PDA

View Full Version : never believe what i found * walmart

bandon_29
05-14-2004, 06:22 PM
i live in a beachtown and have to cross a bridge to get to the mainland if i wanna go to any stores.I usually drive 5 to 6 miles to get to my local walmart 5 miles away well the past few weeks i have seen nothing but ack med beq and kren blista vanee all over the racks iw as tempted to buy them all just to get rid of them so i decided to drive to the other store in bricktown 12 miles away,well on monday the 10th i went there and walked in through the garden dept which is right next to the toy section and went to the star wars isle and low and behold they had everything the deluxe ewok glider obi-wan and jango ultra figures riekiean,c-3po,wampa,jabba, the court diezians,all the new unleashed figures luke x-wing the red clone trooper white clone trooper etc.well as i looked through the regular figures i found the hall of fame assortment i only take one of each figure i like to make sure there are plenty for others and around here i am the only collector that does. i saw all the way on the back bottom peg now i know this will sound strange but it was a new saga card that said (where the name of the movie is)expanded universe ya know the blue and gold saga cards i picked it up and it said jodo kast he looked like a blue and yellow boba fett.I didnt know hasbro made this figure i looked on the back and there were figures like leebo and underneath him it said shadows of the empire,bastila knights of the old republic,darth malak knights of the old republic,and baron soontir fel rogue squadron.i thought cool new figures so i checked out and when i got to my car i checked the reciept and it listed the figure as jango fett.did hasbro make this figure as a chase figure? was it put there by someone as a joke? or did someone return a custom as an accident? any help would be helpful thanks:ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Kidhuman
05-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a custom. Try and scan the photo in and let us see it.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Ha! that's great!

Now that my interest is extremely piqued, please scan a picture for us, of the back too!

this I gotta see!

jjreason
05-15-2004, 07:32 AM
I sense a great disturbance in the force.... almost as if someone is pulling our leg. :rolleyes:

2-1B
05-16-2004, 12:59 AM
and we're already so far from April 1st !

Deoxyribonucleic
05-16-2004, 12:46 PM

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lovely darling, lovely!! :D

My interest is no longer piqued, I flushed it after kidhuman pm'd me about the BS. ;)

B'Omarr Monkey
05-16-2004, 12:52 PM
This sounds like a prank. I remember, I think it was TOY FARE, made a custom packaged commtech Darth Maul from when Obi-Wan cuts him in half, with a surprised expression. His commtech chip said "urk." He was then put on peg somewhere to be sold to someone. i don't remeber if they watched the pegs, ebay or whatever but it was a joke.

A similar thing happened years ago when this art terrorist group bought up 12" GI Joe's w sound chips and Barbies w/sound chips. The swapped chips and put them back on the toy store shelves so that kids were getting GI Joes who declared in a high voice "I love to shop." and Barbie's who would cry out in a tough gravelly voice "Die, Cobra, Die!"

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 12:56 PM

At least JMG's and mine was believeable. sheesh!!!!!

2-1B
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
My interest is no longer piqued

My interest in your avatar is piqued. What is it ?

To me it looks like Zuckuss with his cranium removed. lol

Kidhuman
05-16-2004, 05:26 PM
My interest in your avatar is piqued. What is it ?

To me it looks like Zuckuss with his cranium removed. lol

Damn good question my friend. To me it looks like one of the Banana Splits had been scalped. :beard:

LTBasker
05-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Meh, this could've turned into a cool thread had they been customs that someone returned to wal-mart, but since it sounds like a complete scam thread. Meh.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-16-2004, 10:11 PM
go here -------> http://www.koerperwelten.com/en/pages/home.asp or here http://www.guardian.co.uk/gall/0,8542,669680,00.html

it's in the downloads section for wallpaper.

this is an alternative to being buried or cremated lol

woops, sorry to get off topic but since this thread is bogus anyways, I should think anything goes.........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :silly:

2-1B
05-16-2004, 11:22 PM
kidhuman - at least we were on the same wavelength in our analysis. lol

deo - that is one incredibly haunting practice ! :eek:

Oh ! I just found your little avatar guy . . . but why does it look like he has big alien eyes on the side of his head ? Are those his ears ?
Still looks like Zuckuss to me. :D

And why the hell do they have that one guy posed holding his own skin ? :speech:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-17-2004, 12:16 AM
kidhuman - at least we were on the same wavelength in our analysis. lol

deo - that is one incredibly haunting practice ! :eek:

Oh ! I just found your little avatar guy . . . but why does it look like he has big alien eyes on the side of his head ? Are those his ears ?
Still looks like Zuckuss to me. :D

And why the hell do they have that one guy posed holding his own skin ? :speech:

You're cracking me up...I'm visualizing you saying these things to me and your facial expressions lol lol

they take bits and pieces out here and there to reveal what's underneath, so we can get a full view of our bodies, that's why his face is all "blown out" on the side...it's art and research all at the same time. :crazed:

We'll call him Zuckuss ;)

The guy holding his skin, well, that's actually boba fett (without his mandolore armor) holding a shaven wookie pelt :sur:

Can YOU believe I found all this at Wal-Mart...they sure are selling some weird things these days!

just staying on target..er..topic

Kidhuman
05-17-2004, 05:36 AM
There is no topic Deoxy. The topic, if there was one is lies.

evenflow
05-17-2004, 07:46 AM
I sense a great disturbance in the force.... almost as if someone is pulling our leg. :rolleyes:

I always wanted a Jodo Kast figure as well as the remaining figures from Shadows of the empire. :(

JediTricks
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, he did say right in the title that you'd never believe him... and he's right!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-17-2004, 09:21 PM
This thread reminds me of the time I went looking for 12" figures and I saw a Kenny Baker figure. No, it wasn't R2-D2 but Kenny himself imprisioned in a plastic box. I bought him and being the carded collector I am, I keep him in my room. Luckily, I put in air holes now and feed him every so often. . . :rolleyes:

2-1B
05-18-2004, 02:34 AM
You'll never believe what I found at Wal-Mart today . . . a complete set of Plastination action figures ! I was surprised because I didn't think WM would carry these.

My biggest prize of the day was definitely the short pack chase version of Chess Player. As you all know, the short pack has the chess pieces painted silver and gold instead of the common black and white version.

It's so awesome because the game board is removable and I now have Chess Player vs. Chewbacca in a game of Dejarik right on my top computer shelf.

Also, I found that the accessories for Suit O' Skin Man and Nikto Jedi are very much interchangeable. Right now I have SOS Man going incognito wearing the Nikto Jedi's robes while NJ is masquerading as a naked cadaver. He looks great. I'm sure his lightsaber will make for a nice excuse as to why there are cuts in his suit.

Well . . . I guess I didn't technically pick up the complete set. I actually passed on Plastination Zuckuss but that's only because I don't bother to collect Repacks. I'm not a carded collector and the POTF2 version is good enough for me.