PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends

Banthaholic
05-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Well this years Star Wars weekends started this weekend at Walt Disney World. Is any one here planning on attending?

I'm not able to go, although my family was down there this weekend and picked me up the Mickey Jedi plush, featured a few weeks ago on SW.com.
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/news20040429.html
I guess they were supposed to be there Friday morning, but Fed Ex was late with the shipment, so my family was told to come at Sat. at 8am, then they would have them. Then they still didn't have them, and were told they would be gotten in that morning and they would not be put out until 2 pm. At 1:30 they miracuallously were already on the shelf. Fortunately, my family stopped by early and snagged me one. Later on in the day they stopped back, and were all gone.

I've never actually made it to a SW weekend, although have got my picture with Chewie and an Ewok just in normal trips to the Studios.

Jay86
05-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I just got back today and it was the greatest trip I've ever had to Disney World, and I've been 8 times. I too got the Jedi Mickey and most everything else that they had for the weekends. I also met Jake Lloyd and Jeremy Bulloch, both were really awesome people. I played the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" Star Wars Edition but I never made it up to the seat, I was in second place the whole rest of the game(s), I'm not that great with the fastest finger things......and while I was second the whole time I also realized I would have made it farther into the questions than both people ahead of me did because I knew all the answers to the questions they got wrong.....if only I was faster with those "fastest finger" questions....oh well, it was a great trip and its definitely worth going.

Banthaholic
05-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I was talking with my dad last night (who was at this past Star wars weekend). He said they watched some mini-movie that was shown in the ABC theater. He said that is mentioned that Lucas might be planning on releasing Ep 4,5,6 in the theaters in the weeks leading up to the release of Ep 3.

I'm hearing this second-hand, so take it for what its worth. Although, sounds promising. Can anyone that was there confim this first-hand?

Jay86
05-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I was talking with my dad last night (who was at this past Star wars weekend). He said they watched some mini-movie that was shown in the ABC theater. He said that is mentioned that Lucas might be planning on releasing Ep 4,5,6 in the theaters in the weeks leading up to the release of Ep 3.

I'm hearing this second-hand, so take it for what its worth. Although, sounds promising. Can anyone that was there confim this first-hand?
I dont recall Lucas saying anything about releasing the OT in theatres again. I could be wrong, maybe he did say something about it, but if he did I think I would have remembered him saying that. The movie was basically just a buch of DVD footage, the extra stuff that was on the Episodes 1 & 2 DVD's and some footage of making Episode 3, other than that I dont think there was anything with George planning on releasing the OT again.

blademasterfemme
05-31-2004, 05:45 PM
A report of this year's SWW event:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/

Those of you attending in the coming weeks might want to check out these reports, they may help you enjoy your visit a little more.