PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Title announced??!!??

Darkness Shroud
05-17-2004, 07:51 AM
I dont Know how true this is so its pure speculation. My local radio station announced today that "The new Star Wars film has a title!" They then said "Its called Birth of the Empire"!

Sounds good to me. Like i said pure speculation, where they got their information from i dont know. But its 50/50 if its true or not. Just thought i'd share what i heard.:)

arctangent
05-17-2004, 08:28 AM
i was just reading the sun 'newspaper' (i use the term newspaper in a fairly loose way here) and they have a small news item today saying exactly the same thing (and as everyone from the uk knows, if it in the sun it must be true!).

they also include pieces from other threads here in the spoilers section such as the lightsaber battle between obi-wan and anakin being on 'surf boards above lava'

if its true, they have gone for a fairly standard, obvious, fan pleasing title, much more so than the phantom menace or attack of the clones

sith_killer_99
05-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Hmmm, I don't really like it.

"Birth" of the Empire?

I much prefer "Rise of the Empire" or "Revenge of the Sith".

Interview with George Lucas:

Reporter: Mr. Lucas, you coose "Birth of the Empire" for the title of your last Star Wars film.

GL: Yes.

Reporter: Can you tell us a little bit about why and how you choose that title?

GL: Well, we really wanted something that would follow with the other titles, it had to have that same flow. So early on we knew it would be "Something of the Empire" or "Something to the Empire". Well when it was determined that the Clones Wars were to last 9 months it seemed like a natural progression. In addition, since it was a "natural" progression, we figured well what could be more natural than child birth. After that we realized that Padme' would be giving birth to twins in the new movie, so it really does work on soo many levels.

Reporter: :crazed:

Pendo
05-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that won't be the title. Around this time 3 years ago people were suggesting titles for Episode II, newspapers were posting them, and people believed them to be "confirmation". None of the suggestions was Attack of the Clones, and I don't believe "Birth of the Empire" will be correct either.

Also, I wouldn't believe anythig that's written in The Sun :mad::rolleyes:!

I don't think we'll know it until later on in the year :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
The only thing I believe about The Sun is, them naked chicks on Page 3 are hot. :crazed:

Anyway, the title could go either way. I doubt it's real though.

scruffziller
05-18-2004, 04:12 AM
Sounds awfully dang goofy to me even for GL. Don't buy it.

arctangent
05-18-2004, 06:20 AM
The only thing I believe about The Sun is, them naked chicks on Page 3 are hot. :crazed:

true. very true. especially the twins (or is that just being perverted?) :) .

Elliejabbapop
05-18-2004, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty sure that won't be the title. Around this time 3 years ago people were suggesting titles for Episode II, newspapers were posting them, and people believed them to be "confirmation". None of the suggestions was Attack of the Clones, and I don't believe "Birth of the Empire" will be correct either.

Also, I wouldn't believe anythig that's written in The Sun :mad::rolleyes:!

I don't think we'll know it until later on in the year :).

PENDO!
I agree with you about "The Sun" :dead: sick paper

Grif
05-18-2004, 09:09 AM
The Force.net reported the same thing about a week ago. Hmmmmmm.

Pendo
05-18-2004, 01:09 PM
The Force.net reported the same thing about a week ago. Hmmmmmm.
That's possibly where the newspaper got their information. Just because it was in "The Bum" doesn't mean the company was contacted with the information, it just means that one of their "so called" journalists came across the story on TheForce.Net and tried to make it their own 'exclusive' story for the unfortunate people who read the paper and don't have the Internet.

PENDO!

Darkness Shroud
05-18-2004, 01:14 PM
true. very true. especially the twins (or is that just being perverted?) :) .
Nikkala for me mate!:) :D :evil: :crazed:

Jay86
05-19-2004, 09:04 PM
I much prefer "Rise of the Empire"

Same here, "Rise of the Empire" is really what Episode 3 will be about, the "rise" of the Empire, a birth of yes, but more so a rise due to the fact that this "rise" is being led by the disguised Sith (Sidious/Palpatine and company). "Birth Of..." is ok though I suppose, if it comes down to that and some other title I'm more likely to pick the "Birth Of..." one, but I'd still like to see "Rise Of..." be the title. "Attack Of the Clones" didnt really fit the plot of the movie, sure there were Clones but it was more-so the Federation that made the first move in the Clone Wars, I mean its not like the Clones attacked the Republic, they fought for it. "The Phantom Menace" was an ok title, it made sense, the Sith being the phantom(s) and their "menace" being their uprising from hiding in the shadows and revealing themselves to the Jedi.

.....anyways, my vote goes for "Rise Of the Empire".....

Elliejabbapop
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM
According to Empire Magazine, quite reliable, the title will indeed be "Birth of the Empire", even though Lucasfilm hasn't confirmed anything.