PDA

View Full Version : "Stolen" information/Episode III Cards and Figures Revealed!! (merged)

JEDIpartner
05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
These are allegedly going to be the Sneak Preview figures for Episode III. Call it what you will. I thought it would be of interest to those who like to speculate.

The Sneak Preview Basic Figure of Star Wars Episode III - Wave 1

85172.0000 SW E3 Basic Figure Asst. W1R1 05
851590000 Coruscant Jedi Pablo Jill
851600000 Coruscant Wookie Senator
851610000 Coruscant Sly Moore

Hellboy
05-19-2004, 11:26 PM
All are welcome additions. Especially Sly Moore.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-19-2004, 11:33 PM
sweet deal. I remember i got to TRU one day just as they were unloading a case of the ole' EP II sneak figures. Those sold like hotcakes for a week and then they sat around. hehehehee I can't wait for these though. any date on them? :D

evenflow
05-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Well if they are that would totally and completely rock. All are welcome.

Beast
05-20-2004, 09:09 AM
I hope this really is the preview wave. Though they should toss in one more figure. There should be another long delayed E2 figure that can be tossed in here. Or maybe Padme in one of her E3 costumes, since there are always so many and they never really get them all done. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-20-2004, 01:04 PM
I was thinking there should be a fourth as well, if there is my assumption it would be Grevious.

Darth Mina
05-20-2004, 02:13 PM
:evil: Grevious should complete the preview list

El Chuxter
05-20-2004, 02:15 PM
By that logic, Dooku should've been in the E2 Preview wave.

My vote is for one of those Clonestormtroopers.

Jay86
05-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Just because Dooku was the "bad guy" in Episode 2 doesnt mean he should have been a SP figure. Greivous is deserving of a figure because we've seen more than just pictures of him, we've seen him in (animated) action. Plus the Clone Wars cartoon had its own series of 'real' figures and animated figures, and Greivous was part of the Clone Wars cartoon, and most every other main character from that series has been made into a figure. Other than that this list sounds good, but I agree with El Chuxter on the inclusion of a Clone-Stormtrooper figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm all for getting these figures, but not as sneak peeks. We've already seen them in TPM and AOTC! We need new figures from the new movie. For TPM, we got STAP with Battle Droid and Mace Windu. For AOTC, we got Jango Fett, Zam Wesell, Clone Trooper, and R3-T7. I just think we need new ones.

--SPOILERS AHEAD--

Wookiees are in this film a lot, why not rework Yarua and make a Wookiee warrior with new accessories instead? We can get Yarua later.

evenflow
05-21-2004, 08:23 AM
By that logic, Dooku should've been in the E2 Preview wave.

I have to disagree with you. Jango was the Preview figure that case. I think it fits perfectly.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2004, 08:25 AM
If they DO make a new Clone Trooper figure for the preview wave, i feel that it should be a commander one rather than a standard grunt. Those should be relegated to the first waves of the official releases.

Jay86
05-21-2004, 07:26 PM
They just posted some 'official'-ish news over at Galactichunter about the Episode 3 Sneak Preview figures. They mentioned that theres gonna be a (yellow and white, judging from the picture posted) R2 unit released as part of this set. Hopefully though this time the R2 unit will actually BE in Episode 3, unlike R3-T7 and Episode 2.

Beast
05-21-2004, 07:33 PM
R3-T7 is in Episode 2. He rolls by in the background when Anakin and Obi-Wan drag Zam Wessel out of the Nightclub. Remember these figures had to be made a long time before the final cut of E2 was finished. And the droid was shown in a web documentary at the time. So Hasbro probably figured he'd be a fitting character for a preview figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
This was mentioned in JP's 'Stolen Info' thread, but I figured a new thread with a clearer title might be in order. Hope you don't mind, JP. Galactic Hunter seems to have a different scoop on the whole 'EIII Preview Figures'. It doesn't seem to be the Sly Moore/Yarua/Pablo Jill wave after all. According to the Swami, who's been about 95% right this will be the preview wave for Episode III. The PT wave and Preview wave will be on the new OT cards, but without the 'Original Trilogy Collection' banner.

Wookie Warrior
General Grevious
R2/Astromech Droid
Helpful Alien (Bruce Spence's character)

And that there may be a Episode III sneak preview vehicle also. Similar to how the Jedi Starfighter was released early by Hasbro. Sounds good to me. They also have a word on the possible cards for EIII. And about a possible Ultimate Vader/Anakin 12" Figure 2-Pack. dang cool. Can't wait to get these in my hot little hands. :)

"Hasbro's Episode III packaging will erupt in a "volcanic" theme and be a fiery reddish orange and black in color, with Vader's helmet back on the design"

Read more at Galactic Hunter:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2819&zoneid=2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
05-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Where does this guy get his info?

Beast
05-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I dunno. But he's been right so dang much, that I'd have to say that this is what will be fact as we get closer to the release date of the Preview figures/EIII figures. I've looked over all the predictions he's done since he's started, and he is running over 90% with accuracy. So I'd have to guess he's got someone in Hasbro on his ear. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jay86
05-21-2004, 08:04 PM
R3-T7 is in Episode 2. He rolls by in the background when Anakin and Obi-Wan drag Zam Wessel out of the Nightclub. Remember these figures had to be made a long time before the final cut of E2 was finished. And the droid was shown in a web documentary at the time. So Hasbro probably figured he'd be a fitting character for a preview figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Ugh. I could have sworn he was in that movie, but so many people said "he was in the scene where the Queens ship blows up" and "he was in the Outlander club scene" and "he was in the Arena Battle scene" and so many other things about him being in a deleted scene and whatnot that I just got completely confused as to where he really was. Thanks for the info, I shall now go watch Episode 2 and find him....officially and finally :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-21-2004, 08:04 PM
sounds awesome, but why would they do one of the main villians as a preview fig? I mean, i know they did Zam and Jango, but Grevious seems to one badarse villian. Seems kinda silly to have him as a preview figure.

Regardless, sweet! :D

Beast
05-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Probably because everyone knows about Grevious by now. He's been in the toon, the books, and such. So he's got a massive built in hype. And not to mention, they probably want to do multiple versions of him. He'll be the new Maul and Jango for EIII. But kicks both of their arses in the coolness factor ring. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jay86
05-21-2004, 08:10 PM
sounds awesome, but why would they do one of the main villians as a preview fig? I mean, i know they did Zam and Jango, but Grevious seems to one badarse villian. Seems kinda silly to have him as a preview figure.

Regardless, sweet! :D
Greivous was in the Clone Wars cartoon, so we've already seen him in action and we all know what he looks like. Thats my best say as to why we'd get him as a Sneak Preview figure. And I'm not sure about how "badarse" Greivous is. He seems to be, then again Darth Maul was awesome and look how easily he was defeated......and we all know Greivous is killed in Episode 3, I'm just curious as to how.......should be interesting to see that.

Beast
05-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Maul was a pitbull character. So I don't really consider him a 'badarse' bad guy. Dooku, Sidious, and Vader are the epitome of villians in the Star Wars universe. So it's hard for Maul to live up, since he's not that intresting. But yeah, they'll probably want to flood the market with tons of Grevious figures.

Normal, Cloaked, Battle Damage, Malibu Grevious w/ New Hat. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jay86
05-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Maul was a pitbull character. So I don't really consider him a 'badarse' bad guy. Dooku, Sidious, and Vader are the epitome of villians in the Star Wars universe. So it's hard for Maul to live up, since he's not that intresting. But yeah, they'll probably want to flood the market with tons of Grevious figures.

Normal, Cloaked, Battle Damage, Malibu Grevious w/ New Hat. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
I'm fully expecting to see a variety of Greivous figures, much the same as how Jango Fett was so over-produced in plastic form.

Maul symbolized a lot, mainly the return of the Sith and the threat they carried against the Jedi. That seems to be something a lot of people overlook. Before Maul attacked Qui-Gon on Tatooine, the Jedi thought the Sith were no more. He was just more than a "pitbull" character, from the Sith tattoos and the black robes to hi double-bladed lightsaber, he was different, which made and makes him interesting to some people. And the way he was so mysterious and seemingly powerful also made him more than just a "pitbull" character if you ask me. Maybe he's just a character that interests certain people, depends on who you are I guess. I personally would have loved to have seen him survive, possibly taking Assajj Ventress as an apprentice, thus becoming a Master. To each their own though I suppose.

Battle Droid
05-21-2004, 08:41 PM
SWEET! :eek:

Helpful Alien = Tion Meddon

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 11:21 AM
SOunds damn sweet. I do believe that everyone was counting on a Grivious figure but the rest are awesome. Finally a non Chewbacca wookie figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes, this sounds much better than that other wave of figures that've already been in the films. I bet General Grievous will probably just be in his cloak on this figure, saving the multiple-saber version for another time. Kind of like how preview Jango doesn't have as much gadgets as the others. I wonder, though, if they're using the Yarua sculpt as the basis for the Wookiee figure, because I want both. Another astro droid is always welcome too, and I really want to see Tion Meddon.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I'd much rather have these than the ones reported at the :Pirate: site.

Ric Olie
05-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I hope the preview figures come out in November or December instead of a month before the rest of them like for AOTC.

Kidhuman
05-23-2004, 09:21 PM
I heard October but who knows. I would guess after the first of the year or around Christmas time myself if the DVD's arent coming out until Mid-End of September.

Tycho
05-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Dooku, Sidious, and Vader are the epitome of villians in the Star Wars universe.

Everyone underestimates the Jawas! Think about what those little critters could have done if they'd gotten aboard the Death Star! Or a Mon Cal crusier.

In less than a few hours they could have dismantled everything in the Star Wars universe if they ever got off of Tatooine!

Now you know the real secret of Star Wars.

hango fett
05-24-2004, 10:56 AM
that sounds awsome! pabloo jill should be cool! great list!
grevious or someone else i can't think of.
HF

vadersvette
05-27-2004, 06:48 PM

I agree--I just hope that the final ones in the movies (and the fig) aren't decorated with those tribal patterns tattooed all over their suits. :rolleyes: lol

jedi master sal
05-28-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm calling the troopers one of four different names:
Clormtrooper (mix of CLOne+stoRM trooper) or
Stonetrooper (mix of STOrm+cloNE trooper) or
Transitional trooper or
Hybrid trooper

Though I suppose Lucas will just call them one or the other. Probably Clones since this is the end of the clone wars.

Hmmm, maybe Clone II trooper???

I agree though that they should not have those stupd paint schemes. Plain ol' white please!!!

-Sal

Jay86
05-28-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree--I just hope that the final ones in the movies (and the fig) aren't decorated with those tribal patterns tattooed all over their suits. :rolleyes: lol
Agreed, I'm hoping the troops all look like this :

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swdb/dbimages/03/40203F.jpg

The scuff marks are cool, kind of needed when you think of whats going to happen in Episode 3, supposedly the whole movie is filled with battles and action so its kind of fitting that the troops are going to be scuffed up.

JEDIpartner
05-31-2004, 07:07 PM
All things considered, the new troopers should look amazing!

-Durge-
05-31-2004, 11:55 PM
If we get Grevious I will be happy!
If we get Grevious and a Wokkie Warrior I will be very happy!!
If we get Grevious a Wokkie Warrior and Bruce Spenses character I will he VERY VERY HAPPY!!

I hope Galactic Hunter is telling the truth...

jedi master sal
06-01-2004, 09:20 AM
It's not just GH, but RS and several European sties claiming those as the preview figs.

Jay-I agree about those clones. I just hope they are in big supply and of the super articulated variety. I want to customize some of them to be "first series" clones. Basically a boil and pop thing or make the necks a ball joint so all you have to do is take the helmets from the three pack clones and switch them.

I really hop Hasbro does this right though with this version of clones.

How many of us wanted alot of the super articulated clone and either didn't get any or just one?

I will count myself lucky that I got 2 of them, but I wanted at least 30.
Hello, Hasbro, collector wanting to give you his money hear....you might want to listen up....

-Sal

Jay86
06-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Jay-I agree about those clones. I just hope they are in big supply and of the super articulated variety. I want to customize some of them to be "first series" clones. Basically a boil and pop thing or make the necks a ball joint so all you have to do is take the helmets from the three pack clones and switch them. I'm hoping too that the figure(s) will be in big supply. Its kinda funny how Hasbro seems to have had the whole distribution/amount of what they distribute backwards for Episodes 1 & 2. I mean with Episode 1 Hasbro not only made more figures than were needed but distributed too. For Episode 2, well we just couldnt seem to find enough of the good figures and were overwhelmed with the figures we'd love to never see again (Senator Palpatine, Orn Free Taa, etc etc etc). Though I dont think its necessarily the amount of figures Hasbro made and shipped that made the Episode 2 clone figures seem to be in such low supply, I think its more the fact that one person would buy every 3-pack or SA figure they set eyes on. There were plenty of 3-packs and SA clone figures to go around, hell the other night on eBay I found one person who had about 20-25 SA Clone figures for sale (all were loose....but still, leave one or two figures for the kids, and yes there are kids who like Star Wars and the figures lol ).

How many of us wanted alot of the super articulated clone and either didn't get any or just one?::raises hand:: I've only got one, would love more then again I'm kinda running out of room as far as shelf/displaying them goes. But the second I opened up the one I did get (off eBay that is), I fell in love :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
06-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Hello, Hasbro, collector wanting to give you his money hear....you might want to listen up....

-Sal

You know, I always thought basic economics was covered in High School. Supply agnd Demand? There is a demand but no supply. :cry: I know I would throw my money towards some of these at retail, but not secondary market prices. :beard:

evenflow
06-01-2004, 11:13 AM
I never found a SA Clone Trooper :(

bandon_29
06-01-2004, 02:01 PM
hey speaking of greivous did anyone see the list * rebelscum for wave 3 of the animated clone wars figures? it lists padme artic outfit r2-d2 c-3po and general greivous take a peak

kool-aid killer
06-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Wow, some of these could turn out nice. Im going to refrain from getting my hopes up though, i hate being disappointed. The Wookie warrior should rock, cant wait to see some preview figs on my local pegs.

jedi master sal
06-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Though I dont think its necessarily the amount of figures Hasbro made and shipped that made the Episode 2 clone figures seem to be in such low supply, I think its more the fact that one person would buy every 3-pack or SA figure they set eyes on.

Heh, heh, guilty as charged. I went wild with the three packs. Then when they went on sal again at TRU, I went nuts again. I love being an army builder, but that darn SA Clone was a crimp in my collecting habits.

There were plenty of 3-packs and SA clone figures to go around, hell the other night on eBay I found one person who had about 20-25 SA Clone figures for sale (all were loose....but still, leave one or two figures for the kids, and yes there are kids who like Star Wars and the figures lol ).

What? who's zat, what the??? 20-25 clones??? When?
I'm constantly searching eBay for the SA clone. Never saw a "lot" for 20-25 of them. how much did they end up going for? D'oh, they would have been mine! heh heh.
Kids collect Star Wars? You don't say. Wow, in the past 9 years of modern collecting, I'd venture a guess that only 5 percent of the time did I ever even see kids scoping out SW let alone buying stuff.

::raises hand:: I've only got one, would love more then again I'm kinda running out of room as far as shelf/displaying them goes. But the second I opened up the one I did get (off eBay that is), I fell in love :rolleyes:

I hear ya, as far as running out of room. I'm still doing inventory from last summer on all of my stuff. I can't keep up. I'm averaging $50-100 every two weeks on SW stuff. No room at this Inn for stuff. I'm filling up the garage pretty fast and have already got a storage bin for my overflow stuff. (Some of which is already there). I can't say I "fell in love" with the SA clone, but it by far is the best Army builder to date and quite possibly the best SW figure ever. Hmmm would be a great poll question...

Jay86
06-01-2004, 05:19 PM
What? who's zat, what the??? 20-25 clones??? When?
I'm constantly searching eBay for the SA clone. Never saw a "lot" for 20-25 of them. how much did they end up going for? D'oh, they would have been mine! heh heh.
I'll try and find the name of the seller for you if I can.....the bidding started at about $13.50 a piece, I didnt check to see what htey ended for...but I've never found a SA Clone trooper that didnt go for 15-30 easily on eBay...I got mine through a Buy It Now for 17, that was a rare occasion though.

Kids collect Star Wars? You don't say. Wow, in the past 9 years of modern collecting, I'd venture a guess that only 5 percent of the time did I ever even see kids scoping out SW let alone buying stuff.
It depends where you live I guess. I've seen my fair share of kids looking at/buying (SW) figures. A few weeks ago at Disney World when I went down for the first SW Weekend I saw more kids looking at SW figures than I ever htought was possible...there was literally a sea of kids standing in front of the figures all screaming and pointing and grabbing stuff.....sounds chaotic but its good to see kids interested. In the end.....yeah its definitely mostly teenagers/young adults/adults (14+ bacially) who collect the stuff.

Jay86
06-01-2004, 05:24 PM
sal - I think this was the person, but he/she doesnt have individual clones for sale, jsut some lots....more money than I'd wanna spend though.....but here ya go:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pokie-town&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

http://search.ebay.com/Super-Articulated-Clone-Trooper_W0QQsosortpropertyZ1

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Jay, a kid would wagnt anything they see agt Disney.Especially if there was a weekend at the time. It is fresh in there mind so they want it. I would exclude that from the percentages. I have hardly seen kids scoping the SW items in retail stores. The closest they come to it is the Spidey figures hanging next tothem.

JEDIpartner
06-02-2004, 08:36 AM
I hadn't any touble getting the SA Clones as I bought one at retail and had another 4 coming from KEBco. I'm really glad that I did that. That saved me a load of problems.

Jay86
06-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Jay, a kid would wagnt anything they see agt Disney.Especially if there was a weekend at the time. It is fresh in there mind so they want it. I would exclude that from the percentages. I have hardly seen kids scoping the SW items in retail stores. The closest they come to it is the Spidey figures hanging next tothem.
I dont know how the topic of kids collecting the stuff is so important, I simply said there are kids who collect the stuff, that didnt mean theres a legion of them or anything. Besides, I did say after all "leave one or two for the kids", and that was a mostly sarcastic comment on my behalf. But again....."In the end.....yeah its definitely mostly teenagers/young adults/adults (14+ bacially) who collect the stuff."

TheDarthVader
06-06-2004, 01:01 PM
I will be happy with any "well made" episode 3 sneak peak figures. I do not want to see any special features on these figures.

-Durge-
06-06-2004, 09:41 PM
I heard someone say we will be seeing the preview wava at the San Dieago comic con. Is this true?

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 01:27 AM
I would say most likely. It will be near the end of SUmmer, so they will probably show something there.

-Durge-
06-07-2004, 03:01 AM
I remember hearing that they will show something EpIII so we can only hope it will be the figures.

Beast
06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
There's some more info about the look of the cards over at GH. They sound kick arse.:

More EP3 Packaging Details
6/9/2004 9:33:49 AM | Reported by Mike

Forum member MrPL attended this week's Licensing Show in New York City and previewed the upcoming Episode III packaging, confirming Swami's last reading about the volcanic theme. Read on for the full scoop!

...and it's hot. LAVA hot.

A stylized illustration of Vader's helmet graces the upper right of the branding, and he looks ****ed. If it's possible for him to make that mask frown, he's doing it.

The background is black with a golden Star Wars logo adorning the upper left. But the coolest - or should I say hottest - part of the new packaging is what's at the bottom of the trade dress; lava, lots and lots of spraying molten lava. It even illuminates Vader's helmet from below.

This is just the opposite of the Clone Wars packaging and should be an appropriate follow up to the OTC look. And given the composition of certain elements, it'll make a great bookend to the modern toy line.

Click here (http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=OTC&Number=71070&Main=71057#Post71070) for more!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
06-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Cant believe they are actually trying to make the cards on their own over there.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Cant believe they are actually trying to make the cards on their own over there.

lol Gotta admit, that's pretty damned funny!! and I thought I had too much time on my hands! :D

The new card design sounds very sweet indeed. While i'll miss the light blue space reminding card of AOTC, i think i'll dig the Ep III cards immensely. Cheers! :D

-Durge-
06-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow, that sounds amazing.:D

evenflow
06-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Sounds cool, looking forward to new figures.

-Durge-
06-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Well in October 2001 they shows the first EpII card and figure of Obi. So we will defenitly see something by the end of the year!!!:D

road
06-14-2004, 07:25 PM
here's my take on what the card should look like.. although probably not extremely close it was fun to mock up...

http://www.roadsart.com/images/EPIIIcard.jpg

Jay86
06-14-2004, 07:47 PM
here's my take on what the card should look like.. although probably not extremely close it was fun to mock up...

That looks good, damn good. ::two thumbs up::

bandon_29
06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
dude can you like e-mail me that card? or take something in trade?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2004, 09:36 PM

I agree, that looks FANTASTIC!! If Hasbro even does HALF as well as your card, it'll be top notch. Great work, Mr. Road!! :D

-Durge-
06-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Very, very nice! Good job!:cool:

road
06-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanx for all the props yea i had fun doing this and I hope they make a good cardback for the figures.

DarthQuack
06-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Kudos on your cardback, looks great!

evenflow
06-16-2004, 09:08 AM
That looks awesome. Cant wait to see.

hango fett
06-16-2004, 11:39 AM
lookd great! it's just funny that the figure has 2 names, but i know that's how it should be. just looks funny saying "anikan skywalker, darth vader"
still, it it marvelous!
HF

road
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Yea that does seem a little weird... it was weird when I put it there..
but ya know its true and it fits...

Hellboy
06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Wow!! :sur:

That is some really nice work road. I really doubt the new cards will look as good as that. :cool:

Darth Alex
06-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Great card. Hasbro should pay serious attention to your design. It would look great on display!

Slicker
06-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Great job with card back! And also thank you for putting in a Star Wars staple like Darth Vader instead of the already trendy General Grievous or the even trendier Boba Fett.

Kyle Katarn
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm ready to get those figures, I'm wandering how the package will be. :ermm:

Veers
07-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Looking forward to these.