PDA

View Full Version : Let the hand-held wars begin.

mrmiller
05-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Now we have heard of console wars for years, but since that time Nintendo has ruled the hand-held gaming marked. That might just change with Sony's new PSP. The pick of both systems are out now at E3- so take a peek and cast your early vote!

http://www.e3insider.com/index.htm

=MATT=

JediTricks
05-12-2004, 08:46 PM
How can Nintendo be serious about yet another new handheld?!? They're still recovering from the debacle stemming from GB Advance/GB Advance SP.

The PSP on the other hand looks as "nothing special" as you can get. Reminds me of Lynx, Game Gear, that portable Genesis handheld that bombed... dang I wish my TurboExpress was working.

Lord Malakite
05-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Funny thing is that the DS isn't the GBA's successor at all.

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Sega Nomad, that's the one I couldn't think of before, just came to me when I was about to reply here anyway.

Anyway, the DS may not be the successor to the GBA, but Nintendo is going to be hard pressed to convince the general US market of this, and if they fail to do so, I think it'll get perceived as a pointless item and a wasteful moneygrab.

James Boba Fettfield
05-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I thought that, too, before E3. Reaction has been very positive and I'll be surprised if this doesn't sell.

Just curious JT, what specific problems do you see with this product?

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Lack of sales, negative public opinion about the company, PR backlash that will hamper sales for GBA hardware and software (as if it needed more problems of this nature), Nintendo losing big money, stuff like that. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Nintendo could end up with another Virtual Boy fiasco.

BTW, is this supposed to remind us of the ol' Nintendo dual-screen Game & Watch or whatever they were called?

QLD
05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Honestly, I don't buy handhelds, because I never play games except when I am at home. S