PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace System

SirSteve
05-19-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd like to know what you think about a new system Action Online (the parent comany who hosts SSG) has launched at LordOfTheRingsGuide.com. It's called the "Marketplace" where you can Buy/Sell/Trade collectibles. It's essentially a classified system. Do you like it? Would you prefer an auction style system for SSG targeted to our community (with our own swing on things as we cannot compete with ebay; like no "sniping", free listings, more/bigger pictures, etc.)?

So, check it out here and post your thoughts on it (don't hold back).

http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/marketplace/?d=8

kool-aid killer
05-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Im a member of LOTRG and i have yet to register on the Marketplace. Not because i dont like the setup, its just that there doesnt seem to be much of a variety as to what is being offered. I think with time it could be something that i come to use often once a better selection is available. But i think one thing that may be of concern to members here is the possibility of having to purchase credits once they have exhausted the five free ones they are granted when they register. That seemed to be the biggest cause of concern with the LOTRG marketplace by some forum members.

SirSteve
05-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Only 1 reply? What about a fully featured auction system targeted to our community?All comments welcome.

kool-aid killer
05-21-2004, 12:49 PM
I dont think youre going to find much support or input about the system here. The LOTRG community is unique among the web, the amount of trading/selling that goes on puts ours (SSG) to shame.