PDA

View Full Version : Andy Kaufman Alive?!!

Lord Malakite
05-19-2004, 11:57 PM
An interesting story showed up today. Could it really be true and he actually faked his death (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040519/234/726q1.html)?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Andy always did say that if he got too swarmed, he would take 20 years off and i believe he's been gone for well over 20. It would be crazy if it is him though.

If you believe, they put a man on the moon..... :D

James Boba Fettfield
05-20-2004, 12:13 AM
This reminds me of the short lived Elvis web log. That was a good one.

Rocketboy
05-20-2004, 02:23 AM
As most people probably are I'm skeptical.
If this is in fact the real Andy Kaufman, then wow, good job Andy!

2-1B
05-20-2004, 03:49 AM
He's dead and never coming back . . . unfortunately. :cry:

I don't believe this current hoax which is going on. :D
I read an article recently for a celebrity laced party in honor of the 20th anniversary and people could buy tickets to attend. The catch was that there were no cameras allowed and I assumed they would try to build up a frenzy over a rumored sighting.

Who knows. :confused:

2-1B
05-20-2004, 04:03 AM
I like how they use a Press Release to list it under Yahoo News . . . because of course, if this were true then they would have the press crawling ALL OVER talking about it.

BTW Guyote, it was 20 years ago (May 16th) when Andy died. :)

evenflow
05-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Well I believe Jim Morrison is still alive so why not.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2004, 09:30 AM
If he IS back... he's a stupid bint. I don't know if he should have come back... so-to-speak. I think he left us as a comedic genius and now... well-- his work would still be considered good but I think it would diminish his mystique.

I dunno... that's just wack. I don't think that's really him.

bobafett07728
05-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I was under the impression that faking your death is illegal. I remember someone telling me something to that effect when 2Pac died. If that is true, and if he is back, then he's probably going to be running into some legal trouble. At that point we will all know if its true. I highly doubt it, however. I really can't see how it can be done, either.

sith_killer_99
05-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Of course he is alive and the article proves it!

Think about it, this is classic Kaufman! Weather he is actually alive or not! This is precisely the sort of thing that Kaufman was famous for, so in a way even if he is stone cold dead this stunt is proof that he lives on in the hearts and minds of his fans.

So yes, I guess Andy Kaufman is still alive.

Hmm, I wonder what Jerry "The King" Lawler has to say about Andy's return. :crazed:

El Chuxter
05-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I bet Jim Carrey and Michael Stipe will kick him in the you-know-whats if his death was a fake.

2-1B
05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
But Chux, the article quoted Jim Carrey because he knows that this is the real deal. :rolleyes:

evenflow
05-20-2004, 02:14 PM
I was under the impression that faking your death is illegal. I remember someone telling me something to that effect when 2Pac died. If that is true, and if he is back, then he's probably going to be running into some legal trouble. At that point we will all know if its true. I highly doubt it, however. I really can't see how it can be done, either.

I have heard that as well. I think it has to do with taxes to be honest.

El Chuxter
05-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I must've missed the Jim Carrey quote, Caesar. D'oh!

Y'know, on the one hand, this is something the little nut would do: fake his own death. But on the other hand, this "return from the dead" is something he'd put his friends up to before dying so he could goof on the world even from the grave.

scruffziller
05-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Nope he is still dead.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-26-2004, 10:47 PM
This is indeed classic Andy!

All the Elvis rumors, Jim Morrison, Tupak and such never really piqued my curiosity. They were just unfounded rumors with only a few who cling to hope believing. Unless you want dig up a body, you will never convince some people.

However, if you've seen "Man On The Moon." you would know that this is something Andy would have loved. Vintage Kaufman, playing with our minds from beyond the grave. Unfortunately, he is indeed gone. Given what we know of his life though, and of all the deceased celebrities that have supposedly faked their deaths, his is the one that I might actually believe and want to believe. :)

Darth Alex
06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
An interesting story showed up today. Could it really be true and he actually faked his death (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040519/234/726q1.html)?
Since I noticed this thread on 5/20, I've discussed the story with my parents & friends. I've gotten all sorts of comments. It's just crazy to even consider faking your own death, but I think Kaufman pulled it off. His comments about crack are priceless. With the way the world is today, I wouldn't be suprised that if he actually changed his mind and went on a major publicity tour he didn't get a negative response to be mild.
My vote is that he pulled it off. I wonder how those who are close to him really feel. It's a strange thing....

Rocketboy
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I really doubt this whole thing now.
If he were really alive, the media should be all over it.
It's been more or less ignored since the "announcment."
Until Andy comes out (sans makeup) and does a real interview with some top news people and has some real evidence, I will dismiss this as bogus.