PDA

View Full Version : Scissor Sisters...!!!!

JEDIpartner
05-12-2004, 09:57 AM
I just picked this up as an import release, which is totally stupid since these folks are from the States. Anyhow... I totally recommend this to anyone who is a fan of mid to late 70s music. Scissor Sisters sound like a great mix of Elton John, Supertramp, Steve Miller Band, Alan Parsons Project... and a bit of Pink Floyd.

If you want more Pink Floyd-type music, give King Black Acid a try. They are F**king awesome!!!

JEDIpartner
05-12-2004, 01:20 PM
...and Van Hunt if you like REAL old school R&B.

JEDIpartner
05-13-2004, 10:00 AM
...it shouldn't surprise me that no one here has any taste in "uncommon" musical offerings...

:rolleyes:

scruffziller
05-13-2004, 12:12 PM
I'll stick with my Jamiroquai.

evenflow
05-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Well If you are into Floyd, I say try Anathema's last 2 albums or Opeth's Latest release Damnation.

I don't know about the Scissor Sisters, but try Scissor Fight if you are into stoner rock or a band like Clutch. Also if you dont know Clutch check them out too.

arctangent
05-14-2004, 05:20 AM
anyone into that floyd/anathama/opeth style of music should also try and pick up the self-titled debut album from a new uk band called amplifier (get the digipak if you can - its got more songs on it) - they are absolutely superb!

evenflow
05-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Well I listened to the Scissor Sisters and I thought it was terrible. Sorry man. Way too electronic and poppy. I am putting their cover of Comfortably Numb is the worst covers post.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2004, 02:24 PM
U2 loves Scissor Sisters!! Asks band to support them on upcoming tour. Bono attends performance and asks to kiss Ana Matronic's ring!

APPRECIATE B*TCHES! :p

Dr Zoltar
08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Just heard them on the radio for the first time the other week. They are great! Hope I can find the CD and that it's not too expensive. Also heard another underground artist by the name of Jade and liked her stuff as well.

JEDIpartner
08-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Glad you liked the first single! VH-1's been all over the video for "Take Your Mama", which pleases me to no end.