PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick an online exclusive figure...

Rocketboy
05-18-2004, 08:49 AM
I thought it was a great idea in the past (like the Cantina Band, the B'Ommar (sp?) Monk, the troop builder sets), and I think it'd be cool if something like it were done again. This way we could get a figure that may not be produced otherwise.
Plus, I think it'd be better than the fan's choice poll - I haven't been too happy with the choices and winners of those lately.

I always thought a cool possiblity would be the Queen's Handmaiden's from Episode I (in their red/orange hooded cloaks). That way, much like the Cantina Band, only 1 mold needs to be made, and they could sell multiples of each.

bobafett07728
05-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Interesting idea. Everytime I think of "troop builder" type ideas, I always overlook the handmaidens. I have always clung on to the hope that one day, the Star Wars Fan Club will start making exclusive figures available, again. Maybe one, or two, year. If they are available through the fan club, they can release a more "obscure" item with less worry of them becoming pegwarmers. I can't really complain though, they have been releasing some figures that we've ben wanting with these new waves.

evenflow
05-18-2004, 12:56 PM
YARNA D'al GARGAN should be the next exclusive.

Silent Chazz
05-18-2004, 01:39 PM
We NEED a 4-pack Troop Builder of the SA Clones. They could offer up 2 sets: 1 Set of all 4 White Clones, and 1 set of a Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Clone.

El Chuxter
05-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Those are all excellent ideas, but I'd like to toss out Dannik Jerriko as another possibility. It's doubtful ol' Smokie will ever see the light of day otherwise.

Or, heck, make a three-pack "offscreen scene" of Dannik, Yarna, and Gartogg (a slight resculpt of the Gamorrean Guard). That'd be cool.

dindae
05-18-2004, 03:15 PM
I would like to see either Hermi Odle because I just want to have him or General Tagge because he is one of the few remaining officers with speaking parts (plus I got his autograph so I would like to see a figure to put with it).

Darth Mina
05-18-2004, 04:04 PM
I would love to get the SA Color clone trooper i could really go broke buying cases of them :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Droid
05-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Evenflow is correct: YARNA D'al GARGAN should be the next exclusive.

If they only made one more Star Wars figure before the line ended Yarna is it.

She almost made it as a vintage figure.

Her time has come!

B'Omarr Monkey
05-18-2004, 10:29 PM
I agree with all of those choices, especially the handmaidens and Dannik Jericho. Any cantina or Jabba's Palace character would be welcome.

Beyond Yarna and the Tonnika Sisters, there's 3 characters that have been on my wish list for a long time, 2 since I started one.

Wioslea
CZ-3
Ben Quadinaros

I think CZ-3 could easily be carded and available in stores, so could Ben in a 2 pack with another pod racer, but poor Wioslea seems like a longshot, so i would include him/her on my exclusive figure offer.

Turbowars
05-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Hasbro---Hey we should make a mail away exclusive figure.

Hasbro---Why?

Hasbro---The collectors want it.

Hasbro---So.

Hasbro---Why should we spend money on something new when the collectors will buy 25 different carded versions of Commtech Han?

Hasbro---Good point

Hasbro---OK, guys throw the Tonnika Sister Prototypes out. The HOF wave is selling so well we are laying off the design team and just going with recarding the whole POTF2 line.

mrpauldeeds
05-18-2004, 11:37 PM
I would like to see a Heri Odle, but i would really like to see WEDGE ANTILLIES!!! there was one in the falcon carry case, but not a sculpted carded wedge. we have Jek Porkins and Dutch Vander, two minor charectors. Wedge is a huge part in Star Wars, make him. If not wedge, then at least Dak or an A-Wing pilot. that would be cool.:D come on you have to agree with me on wedge...right?

WEDGE ANTILLIES for NEW 2004 fall fig, or online exclusive

stillakid
05-19-2004, 12:09 AM
I want a bucket o' Midichlorians.

LusiferSam
05-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I would like to see a Heri Odle, but i would really like to see WEDGE ANTILLIES!!! there was one in the falcon carry case, but not a sculpted carded wedge. we have Jek Porkins and Dutch Vander, two minor charectors. Wedge is a huge part in Star Wars, make him. If not wedge, then at least Dak or an A-Wing pilot. that would be cool.:D come on you have to agree with me on wedge...right?

WEDGE ANTILLIES for NEW 2004 fall fig, or online exclusive
I couldn't disagree more. The Wedge from the pilot three pack was pretty good, good enough for the time being. And we already have a Dak, not a great one by any stretch. Finally we have two A-wing pilot as well.

A good online exclusive would be an alien from Jabba's Palace or the Cantina. Small scene time and high appeal with collectors. That's all you need.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
I agree. There was nothing wrong with Wedge from the pilot 3-pack. Besides, any pilot should either be carded, or come with a vehicle. Exclusives should be for characters that Hasbro doesn't feel will sell enough in retail chains to merit being carded and shipped in case assortments. Pilots will sell. Someone like, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's assistant (I forget her name, and haven't unpacked enough of my books to look it up) probably wouldn't.

Hellboy
05-19-2004, 11:20 PM
I'd be happy with getting any character that hasn't been produced since the line started up again in 95 and anything that isn't silver. :rolleyes:

evenflow
05-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Like I said my #1 vote is for Yarna, but Hermi is #2.

Rocketboy
05-20-2004, 09:26 AM
I still want my Handmaiden(s)!

jedi master sal
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I like the idea of the SA clones. To entice us to buy more they could offer this deal:

Buy four sets of white SA clones (4 clones in each set), get a color version free (1 pack with one of each color-green, blue, red, yellow)

Typical army builder sets have been what $17 each. I remember getting the stormtrooper 4 packs. I got 4 sets with the 5th one "free". It was something like $75 including shipping for that. Break it down and I got 25 stormtroopers for $3 each. Not bad at all considering these were the CommTech Stormies w/o balster damage (widely considered to be the best modern version of the stormtrooper to date).

I know I'd buy the SA clones in that quantity! Shoot I'd probably by 3 sets of the "buy four sets get the fifth exclusive color set free".

Besides, having the color set be an exclusive and only available if you purchase four regular sets would:
1) Get collectors to buy more sets if they want the color ones.
2) Ensure that Hasbro will make money off the mold (come one, this is the best Clone trooper out there-who wouldn't want a small army of them)
3) Possibly keep scalpers away since they'd have to shell out alot of money just to get to the color SA clone versions

I'm all for Hasbro and the fanclub (especially since it's under Lucasfilm now) teaming up to offer exclusives. They shouldn't gouge the customer at the same time, however. We already pay for the fanclun membership, and normally pay $5 for a single figure, so why should any exclusive figure be higher in cost. Yeah, yeah, they're exclusive, but what makes them exclusive is the membership, not the price. It's more like exclusion, when they hike the price up. It's shameful how high some of the prices are at shopstarwars.com. At least there should be two prices for everything. One for everyday consumers and another for fanclub members that is less expensive than the "everyday" price.

One last note. I hope Hasbro keeps the army building molds around. As these sell out, it would be nice if the fanclub could just order so many more sets and have Hasbro produce them. Basically, Hasbro would just have to change the molds in the production line. (Okay so I'm boiling it down to the simplest idea here, but that's the major thing.) The fanclub should never run out of army builders. Well at least not for the next 4-5 years, until SW dies down.

dindae
05-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Besides, having the color set be an exclusive and only available if you purchase four regular sets would:
1) Get collectors to buy more sets if they want the one, this is the best Clone trooper out there-who wouldn't want a small army of them)
3) Possibly keep scalpers away since they'd have to shell out alot of money just to get to the color SA clone versions

You forgot break most collectors. $75 is pretty steep to get one set of figures. I wouldn't mind one colored figure per four pack with a set of four to get a yellow, green, red, and blue one. Still expensive but easier than four sets of four.

bobafett07728
05-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I'd be happy with getting any character that hasn't been produced since the line started up again in 95 and anything that isn't silver. :rolleyes:

I second that!!!! Especially the part about silver figures, they are getting old FAST !!

Darth Mina
05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Hasbro---Hey we should make a mail away exclusive figure.

Hasbro---Why?

Hasbro---The collectors want it.

Hasbro---So.

Hasbro---Why should we spend money on something new when the collectors will buy 25 different carded versions of Commtech Han?

Hasbro---Good point

Hasbro---OK, guys throw the Tonnika Sister Prototypes out. The HOF wave is selling so well we are laying off the design team and just going with recarding the whole POTF2 line.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Silly but maybe true

B'Omarr Monkey
05-20-2004, 10:25 PM
I second that!!!! Especially the part about silver figures, they are getting old FAST !!

How long do you think it will be before they make a silver C-3PO?!

Turbowars
05-20-2004, 11:16 PM
How long do you think it will be before they make a silver C-3PO?!They already have.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-21-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't mean TC-14, I mean like the silver clone trooper, etc.

mrpauldeeds
05-22-2004, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=LusiferSam] And we already have a Dak, not a great one by any stretch.

Ohhhhhhh I forgot about that 3 pack Wedge...so I take what i said back about Wedge...So Hermi Odle is my vote. And since no one has said Zev Senesca, (he is with wedge at Hoth looking for Han and Luke - if you dont know, he says "Echo base we found them, repeat we found them") why not make him? never made before and would make for a new Hoth pilot. But I didnt know they made a Dak Ralter..(dunno how to spell it) Where can i find him?

Hellboy
05-22-2004, 01:57 AM
But I didnt know they made a Dak Ralter..(dunno how to spell it) Where can i find him?

He was included with Luke's Snowspeeder that came out at the end of the POTJ line in 2002. :)

B'Omarr Monkey
05-22-2004, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=LusiferSam]And since no one has said Zev Senesca, why not make him? never made before and would make for a new Hoth pilot.

I'm all for a Zev Senesca figure, but I think that he could easily sell carded an in stores. Exclusives really should be characters that no one but us die hards would want that don't really have value as army builder type figures, such as pilots, soldiers, officers, etc.

mrpauldeeds
05-23-2004, 01:37 AM
Thank you Hellboy...But as for figures selling easily, i agree Zev probably would sell easliy, but Hermi Odle would too. If i was 5 and saw that i would want it. So in that case, i think they sould make that 6 armed lady (dont know her name, but i know shes been brought up in this discusion) Or the ice cream maker guy from Bespin. You all know who im talking about. :D