PDA

View Full Version : More Unleashed Figures Revealed!!

Beast
05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
We've heard the line-up for the Summer unleashed series, but the pictures of the final versions are finally up. I have the say, the Bossk is pretty sweet. But the real stand out in my opinon, is the Tusken Raider. That is just a beautiful figure. And the news about the Fall Unleashed Series is equally cool. While I don't really understand the inclusion of Aurra Sing, IG-88 and StormTrooper should kick major arse. :)

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.1032/dn/default.cfm
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/05/news20040511.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
05-11-2004, 10:53 AM
With IG-88 coming hopefully it'll mean more droids like a Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid , and Destroyer Droid will be made in the future. :)

arctangent
05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
i am not really an unleashed collector but these three look really good. they have given ayalla a wonderfully balletic pose, the sculpting on bossk looks really good but the detail on the tusken raider's clothing is incredible. three very nice additions to the series.

Reefer Shark
05-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Just awesome!! I love the unleashed line. These figures look great and I cant wait to get them. Hopefully Ayla wont be a "leaner".

btw: two of my unleashed have become heavy leaners. Obi-Wan, and Luke Hoth. Obi-Wan is leaning back so far that he looks like he's doing the limbo:crazed: . Luke Hoth is leaning so far to the right that he looks like he's about to hit the ground soon...... booo!!!

Anyone else have these problems?? Any suggestions on how to fix??

IMFETTUP
05-11-2004, 12:07 PM
You can sign me up for any unleashed figures! I am truly sorry that I passed on the initial waves due to lack of interest on my part. After I finally bought a Boba fett and opened him up (I usually don't open anything up) I was hooked. They are now proudly displayed on my desk at work.

Tycho
05-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Aurra Sing, IG-88, and a Stormtrooper...

Sing might be cool if they do her in a battle pose - epspecially with her long rifle or even better - her red lightsaber. Curious that if they wanted to do a mostly EU character, Assaj Ventress didn't take Sing's place.

IG-88 I'd actually hoped for. The droid bounty hunter has never actually been shown in motion, truly exhibiting its articulation. Seeing IG in an action pose might truly give some insight into how this character moves in combat. I agree with BATTLEDROID that the other potential war droids would make excellent unleashed (the scene where the SuperBD pushes the older Geonosian-model out of the way as it rapidfires in the Arena would be the sweetest moment I can think of! - simulated blasts coming from its wrist guns).

Stormtrooper - hmmm. Cool no doubt, but from what scene? Tantive IV, the Death Star? Cloud City? Endor? Where do you guys want this figure to be from?

I don't collect all the Unleashed, however, there are very few I don't want. Crazy enough, 2 of those are in the current wave. The Clone Trooper, stepping on his fallen buddy's crotch just does not look right. There are plenty of other poses that the sculptors could have used for a fallen Clone and a fighting one. I love Clone Troopers, but not this time. (Luke's the other I don't like). So I really hope the Stormtrooper(s) will be done with more taste. I don't really care about the setting, but beside burning brush from the Battle of Endor actually sounds cool, or with that pink vapor blasts from the firefight on the Death Star whisping about behind him, well that trooper could be made that style for Bespin or the Tantive IV as well. But I think Endor interests me the most. You?

Kidhuman
05-11-2004, 12:59 PM
The Tusken looks really sweet. Cant wait to see IG-88.

Tycho
05-11-2004, 01:32 PM
I wonder if I'll collect all these.

Actually the Tusken is painted darker and more monotone than I'd expected. I was imagining something close to the latest Saga figure which I like a lot. I do like Tuskens...my 12" is right here next to my keyboard as of the past hour since I was decidedly looking at Tusken Raider products.

I was thinking that in Unleashed, I'd collect core characters...maybe not branch off into the obscurities such as Aurra Sing. I'd like them more in EU figures.

I mean, EU fans: would you rather have a 3 3/4" Jaina Solo figure, or one of her Unleashed? Granted that could be cool - and Aurra is not totally EU, she was in the movie for those 6 seconds, but...

Hasbro is taking this to Unleash all the bounty hunters, I'd guess. In Playskool figures, that's cute, cheap, takes up little room, and is sort of awesome.

In Unleashed? Hmmm. But when I consider how cool a Gamorrean or Weequay Unleashed might look, I guess I have to stick with the idea that I'll be buying some of the secondary characters - just not to be an Unleashed completist.

But:

Obi-Wan from E4 has not been Unleashed
Lando has not been...
Jabba has not been...
Obi-Wan from E1 has not been...
Qui-Gon has not been...
Padme from E1 has not been...
JarJar has not been...(could be funny, so don't knock it)
Troopers from various armies and outfits could be very cool (too bad the Clones bit it!)

So I am interested in other possibilities. The Wampa still begs for this treatment IMO!

I guess we'll wait and see.

mm74md
05-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Just awesome!! I love the unleashed line. These figures look great and I cant wait to get them. Hopefully Ayla wont be a "leaner".

btw: two of my unleashed have become heavy leaners. Obi-Wan, and Luke Hoth. Obi-Wan is leaning back so far that he looks like he's doing the limbo:crazed: . Luke Hoth is leaning so far to the right that he looks like he's about to hit the ground soon...... booo!!!

I put one of those clear rubber bands on the front foot of Obi want to make it hold tighter to the base. This keeps him from leaning. I haven't had the chance to take out my Luke Hoth yet so I couldn't offer a suggestion.

My 2 - I'm loving this line even more with all the new releases. I have been selling off most of my 3 3/4" figures/ships so I can put the money towards Unleashed & GG Mini Busts. I feel these larger items can display alot better and not seem as childish to other non collectors. I'm getting sick of my relatives saying "No, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again Sir!" :D

BlueSnags
05-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I hope they do Unleashed Rick McCallum next...that'd be something to see.

Anyone see the new package Unleashed Slave Leia yet? I gotta get that figure, missed it first time around.

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Luke Hoth is leaning so far to the right that he looks like he's about to hit the ground soon...... booo!!!

I started to have the same problem with my Hoth Luke as well Reefer Shark. The way I fixed it was to take his left foot out of the peg hole and swing him around on his base so his right knee rests against the ice. This has kept mine upright and looks just as good IMO. Hope that helps. :)

As for these new additions I think they look AMAZING. Every one of them will be added to my collection. Now I just need to find the room to display them.

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 08:17 PM
WOW!! I love this line. I'm surprised it lasted this long though. Not many side lines make it this far.

To keep this new unleashed section going,lets discuss the Leaning issues on new thread.

Tycho
05-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I hope they do Unleashed Rick McCallum next...that'd be something to see.

Anyone see the new package Unleashed Slave Leia yet? I gotta get that figure, missed it first time around.

I don't have Leia either. I thought she was supposed to ship with the Emperor and Luke, but apparently that's not happening?

When will Leia ship? She was the greatest short-ship in the Unleashed Line!

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
I don't have Leia either. I thought she was supposed to ship with the Emperor and Luke, but apparently that's not happening?

When will Leia ship? She was the greatest short-ship in the Unleashed Line!The Emperor and Luke shipped 3 per in the last wave. The next wave will have 3 Leia's and 3 Obi's and is scheduled for this months release. EE has a set of 2 for per-order.

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Stormtrooper - hmmm. Cool no doubt, but from what scene? Tantive IV, the Death Star? Cloud City? Endor? Where do you guys want this figure to be from?

If it was up to me I'd have him on Cloud City standing over the carbon freezing pit with that yellow/orange hue being cast over his armor. The only picture I can find from that scene happens to be on a mug....but you get the picture. I always thought they looked coolest in that particular scene.

-Durge-
05-12-2004, 01:31 AM
The figures look awesome. Hopefully a Geonosian Warrior after the Stormtropper line.:)

JediTricks
05-12-2004, 08:18 PM
IG-88 I'd actually hoped for. The droid bounty hunter has never actually been shown in motion, truly exhibiting its articulation. Seeing IG in an action pose might truly give some insight into how this character moves in combat. We saw Iggy move in the SOTE video game, but it was not pretty.

bigbarada
05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
It took me a long time to warm up to this line; but the Unmasked Vader, Han Solo and Chewie Unleashed figures made me a huge fan of this series. Sidious looks really nice also.

The upcoming Tusken and Bossk look absolutely incredible! I'm not too concerned about Aayla since I no longer collect any Prequel merchandise, but she does look pretty nice.

I can't wait to see the Stormtrooper; but IG-88 has me a little concerned, it seems like this would be a very easy figure to screw up. He's either going to look really cool or really stupid.

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Man she looks great, but so do all the recards. Let me tell you, I'm very impressed with this line, especially with how much they cost.

Update!!!! Brian's Toys has the new Slave Leia in stock for a everyday low price of $39.99. What a deal!!! Obi is a steal at $19.99. Funny thing is both come 3 to a case, no short pack here. Way to go Brian.:ermm:

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 08:21 AM
You had to post Leia twice didnt ya? ;) :beard:

Turbowars
05-16-2004, 10:40 AM
LOL, yeah, but you can make the 2nd one bigger.

sith_killer_99
05-16-2004, 01:02 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I gotta say, I wasn't too big on the Unleashed line at first but it is proving to be an excellent line! Of course it helps that Hasbro has made some wise decisions on the new characters for the line!

The formula is simple Core Characters + Babes + Bounty Hunters + Babes + Troopers + Babes = Great line!

Oh yeah, and great sculpts, don't forget to use great sculpts!

Turbowars
05-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Love your formula, it makes perfect sense.lol

InsaneJediGirl
05-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Aayla this round looks like the only one worth getting to me.I cannot wait for Aurra Sing and the Stormtrooper next go around though :)

Tycho
05-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Wow! Princess Leia might be the only Unleashed I have to buy 2 of - one is worth keeping packaged. (actually the new Obi-Wan packaged looks good too, but I don't think I'm qualifying him the same way as my Princess!)

LEIA LOOKS GREAT!

Remember that episode of Friends? I think I'm going to go back to looking for a girlfriend who will wear that costume for me again.

So Leia - must buy.

Luke Hoth - SKIP
CloneTrooper - SKIP
Chewie - bought and is proudly displayed next to Han in my collection

Tusken Raider - probably will buy. Need to be particular about the paint.
Aayla Secura - probably will buy. She wasn't on the top of my want list, but...

(the babe forumla is definitely working)

Bossk - probably will buy and start a Bounty Hunters Unleashed Collection

IG-88 -ditto - since I really want my first Droid Unleashed, if IG is good, I'll get all the bounty hunters. If not, I really don't need any except my favorite Unleashed which I already have - Boba Fett - the best one they ever made yet!

Aurra Sing - she can "fight" my Aurra in my scene from "Ladies' Night at Club Outlander"

Stormtrooper - This one will be really dependent upon how cool he looks and where he's located.

Inspite of me not buying EVERY Unleashed, I love this line and I agree - I'm surprised but grateful that it's gone this far. In the past Unleashed has turned up a few of my favorite SW collectibles.

I was admiring my Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight just the other day...

Jayspawn
05-17-2004, 10:36 AM
All the upcoming figures look great! I'm personally excited about the Stormtrooper! I'm big on those. Doesnt matter from what scene (Bossk was never in a scene like that in the movies). Cant wait to see a picture.

tagmac
05-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, with IG-88 being announced, I think it's a safe bet who will be in the series after that one - Dengar! That'll complete the 4 main guys from ESB. Don't know if Zuckuss and 4-LOM will make the cut. Personally, I think Lando is long overdue. And I'd like to see the trio completed with C-3PO....having his head ripped off by an Ugnaught!

foopah
05-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm confused. Leia on a recard for $39.99 is a GOOD price? Or is that smiley supposed to be saying that realistically it isn't? Because......it isn't. And being a sculptor and lover of Star Wars, I think the Bossk line is truly turds in plastic. Makes me wonder how soon before AUnt Beru Unleashed? I hope they can put out better than this, otherwise my collection is done.

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm confused. Leia on a recard for $39.99 is a GOOD price? Or is that smiley supposed to be saying that realistically it isn't? Because......it isn't. It's called sarcasm
And being a sculptor and lover of Star Wars, I think the Bossk line is truly turds in plastic. Makes me wonder how soon before AUnt Beru Unleashed? I hope they can put out better than this, otherwise my collection is done.Bossk Line? Turds in Plastic? What do you expect for 15.99? What kind of Sculping do you do? You should come up with some better than Hasbro and show the world.

Reefer Shark
05-29-2004, 02:33 PM
LOL, you were right Turbo, people just don't understand your humor! lol ;)

I was actually just thinking about how great of a deal the unleashed line really is for a collectable of this nature (if you buy at SRP, that is). I mean, you pay $15 - $20 for an awesome unleashed figure. Or you can pay $50 for a 6" bust, or better yet, $80 for a 9" maquette. I'll stick with the unleashed... at least I can afford to be a completist with this line! I personally think they're the best thing Hasbro is producing at the moment.

Unleashed = more bang for your buck. :smoker:

foopah
05-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Well, just as you quoted me, I said I wasn't sure what you meant by it, which is why I was calling for classification. Because that price is just silly, and I was hoping you weren't serious.

As for the Bossk line, I just think that there is something completely off in Bossk's face, I Think the Aayla figure's pose is really ridiculous, plus the character to me doesn't really warrant a figure when there are better characters to be made, and I think Tusken Raider could have come out much later, when they are running out of ideas. Many more popular, and better looking, characters they could have done in this line/series.

It isn't a question of the sculpting, but the posing and characters.

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 04:12 PM
LOL, you were right Turbo, people just don't understand your humor! lol ;)

LOL, well he has to get to know my Smart @ss ways.:Ogre:

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Well, just as you quoted me, I said I wasn't sure what you meant by it, which is why I was calling for classification. Because that price is just silly, and I was hoping you weren't serious.

.I'm not very serious around here mostly because there's a few here that are so uptight.(that's why I have a FINE PRINT in my signature) Besides Hasbro doesn't take us seriously anyways.

Show us some of your sculpting?

Bobby Fett
05-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Unleashed = more bang for your buck.

I agree with Reefer Shark - for the price of three 3 3/4" figures you get a heck of a lot more.

Now, if I could get the local stores to carry something besides Luke and Sidious!

sith_killer_99
05-29-2004, 04:57 PM
I agree with Reefer Shark too, people just don't get Turbo's humor. :p LoL

Some people! :Pirate: ;)

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm just so misunderstood :cry: HeHe

foopah
05-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Don't worry, I am sure you are still loved!

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Misunderstood? I get ya. Its gall good in this game. AGnd yes we still love ya.

We = me and my silver R2 :beard:

Agent23
06-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Well the Star Wars unleashed line has helped me re-discover my childhood love for Star Wars. These figures are awesome. I bought 6 yesterday:

Anakin Skywalker
Padme Amidala
Darth Sydious
Han Solo
Jango Fett
Bobba Fett

Bobba Fett is my favorite so far. Awesome piece. I opened all of them, and display them.

I also have coming:

Darth Vader (removable helmets)
Slave Leia (hubba hubba :kiss: )
Obi-Wan Kenobi

The new ones look great as well, really looking forward to IG-88 and Stormtrooper. The Unleashed line is excellent.

Reefer Shark
06-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the world of the Unleashed Agent23!

This line is the best thing Hasbro is currently doing IMO.

BlueSnags
06-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Anybody find the Slave Leia/Obi-Wan wave at TRU yet?

Agent23
06-03-2004, 11:16 AM
No, but I know a site that has the set 2 for $27.95 with free s/h right now.

PM me for details.

BlueSnags
06-07-2004, 03:18 PM
No, but I know a site that has the set 2 for $27.95 with free s/h right now.

PM me for details.

You have a PM!

hellboy73
06-27-2004, 12:49 PM
I posted these pics on another thread, but I thought they would be appropriate here as well. Clone Trooper red variant that i purchased at Disneyland yesterday!

Beast
06-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Carded pics of Tusken Raider, Aayla Secura, and Bossk. Look really nice. I like the Bounty Hunters idea. I hope they do all of them. :)

http://tw.f2.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b14914518?aucview=search

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 05:20 PM
I think that all Unleashed figures are cool, I would like to see EU characters Unleashed, for example Admiral Thrawn, Prince Xizor, Mara Jade or Kyle Katarn.