PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Heritage

2-1B
05-20-2004, 04:17 AM
I hope the info linked at TF.N is accurate because it will have been nearly 2 years since the AOTC Widevision set was released - I've got the itch to collect a new set and I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.sportsology.net/nonsports/nscardsarticle.php3?ArticleID=155

And of course, I'll want to collect the 6 promo cards as well !

OC47150
05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Exciting news, if it is indeed true. But you would think the second series of Clone War cards would come out first.

2-1B
05-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Those promo cards are all awesome !

I like how they retrofitted the TPM and AOTC images into the old school trilogy card styles.

I'm definitely buying 2 hobby boxes of this set, or if I can get a 4 box Hobby Case like I did for X2, then I'm going that route . . . that would almost guarantee 2 decent boxes and 2 "hot" boxes.

Turbowars
05-25-2004, 11:55 PM
How much do these boxes cost? This is the 1st card set that interest me.

The Promos are going to me a pain in the butt to get. Are Promos part of the set, or are they just extras?

OC47150
05-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Promos are not part of the set. IMHO, the difficult one to track down will be #3, since it's being handed out at a specific event. Large chain bookstores and comic shops should carry the other magazines with the promo cards in them, or you could order them online from the publisher. I've done that.

The price depends on the card set. A friend paid in the neighborhood of $54 for a box of the hobby Clone War cards, and I've paid about $60 - $70 for the EPM 3D cards several years ago. With purchasing the box, at least you're guaranteed to get one complete set.

2-1B
05-29-2004, 03:40 AM
With the AOTC Widevision, I pulled about 3 sets per box.

For that series, I paid around $60-$65 per box and for this upcoming Heritage release, I'm anticipating $70 or so . . . then hopefully I'll be overestimating.

Turbo, if you are just interested in the basic card set, you can have one of my spare sets for free - believe me, I'll have a dozen or so. lol

But if you want to get the chase card subsets as well, then you might want to buy one box to get a good chunk of the chase cards and then fill in the gaps.

Well, maybe not . . . I collected the Evolution set a few years after it came out and it probably would have been cheaper for me to just buy a base set, then drop some coin on the A and B subsets. Of course, then I wouldn't have had the fun of pulling those autograph cards. :)

Anyway, if anybody else just wants the basic set of Heritage, I'll have several extra that I wouldn't mind sharing.

Turbowars
05-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Turbo, if you are just interested in the basic card set, you can have one of my spare sets for free - believe me, I'll have a dozen or so. lol

But if you want to get the chase card subsets as well, then you might want to buy one box to get a good chunk of the chase cards and then fill in the gaps.

Well, maybe not . . . I collected the Evolution set a few years after it came out and it probably would have been cheaper for me to just buy a base set, then drop some coin on the A and B subsets. Of course, then I wouldn't have had the fun of pulling those autograph cards. :)

.I'd take you up on that Caesar. The last trading cards that I collected were the Original Garbage Pale Kids.

Whats with the Chase card subsets?

2-1B
07-23-2004, 02:10 AM
So did anybody pick up the Comic Con exclusive Promo card ?

I'll be getting mine on eBay, methinks . . . I'm actually in need of 3 of them so in case anybody here has some extras, I am definitely in the market for a few.

I'd take you up on that Caesar.

Will do. Well, I'll probably ask you to cover the shipping. :D
Same goes for you, stillakid.

Whats with the Chase card subsets?

Ehhh, these are a pain in the butt because they'll pack them rare and out of . . . let's say 12 or so different chase cards, they might put 3 or 4 of them in a single box. You see where this is going ?

stillakid has the right idea on these in that it's cheaper in the end to buy a base set and then a chase set on the aftermarket (and you'll definitely end up paying more for the dozen or so "rare" cards vs. the 90 or so average cards. :crazed: )

It's fun though, and that's why I like to collect certain lines by the box. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Yes; I got the blue ROJ border #P3. Don't know if they had other ones. The series will be on the old card stock like the 80s versions, AND the Topps rep there told me that there will be gum, too! Individually sealed, though, but gum. GUM! :eek:

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2004, 02:06 AM
I have a whole box of orginal ROTJ red border cards, all in their indiv. packages...with gum...GUM still. Don't know how good it is, but you're welcome to a few pieces over some martinis Bel-Cam ;)

I can't wait for this set to come out. I just saw the advertisement for them in the new insider and am totally excited for all this retro stuff. Man have I been in heaven lately since retroville star wars stuff has been coming out up the wazzooo! Yachachaaaaaaaaaaaa!

EXCITING TIMES I SAY! :D

Although I'm not a chase card goer after so if I get any, they're yours Mr. Caesar ;)

Tonysmo
07-25-2004, 07:48 AM
I had no idea we had die hard card collectors in here as well.. Woot!

Yeah, Ill be picking up a few of these bad babies myself.

I thought Id enjoy the Clone cards more so than I have, but I guess when I dont have any true hobby stores around that carry anything other than pokemon.. its hard to get the good cards, like the sketch cards. The base set does rock though.

The evolution set was very cool, and for awhile I was able to pull the autograph everytime the guy set out a new box. Only a few autos, but jammin nonetheless.

Gum.. mmmmmmmm...

Kidhuman
07-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Caesar, will you have any additional sets after TW and STilla? If so LMK. :beard:

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 10:14 AM

I'll be getting mine on eBay, methinks . . . I'm actually in need of 3 of them so in case anybody here has some extras, I am definitely in the market for a few.

Same goes for you, stillakid.

Ehhh, these are a pain in the butt because they'll pack them rare and out of . . . let's say 12 or so different chase cards, they might put 3 or 4 of them in a single box. You see where this is going ?

stillakid has the right idea on these in that it's cheaper in the end to buy a base set and then a chase set on the aftermarket (and you'll definitely end up paying more for the dozen or so "rare" cards vs. the 90 or so average cards. :crazed: )

It's fun though, and that's why I like to collect certain lines by the box. :)Got you a SDCC promo card Caesar! You don't have to go to E-bay!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2004, 03:01 PM
The evolution set was very cool,

got my self a nice full set thanks to yours truly, Caesar :D That's one of my favorite sets that came out. Although I'd eventually like to get a full set of the chrome vintage cards they had out a couple of years ago, those are GREAT too.

:)

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
got my self a nice full set thanks to yours truly, Caesar :D That's one of my favorite sets that came out. Although I'd eventually like to get a full set of the chrome vintage cards they had out a couple of years ago, those are GREAT too.

:)Do you need a SDCC promo Deoxy?

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Do you need a SDCC promo Deoxy?

That would be GREAT! Did you get a bunch of them or what? ;)

THANKS

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 03:28 PM
That would be GREAT! Did you get a bunch of them or what? ;)

THANKSI got about 6 of the ep3 ones. I will send it with your Bespin Leia.

If anyone gets some of the other Promos and have extra I'll take one.

OC47150
07-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Turbo,

If you could help a fellow collector out with one of the promo cards, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure we can work some type of arrangement out.

Turbowars
07-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Turbo,

If you could help a fellow collector out with one of the promo cards, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure we can work some type of arrangement out.PM me again, my in box was full.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I got about 6 of the ep3 ones. I will send it with your Bespin Leia.

YOU....are a dear!

:kiss:

ps. glad you liked the con!!

I really wish I could have gone this year to meet all of you who went this time. Last year though I was very lucky to meet SirSteve and Tycho. That was one of the best parts of the con, to put faces to infamous names :)

Kidhuman
07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I got about 6 of the ep3 ones. I will send it with your Bespin Leia.

If ya didnt send out IG-88, hook a brother up.

stillakid
07-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Same goes for you, stillakid. . :)

Word up. :D Where do I send my SASE?

2-1B
07-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Whoa, this thread moved from page 1 to page 3 in no time ! That's gotta be a record here in the Card Section. :crazed:

I'm in a hurry so I'm sorry if I mis anyone, I'll be back later:

Stillakid - wouldn't it be a SASB ? (Self Addressed Stamped Box :D )

Kidhuman - mos def, I'll let you know when I drown myself in a pile of Heritage and you can get one from me

Deo - you rock, I'm loving your passion for this set and of course Evolution.

Bel-Cam - yes indeed, gum, wrapped gum and if it's ANYTHING like the recent Garbage Pail wrapped gum, I won't be chewing it. :crazed:

Turbowars - Looks like those ROTS promo cards are in high demand so if you still have one, I would be delighted. If not, I'll secure one elsewhere. :)

Kidhuman
07-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks bud.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Kidhuman - mos def, I'll let you know when I drown myself in a pile of Heritage and you can get one from me

It'll be like finding a needle in a haystack, there'll be soooo many card. ;)

I think I might even try for the chase cards on this set now that Turbo is sending me one. :)

Hey Caesar, what are the autograph cards in this set, if any?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Whoa, this thread moved from page 1 to page 3 in no time ! That's gotta be a record here in the Card Section. :crazed:

Bel-Cam - yes indeed, gum, wrapped gum and if it's ANYTHING like the recent Garbage Pail wrapped gum, I won't be chewing it. :crazed:
Uh, no, not really, no. There are some who don't even collect the cards, but... who'd disagree with you. ;)

You would chew a collectible, Caesar? A potential investment of unlimited value? Ooohhh... [faints] :eek: :p

Turbowars
07-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Turbowars - Looks like those ROTS promo cards are in high demand so if you still have one, I would be delighted. If not, I'll secure one elsewhere. :)Yeah I still have one for you. PM me to get things rolling.

Just to let you 2 know Kidhuman and Deoxy, your cards have been shipped with your figures.

Kidhuman
07-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Turbo, you da man, thanks alot bud. Did you get that mail yet?

Turbowars
07-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Turbo, you da man, thanks alot bud. Did you get that mail yet?Yeah, I got it a couple days ago.

You are very welcome!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah I still have one for you. PM me to get things rolling.

Just to let you 2 know Kidhuman and Deoxy, your cards have been shipped with your figures.

RECEIVED!

Thanks a million! :D

2-1B
07-30-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi Deo, no word yet on the available autographs but they are showing sketch card samples and they are very cool !

That lousy Joe Corroney, he did some Yoda cards which take up TWO cards - DAMN HIM ! :crazed:

Kidhuman
07-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Received today in fine condition. Thanks again.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-31-2004, 01:22 AM
Hi Deo, no word yet on the available autographs but they are showing sketch card samples and they are very cool !

That lousy Joe Corroney, he did some Yoda cards which take up TWO cards - DAMN HIM ! :crazed:

Is it various artists doing sketches...from all six films?

Kidhuman
07-31-2004, 08:17 AM
DEo, check out the main page, Click the link in the news column and follow the article on SW.com for pics of them.

Samuel Windu
08-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Just heard a news that some appeared in Evolution,then may appear again this set.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-05-2004, 11:07 AM
DEo, check out the main page, Click the link in the news column and follow the article on SW.com for pics of them.

I forgot to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction so....ThANKS :D

Kidhuman
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM
yousa welcome

Turbowars
08-05-2004, 10:34 PM
yousa welcomeKid, please refrain yourself from you vulgar language. Thanks You.:beard:

OC47150
08-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Mark Hamill and JE Jones signatures are to be included as part of the autograph cards. Cool!

2-1B
08-13-2004, 03:20 PM
That IS cool, but I hope they will be adding some more names ?

2-1B
09-08-2004, 02:06 AM
I got my exclusive "P2 Attack of the Clones" card today with my order from Star Wars.com . . . 2 down, 4 to go ! :)

Nice card but damnit if they didn't just toss that thing loosely in the box. :rolleyes: Two dinged corners but thankfully I was able to straighten them out sufficiently. :Ogre:

Deoxyribonucleic
09-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Nice card but damnit if they didn't just toss that thing loosely in the box. :rolleyes: Two dinged corners. :Ogre:

:rolleyes: You'd think by now they would realize that we are collectors and that we like our stuff in good condition...kinda like when you spend money anywhere and expect to get things unbroken, unused, non-regurgitaded (food :stupid: )...stuff like that!! Come ON! Star Wars shop, get with the picture here people!!

Hey Caes...which others do you need? P1 and P4?

OC47150
09-08-2004, 01:35 PM
My card came in good condition. I think it was just tossed in the box, too.

Contact the shop and complain. Can't do no harm.

P-1 is being released with the next Insider.

2-1B
09-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Hi Deo, I have 2 and 3 so I need:

1) coming in the next Insider as OC just said. :)
2) ---
3) ---
4) coming in the new issue of Non Sport Update magazine which I'm picking up Friday.
5) coming to me via eBay soon. I bought a "sell sheet" from a seller who is also including P3 and P5. P5 is originally exclusive via the Diamond Previews catalog. My local card shop owner said he would watch for it in his next copy but I'm getting with my sell sheet anyway. :)
6) coming in the next issue of Gamepro magazine, due out the last week of this month.

OC47150
09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
I was surprised to see that P4 was handed out at ComicCon. I won a bid on ebay for P3 - P5.

I'll have to look for the Non-Sport Update this weekend.

Samuel Windu
09-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Still no words on more signers :cry: Still no words on the ratio of sketch cards & autos :mad: Only know is the etched foil card inserted 1 in every nine packs.Set of 6,2 different sets from retail & hobby box :)

Deoxyribonucleic
09-09-2004, 10:58 AM
I'll keep a look out, i've been doing mags at work alot so i'll most likely be able to score p6 at least! :)

Turbowars
09-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Wondering if anyone can help me with any promos besides P5 and P3?

OC47150
09-12-2004, 02:19 PM
The comic shop didn't have the Non-Sport Update on Saturday. I'm stopping at the bookstore this afternoon to check again.

2-1B
09-14-2004, 01:25 AM
I saw the publishers of No-Sport Update at a big card show in Chicago and they had tons of the new issue. It comes with P4 as well as P5.

The mockup in the last issued show an AOTC Yoda cover but they actually went with Anakin/Padme/Luke/Leia.

So now all I need is P1 from Insider 78 and P6 from GamePro Nov.

:Ogre:

Deoxyribonucleic
09-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Wondering if anyone can help me with any promos besides P5 and P3?

I'll try to get as many p6's from gamepro and the p1's from the insider as possible!

:)

Turbowars
09-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Cool thanks.

Hey, where are going to get your boxes Deoxy?

OC47150
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Anyone read/hear a firm release date for the cards? Most of the ads said it would coincide with the release of the DVDs.

OC47150
09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Rebelscum reports that the cards shipped to retailers on the 20th, so they should be showing up very soon.

Also, anyone else a little disappointed the P1 wasn't included in the latest Insider? Rebelscum also reports that P1 will be available in the newsstand edition. That's a switch!

2-1B
09-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Yeah, I'm VERY salty about the lack of P1 in my new Insider.

Guess I'll have to go to the newstand and rip it open to collect my free card. :evil:

Last I heard, the expected ship date was Sept 29th but that could have changed. :confused:

And by the way, after this set I'm pretty much done with Topps. :rolleyes: The limited number of those 3 measley autograph cards is sickening to me. If they are going to use auto cards as a selling point, they should not be inserted at an average of 1 every other case. :mad: That's 1 every 16 boxes and it sucks. They should be 1 every other box with sketch cards in the others.

There are TONS of people out there from both trilogies who could be used. They don't all have to be top tier.

Oh well. :Ogre:

OC47150
09-24-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow, a bookstore that carries a ba-gillion magazines, and hoping to get the Non-Sport Update.

This is the first box of cards I've bought since the Ep. 1 3D cards, and I bought this box because I had the extra money at the time. I normally either buy packs at the comic/retail stores or a complete set dirt cheap on-line.

OC47150
09-24-2004, 08:18 AM
The autograph card issue doesn't bother me. Of the other times Topps has offered extras like this, I've never got one.

I am buying one CW sketch card from a friend just to have one in my collection.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Guess I'll have to go to the newstand and rip it open to collect my free card. :evil:

And by the way, after this set I'm pretty much done with Topps. :rolleyes: The limited number of those 3 measley autograph cards is sickening to me. If they are going to use auto cards as a selling point, they should not be inserted at an average of 1 every other case. :mad: That's 1 every 16 boxes and it sucks. They should be 1 every other box with sketch cards in the others.

Oh well. :Ogre:Is that a spoiler as to how Anakin turns to the Dark Side, Caesar? Anger over a lack of free cards? ;)

I am looking forward to Heritage, as well as the E3 set (maybe sets if they're of decent quality and not too expensive :greedy: ). But after that, I'm with you; not so fun anymore.

2-1B
09-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Bel-Cam, it seems that I overreacted now that I can have my own P1 on eBay for a mere song of $45.99 or $51 with Buy it Now.

Look: :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=672&item=6121432283&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

OC47150
09-27-2004, 08:09 AM
Does anyone think we'll see a second series of the CW cards within in the next year - 18 months?

I could see Topps releasing the EP. 3 cards, maybe the second wave of CW cards, and then a second Ep. 3 set.

DTMAN
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello.
I can't wait for this new set
Plus the added bonus of Hamill in the autograph set. 1st time for him.

I have colected SW cards cine the beginning and have some sealed boxes that I kept sealed and opened the another box.

Picked up about all the promos except one.

I have some extra ones. Willing to trade or sell.

Please e-mail me. Thank you.

2-1B
09-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Cool, 2 sketches have now popped up on eBay . . . the Tusken card looks like that old McQuarrie concept piece, eh ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=672&item=6121661630&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

plasticfetish
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Anybody find these at retail yet? I've been looking -- I see the little "coming in October" sign at Target, but that's it.

And, BTW... what are you guys paying for boxes of these?

2-1B
10-05-2004, 02:40 AM
I ordered my case of 8 Hobby boxes for $450 but now that same dealer is charging $575 . . . good thing I pre-ordered but then again, I could have had it for even less if I had ordered sooner.

Get this, my friend ordered two cases and already got them - pulled the elusive Carrie Fisher autograph card from one of them, so he can easily sell that off if he wants to and make enough to more than pay for the cost of his first case, probably 1 or 2 hundred more.

I'm still waiting for my case. Should be here any day now.

So to answer your question, PF, I paid about just under $50 per box or so . . .

plasticfetish
10-05-2004, 04:23 AM
That's a good price. I called my local shop today (well, yesterday) and they said they had them for around $70. Individual packs for $2.50 (sucks.)

That's pretty hot that your friend found a Fisher card. (Amazing.) I'm gonna hit my local comic shop after work -- grab a few packs to check them out.

OC47150
10-05-2004, 08:53 AM
My box came yesterday. No autos, no sketch. Four of the six foil cards. Two cards short of a complete set. Almost half of another set.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a sketch card, but that's my luck. I just bought my first CW sketch card from a friend last night for $10.

I'll be checking out ebay in the coming weeks for sketch cards.

I also plan to hit the comic shops this weekend, too, to get a few more packs. Hopefully, Target and WM will carry the retail version for $2 a pack.

I paid $68 for the box, plus shipping and insurance, for a total of about $78.

OC47150
10-05-2004, 02:59 PM
My day has gotten a lot better since my earlier post.

I contacted the vendor I bought my box from. Apparently someone else didn't get an auto/sketch card in his box, either, so the vendor contacted Topps, who told us what to do to rectify the problem.

plasticfetish
10-05-2004, 11:03 PM
I paid $68 for the box, plus shipping and insurance, for a total of about $78.I picked up a box on my way home tonight. Mine came to about that much also. One foil card so far, and the gum pile is growing.

NICE to see the OLD man on the ROTJ (#66) "Blessings from beyond" card! :)

Also... love them ROTS spoilers!

2-1B
10-06-2004, 04:04 AM
OC, I was reading your first post and I thought, you NEED to contact Topps because I heard that they were handling complaints by having customers send in the box botom from their faulty box. I'm glad you already got the info you needed.

PF, I was actually bummed out to see Oldie in there but let me explain - this set was hyped up as being timed to coincide with the DVD yet they used "outdated" images like old Ani and '97 version of ANH Jabba. Sorry, it just bugs me. :D

Anyway, congrats and good luck on whatever sketches / autos you all might pull. The sketches range from being totally crappy IMO to incredibly outstanding. Of course, the more rare artists seem to be the better sketches. More time spent on them.

No offense but I'm getting tired of most of the Randy Martinez sketches, just not my style. Some are alright but others are weak. I know I'll pull one for sure, maybe two of his from my case.

Still waiting on that case, should be here soon. I'll post my box breakdowns as they occur. :)

OC47150
10-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Yep, I have all the info, but still need to type the letter up. I'm hoping to get it out in today's mail.

So the auto/sketch card problem is widespread? I'm glad to know Topps is handling it.

Yes, ROTJ #66 was a good one. I'm glad Topps didn't change that card.

plasticfetish
10-07-2004, 01:00 AM
this set was hyped up as being timed to coincide with the DVD yet they used "outdated" images like old Ani and '97 version of ANH Jabba. Sorry, it just bugs me. :DYeah, I know what you mean though. When I got to the card with ANH SE Jabba, I was a little disappointed. That one needed to be changed -- though I'd just as soon see them skip the whole idea. ;)

---

So... I've opened the entire box. I've got one full set, and just about another half set. I only ended up with four of the six foil cards, but I suppose that's how they get me to buy more. No autograph card for me, but I didn't expect one. I did get a decent sketch card of Ki-Adi-Mundi by Davide Fabbri.

I have 3 of 6 preview cards -- need P2, P3 and P6. (STILL can't believe I managed to not get a preview card at Comic-con. Lame.)

On the whole, I'm extremely happy with this set of cards and how great they look. I think Topps did a super job of putting this one together and I'm gonna grab another box at retail, hoping to get some stickers and finish out this second set. (I'll give the half set to PF jr. for his B-day in a week or so.)

He can have all of the gum (man that stuff's bad) or maybe I'll give it out for Halloween. :)

Turbowars
10-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean though. When I got to the card with ANH SE Jabba, I was a little disappointed. That one needed to be changed -- though I'd just as soon see them skip the whole idea. ;)

---

So... I've opened the entire box. I've got one full set, and just about another half set. I only ended up with four of the six foil cards, but I suppose that's how they get me to buy more. No autograph card for me, but I didn't expect one. I did get a decent sketch card of Ki-Adi-Mundi by Davide Fabbri.

I have 3 of 6 preview cards -- need P2, P3 and P6. (STILL can't believe I managed to not get a preview card at Comic-con. Lame.)

On the whole, I'm extremely happy with this set of cards and how great they look. I think Topps did a super job of putting this one together and I'm gonna grab another box at retail, hoping to get some stickers and finish out this second set. (I'll give the half set to PF jr. for his B-day in a week or so.)

He can have all of the gum (man that stuff's bad) or maybe I'll give it out for Halloween. :)Hey, I have 1 SDCC P3 left if you want it. I still need P1, P2 and P4.

plasticfetish
10-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Scored a P6 today. :)

Hey, I have 1 SDCC P3 left if you want it. I still need P1, P2 and P4.Yeah, I'll take it, thanks! I got my P4 (and my P5) out of Non-Sport Update magazine. I'll see about picking up another issue to get you a P4 and then we can trade. (I'll just sell of the extra cards that come with the magazine later. ;) )

I'll let you know if/when I get it -- we can trade info. Cool?

2-1B
10-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Here are the sketch cards I pulled and my opinions of them:

Chewbacca by Randy Martinez - I'm not big on this style especially at it concerns the Wookiee. I'll likely be trying to trade this one.

Emperor Palpatine by Sean Phillips - I'm not a fan of this one either, it just doesn't do much for me.

General Grievous by Matt Busch - I love it ! I like Busch's style and as one of the most common artists, hopefully the people who just pulled a card by him will be pleased. I am.

Bib Fortuna by Davide Fabbri - Great card ! Love the detail, it's just awesome.

2-1B
10-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Jar Jar Binks by Randy Martinez - Great card ! Way way cooler than the Chewie card and I really like Jar Jar so I was glad to get this character. Seriously, I was.

Jawa by Jeff Johnson - Great card ! Awesome details, perfect touch on a classic character.

Darth Vader by Tommy Lee Edwards - I don't know if the scan will do this card justice but it is unbelievably cool. So simple yet so well done to bring a good deal of emotion to the piece. I just love it.

Bossk by Dan Parsons - Easily my favorite pull from this case ! It's incredibly detailed, very accurate, and it just happens to be one of my favorite minor characters.

So in total I'd say that I am VERY pleased with 6 of them and 2 of them get a "meh" rating but those 2 can always be used in trades. After all, once the issue of artist rarity is dealt with, these are all subjective in terms of their "value." Who knows, maybe I'll find a Chewie fan who just has to get that sketch ? :D

OC47150
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Great sketch cards, Caesar!

Has anyone got a full set of the foil cards out of one box yet?

2-1B
10-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Nope, and it's quite unlikely since there are 6 Foils in the set and each box should have 4 of them. :)

Then again, some people pulled a second sketch card in a box so who knows . . .

OC47150
10-13-2004, 08:03 AM
I found the retail version at Meijer last night (10-12). $2 a pack. One of my packs contained a sticker, which was cool.

OC47150
10-21-2004, 04:56 PM
My replacement sketch card from Topps arrived on Monday; I didn't pick it from the post office up until Wednesday. It was certified mail.

The card itself is a Busch battle droid sketch. I'm looking for a case for it tonight.

I'm also buying a Grevious sketch card off a dealer, so with two, I'm happy.

DTMAN
10-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Overall, Topps did a great job on Heritage.
Wish the odds on autos was better.

OC47150, how does on receive a replacement sketch card? Just wondering.
Was it mentioned on their website?

Thank you.

OC47150
10-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Haven't checked the website to see if there's an explanation for people who didn't get the sketch card. There was a letter included in the packaging. After the first 'sorry you didn't get a card in your box' paragraph, the rest of the letter dealt more with the odds of getting a sketch/auto card.

Topps did a very good job in shipping the card. Arrived in two weeks time, certified mail. The card itself was protected by cardboard.

Kidhuman
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Many thanks to Caesar for hooking me up with a set. These are awesome. Thanks Caesar

Bel-Cam Jos
10-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, I finally saw them (Target: $1.99 each), and I bought two packs. Anyone know what all the wrappers will be? (I got Luke & Ben, and C-3PO) I can't believe that even with the gum sealed, that the cards still smell gummy! (Umm... non-hardened nostalgic candy... ) I got the checklist card, so I figure out what I'm missing, but alas, no inserts. :( Mehbee next time.

plasticfetish
10-31-2004, 02:48 AM
Anyone know what all the wrappers will be?Just those two versions.

Funny how they aren't turning up everywhere really. I've only found the "retail" cards at a few places. (Managed to land a few stickers, but not many.)

-----

Hey Turbowars... do you still need those preview cards? (Maybe if I was smart I'd PM you. :) )

Turbowars
10-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Just those two versions.

Funny how they aren't turning up everywhere really. I've only found the "retail" cards at a few places. (Managed to land a few stickers, but not many.)

-----

Hey Turbowars... do you still need those preview cards? (Maybe if I was smart I'd PM you. :) )LOL, yeah I just need the Yoda one from AOTC.

OC47150
11-03-2004, 04:31 PM
The series 2 cards should be hitting the stores soon. Same cards, six new foil cards. I don't know if there will be different wrappers.

There are 30 stickers, if anyone is wondering.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-06-2004, 01:38 PM
The series 2 cards should be hitting the stores soon. Same cards, six new foil cards. I don't know if there will be different wrappers.

There are 30 stickers, if anyone is wondering.I feel so out of the loop; how many series are projected? 2? 5? 1138? I love the stickers, just wish I could find one in a pack. I think I'll try to collect this one by pack, since it actually interests me, unlike recent card sets. But I could just break down and get a complete set in a little while. Either way, I like the look and feel of SW:H.

2-1B
11-08-2004, 01:53 AM
It is officially being referred to as "wave 2" in that the base cards are all the same with some new artists doing sketches. And like OC said, there are new Foils which means I have some online shopping to do. ;)

I still want those stickers but I need to decide how much they are worth to me.

OC47150
11-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I got together with fellow SW collectors over the weekend, and the topic turned to the Heritage cards. One of the local comic shops is still trying to fill orders for the hobby sets. They're hoping to do that with the wave 2 cards.

As for the stickers, a few weeks ago I bought five retail packs and got one sticker and one foil card. If I don't get a complete set of stickers, I can live with that. Chances are, they will show up somewhere cheap in the next few months.

Still need one foil card (#4) and one regular card (#24) to complete my set.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Still need one foil card (#4) and one regular card (#24) to complete my set.I'm almost done, too. All I need are: #2-21, 24-26, 28-33,35-49,51-53,55-67,69-78,80-119, all the stickers, and all the foil cards. So close! :p

OC47150
11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
I bought a blasted box and didn't one complete set out of it! Ain't that a kick in the pants!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2004, 12:36 PM
At Target, where would they sell these? I looked in the regular card area but saw none.

plasticfetish
11-08-2004, 02:11 PM
It's pretty random when it comes to stores having these or not. I'll see them in maybe half of the Targets near me. (Same goes for W*M.)

Kidhuman
11-09-2004, 06:54 AM
I havent seen these in any stores by me. So I would say very random.

OC47150
11-09-2004, 08:03 AM
I've seen the retail set (non-hobby) at Meijer, Target and Wal-Mart. I have heard of incidences where guys have bought an entire box; it retails for $40 - $50 at those stores.

OC47150
11-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Anyone found the last preview card? P6? I checked a couple of places over the weekend for Game Pro but didn't see the latest issue on the shelves.

I'm going to hit Borders this weekend in hopes of finding it.

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 05:17 AM
Anyone found the last preview card? P6?Yeah, that one was out last month in the November issue. They should still be on the stands... I think.

LOL, yeah I just need the Yoda one from AOTC.C***, I need that one also. I have a spare P4 and P5. Anyone?

2-1B
11-11-2004, 02:31 AM
I've heard that SW.com ran out of the Yoda card awhile back so you'll have to hunt for it on the aftermarket or find a trading partner. :(

I'll keep my eyes peeled, I frequent a trading card website so I might be able to score some . . .

OC47150
11-11-2004, 08:02 AM
The new issue of Game Pro is already out on the stands.

OC47150
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Finally got the one card I was missing. Still need foil #1, but I figure I can just buy that one on-line.

Getting all 30 stickers, well, that's another story. I have 8 of the 30.

2-1B
12-30-2004, 03:51 AM
I'm not sure what I'll do about the stickers - at first I thought about buying a set of them but now I don't know if I'm interested enough. They're just so . . . goofy.

I do however still plan on getting a set of the wave 2 foils.

OC47150
12-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Wait til C3 or summer, Casesar. By then, a set of stickers will be $5.

I, too, want to get a set of the wave 2 foils.

2-1B
01-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, good advice.

By the time I hit Wizard World Chicago in August, I should get them pretty cheap.

I've been looking up sketch cards on eBay lately and there are a good number that go dirt cheap (*cough Randy Martinez cough*). :D

I'd still love to get a decent Anakin and Obi-Wan (AOTC) sketch card as well as a Padme . . . and a 2-1B would be incredible. Other than that, I'm probably not buying any more sketches. And besides, I need to save up for the next round of Star Wars cards in April.

OC47150
01-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I have two sketch cards (three, if you're counting the CW cards, too), so I'm happy.

OC47150
01-27-2005, 11:30 AM
After several email exchanges and a fax, a real live person from GamePro magazine called me. They had back issues of the Nov. '04 issue available for $9 ($6 for issue, $3 for shipping). So I should be getting it within a week or so.

2-1B
01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
That's cool, OC, glad you tracked one down. :)

A few days ago I got another Fan Club kit, it's a repeat that I don't think I was supposed to get ? Anyway, I was surprised to find a Heritage P6 in the mix which is awesome because my friend still needs it and he was going to have to pay probably around $10 to get one.

OC47150
02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I just renewed my subscription in December. Maybe I'll be that lucky too!

OC47150
03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Out of the blue on Friday I received an email from GamePro's customer services department asking if I'd receive the back issue with P6 in yet. I hadn't, and it had been nearly two months since I ordered it.

Short version, GamePro is sending the issue out to me free of charge. The manager was writing my addy on the envelop as we communicated, so hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) I'll get P6 in my hands this week.

I was starting to think I wasn't going to get this card.