ALL pre-sale EP2 figures. Anyone caught pre-selling EP2 figs will lose their contract with Hasbro.

That includes Brian's Toys, who, by the way get their shipments directly from Hing Kong. Which is why they are the first in the US to get SW figs. :eek:

INDIANA
12-18-2001, 10:59 AM
Hasbro sent out the same warnings with the E1 stuff. I saw TONS of this stuff, even had things early myself, waaaaay before May 3rd. I don't remember ever seeing that any company got in trouble for selling stuff early. My in store contacts are just as good and I fully expect to have E11 stuff before 4.22.

GNT
12-19-2001, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
That includes Brian's Toys, who, by the way get their shipments directly from Hing Kong.

Wheres Hing Kong? ;)

Rollo Tomassi
12-19-2001, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by GNT

Wheres Hing Kong? ;)

Right next door to Hong King....;)

bigbarada
12-19-2001, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Right next door to Hong King....;)

Which is down the street and slightly to the left of Hing King.:D

LTBasker