PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for Unleashed figures

bigbarada
05-12-2004, 10:11 PM
As I stated in another thread, it took me a long time to really get into this series; but recently I have been considering collecting these figures exclusively. So here are some ideas for Unleashed figures that I hope we might see in the future, some are a little unorthodox, but I think they could still be done very well.

Barada, Nikto, Weequay and Klaatu - not all at once, but I would love to see some Unleashed versions of as many Skiff Guards as possible. That would also go for many of Jabba's Palace henchmen, like the Gamorreans; or even some of his dancers, like Oola or Yarna.

Biker Scout - putting him on an exploding Speeder Bike might seem like the most obvious choice, but I would rather have something that doesn't make him look like an incompetent boob.

TIE Fighter Pilot - at first he doesn't seem like a good choice for this line, but with a little creativity I think Hasbro could pull it off. Maybe having him climbing into the cockpit of a TIE Fighter during an emergency scramble. Or maybe not, does anybody else have an idea for this guy?

R2-D2 - The easiest choice would probably be to have R2 using his little rockets, similar to Yoda's "force effect."

Cantina aliens - lots of possibilities here: Ponda Baba, Greedo, Dr. Evazan, maybe even Hammerhead and the Duro

Ben Kenobi - might be a great compliment for an Unleashed Ponda Baba

Anyways,these are just some ideas, I'm sure you guys have more.

jedi master sal
05-13-2004, 09:52 AM
Here are some of my "hopefuls":

Lando (from ESB w/option of cloak of not)-Pose: running down hallway with blaster drawn?
Luke Hoth (as Hoth Rebel Commander not Pilot-that was a dumb idea IMHO)-Pose: him swiping at the Wampa
Snowtrooper Pose: Firing E-web Cannon
Leia (in white gown from ANH) Pose: shooting at Stormtroopers either from Tantive IV or Dentention Area (doesn't really matter)
GREEDO! While never seen in a dynamic pose-you'd have to be "Unleashed" to pull a blaster on Han Solo!
Jawas! Pose: Either one blasting R2 with energy bolt or a couple carrying R2 above them.
Tarkin (Okay sure he didn't have a dynamic pose either in the movies but just his mere presence evokes a certain evil aura.) Pose: Either sitting in chair or standing with arms folded behind back or holding a blaster.
Luke (Dagobah) Pose: acrobatic pose landing on tree branch with vine in one hand and Yoda in backpack!
Luke (Bespin) Pose: either pre Vader fight with blaster drawn or post fight with hand cut off holding onto vane (companion to the Vader Unleashed fig already released-this would complete that scene nicely)
Admiral Ackbar Pose: in chair given orders from Home-One bridge (weak but again never had a dynamic shot in the movies
Gamorrean Guard! Pose: any number of poses for this big boy. Weilding Axe is my fav.
Lando (Skiff Guard) either holding onto ropes to escape Sarlaac or at the controls of the Skiff-escaping from Jabba's Sail Barge
C-3PO (YES him) Pose: All messed up with wires all over the place when he was in the Falcon

Okay my head hurts. That's enough thinking for now-though there are more figures out there to think of.

-Sal

Hellboy
05-13-2004, 06:18 PM
If I could pick 3 from each film my choices would be as follows:

Episode I
-Gungan Warrior (Naboo Battle)
-Qui-Gon Jinn (Theed Hanger Duel)
-Destroyer Droid (with force field)

Episode II
-Kit Fisto (Arena Battle)
-Super Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
-Geonosian Warrior (Firing sonic blaster)

Episode IV
-Sandtrooper (Escape from Mos Eisley)
-Jawa w/R2-D2 (Firing EMP Blaster at R2)
-Ben Kenobi (Death Star Duel)

Episode V
-Snowtrooper
-Zuckuss
-Luke Skywalker (Cloud City Duel)

Episode VI
-Biker Scout
-Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard)
-Royal Guard

Kidhuman
05-13-2004, 08:00 PM
ANH:

Jawa
Ben Kenobi
Leia

ESB:

Lando
Boba Fett
Luke on Dagobah

ROTJ

Biker Scout
Ewok
Weequay

TPM

Qui Gon
Panaka
Tarpals

AOTC

Luminara(just enlarge her 3.74 figure)
Kit
Geo Warrior

Turbowars
05-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Yes and here's an Ewok concept drawing from a collector. I know it's somewhere in another thread, but it belongs here.

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 08:23 AM
I was gonna go look for that picture today, but ya beat me too it. LOve that picture.

evenflow
05-14-2004, 09:05 AM
I don't collect this line, but even I would like to see a Royal Guard.

jjreason
05-15-2004, 08:05 AM
I think a set of Zuckuss and 4-LOM on the hunt together would be a good piece.

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see,

Sandtrooper with that huge Concussion Grenade Cannon in some kind of shooting pose.
Snowtrooper getting all crazy in the snow
R2-D2 with all his arms extended and that blue electric field around him.
Royal Guard kicking some Royal ***. Maybe a little EU showing his armor underneath.
Leia Boushh, I just really like that outfit.
Ewoks and Scout is a perfect combo
Gam Guard with his ax over his head ready to slice and dice.
Skiff Lando with his Helmet in one hand and a blaster in the other. Either looking like a Mac daddy or is a shooting pose.
Concept trooper would be cool. I'd love one that is in the stance that McQuarrie drew him in
Bespin Like either hanging from the antenna or battling Vader.
The rest of the Bounty Hunters.

Kidhuman
05-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt mind also seeing the Rancor monster with some blood around his mouth. Some beasts and monsters would be cool to make.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, this thread seems strangely familiar. LOL

SK99's picks:

Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise
Han in Stormtrooper Disguise
Han Hoth with Lightsaber
IG-88
4-LOM
Dengar
Zuckuss

Clone Trooper Green
Clone Trooper Blue
Clone TRooper Yellow
Clone Pilot
Geo Warrior
Super Battle Droid
Battle Droid
Aurra Sing
Zam Wessell

I would like for Han and Luke Troopers to have removable helmets and be set in different poses. That way you can make it look like you have a squad of different Stormies!

Battle Droid
05-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Battle Droid (red & cream variation with rifle)
Commander Battle Droid (with binoculars & rifle)
Security Battle Droid (with rifle)
Super Battle Droid (Tycho's idea of an SBD knocking a standard BD out of it's way.)
Destroyer Droid (incased in a removable shield bubble, and with removable blast effects.)
Geonosian Warrior (with sonic gun)
Geonosian Picador on Orray
Wat Tambor (Boba Fett : A New Threat version)
General Grievous
General Obi-Wan Kenobi (in Clone trooper armor with removable helmet.)
Ben Kenobi

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 08:27 AM
A Geo warrior or Tusken w/ Masiff would be sweet.

sith_killer_99
05-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Be careful what you wish for! :D

It seems Hasbro will be producing 3 of the Unleashed figures from my above mentioned list!

Stormtrooper
IG-88
Aurra Sing

All are on their way!!! :alien:

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Be careful what you wish for! :D

In that case, I am wishng for Leia in Bousch outfit.

stillakid
05-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes and here's an Ewok concept drawing from a collector. I know it's somewhere in another thread, but it belongs here.

While I love this idea, I was thinking that an even better Biker Scout Unleashed might be seeing a Speeder Bike just a nanosecond before impacting completely into a redwood tree. We'd see the front vanes crushing into the trunk while the Scout would have his hands up over his eyes as he realized that it was going to hurt a bit.

If I could ever come up with another 12" Bike and Scout, it might be fun to put that together... :classic:

Rocketboy
05-29-2004, 10:27 PM
I see this thread hasn't been active for a few weeks, but I'll chime in anyway.

I would like to see some way for the Unleashed to connect and appear to interact yet still be incredible on their own.
For example, a Luke and Vader that would appear to be engaged in battle when placed side by side, but also look just as cool on their own. And they could still have the light trails they've been using, which would make it appear the lightsabers are about to hit hard.
It would be a challenge for Hasbro to accomplish this feature, but could look really cool. This could add a new dimension to the Unleashed and, if done well, increase sales.

Hope that made sense...

What does everyone else think?

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 12:22 AM
What a great idea. They could sell them as 2 packs as well and be a buck or 2 cheaper than buying them separate. They could make a Jedi battle a battle droid or a Clone with Super BD. Even if they made just one set, I love your idea about Luke and Vader.

Rocketboy
05-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Thanks! I'm glad someone else agreed.
Heck, they could even combine multiple ones to make diorama type things.

I think other cool ones could be:
TPM - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul
AOTC - Yoda and Dooku
EP3 - Obi-Wan and Anakin
ANH - Han, Chewie, Luke and Leia in the trahs compactor
ESB - The previously mentioned Luke and Vader
ROTJ - Luke and Jabba's Henchmen

The list could go on and on.
The larger sets (like the ANH idea) could be a single wave, while the smaller ones could have 2 sets per wave.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 12:46 AM
You know some people would say that Hasbro would be taking the same path that Mcfarlane has taken on their boxed sets. You know large pre-posed action figures with a base, because really that's what they would be and what the current Unleashed are anyways. Still a cool idea.

Reefer Shark
05-30-2004, 01:48 AM
I agree, some Unleashed multi-packs with interlocking bases would be very cool. I bet the packaging woud be sweet too.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Without A DOUBT a path Hasbro should venture down. It would look a heck of alot better that way. 2-packs or call them VS. packs

mm74md
06-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Ok, I'm the first to mention Jar Jar - don't slam me here.

I think that Jar Jar whipping the damaged Battle Droid arm around might be a cool looking figure. Another possibility would be Jar Jar whipping the Boomer Slingshot around.

Although I don't care for his lingo, I do love the way the character looks.

Turbowars
06-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Sorry, but you set yourself up. How about JarJar whipping you around?

See fine print.:)