PDA

View Full Version : New Carded Figures

SirSteve
05-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Check them out!

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30274

evenflow
05-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Yoda and Obi-Wan are looking good. 2 of the few I will be purchasing.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-19-2004, 01:43 PM
those look GREAT! Thanks SirSteve :)

this is the best card design ever, except of course for the vintage ones that will be coming out!

:)

Lazer Brain
05-19-2004, 01:57 PM
the cards look good, i see that yoda and ob1 are new, but is chewy a reissue?or new sculpt?
thanks

dindae
05-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Is it just me or does chewie look like they he has some darker fur?

JediTricks
05-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Actually, I think Chewie has some lighter fur, the POTJ original version had darker fur.

I think these look good, but the cardbacks really don't do it for me in a big way.

Also, I don't get why Chewie has the old '95 version of the bowcaster that looks kinda crappy, and why he doesn't have the cool mechanic accessories the figure originally came with.

And why did they do a Photoshop Phoney for the cardback movie still for Spirit Obi-Wan? What's the point? There's plenty of images from 2 films of Obi-Wan as a spirit, so why take this ANH image of the character, give him a blue glow, and poorly insert it into the Dagobah background?

In another thread, Silent Chazz pointed out that the Luke Pilot head has been changed to lack that "gopher boy" look from the original version. I still think the hair is waaaay too dark (just like the original) but I do appreciate that face looks better.

Silent Chazz
05-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes, I did. I accidently posted it there (Im going through a rough day). I meant to post it here:

WOW, according to the Picture of Luke X-wing Pilot it'll be the Non-Gopher Boy variation of Luke's headsculpt. Lets hope Hasbro only packages this version cuz I hope not to find Gopher Boy.

Hellboy
05-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Man these look great. Call me a sucker but I've decided I'll be putting together a complete carded set of this line, re-packs and all.

I still don't understand why they're packing these newer hologram and spirit figures with lightsabers though. Not that I don't appreciate the extra accessory but putting the thing in the figures hand just looks silly. :stupid:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I like how these figures are (for the most part) actually holding their accessories instead of just having them float around. Too bad I got the old gopher Luke instead of this one, it looks nice.

The Spirit Obi-Wan's insert photo is acceptible, but the one on the back is not. They could have at least used another photo of him with his cloak actually on!

dindae
05-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Well I must say if they are going to be making slight improvements on these figures it definately makes it an easier pill to swallow. No to decide if the changes warrant getting an extra to open. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
05-20-2004, 09:33 PM
here's some pics of OTCV Leia I just found over at hasbro's website, she looks fantastic!

It's cool that she comes with an imperial blaster instead of the one they always give her.

And some of OTCV Obi-Wan...IMPRESSIVE!

JediTricks
05-21-2004, 06:08 AM
I wish they had included her regular sporting blaster, a NEW sculpt of it is needed, one that isn't the size of her entire arm would have been nice.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-21-2004, 12:13 PM
I wish they had included her regular sporting blaster, a NEW sculpt of it is needed, one that isn't the size of her entire arm would have been nice.

that's why I'm glad she's got the right size imp blaster because they NEVER get her other one right, it's the size of her femur lol ;)

look everybody, my leg bone doubles as a blaster, cool huh? :crazed:

Turbowars
05-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Pic of Carded Scout and others

Hellboy
05-21-2004, 08:51 PM
The Scout Trooper looks sweet. How could you not want that one carded? :eek: :cool:

Leia looks cool but she'd look better if she was holding just the sporting blaster. That huge blaster in her right hand doesn't look right with that background.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Leia looks cool but she'd look better if she was holding just the sporting blaster. That huge blaster in her right hand doesn't look right with that background.

I agree, why do they always have to ruin her by putting in craptacular guns?? :frus:

I don't understand! :stupid:

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 12:35 PM
WoW. Yoda and the Scout rule all. F'in A man. Hasbro is really hookin us up.

Turbowars
05-23-2004, 11:44 AM
More picks,

Kidhuman
05-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Whats up with Luke? It looks like he got whiplash. :beard:

Vader looks awesome. That is withouit a doubt a must have.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-23-2004, 12:52 PM
these are just getting better every day!! :)

all of these will stay carded for me, go in a star case and go on my wall!

Beautiful!

AmanaMatt
05-23-2004, 01:02 PM
The cards themselves are awsome, as are some of the new figs like the new Bespin Luke - but, many of these, as nice as the cards appear, are just re-releases. Now, if someone needs these, great - I am all for it, especially since this will be a cheap year. But, that Vader as an example, is one horrible figure - it sucked the first time and still sucks now, albeit in WAY better packaging.

Hellboy
05-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Again these are looking great carded. :cool:

I like how they paid more attention to how Luke's robe looks in the package. Most of the Saga Luke's I saw had the robe covering part of his face.

One thing I don't understand about the Vader though. I read somewhere, not sure where sorry, that this Vader's helmet wasn't going to be removable. Now if this is the TRD Vader we got in the Saga line why would Hasbro take the time to fuse the Helmet to the figure. :confused: Not that its a big deal to me because I'm only buying 1 MOC for myself but not so cool for the collector who missed him the first time around. I'm thinking maybe they meant his helmet was on in the package instead of off, but I'm not sure.

Anyone here something similar to this?

Turbowars
05-27-2004, 11:36 PM
This is from Insider. It lists the VOTC figures with some interesting knews at the bottom.

Star Wars: A New Hope
Luke Skywalker in Tattoine farm tunic
Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi in Jedi robes
Han Solo in black Corellian spacer vest and captain's pants
Princess Leia in traditional gown of Alderaan royal family

The Empire Strikes Back
Darth Vader with classic black cloak
Yoda in Dagobah cloak
Lando Calrissian in baron's cape
C-3PO with classic "metallized" gold decoration

Return of the Jedi
Stormtrooper in classic armor
Boba Fett with flight suit and armor from Jabba the Hutt's sail barge
Chewbacca with R2-D2 with "metalized" dome and pop-up sensor scope!

Does this mean we are getting a Chewy with a removable bandolier?

Does R2 with Scope mean an accurate version?

Does Metalized dome mean a crappy chrome version?

Kidhuman
05-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Very good questions Turbo. We can only hope for the best

DarthBrandon
05-28-2004, 12:33 AM
From the looks of the Vintage O.T. assortments so far, I'd have to say they look awesome. The regular O.T. assortments don't impress me all that much, except for the Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, R2, & Bespin Leia, the rest are all passes for me until I complete the Vintage assortments first. If anys left over by then I might pick a few up just for the heck of it.

JediTricks
05-28-2004, 03:14 AM
In the past, "metallized" has always referred to "vacuum metallized", aka "chromed plastic", so I fear that's what this is here. My MMC Chromed C-3PO is starting to molt, so I'm not thrilled with the prospect of getting a $10 version of the figure only to have that happen again down the road. And as for R2, the only chrome dome I've ever accepted was the Ep I version because that had a strong clear-coat of dulling material on it to lend a realistic sheen.

JEDIpartner
05-28-2004, 09:40 AM
The funny thing is that my vac metalised 1978 vintage Threepio hasn't molted... I'm wondering if Hasblah has since corrected their recipe since the MMC Threepio. I checked mine the other day and it seems to be fine... so far.

Perhaps these will be better.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-28-2004, 12:23 PM
The funny thing is that my vac metalised 1978 vintage Threepio hasn't molted... I'm wondering if Hasblah has since corrected their recipe since the MMC Threepio. I checked mine the other day and it seems to be fine... so far.

Perhaps these will be better.

I was just thinking the same thing. Neither did my vac metallized vintage R2 head, or any of the other vac metallized figs from the vintage line. Sure some of the paint "rubbed" off from being played with SO much, but it didn't just flake off while sitting in a box! :rolleyes:

Rocketboy
05-28-2004, 12:44 PM
I was surprised to see nobody posted these.
If they have been posted before, apologies.

dindae
05-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Can't wait for those. Look great. :D

Kidhuman
05-28-2004, 01:03 PM
CCP and Lobot look awesome. Two must haves for this year

Hellboy
05-28-2004, 09:40 PM
After seeing that CC Pilot I really wish Hasbro would've taken the opportunity to finally give us a Cloud Car. I mean is it really that much to ask for just one new vehicle in this line?

Jay86
05-28-2004, 09:43 PM
After seeing that CC Pilot I really wish Hasbro would've taken the opportunity to finally give us a Cloud Car. I mean is it really that much to ask for just one new vehicle in this line?You never know really, I mean theres still the fall and winter season to release new stuff, as of right now I think all the OTC figures we've seen and heard of so far are spring/summer releases, and I havent heard much of anything about fall and winters possible lineup, assuming there will be one. You'd figure there would and will be though, I mean winter/pre-x-mas is a toy companies most profitable season. I too though am hoping for a cloud car, I'd love to be able to put the cloud car pilots in one, instead of putting them on a different shelf from all my ESB stuff/diorama (I recreate the movies using figures, so lone cloud car pilots wont fit well into any other scene than that of one with them in the cloud car).

Rocketboy
05-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I forgot the post them earlier, but here are the links to the ebay auctions that I got the pics from, in case anyone wants to see bigger pics of 'em...or be foolish enough to pay that much for 'em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5900676201

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5900676205

Turbowars
05-28-2004, 11:09 PM
As much as I love the huge SW thing, I think these 2 figures are lame. The characters where lame so I guess the figures would be too. The Pilot looks like he's from Battle Star Galactica and Lobot is from Star Trek.:nerv:

JediTricks
05-29-2004, 01:53 AM
I have a whole thread about MMC C-3PO's problem in the POTF2 section, someone rightly pointed out that MMC 3PO was made at the same time as Hasbro's Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals/TM2 lines which had vac-metallized parts that had color come off very badly, and the HOF 3PO's right leg has gold that's a different color from the rest of the body which suggests a different process.

I'm not exploding with joy over these 2 new carded figures, but they look alright.

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Check out larger photos at GH as well. http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2850&zoneid=2

Hellboy
05-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I wish they could've found a way to leave the blast effect attached to Fett's pack. Oh well looks sweet anyway.

Hasbro has really done a great job with this package design. It's to bad it won't be around for the EPIII line.

Reefer Shark
05-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Man... this new packaging is just so damn cool!!!

Now I'm really glad I didn't buy a lot of these figures the 1st and 2nd time around. I dont think I'll be able to resist this time considering how awesome they look on the new cards.

Thanks for the pics turbo!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-29-2004, 12:32 PM
HallaKallija!

Go Hasbro, Go Hasbro, Go Hasbro!

These are the best ever! They shoulda done this card change a long time ago, but then I guess it's good they did it now becuase not only do we get the great cardbacks, but we get the better sculpted figs too! These are beautiful!

Ric Olie
05-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I wasn't a fan of the OTC when I first learned about it but it's starting to looking good.

Kidhuman
05-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Holy crap Boba Fett looks awesome. I am liking old Ben too. This line is turning out awesome.

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Holy crap Boba Fett looks awesome. I am liking old Ben too. This line is turning out awesome.shhhhhhhhhh, don't say that too loud. We don't want Hasbro to hear.;)

Kidhuman
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
shhhhhhhhhh, don't say that too loud. We don't want Hasbro to hear.;)

holy crap boba is awesome. :beard:

Silent Chazz
05-30-2004, 12:08 AM
He woulda been really awesome if they repainted his jumpsuit Gray and painted his jetpack the ACTUAL colors they are supposed to be instead of a colorscheme exactly like Jango's.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 12:34 AM
holy crap boba is awesome. :beard:Yeah that's better, but try this, .... .... .... .. .......!:dev:

mrpauldeeds
05-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Im all for this new carded line...but im really dissapointed in the figures they are making. I mean we've be getting so many re-sculpts and re-hashes and re-hashed re-sculpets its getting lame. how many ways can you make an R2-D2 and C-3P0 with making them look different? And i love the new fett, but it looks alot like a rehash of the saga fett. And didnt we just get a new luke skywalker jabbas palace...and now theres newer one. I really like the new one looks cuz of the cloak, but the same figure with in acouple months apart. im just asking for something new hasbro, not more vaders and C-3P0's. If you re sculpt a figure why not make it a newer ponda baba or better gamorean guard, something we havnet seen since 1997....As i said, im all for this new line, esp. the new not before made figs, but something out of the blue would be awsome, soooo no more re-sculpt re-hashes for awhile okay.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 01:00 AM
That is the same Saga Fett and Jedi Luke, but they are on new cards. There's only like 6 new figures in the next 3 waves the rest are rehashed, but man they look nice on the new card backs.

Silent Chazz
05-30-2004, 01:39 AM
You know, you're right about there only being like 6 new figures, because the Dagobah R2-D2 is just basically the Saga R2-D2 with muddy paint applications and his middle leg missing.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-30-2004, 12:15 PM
but what we seem to be forgetting is that we've already gotten ALOT of new figures this year already! Plus the six new ones coming out in the OTC line plus the 12 new ones coming out in the VOTC line, Hasbro has really been treating us good this year! And the new sculpts are fantastic!

The rehashes are for a good purpose I believe...to coincide with the release of the dvd and to give those a chance who didn't get them before.

I'm real happy with everything and this otc line gives me a chance to collect some figures I already have opened and keep them on these awsome cards!

I'm perfectly content with 2004 :cool:

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Exactly Deoxy. I missed a few of those figures. Namely IG-88. This chance around is good for us. I know I havent found anything past the Yavin wave and the Endor wave is being recarded so it is a chance to get those.

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Strange that Hasbro would use the Blue jumpsuit on this Fett while it was a running change to Green in the Saga line. I can see it now, they will change it again back to Green in the middle of all this craziness.

Hellboy
05-31-2004, 02:06 AM
I never understood why they changed the jumpsuit to green in the first place. :stupid:

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 07:36 AM
Either way Fett Looks real nice. Green, blue, it doesnt matter. Maybe for Halloween they will make a limited edition Orange one.

Agent23
06-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I will be getting the Bobba Fett for sure. Then again, I will be buying the whole line. I have re-discovered my childhood love for Star Wars. :classic: