PDA

View Full Version : My collection

RobertDD
05-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone,

When I left Holland and came to the USA I packed up my collection in boxes. It took me close to two years to unpack and organize everything, and Siqnus' site was invaluable determining which figures go where (I should have packed those up with a little more foresight). Anyways, I finally have my Star Wars case set up, it fits my entire collection (barely). The collection consists of every Action Fleet ever produced and sold (so no Boles Roor's podracer, etc), including every variation in paint or mold, taken out of the box (these are toys, they need to be touched and loved, go see Toy Story!) with the exception of the following three:
- Tie interceptor dark blue variation
- Alpha X-Wing with white rings
- Alpha Snowspeeder with long guns on proto and paint differences on snowspeeder

If a forumite is interested in helping me to these that would be greatly appreciated, I have some interesting stuff double (not in the case) to trade.

Anyway, that is not why I am posting, I just wanted to share the pic. :)

RobertDD
05-13-2004, 10:38 AM
This is just about my favorite level, Tatooine. Especially the market is just about the busiest place in the universe. I couldn't resist taking a close(r) up of it to post here. Of course, it doesn't do it justice at all (it sure isn't wide enough to show all the detail), but it'll have to do.

RobertDD
05-13-2004, 02:54 PM
OK, I wasn't gonna post any more pics, but I couldn't resist picking up the camera and making a few more. Here's another view of Tatooine and one of Hoth. I didn't realize how many variations of at-at's there were until I set them all up next to eachother and found out that they exclusively filled out that side of the Hoth level. The other side has only Snowspeeders, another craft that has too many variations (and I still "need" one).

Part of me really wishes that we get some new ep III Action Fleet, but another part of me is looking at my case and wonders where to put 'em...

JediTricks
05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Very cool collection. I can't imagine collecting every paint variant, heck, I didn't even know my Series Alpha Snowspeeder was the rare version so I chopped off the landing gear holder. :D I'm afraid I don't have any extras of those you need, but best of luck tracking down your missing pieces.

sergiurusu
05-14-2004, 03:48 AM
GREAT collection!! And you must have lots of patinece to put them all together like that and collect every paint variant. Wow

r2dee2
05-14-2004, 02:58 PM
RobertDD, great to see your collection :) :D !! I seem to remember you are one of the few others that have that 3 button remote control AT-AT, right ? :D :cool:

Sorry I can't help you out with those last three you need at the moment, but to help clarify (not that those who regularly post HERE at SSG forums need it), in case someone can help, you need the first SA Snowpeeder (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/seriesalphasnowspeederloosewithfigures_9words.jpg) ,
White SA X-Wing (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/seriesalphawhitecompare_7lines.jpg) and the dark blue first released AF TIE Interceptor (I don't have a good pic, but you can find one on SICQNUS great site (http://www.sicqnus.com/).

Good luck in your quests and once again, great collection!!

RobertDD
05-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Thanx everyone for your kind remarks.
R2, I am one of the few with that elusive three button remote at-at (hence my avatar). Thank you for posting those links for clarification, too.
Another great piece in my collection is the protofigure of George Lucas as Tie Fighter pilot. If anyone is still wondering whether that fig was supposed to be GL (which is not at all appearant from the regular production piece), click on my profile and view the close-up of the proto. The likeness is absolutely stunning. As soon as I get to the 101 posts that pic will be my avatar (but that'll take a couple more years at the rate I post here, lol)

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I am not a MM collector but that is one hell of a collection. Kudos to you for your variation hunting.

RobertDD
05-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Again, thanx everyone for all the oohs and ahs. I decided to post a few more pics. First one is the AT-AT with the three button remote. The second one shows the top of the case, which has the Lego's Star Destroyer proudly displayed. Now, I know it is not a Lego forum here (and I'm no Lego's collector), but c'mon, this is a super cool model, and since they keep cancelling the AF Star Destroyer I needed an alternative, lol

Kidhuman
05-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Dude, that ISD is awesome. I have to get me one of those.

JediTricks
05-16-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm gonna have nightmares about that red-eyehole Lucas AF minifig. :eek: ;)

RobertDD
05-17-2004, 08:12 AM
You have to keep in mind that GL's head is only about 1/4 inch high, so those red eyeholes really look like sunglasses and the fact that the painter couldn't stay within the lines really isn't even visible with the naked eye.

JediTricks
05-17-2004, 08:36 PM
I guess this is one of those things that doesn't translate well to photo.

Warstar
05-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I think I can help you with the Alpha Snowspeeder, Robert DD- and the white-ringed X-Wing. Last I knew I have both the variants you need.

I think, however, that out of all my Action Fleets, the Alpha X-Wing (with Biggs, right?) was the only one that broke on me. It has a broken cannon, but I super-glued it back on (and it glues on flawlessly- the break was clean and at a joint).

I may have the Dark Blue Interceptor as well, as I think the one you're missing is the one that came with the "Talking" Flight Controller base. I have all 4 of the original Flight Controller AF's, plus the original boxed TIE Interceptor. Out of the 2 Interceptors, I think I got what you need :)

So, gimme a holler, I can send you some pics of them if you like to make sure we're on the same page :). I was planning on selling my entire AF collection in one go, but I cannot find the baggy that contains nearly all of the second figures for all of my ships, darn it. So, until I find that baggy I won't be selling my standard ships. I have both figures for the Alpha Snowspeeder already, however, and the one figure the talking Interceptor came with :)

I was collecting all the paint variants on the SW AF's, too- I am glad to see someone actually succeeded :D

Heh- I remember I packed the second figures for my AF's because, where I used to work, I used to have my AF's all around the top of my cubicle, held there on the stands with double-stick tape. We're talking 20+ AF ships with variants that greated me daily when I came to work :) AH! Memories...anyway- people kept messing with the secondary figures I displayed on the bases so I packed them all up and put them in a plastic baggy so they wouldn't get lost, and now this baggy is lost- buried somewhere in my collection in storage :( I kept all the pilot figures in their ships, though.

That baggy is packed with my last Episode 1 AF, too...the remote-control Faamba...I hope I find it- someday -_-;

Warstar
05-18-2004, 05:27 PM
AND-

If the Flight Controller AF TIE Interceptor isn't the one you need, is it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2474&item=3193571621&rd=1

I only ask because this is a silver-logo AF TIE Interceptor, which was the rare AF TIE because the majority had the Gold logo...

Heh- this guy doesn't even say "Action Fleet" in his auction title. All of his ships are going to sell for a steal :D (check his other stuff out ;))

good shot jansen
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
fabulous collection! thanx for sharing the photos with us!

RobertDD
05-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Thanx for the replies, Warstar and GSJ (and all others too!).

To Warstar, I really appreciate the offer for the ships, but I am a real picky collector and only want items that are in mint condition, with all figures and the oriinal stand included. This is why I seldom buy opened, and if I do I make sure that I ask about the state the item is in. So I would be very interested taking that x-wing of your hands if it wasn't superglued. As for the tie-interceptor, I am looking for the one that you mention in your second post (not the flight controller one).

To GSJ, glad to see back, seemed like everyone was getting worried.

To JT, try to photograph any minifig that close up and you will get those paint blodges (and usually worst that what you have on GL's glasses. The only thing that's weird about that fig is that the glasses are actually hollow instead of sticking out. However, I think it photographs rather well. Compare the guy to the GL pilot that came with the Tie interceptor and you'll see there's really no comparison. The production fig doesnt even have a beard!

I'll try and post some more pics later on this week, and I do take requests, so if anyone wants to see something in specific, let me know.

JediTricks
05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh, I know the TIE Int Lucas minifigure is a paint mess, but it still looks weird in macro-mode photography. ;) I wouldn't even bother trying to photograph it, I still have nightmares about when I tried to photograph & scan the inscription on the inside of my AF single-box Falcon's hull.

SWAFMAN
05-19-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna have nightmares about that red-eyehole Lucas AF minifig. :eek: ;)

That wasn't the "TIE Pilot Lucas", it's the AF figure of Lucas after seeing me in the Slave Leia costume! :eek:

Warstar
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
RobertDD-

Heh- out of ALL the Action Fleet I own (and I had about 100 at the height of my collection), that would have to be the one that broke :frus:

Anyway, I believe I also have the Alpha Snowspeeder you need, and it is in Mint LOOSE shape with both figures, the stand and the prototype. Can you be more specific about the paint variation you're after (R2 posted great pics of the paint variants- which one do you need?) :D?

Also, I was hoping that the auction post would help- I hope that you bid and win :) If I was down to 3 variants left on a massive collection, I would jump at the chance to get one of them ;)

...took me forever to get the FAO Sith Lord Game Darth Maul, as he was the last variant I needed to have all of the 3 3/4 Episode 1 line back in the day, but I tracked him down and paid $27 for him and the game in MINT factory sealed shape in an auction. C'est la vie. I still have them all and it's a great feeling. Knowing I have to sell them, however, sucks :(

RobertDD
05-20-2004, 08:38 AM
JT: I can't believe U actually opened up Ur Falcon to find it. I take great pleasure in knowing it's there but I leave the falcon alone, lol. Anyways, about red-eyehole GL, I guess I agree, but I still love that fig and that pic. BTW, I need 101 posts before I can use it as my avatar, right? lol

Swafman: Thanx for puting that visual in my mind. I will never look at ROTJ the same way again. :)

RobertDD
05-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Warstar, I completely forgot about the alpha snowspeeder when I replied to you, and would be very interested. I need the left paint variant in R2's picture, with the prototype on the left in this picture: http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/seriesalphasnowspeederprotocannoncompare_12words.j pg

If you have that variant I am very interested setting up a trade.

About the auction post, it is really hard to see wether or not this is the rght variant, and I am setting up a trade for this with one of the other forummers so I decided to let it go this time (also, since cash is tight right now, I'd much rather trade than buy). But I do appreciate your effort to help me big time. You are absolutely correct in assuming that I will jump at a chance to complete my collection (and boy, did I have a long search before I finally secured that 3 button at-at, just about 3 years! I couldn't believe when I finally found it I bought it for $10 and change)

I'm sorry to hear you need to sell of your collection though, what's up with that? I would never ever sell mine (and probably put in my will it can't be broken up, lol) I had that case custom made to fit my collection (It fits a folded open big playset, like the Death Star or Hoth) with enough room around it for a single row of ships. I find myself looking at it at least once a day and quite often opening it to admire part of it up close (or put up a figure that bended over at the hip :)).

Anyways, again, thank you so much for helping. It trully is greatly appreciated (and I hope you do have that particular variation so we can trade!)

JediTricks
05-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Robert, cracking open that Millennium Falcon was one of the scarier things I had done with my AFs at that time, but since I was still fairly new to the Galoob Buzz Board and wanted to prove my mettle - not to mention simply see it for myself - I had to bust it open and transcribe it for the group. :D The glue on the seams pushed the toy's limits BTW. Oh, and I also opened up the 2pack version of the Falcon and the Hasbro version, I know for a fact that the 2pack one doesn't have it, but I don't remember anymore if the Hasbro version kept it.

Oh, and yes, 101 posts.

UPDATE - found a thread with a scan of the inscription, GSJ confirmed that the Hasbro Saga version has the inscription but I confirmed that it's based off of the Classic Duels, not Single Boxed, version...
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=15555

Grif
05-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Heck of a collection you have there. Makes mine look like nothing. The GL AF figure is also one of me favorite AF figures. Right up there with the Han in Carbonite figure.

RobertDD
05-21-2004, 09:55 AM
JT, I just read through that thread about the inscription and other differences when I saw that GSJ claims to have a three screw single pack Falcon. Now that would be another variant I miss.
DOH!
If U read this, GSJ, can you post a pic of that Falcon.

And then I just saw a post on the yellow y-wing from sergusiu. Is that another variant that I don't know about? I thought there was no difference between the silver logo and the gold logo y-wing. BTW, I am assuming the same for Slave1. If anyone can prove me wrong...

Maybe we should start a variant thread where all are grouped together. I am getting confused lol

sergiurusu
05-26-2004, 03:32 AM
RobertDD, great to see your collection :) :D !! I seem to remember you are one of the few others that have that 3 button remote control AT-AT, right ? :D :cool:

Sorry I can't help you out with those last three you need at the moment, but to help clarify (not that those who regularly post HERE at SSG forums need it), in case someone can help, you need the first SA Snowpeeder (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/seriesalphasnowspeederloosewithfigures_9words.jpg) ,
White SA X-Wing (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/seriesalphawhitecompare_7lines.jpg) and the dark blue first released AF TIE Interceptor (I don't have a good pic, but you can find one on SICQNUS great site (http://www.sicqnus.com/).

Good luck in your quests and once again, great collection!!

please tell me which is the "rare" white X-wing: the one with the white stripes or the one without them?

r2dee2
05-26-2004, 04:07 AM
I've found that the one WITH the white thruster bands is more rare :)
MORE pics of the white version (http://r2toyforce.net/sa_whitexwing.htm)
MORE pics of SA X-Wing (http://r2toyforce.net/sa_xwing.htm)

good shot jansen
05-26-2004, 10:14 AM
i will take some photos before the weekend,

if anyone wants to check out the thread that robertdd is refering to, it's this one (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=15555)

JediTricks
05-26-2004, 06:54 PM
I would say the white stripe X-wing is almost as rare as the Flight Controllers with bonus MMs were.