PDA

View Full Version : Dagobah Luke - is there 2 versions?

evenflow
05-19-2004, 07:58 PM
I was over at Jedi Defender taking care of some Kubrick business and I noticed ont he main page there was a story about the Dagobah Luke figure. They have 2 differetn carded samples. One version with the back pack on and the other standing on his hands. The back pack one just doesn't lok right to me, but they were uncertain if this is going to be a running change, if both will be released at the same time, or if one is an early mock-up for the one actually coming out. Still worth a look.

sith_killer_99
05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
This is supposed to ship in both variations. :D

Sorta like the 2 posed SA Clone Troopers!

Turbowars
05-19-2004, 10:51 PM
This is supposed to ship in both variations. :D

Sorta like the 2 posed SA Clone Troopers!YOU KNOW THIS TO BE A FACT?

sith_killer_99
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
YOU KNOW THIS TO BE A FACT? :p

All I know is the rumors that have poped up (POTF2 is reporting it as true) and Aaron is usually pretty reliable:

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5983

:crazed:

:evil:

;)

So yes. :p ;)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Action-HQ reports that they have gotten samples of both. I'd believe them... especially with the prices THEY charge!! :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I just saw over at GH that he comes with two heads and two sets of arms; the "headstand" head and arms are packed behind the stand.

there's pics of it too, looks COOL! I was hoping they'd do it this way!

:D

JediTricks
05-21-2004, 06:07 AM
What is with this figure's heads? From some angles, they look pretty good, but from others they look hideously deformed.

evenflow
05-21-2004, 09:28 AM
What is with this figure's heads? From some angles, they look pretty good, but from others they look hideously deformed.

Thats what i was talking about when I sadi it just doesn't look right. I hope those are not the final product.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-21-2004, 12:12 PM
Thats what i was talking about when I sadi it just doesn't look right. I hope those are not the final product.

I think this is the final product, they said HQ bought one and were nice enough to open it for them to take pictures of so I'm assuming then, that's it.

It looks ok to me, it kind of looks like the face from the bacta tank, but without the bruises and blood.

All I know is I'm excited for this figure because the POTF2 one is just hideous with that bloated rooster's chest and ugly face! And it barely stands up right.

Turbowars
05-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Pics of Luke with Yoda and arm and head versions.

JediTricks
05-21-2004, 08:36 PM
They are the final product, and I think the problem stems from 2 issues - funky paint (a VERY common production line issue lately) and ball-jointed head flaring (seen with a few other recent ball-jointed head recipients, more of a design problem though). As you can see in the images Turbo attached to this thread, the heads still have paint problems, but look much better off the figure (from those angles anyway).

adultstarwarsfreak
05-22-2004, 01:26 AM
I agree. This is the figure that I want most. POFT version was alright for its time, and we all know how much improvement has been made over the years. My greatest wish is that the final product will be the same as the pictures because there seems to be a lack of qualitity in some cases.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 12:27 PM
This figure is gonna rock. I am actually getting two of them in the case I ordered, so I am opening one, and good thing 2 yodas come with it as well. :beard:

Turbowars
05-22-2004, 01:12 PM
This figure is gonna rock. I am actually getting two of them in the case I ordered, so I am opening one, and good thing 2 yodas come with it as well. :beard:Yeah, but what if the 2 Lukes in the case come as one standing and one hand standing? I kind of hope that happens, so I don't have to hunt down the variant.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 02:04 PM
I thought they were packing them together? Interchangable and all. Thats a let down. I dont want to hunth them down either. If its packed that way, I aint opening any of them.

Turbowars
05-22-2004, 02:43 PM
I thought they were packing them together? Interchangable and all. Thats a let down. I dont want to hunth them down either. If its packed that way, I aint opening any of them. NO, no, I mean Hasbro is just packaging the one figure in 2 different poses like the SA Clone. Both version will have the 2 sets of arms and heads. I ordered both OTC waves, so I will have about 4 of them and hope to at least get one.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 07:51 PM
NO, no, I mean Hasbro is just packaging the one figure in 2 different poses like the SA Clone. Both version will have the 2 sets of arms and heads. I ordered both OTC waves, so I will have about 4 of them and hope to at least get one.

Thats cool. Hopefully I get both of them then. Miss a few days with a broken modem and you fall so far behind. Its like having theflu in school. (but more fun)