PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Unleashed Figure Poll

Hellboy
05-11-2004, 07:08 PM
I thought it would be fun to see which Unleashed figure is the favorite among us here at SSG. So I'm going to conduct a poll similar to the Wave by Wave polls in the Saga section which were started first by Tycho and then later continued by Jaff and TheDarthVader.

Please vote only for the choices listed as these will be presented and voted on in order of release and in their respective waves. Since the amount of figures released is rather small this poll could move rather fast. So in an effort to get the most votes possible I will post a new wave once a week unless I notice activity has come to a standstill. Unlike the Wave by Wave poll the voting will remain open on all waves until the first run-off. So feel free to cast your votes on past waves even if you weren't part of the poll from the beginning. Have fun and vote away. :)

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 1:

-Darth Maul
-Jango and Boba Fett

I wasn't to thrilled about these when they first came out and to this day feel they are 2 of the weaker entries in the Unleashed series. While I didn't think Maul was as ridiculous as those of you who refer to him as "Ballerina Maul," I did feel Jango and Boba Fett were better representations of the characters so they get my vote.

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Jango and Boba

Nice set, looks better without Boba though. The base is awesome, I love the water effect.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-12-2004, 03:16 AM
J and B as well

the maul's cloak was WAYYYYYYYY too woooooshy!

Kidhuman
05-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Jango and Boba. LOved that one.

Silent Chazz
05-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Put me down for Jango and Boba Fett. To this day I still do not have, nor want, the Unleashed Darth Maul. His pose is too weird for my likes.

Reefer Shark
05-12-2004, 12:13 PM
I actually like the Maul better. The Jango one is cool too, but for some reason I was really attracted to the Maul when I first saw it. Mabye it was all that extra detail... I dunno.

The Maul seems much more "unleashed" to me anyways.

Beast
05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Gotta go with Jango and Boba, for sure. It's a much more intresting set, then the nearly all black Maul, and his ballerina pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

angellus
05-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I always thought the Darth Maul looked cool, even though her looked like a ballerina. The Jango Fett is nice but I never cared for Boba Fett being included in the set. I don't own either of these anymore since my prequel purge, but if I had to choose I'd say the Darth Maul is the better of the two.

Hellboy
05-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Unleashed Wave 1--voting still open

-Darth Maul--2 votes
-Jango and Boba Fett--6 votes

You can continue to vote for Wave 1 if you haven't yet but in the meantime lets move on to Wave 2.

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 2:

-Anakin Skywalker
-Padme Amidala
-Darth Vader

I think all 3 of these figures could've benefited from a better pose but Anakin's was one of the worst in the line so far IMO. Padme was decent even if her chain seemed a bit more unleashed than her pose was. Darth Vader was nice but I would've liked to have seen something from the duel with Luke in ROTJ rather than the Cloud City "I am your father" pose. Out of all 3 I really only found myself interested in Darth Vader this wave so he gets my vote.

Kidhuman
05-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Vader. I never saw these except for pictures.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Put me down for Vader. It was the first Unleashed figure I bought and love it to this day! Ani and Padme' clogged pegs around here for a little while, especially Padme'!

Silent Chazz
05-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Put me down for Vader too. I DO like the Padme, but Vader is better imo. Anakin I never bothered with.

Kidhuman
05-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Put me down for Vader. It was the first Unleashed figure I bought and love it to this day! Ani and Padme' clogged pegs around here for a little while, especially Padme'!

Padme pegwarmed? I thought she was HTF according to Ebay!! :crazed: :beard:

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Padme pegwarmed? I thought she was HTF according to Ebay!! :crazed: :beard: I just bought one for like 75 bucks from E-bay. I thought they were rare, I mean that's what the seller said and they never lie. Why do you use the :crazed: face. You think I'm crazy? I'll show you crazy, remember I have your address.:evil: :D :D

Oh and I vote for Padme. I think she's great and I got the rare nippley one.:p

Deoxyribonucleic
05-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Darth Vader for sure!

dr_evazan22
05-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Put me down for Jango and Boba also. This figure / sculpture doesn't ring true for me tho. Boba was made in such a way that it looks like he is reaching for something, like Jango was not so much protecting him, but taking him away from some one/thing he wanted to be with.

Put me down for Vader. It was the first Unleashed figure I bought and love it to this day!

Ditto, my first Unleashed as well!

Jayspawn
05-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Vader is my favorite! Just looks the coolest too! :evil:

Hellboy
05-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Unleashed Wave 1--voting still open

-Darth Maul--2 votes
-Jango and Boba Fett--7 votes

Unleashed Wave 2--voting still open

-Anakin Skywalker--0 votes
-Padme Amidala--1 vote
-Darth Vader--7 votes

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 3:

-Darth Tyranus
-Mace Windu

For me this is where the line started to really heat up. I loved both of these and picking a favorite isn't easy but I'll go with Darth Tyranus. Mace was great but the ability to change Tyranus's hand from holding his saber to throwing lightning makes him a standout because he isn't limited to only one pose.

sith_killer_99
05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Wave 3 Darth Tyranus

Turbowars
05-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Tyranus all the way

TheDarthVader
05-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and (YEP!) Darth Tyranus. Got a problem with those votes? I didn't think so! :)

Reefer Shark
05-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Wave two:
Anakin - I dig the action pose, seems truly unleashed to me with him stomping on the droid and all. I also like the fact that you get two alternate left hands.

This was a tough one for me between Vader and Anakin, but Vader seems too small to me. He just looks underscaled when standing next to the other ones, Vader should tower above the others (except Chewie). Great sculpt though.

-------------
Wave three:
Tyranus is the man!

WisconsinSolo
05-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Wave 1-Neither enticed me to purchase them but if I had to pick I'd go with Jango although li'l Boba is really annoying

Wave 2-Padme,gotta go with the RARE perkiness although Vader is pretty awesome

Wave 3-Going with Mace on this one,the burning robe is what does it for me

Kidhuman
05-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Tyranus is good.

Turbowars
05-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Wave 2-Padme,gotta go with the RARE perkiness although Vader is pretty awesome

You know the RARE perkiness is BS right?:p

Silent Chazz
05-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Darth Tyranus gets my vote.

"Impressive. Most Impressive." as Vader would say.

WisconsinSolo
05-23-2004, 08:08 PM
You know the RARE perkiness is BS right?:p

It is?? But but I would have sworn...oh ok you win.Hehe.

Tycho
05-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Let me get in on this voting! I love the Unleashed!

My first vote is for Jango Fett w. Boba. I too love the rain effect and the severe "I'm going to shoot the hell out of something" pose he's in. I wish Obi-Wan had also been made from Kamino, all wet and impassioned in his mission to bring Jango down!

My next vote is for Anakin Skywalker. In my opinion, he still one of the very best Unleashed ever made. He used to be my favorite until a recent wave hit. I love him kicking the droid down while sporting his wild look of rage and 2 lightsabers! This was a superior figure and beats the non-action poses of the other 2 in his wave!

The final vote called for so far is a bit tougher. The Unleashed were getting better and better as these 2 hit the pegs (and flew off of them). I have to say that Darth Tyranus' versitality gives him the edge over Mace's flames. I really dig that Mace figure though - but a lightsaber or dark side lightning? I display my Tyranus fighting my Yoda with his lightning blasting the little Jedi warrior!

Jango
Anakin
Tyranus

So far...

2-1B
05-24-2004, 02:14 AM
1) Darth Maul
2) Padme Amidala
3) Mace Windu

Bossk gets my vote for whatever wave he is going to be in.

jedi master sal
05-24-2004, 12:36 PM
My vote go for:

Unleashed Wave 1
Jango and Boba Fett

Unleashed Wave 2--voting still open
Anakin Skywalker

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 3:
Darth Tyranus

I'll go further to say that ese are my choices for all of the other waves:

Unleashed Wave 4
Slave Leia (even though I never found this, I saw it in person and she looks awesome, IMHO)

Unleashed Wave 5
Darth Sidious-while Obi-wan looks regal, I just can't get over the pure evil that is Sidious

Unleashed Wave 6
Boba Fett---I really like Yoda, but the colors and jetpack/Sarlaac effect go above and beyond the others, IMO.

Unleashed Wave 7
Clone---Chewie looks cool but it does seem as if he was blasted with a huge hair dryer. (Maybe that explains his P.O.ed look...ha ha) Also, it's cool that there was a "chase" figure for the clone. Glad I got one of each even if the bubble on the white one was a bit crushed.

Unleashed Wave 8
Okay so these are recards, so I'm only basing this on the card alone. Still gotta go with Sidious. It fits the most with the character.

Unleashed Wave 9
Leia-same reason as Wave 8

Unleashed Wave 10
Aayla---true these aren't out yet, but from every pic I've seen, Aayla rocks. Bossk will obviously be a favorite, but there's something about a Twi'Lek in leather.....ha ha

Unleashed Wave 11-these aren't out yet and so far as I know pics haven't even been released as of this post, but from previous sculpts, I'd say either Aurra or the Stormtrooper. I am very curious how they're going to make an "Unleashed" look to a rather stagnant looking droid like IG-88. If the Stormie is made in the same pose as the clone trooper that would be kinda cool. I'm betting Aurra will look the best though.

El Chuxter
05-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Wave 1: Jango. I like Maul, but Jango's a nicer figure.

Wave 2: Vader. Not that the others aren't bad, but it's Vader. And he's cool.

Wave 3: Count Dookie. Mace is awesome, but on display, he looks too short. And Dookie is the mack daddy of all Unleashed figures thus far.

Hellboy
05-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Well Its time for our first run-off to determine which Unleashed figure from the first 3 Waves should make it to the finals. Here is how the votes stacked up.

Unleashed Wave 1--voting closed

-Darth Maul--4 votes
-Jango and Boba Fett--11 votes

Unleashed Wave 2--voting closed

-Anakin Skywalker--3 votes
-Padme Amidala--2votes
-Darth Vader--9 votes

Unleashed Wave 3--voting closed

-Mace Windu--2 votes
-Darth Tyranus--10 votes

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure in the run-off

-Jango and Boba Fett
-Darth Vader
-Darth Tyranus

Well it seems the villains rule this poll so far. This is a pretty easy decision for myself, I'm voting for Darth Tyranus.

Turbowars
05-25-2004, 06:21 PM
This is a tuffy one for me. I love the Vader, but he's really not 'Unleashed". So since that's how I'm basing my vote, I guess Darth Tyranus wins.

Tycho
05-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Darth Tyranus for sure!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Darth Vader all the way! :)

El Chuxter
05-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm going with Dookie again. Just one helluva figure.

Reefer Shark
05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Count me in for Tyranus too.

tagmac
05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Well, I know voting is closed, but I'm late to this thread, so I'll say mine anyway. :classic:

Wave 1 - although Maul is my favorite character, I've gotta go with Jango/Boba here.
Wave 2 - Padme
Wave 3 - Darth Tyranus

My fave of all three waves - Darth Tyranus!! Bought two of them because both poses looked great.

sith_killer_99
05-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Who closed the voting?

My overall vote goes to Darth Vader!

Are we gonna vote past wave 3?

Hellboy
05-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Who closed the voting?

My overall vote goes to Darth Vader!

Are we gonna vote past wave 3?

Voting is only closed on the three previous waves. The three winners made it to the Wave 1-3 run-off sith killer, so your vote for Vader will count and the winner will be in the finals. The run-off's will stay open until we reach the finals in case anyone joins late and would like to add their vote.

Wave 1-3 Run-Off--voting open

-Jango and Boba Fett--0 votes
-Darth Vader--2 votes
-Darth Tyranus--6 votes

Lets go ahead and move on to the next Wave.

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 4:

-Princess Leia
-Darth Vader w/ removable helmet

Both of these were incredibly difficult to find at retail for most people. I like both of them but since Vader never appeared in a fighting pose with his helmet removed in the films I always thought this figure looked a bit strange. Princess Leia on the other hand was pretty unique and who doesn't like that outfit. She gets my vote.

sith_killer_99
05-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Wave 4 is a tough one, the most difficult by far. I will go with Leia on this one. :D

Reefer Shark
05-28-2004, 11:15 PM
As much as I like the Vader, it's just a re-hash of the 1st version. I like the swappable head feature, but like the 1st Vader, it's still too small IMO.

My vote goes to Leia.

Silent Chazz
05-29-2004, 12:09 AM
I'll vote for Darth Vader in the run-off and Leia in the current wave.

Tycho
05-29-2004, 01:56 AM
I won't dance around this poll ;) - my vote goes to Princess Leia.

Sexy and sultry at the same time. She was done right. Nice skiff for a base.

And Vader being a rehash with few new qualities (even though the Anakin head was a major change) didn't inspire me.

While I've never voted for either Unleashed Vader, don't get me wrong. I do like them and I really like Darth Vader.

These products didn't tempt me as much: I deliberately do not own this 2nd Darth Vader version. It was the first Unleashed I turned down and knowingly used in my decision to not become an Unleashed completist.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Princess Leia of course.

but that darth with removable helmet is very, very close!

Hellboy
06-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Looks like Tyranus still has a slight lead in the run-off but Vader is hanging in there. While the clear favorite from Wave 4 appears to be Leia. Keep voting if you haven't already, all polls are still open.

Unleashed Wave 1-3 Run-Off--voting open

-Darth Vader--3 votes
-Darth Tyranus--6 votes

Unleashed Wave 4--voting open

-Princess Leia--7 votes
-Darth Vader w/ removable helmet--0 votes

Onto the next Wave...

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 5:

-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
-Darth Sidious
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

This was the first assortment to sport the updated packaging that is being used today and probably the strongest wave in our poll so far. I love all of them and must admit my favorite has changed from time to time but to me Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight really sums up what this line is all about.

Turbowars
06-01-2004, 07:33 PM
-Darth Sidious gets my vote! The scupting is superb and is lives up to the lines name, Unleashed.

Tycho
06-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Luke Skywalker, but Sidious gave him a run for his money.

Still I wish we had a 12" or 3 3/4" Luke that even came close to this quality!

LUKE SKYWALKER! All the way!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Luke Skywalker

this is a really nice sculpt! and colorful too! ooooooooooooo

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 11:54 PM
For me, it's a tough decision between Obi-Wan and Sidious, but Sidious gets my vote. He seems more unleashed, plus you gotta love those swappable arms!

sith_killer_99
06-02-2004, 12:39 AM
I didn't really care for any of the figs from this wave, but if I have to vote I would go with Jedi Luke.

Hellboy
06-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Unleashed Wave 5--voting open

Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight--4 votes
Darth Sidious--3 votes
Obi-Wan Kenobi--0 votes

Well I'm pretty surprised Obi-Wan hasn't received any votes yet but regardless this is turning out to be a tight race between Sidious and Luke. Hopefully we can get a few more votes in so we have a solid winner. Remember if you haven't participated in this poll from the beginning please vote on the last few open waves. The more votes the better.

In the meantime lets move on to the next wave.

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 6:

-Yoda
-Han Solo
-Boba Fett

As much as I love this Boba Fett I think Han Solo is simply amazing. This pose really captures the essence of the character I think. Yoda just doesn't do it for me here but I still like him. As good as an Unleashed Yoda can be I suppose but nothing compared to the other 2 candidates in this wave.

Turbowars
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Han's cool and Yoda is too, but that Unleashed Fett is just bad @ss!!

Reefer Shark
06-03-2004, 10:03 PM
This is another tough one for me. Seems like the unleashed just get better and better, makes it hard to decide!

While I love all three, it was a tough one between Solo and Fett. Boba Fett wins it out for me. I Dig the Sarlac Pit base, plus the fact that you can add lights to make it look better give it points.

Gotta give props to Yoda too, it's another great unleashed. Hasbro showed some real creativity with the clear "jumping motion" stand. Well done IMO.

btw:
Nice job on the poll Hellboy!

Tycho
06-03-2004, 10:12 PM
I agree. This poll's a lot of fun - especially since the Unleashed line is just so good!

I have to Vote Boba Fett here. As it stands, he is my favorite Unleashed ever made - he is so cool. And I am NOT a Fett-fan. It's just the sarlaac, the motion captured by the sculpt, the fire, the flight, and the fact that he still smells good like when he was new, fresh out of the package - Fett's the man!

I agree that this wave was the best wave ever: Han and Yoda are both amazing and rank highly for me in priority of favorite Unleashed. But Fett takes the cake!

TheDarthVader
06-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I am going to vote for Darth Sidious and Han Solo.

sith_killer_99
06-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Boba Fett...no contest.

I didn't really like the face sculpt on the Han and the Yoda was just a little too unleashed. :D

dr_evazan22
06-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks Hellboy!

For the last wave I 'll take Obi.

No, wait. LOL The Leia fig. Very sexy. i was thinking she would be coming up later. I've never seen this one around tho, would definitely have purchased it. I did get Obi tho.

From the next wave, the fig's aren't bad, but they don't erally excite me.

Rocketboy
06-03-2004, 11:58 PM
It's about time I jump in here...

Wave 1 - Didn't really like either, but I'll go with Jango and Boba Fett - better than Darth Ballerina

Wave 2 - tough one...I have the Padme (who knew Geonosis was so cold?), but not the Vader. I only saw Vader once in the stores. I'll go with Vader because he's such a great character and in a great pose.

Wave 3 - Saw both of these in stores once also, so I had to look 'em up online. I think I like the Mace better.

Wave 4 - Leia, because the Vader is more or less the same as the first one.

Wave 5 - I really hate the long lightsaber trails so Luke is out. Palpatine is cool, but he's too active in that pose for me. Obi-wan gets the vote - I just think he looks really cool in his pose.

Wave 6 - tough call btween Han and Boba. The Yoda is boring. Even though I'm not the biggest Fett fan, this an amazing Unleashed (plus, the cool lighting effects you can make - see other thread). Han is also really cool, but I don't like the partial ramp. The poles look goofy and detract from it as a whole. Boba Fett gets the vote.

Kidhuman
06-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Boba Fett and Obi-Wan for the last two waves.

Hellboy
06-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Here are how the current polls are stacking up....

**The winner moves to the finals**

-Darth Vader--3 votes
-Darth Tyranus--6 votes

Unleashed Wave 4--voting still open

-Princess Leia--9 votes
-Darth Vader--0 votes

Unleashed Wave 5--voting still open

-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight--4 votes
-Darth Sidious--4 votes
-Obi-Wan Kenobi--3 votes

Unleashed Wave 6--voting still open

-Han Solo--2 votes
-Boba Fett--7 votes
-Yoda--0 votes

I'll be out of town for the weekend so I'll start the Wave 4-6 run-off on Monday. Hopefully by then we will have a winner in Wave 5 which is now tied between Luke and Sidious with Obi-Wan just a vote behind.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Wave 6: I'm voting for Boba Fett!

a marvelous piece of plastic :)

WisconsinSolo
06-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Wave 5-Luke Jedi
Wave 6-Boba Fett

tagmac
06-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Wave 4 - Leia
Wave 5 - Sidious
Wave 6 - Boba Fett

Hellboy
06-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Its now time for our second run-off to determine which figure will make it into the finals and because Wave 5 ended up in a tie I've decided to move both figures forward. Here is how the votes stacked up.

Unleashed Wave 4--voting closed

-Princess Leia--10 votes
-Darth Vader--0 votes

Unleashed Wave 5--voting closed

-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight--5 votes
-Darth Sidious--5 votes
-Obi-Wan--3 votes

Unleashed Wave 6--voting closed

-Han Solo--3 votes
-Boba Fett--10 votes
-Yoda--0 votes

Who is your favorite figure in the second run-off

-Princess Leia
-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
-Darth Sidious
-Boba Fett

*Also when voting please let me know if you think we should vote on the as of yet unreleased Wave 10 (waves 8 & 9 were just recards in case anybody was wondering) that includes Bossk, Aayla Secura and the Tusken Raider. The main reason I ask is you really don't need to have these figures/statues "in hand" to appreciate them and its not like they have any noteable articulation that enhance them once open. I could go either way but thought throwing them in the mix might be fun so I'll let you guys, and gal ;) decide.

As for my vote in the run-off, I'll go with Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight.

sith_killer_99
06-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Again, this is a tough one! Leia or Fett?!?!?! How to decide??? :confused:

Well, I have to go with...

Leia!

:D But Fett was a close second. ;)

DarthBrandon
06-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Voting for:

Boba Fett

Turbowars
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Well since we are voting for an Unleashed figure, I'll go with Boba. If it was for a sexy go go dancing chick, it would be Leia.lol

Rocketboy
06-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Fett!

As for Wave 10 (Bossk, Aayla Secura and the Tusken Raider), sure! I know I've seen Bossk and Aayla, but has there been a pic of the Tusken Raider?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Boba Fett!

Kidhuman
06-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Boba Fett with a :beard:

sith_killer_99
06-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Boba Fett didn't come with a :beard: !

;)

Kidhuman
06-08-2004, 12:22 PM
He should have.

Tycho
06-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Boba Fett for sure. He's my favorite Unleashed for all time so far.

TheDarthVader
06-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Darth Sidious is just an awesome unleashed figure. I am voting for him. There are only three unleashed figures that I own: Vader, Vader w. removable helmet, and Darth Sidious! :D

Turbowars
06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
But Hasbro says to collect them all. Why aren't you playing by the rules?:p

Reefer Shark
06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Heh heh... I tried to play by the rules, but Hasbro has sucked my checking account dry. Ha HA!!! :smoker:

I vote Boba Fett. He is, hands down, the best unleashed to date IMO.

As far as voting for future waves, it's hard for me without the figure in my hands. I like to check 'em out from different angles and crap. If I had to vote for wave 10 now, it would have to be Bossk. That could change when I actually have them in hand though.

Turbowars
06-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey do what you have to do to keep on collecting, Steal if you have to. Uncle Hasbro wont mind.

Hey I think we should vote on the Future Waves and when they come out we'll vote again to see how we all changed our warped minds.

Reefer Shark
06-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Hey do what you have to do to keep on collecting, Steal if you have to. Uncle Hasbro wont mind.

Hey I think we should vote on the Future Waves and when they come out we'll vote again to see how we all changed our warped minds.
Good idea! (both of 'em :evil: )

aceguide
06-09-2004, 04:54 PM
I only have 3 thus far: Han, Boba & Clone Trooper. I have seen a few others and passed on them. Still seeking Leah's hotness.

Of the three I have Han wins.

Hellboy
06-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Well it seems Fett is the clear favorite in our second run-off.

Unleashed Wave 4-6 Run-Off--voting open

-Princess Leia--1 vote
-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight--1 vote
-Darth Sidious--1 vote
-Boba Fett--7 votes

Lets move on to the next wave.

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 7

-Clone Trooper
-Chewbacca
-Luke Skywalker: Pilot

I love Luke and Chewy from this assortment but the Clone Tropper is just OK to me. I think my favorite would be Chewbacca but Luke is really detailed and cool looking so its a tough choice.

Turbowars
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
I know alot of people don't like this one, but I think Chewy is the best out of the set. The Clone and Luke are just boring. They are cool, but boring, so Chewy gets my vote.

Rocketboy
06-09-2004, 07:25 PM
I like the Chewie, but he looks terrified.
Clone Trooper.

Tycho
06-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Chewbacca for sure. This is one of the best Unleashed IMO. He does have a frightened rather than ferocious look on his face, but that might be from the scene from the Battle of Endor where he thinks: "Ewoks???!!!!"

Meanwhile, this is the 2nd time where I didn't want to buy the complete wave.

I won't buy Luke. He is squatting and unless the snow is brown underneathe him, I don't see a point to the pose he's in.

I won't buy the Clones. One is nearly stepping on the other one's balls. I can't ignore that. They could have been positioned differently.

These 2, plus the Vader with removeable helmet comprise the Unleashed I've turned down so far.

I might get Aayla if Aurra Sing has a lightsaber and the 2 could look like their classic battle in the comic books.

I might get Bossk (he is good) if IG-88 turns out ok and prompts me to start collecting the Bounty Hunters. I really want to see a great action-posed IG-88!

The Tusken (in examples I've seen) is painted too dark for my tastes. I love TR's but I might turn him down in this case.

The Stormtrooper? It all depends on how he looks. I'd like this one personally.

But so far, I might not be buying any future waves of Unleashed.

Besides, to me the line is best represented by the main characters.

I'd still like:

Qui-Gon
Lando
Padme/Panaka
Battle Droids of some sort
Snowtrooper
Scoutrooper
Han Carb / Leia Boussh
the Wampa Ice Creature
the Nexu
a Geonosian Warrior

Reefer Shark
06-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Im waffling between Chewy and the clone.

The clone is a really nice sculpt, and representation of the clone troopers IMO. Also, I like the red variant (glad they didn't do more colors though, that would've been a nightmare..). But.. he is a bit normal looking, doesn't seem unleashed to me.

Chewy on the other hand, is truly unleashed! Plus I like the articulated left arm. Very cool.

Chewy it is!

Hellboy
06-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Unleashed Wave 7--voting open

-Clone Trooper--2 votes
-Chewbacca--4 votes
-Luke Skywalker: Pilot--0 votes

*BTW if anyone notices why some of the votes don't seem to add up its because jedi master sal and Caesar voted on future waves on page 3 and I've been counting their votes.

So moving on...

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 10

-Bossk
-Tusken Raider
-Aayla Secura

To me Bossk appears to be the best of the group. I love the pose and expression because it exposes a side of the character that wasn't shown in the films. Aayla and the Tusken Raider look fantastic though.

For anyone who hasn't seen pictures of this wave follow the link below.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/05/news20040511.html

Kidhuman
06-12-2004, 09:28 AM
CLone Trooper is previous wave and Tusken for this wave.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 7

-Clone Trooper
-Chewbacca
-Luke Skywalker: Pilot

Luke Skywalker: Rebel Pilot
I think the chewie in this wave looks retarded, his eyes are wayyyyyy to close together!

Who is your favorite Unleashed figure from Wave 10

-Bossk
-Tusken Raider
-Aayla Secura

Tusken Raider for me.

Turbowars
06-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Bossk for now and Aayla later.

Tycho
06-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Aayla's grace is only matched by her determined passion.

The Tusken I had high hopes for and it's a great sculpt, but needs more tones of tan or a lighter hue for me to really appreciate.

Bossk is totally cool.

Aayla gets my vote.

And while I appreciate all of these, strange as it may seem, I might buy none of them.

I'll buy Aayla if Aurra Sing is done equally well.
I'll buy Bossk if IG-88 is done even better.

Time will tell.

Rocketboy
06-12-2004, 11:30 PM
The Tusken is pretty sweet, but who'd've thunk Bossk could be THAT cool?

mrpauldeeds
06-14-2004, 01:14 AM
well, i dont wanna sound dumb here....but i liked the Hoth Luke. and for series 10...ohhhh man the Bossk is the best hands down. i cant wait to get my hands on him. i wish unleashed was a little bit more unexpensive though. at almost 20 bucks a pop, man, i dont have that kind of money. BOSSK, he just looks soo cool.

Agent23
06-14-2004, 08:04 AM
I'll go with Chewbacca

and

Ayala.

I am really hoping IG-88 turns out to be real good.

BlueSnags
06-14-2004, 04:30 PM
I'll go with Slave Leia as the best

Hellboy
06-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Well its time for our third and final Run-Off before the finals.

Unleashed Wave 7--voting closed

-Clone Trooper--3 votes
-Chewbacca--5 votes
-Luke Skywalker: Rebel Pilot--2 votes

Unleashed Wave 10--voting closed

-Bossk--5 votes
-Aayla Secura--3 votes
-Tusken Raider--2 votes

Looks like Chewbacca and Bossk are moving ahead so...

Who is your favorite Unleashed Figure in the Wave 7&10 Run-Off

-Chewbacca
-Bossk

This is tough. I love both but for me Bossk is beyond cool looking so he gets my vote in the run-off.

I'll start the Finals on Sunday or Monday because I'll be out of town on vacation until then. In the meantime here are the standings from the first 2 run-off's and if you haven't voted in these already this is you last chance before the finals.

-Darth Vader--3 votes
-Darth Tyranus--6 votes

Unleashed Wave 4-6 Run-Off--voting open

-Princess Leia--2 votes
-Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight--1 vote
-Darth Sidious--1 vote
-Boba Fett--7 votes

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Its hard for me to vote Bossk, since he never did anything in the movie except stand there. It is basically an EU figure of him. On the other hand Chewy looks like he got stuck in a centrifuge for a few weeks. Someone snatch the vote that I am leaving open.

mastermatt24
06-16-2004, 02:42 PM
I like bossk and chewy, even though ive only seen pics... where do you guys find these????? My Wal Mart is just now getting in the repacks of leia and obi wan.. My Target doesnt even get them in any more. :cry:

Deoxyribonucleic
06-16-2004, 05:58 PM
for the series 7 & 10 (what happened to 8 & 9 or did numbers just start skipping and no one told me?) I'm voting for Bossk. He's very cool AND the chewie one scares me...it doesn't look like him at all :glasses:

Reefer Shark
06-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Series 8 & 9 were just the repack waves, I imagine that's why were not voting on 'em. They do have the great new packaging though, I could see MOC collectors mabye changing their minds on these based on the cool artwork.

I've only seen wave 7 in stores, no repacked Leia yet.

For wave 7/10 runoff, I really want to say Bossk, but I have a hard time voting on it when I dont have it in hand.

Tycho
06-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Chewie! For me it's all about the main characters that this line glorifies its best.

Not only that, but they did a great job.

Chewie is recognizeable even by my not-so-StarWars-cultured friends.

My first favorite SW character wins again!

stillakid
06-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Chewie! For me it's all about the main characters that this line glorifies its best.

Not only that, but they did a great job.

I agree. I don't make a habit out of buying this line of toys, but Chewy just looks cool. :cool: How could I resist?

Kidhuman
06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
How could I resist?

1. Slap your hand every time you reached for it.
2. Have your wife scream "Buy it and I'll divorce you"
3. Walk away in tears
4. Dont buy it.

Lazer Brain
06-17-2004, 04:18 PM
well, i have only yoda ,leia, and boba fett.

and my favorite is ..... boba fett, butt leia is a mighty pretty second.
later

stillakid
06-17-2004, 07:53 PM
1. Slap your hand every time you reached for it.
2. Have your wife scream "Buy it and I'll divorce you"
3. Walk away in tears
4. Dont buy it.

1 I haven't tried as such. 2 just might happen if this continues much longer. 3 I've done sans tears and 4 goes with 3.

Hellboy
06-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Well we didn't get as many votes as I'd anticipated in the final run-off to make it much of a contest but we've run out of figures to vote on and it is now time for the finals.

Who is your Favorite Unleashed Figure

-Darth Tyranus
-Boba Fett
-Bossk

I'm not as fond of Boba Fett as some of you are because I feel Fett escaping from the Sarlacc is basically EU material. That doesn't mean it isn't cool I just would've liked a figure that represented a scene that was actually in the films better. Bossk looks amazing but like Reefer Shark stated its tuff to pick him without having him in hand so out of the run-off winners present I'd have to say Darth Tyranus would be my favorite.

Agent23
06-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Given the final choices, I will give my vote for:

Boba Fett

Just one of my all-time fave characters' and love the piece.

Turbowars
06-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Fett, Boba Fett.

Kidhuman
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Boab Fett :beard: less version

Deoxyribonucleic
06-22-2004, 03:30 AM
Boba Fett...WHERE?

sith_killer_99
06-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Boba Fett! :Pirate:

Hellboy
07-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Well its no big surprise but the winner of the Favorite Unleashed Figure Poll is none other than.....

Boba Fett

After he dominated his respective wave it was no big surprise to see him walk away the overall winner.

Feel free to post any changes in your personal favorites in this thread as future waves roll out if you like. I'd definitely be interested to hear if anyone's opinion changes.

Thanks to everyone who partcapated in the poll I had fun running it. :)

Kidhuman
07-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Your Welcome. :beard: to Hellboy for running a smooth thread.

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Well I wasn't in the poll but I agree that Boba Fett is the best Unleashed figure.