PDA

View Full Version : Vader Hoth, Bib Fortuna, IG-88 on cardback checklist

Kidhuman
05-12-2004, 11:28 PM
All three of those and more confirmed on these checklists from the card backs. Plus pics of some figures as well.

Darth Mina
05-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Can't wait these figures are going to turn me into a MOC collector :sur:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-13-2004, 01:46 AM
thanks for the pics KH

I'm a tad, just a tad disappointed that they didn't redo the biker scout, but it's ok, he'll still look great on the card backs.

:Ogre:

LTBasker
05-13-2004, 04:11 AM
I hope Bib isn't a rehash. I assume IG-88 is though, considering he was so well done in the POTJ line, then reoffered in the BH 4-pack, what would the need be to do him again?

I hope we 4-LOM and Zuckuss sometime though, after Dengar and Bossk getting resculpts they shouldn't be far behind. (Hopefully..heh)

Wonder what Vader Hoth will look like? Vader holding his tongue out to catch snowflakes?

Beast
05-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Not bad choices, but there's some strange ones also. Hopefully they'll consider Ephant Mon worthy of recard also, for the folks that are still missing him. And the Imperial Sketchtrooper wouldn't be a bad idear either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
05-13-2004, 12:04 PM
I hope we 4-LOM and Zuckuss sometime though, after Dengar and Bossk getting resculpts they shouldn't be far behind. (Hopefully..heh)

I think the POTF2 versions were perfectly fine - even easier for Hasbro. Just recard them and make thousands happy.

dr_evazan22
05-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I hope Bib isn't a rehash. I assume IG-88 is though, considering he was so well done in the POTJ line, then reoffered in the BH 4-pack, what would the need be to do him again?

I'd like it if he were redone to a more appropirate height. If you look closely, IG is standing on a lower step then the rest of the BH's, and he is still taller then the others.

That would be the only reason I'd like him redone.

A question about the cardbacks... Do you guys know why some of the fig's names are in red and some not? Is it anything to do with new fig's vs rehashes?

dindae
05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
A question about the cardbacks... Do you guys know why some of the fig's names are in red and some not? Is it anything to do with new fig's vs rehashes?

Red is for imperials. Blue is for the rebels.

AmanaMatt
05-13-2004, 02:27 PM
I agree about IG-88 - the POTJ one is perfect in every way, except height. He should have been the same size as the classic Hasbro one.

dr_evazan22
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Red is for imperials. Blue is for the rebels.

D'oh!

Uh, ... I mean

D'uh!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2004, 04:45 PM
The ESB Vader looks like the POTJ Emperor's Wrath one, which is weird. I suppose he could be the one from the TRU 4-pack, which is a nice figure. It looks like Bib and the Gam Guard are rehashes, and the Leia is the Deluxe or Cup Set version (without the gun or cup). I think the snowtrooper's the saga one without the gun, which makes for better army building. I don't know if it's good or bad that there's three Vaders in this line, all in the same few months. The Tusken, Jawas, stormies, scouts, snowtroopers and Gamorreans will make for good army-building as they were originally released before I got into multiples.

Kidhuman
05-13-2004, 06:41 PM
3 Vaders in a few months....sounds like the old days. :beard:

At least one of the Vaders are new though

AmanaMatt
05-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Based on the checklist released on the Star Wars page, this will be a cheap year for collecting (for me). No new Bib, G.Guard or a few others I was hoping for. I will pick up the new ones for this year, but will pass on most of the carded. I mean, we already got 'em.

jedimarvin
05-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow, talk about a dissapointment. Why in the heck would Hasbro rerelease one of thier worst figures...ie...Bib Fortuna. When I first heard the knews, I assumed he would be a new sculpt sicne the first one sucked. So much for wishful thinking. Argghhh!! We get a new Darth Vader but we get a repack of one of the worst POTF figures???!!!

rust
05-13-2004, 09:58 PM
So, Swami was right about everything except Veers, one of the ONLY freakin things I wanted! Oh well, I can buy 8 Gam. Guards so I can have a complete troop.

Turbowars
05-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm surprised no one as whined about the fact that Logray is isn't coming with Wicket and Jedi Luke doesn't have his spiffy Cloak.

I guess I don't mind these re-releases because these will actually look better on card than the 1st release.

dindae
05-13-2004, 10:36 PM
38 figures. 31 recards ouch!

tagmac
05-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Looks like a cheap year for me with figures til the Ep. III waves start hitting. As an opener, there's way I'm getting all those re-cards just for the new cards. After the 4 Dagobah figs and the 3 Bespin ones, the rest would be a waste of both money and space for me.

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Well it did say on the ROTJ card back.....more to come, so Veers and some others might still be out tjere. Veers might be an all new sculpt if he was not listed or pictured as of yet.

jjreason
05-14-2004, 07:50 AM
That POTF2 Veers from the ATAT would compliment the scanning crew trooper perfectly - both not good enough for current release. With any luck they'll make Veers a new figure.

evenflow
05-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Honestly that is horrible. Its the same damn figures on new cards. I was expecting that they would be at least all new sculpts. That is just terrible in my opinion. I will not be buying any, saves me money.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-14-2004, 10:09 AM
I can't believe they even thought of rereleasing anything from the POTF2 line. almost all of those figures' sculpts are inferior to anything they do now...bib fortuna AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate that sculpt, he's the worst!

JEDIpartner
05-14-2004, 10:11 AM
In all honesty, I see their point to a certain degree but the fact that they have three Vaders... come on! Pick ONE good one and let's get on with it.

dindae
05-14-2004, 10:50 AM
I can't believe they even thought of rereleasing anything from the POTF2 line. almost all of those figures' sculpts are inferior to anything they do now...bib fortuna AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hate that sculpt, he's the worst!

Maybe they will recard R5-D4. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
05-14-2004, 10:57 AM

TOO funny! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

OMG, I can't wait!!

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 02:36 PM
I missed good old R5 the first go round. Hopefully they do recard him so I can see what a POS he really is.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Just for kicks, here is a comparison pic of the TRU 4-pack Vader and the Hoth OTC Vader. Even if it is a new Vader, I don't know how many more times they can reuse this old mold. Besides, in this tiny pic I can't really tell a difference.

badtaste
05-14-2004, 05:34 PM
The Vader below looks like the vader with cd-rom that was cancelled a few years ago. Look at his right-hand holding up to catch Han's blast fire

where is the Hoth Vader anyway???

what about the chewy, is he a re-hash too? I can't see

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Chewie is Mechanic Chewie I believe.

Darkness Shroud
05-15-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm quite disapointed. :(

JEDIpartner
05-15-2004, 10:13 AM
The fact that they don't give you a Chewie with a bowcaster is just mindboggling.

"Arrrrrrroooooo Ngarrrr Rfffffff..." (translation: I'm going to weld the Empire to death!")

mericen
05-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Here's hoping that maybe, just maybe they used the old Bib Fortuna for the pictures and we will still get a new sculpt. Sometimes Hasbro likes to do this so maybe this time will be the same. Maybe it will be the same for the Gammorean too. We can always hope so. Probably wont happen but it could.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2004, 03:13 PM
The fact that they don't give you a Chewie with a bowcaster is just mindboggling.

"Arrrrrrroooooo Ngarrrr Rfffffff..." (translation: I'm going to weld the Empire to death!")
Actually, I believe they decided to give this Chewie an old POTF2 bowcaster. That's what I heard, and I could be wrong, but he doesn't have anything in that picture anyway, so he could come with a number of things.

I wonder if other accessories will differ from the ones on that pic? Leia is shown with that small blaster there as well as on the HOF one, but she doesn't have that. I hope the Tusken Raider comes with a Gaffi stick instead, but I guess a blaster works too. I also hope the snowtrooper doesn't come with the cannon again as we already have three of those and a regular snowtrooper would be better for armies.

vadersvette
05-16-2004, 03:50 PM

If Re-Hashbro ever decides to make a new sculpt of R5-D4, I wonder what action feature they'll defacate onto him:rolleyes:

But seriously, I want the motivator to blow (have it like POTF2 R2s periscope)

Also, what Vader was repacked in the Imperial Forces set? :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-16-2004, 05:16 PM
If Re-Hashbro ever decides to make a new sculpt of R5-D4, I wonder what action feature they'll defacate onto him:rolleyes:

But seriously, I want the motivator to blow (have it like POTF2 R2s periscope)

Also, what Vader was repacked in the Imperial Forces set? :confused:
The Vader is a solid repaint of the POTJ Emperor's Wrath, without the glow-in-the-dark skull or lightning bolts and is opaque. It's really nice.

Bacta Beast
05-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I think the POTF2 versions were perfectly fine - even easier for Hasbro. Just recard them and make thousands happy.

I definetly would like a new 4-LOM, he could certainly be made better. And who knows, if the gave Zuckuss cloth goods that would be better also.

Bacta Beast
05-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Good lord, please tell me they're not going to re-release the same Bib -Fortuna again! :stupid: If Hasblo gets their heads any further up there rumps, they'll be able to look the dentist straight in the eye!!!! :eek:

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Good lord, please tell me they're not going to re-release the same Bib -Fortuna again! :stupid: If Hasblo gets their heads any further up there rumps, they'll be able to look the dentist straight in the eye!!!! :eek:

We could tell you that but we'd be lying. :beard:

Bacta Beast
05-16-2004, 05:45 PM
:confused: Awww c'mon, lie to me, lie to me!!

I've seen a couple of fake plot outlines, and I've seen a few thing on hyperspace. But you guys are naming places, characters, and events that I've didn't even know about! :crazed:

sith_killer_99
05-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know why the Biker Scout is listed twice on the check list?

Yeah, I said the same thing about Bossk and Dengar, then I held them up next to the POTF2 versions and WOW!

Here's to hoping we get new re-sculpts of 4-LOM and Zuckuss! :D

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 09:10 PM
MAybe the clean and Dirty versions are being released of him.

Silent Chazz
05-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Um, the recent release of the poster that shows all 38 figures has the Gammorean Guard in place of the second listed Biker Scout.

dindae
05-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I'm sure they will put out a dirty version biker scout as well. Why, because thats more money I will spend for a figure I already have. Maybe this is like an intervention from Hasbro to get rid off their completist. Maybe they are trying to help me get rid of my sickness. Hasbro does care right? I'm not just imagining that am I? :crazed:

JEDIpartner
05-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Actually, I believe they decided to give this Chewie an old POTF2 bowcaster. That's what I heard, and I could be wrong, but he doesn't have anything in that picture anyway, so he could come with a number of things.
I'd love to believe that but he is listed as "Chewbacca with welding gun" under the ESB heading. Sad.