PDA

View Full Version : New pics of "Vintage" Figures... (merged)

dindae
05-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Just got my new Toyfare. They have some good size photos of C-3PO, Lando, and Vader. They also have the same pics of Leia, Han, Luke, Obi-wan and Yoda seen elsewhere. Sorry my scanner isn't working. Need drivers that work with XP.

C-3PO - Looks good. Torso swivel above wiring. Looks like detachable limbs. Can't tell if the knees bend. I was hoping for more articulation

Yoda - Cloth robe makes it hard to say about articulation. But the robe doesn't bunch up which is good. Something about the head sculpt though too round maybe.

Lando - The cloth cape makes this figure look a lot like POTJ lando but the interior lining is all gold. The shoulders and knees are ball joints, right elbow is a swivel angle joint (is there name for that?), left arm may be fixed at the elbow. The wrist are likely rotating. Ankles may have ball joints but hard to tell. Head looks like General lando head. Comes with imperial blaster.

Vader - Ball joint shoulders, swivel angle joints for elbows, cloth cape possibly attach at shoulders or plastic chain hard to tell with black on black and poor lighting, doesn't look like the knees bend but I could be wrong. Other then that he is your standard Vader sculpt.

Hopefully someone can post the pictures shortly for you all. ;)

Silent Chazz
05-18-2004, 09:47 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?! STILL no pics of R2, Chewie, and Boba? Argh. :(

evenflow
05-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Maybe if my toyfare would ever show up on time. :(

Beast
05-19-2004, 08:45 AM
The pictures are probably pretty much the same ones I posted ages ago on the forums. Let me dig the thread up and link to it. :)

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23257

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Well thanks again then. :)

JEDIpartner
05-20-2004, 08:17 AM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/2801-toyfare%20otc.jpg

Threepio looks great!!!! Lando looks little more than a retooling of the POTJ Lando.

Beast
05-20-2004, 09:12 AM
The C-3PO is rocking, I can't wait to aquire him. Hopefully he really does have removable limbs and knee articulation. He'd be the Ultimate C-3PO then, in my opinion. As for Lando, well the POTJ figure was already good. This one has more articulation though. I wish the cape had the same level of detail as the POTJ one though. Hopefully the final version does, or I'll do a cape switch with the POTJ one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-20-2004, 01:05 PM
I am really loving the Yoda figure. CLoth cape and everything just rocks.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2004, 02:25 PM
The clothing proportions seem to be a little off... but I've come to expect it with the soft-goods. I'm not going to complain about that, though. The clothing looks great as far as I'm concerned. I just hope the faces are good. I'm not too crazy about the prototype Luke or Leia faces. I hope those issues are "corrected" during the actual production.

Yeah... the Threepio looks perfectly amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on that and Artoo. I hope they do a good job with the Artoo as well.

dr_evazan22
05-20-2004, 06:07 PM
I just picked up ToyFair and was going to post about these pics. I'm not a fan of soft goods, but these (at least in the pics) look really good. After looking at the clothing I took a moment to look at the faces. No monkey-face Leia! Luke looks pretty normal! Ben looks great! Eagerly awaiting these now!

Also, check out Hasbro's site, they have a little bit more in depth review, or explanation, of the vintage OTC fig's.

mark2d2
05-21-2004, 02:33 AM
This line is really a dream come true for me. I love the retro cards. And the soft goods (which I am not ALWAYS wild about) add a really nice touch here.

The Yoda especially. Just an amazing little toy.

Can't wait to see the rest! Can't wait to pick them all up?

Are these really going to be as hard to find --- or as limited as initially reported? I remember seeing that on some site that the initial reports of just shipping once was utterly bogus. . . Does anybody out there know?

:confused:

JEDIpartner
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM
I just picked up ToyFair and was going to post about these pics.
Any chance of you getting larger pics of them posted for us?

Turbowars
05-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Here's Obi and Leia carded. I don't really like the case, but Hasbro is doing a great job on the packaging.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Obi and Leia look awesome. I really like the Obi-Wan. Been awhile since wwe had an Senior Citizen Ben.

adultstarwarsfreak
05-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Threepio is awsome. Does anyone have a close-up of him because that figure seems to resemble the character alot, even down to his stance. Mabye Hasbro hired a new team of sculptors and threw everyone else out to the curb! Way to go Hasbro!

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 09:33 PM
It looks as if the Clamshell is not welded and I bet that will be a problem in retail. This is one series that should be bought on-line. Take a look,

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2857&zoneid=2

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Its not welded Turbo.

The retro Kenner card with coffin style blister is enclosed in a snap together resealable clamshell, which also holds the OTC UPC label insert (the insert itself has a nice decorative silver foil accent).

DarthBrandon
05-30-2004, 09:45 PM
I can't wait for these babies to arrive, I want two sets, 1 carded & 1 loose.
They look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hellboy
05-31-2004, 01:44 AM
It'll be 2 sets for me as well. :greedy:

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Here's some great pic's of Obi. The Soft goods don't look that great to me and his legs are not articulated, which is BS.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2860&zoneid=2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Whoa, is that insert removable? That would be too sweet, then I could use these for figures I actually want to keep carded. I mean they look great carded, but they just beg to be opened and played with!

Agent23
06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I wish the line had included Emperor as well, they could of put one of him in there, instead of one of the Darth Vader's.

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 07:39 AM
The Emperor is being released in the DVD packs.

vadersvette
06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I can't wait for these babies to arrive, I want two sets, 1 carded & 1 loose.
They look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It'll be 2 sets for me as well. :greedy:

Me too!!! Time to dish out $250 smackers...oh well, it'll be worth it! :crazed:

Agent23
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Can someone post a list of the Entire line of all series that are planned?

Will the line continue after the figures already announced are out?

Kidhuman
06-15-2004, 06:47 AM
There is a thread with case asst.'s and many checklists through this OTC forum

JEDIpartner
06-15-2004, 06:51 AM
Here's some great pic's of Obi. The Soft goods don't look that great to me and his legs are not articulated, which is BS.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2860&zoneid=2
Articulated enough that he can sit in the Landspeeder, though... which is good. At least he's not Eeth Koth, Barriss Offee or Luminara Unduli...!!

Dave_Cameron
06-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I hope they don't do that with the EIII figures. That was such a turn off for me. No more one-pose wonders from Hasbro!

Darth Alex
06-16-2004, 06:29 PM
When will we get pictures of Chewie, R2, and Boba? I've searched the net, but obviously nothing is floating around yet. Personally, I'm really excited about these despite the extra $5. I really want to see Chewie and Boba, especially...

Kidhuman
06-16-2004, 09:10 PM
They should surface shortly. Even EE doesnt have the case asst. for Boba Fett yet.

Darth Alex
06-17-2004, 11:29 AM
They should surface shortly. Even EE doesnt have the case asst. for Boba Fett yet.
Thanks; I believe well see them soon-September is not too far off:crazed: .