PDA

View Full Version : TRU Jedi Council Set I & II: New Pictures!!

Beast
05-20-2004, 10:30 AM
I guess this fits ok here, since it doesn't fit in the OTC or EIII areas. More photos of the TRU Excluse Jedi Council Screen Scenes have surfaced. These are still mock-ups, not the final product. But we finally get a picture of the center floor sections that will come with them. These are going to be very cool when all the pieces are out so we have the full Jedi Council. Hopefully it looks good and fits together well, since it's something they should have done a long time ago. Follow the link to Ebay for the Auction. Or check out the attached photos. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3194310092

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Droid
05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Well I am not buying those! I would like to set up the Council scene, but most of them are already released figures! All they did was put jointed legs on a few of them!

Terrible, terrible.

Darkness Shroud
05-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I think they look great. Thanks JJB!:)

dindae
05-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I am happy to see them. Yes they could be better but I remember when they didn't have these planned and a lot of us were complaining that the circle would neve be finished. But now we will get it. It almost makes you feel like they do listen. :sur:

evenflow
05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
I am just happy that the floor will be included. Hasbro did the right thing this time.

Droid
05-20-2004, 05:11 PM
But are they going to resculpt Depa and Even Piell so they can sit? The figures are terrible or just out and out rereleases?! I for one won't pay so much for the floor pieces. I'd love to have them, but this is REALLY a ripoff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM
It looks nice. But, with those blue things being way too small, the floor is gonna be messed up! They should have planned ahead better, or release something to put over it so that yellow area isn't quite so large. Anyway, I'll still get these.

Hellboy
05-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Looks good so far, not to sure about the soft goods Eeth Koth though. I'll reserve judgement until I have these in hand but I think Hasbro made the right decision to give us the rest of the council. "The circle is now complete" ;)

vadersvette
05-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Awesome! I thought that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon should have been the center floor piece set along with Anakink, instead of having them with the council chairs. :ermm: I still need the first 2....Probably pick them up over the weekend at my KB ToyWorks (branch of KB Toys). They have the screen scenes for $6.99 :greedy:
I can'twait to see the entire council together! BTW how many sets will there be? :confused:

Silent Chazz
05-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Theres supposed to be 6 sets total.

Also, if u take off Even Piell's outer robe, he can sit in a chair like Yaddle's. This way u can replace him with Yaddle in an Episode 2 Council Scene Diorama.

TheDarthVader
05-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Not too bad. I will still buy these because I must have those center pieces. I like the soft goods eeth koth. I will buy all of the jedi council sets.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Nothing fantastic. Nothing terrible. Coming into the point in the year when we are about to get more recarded figures and resculpts than new characters, it's hard to get excited over characters we've seen plenty of times in the past.With that in mind, I'm really looking forward to seeing who's going to be in that second cantina scene pack!

Even so, I will pick these up.

Sidiously Darth
05-20-2004, 10:41 PM
So far they look okay but there is definitely room for improvement. I understand the idea of the six scenes but it only takes 4 for the circle to be complete. That means you'll still have 2 left. Plus, the council will be different for Ep. III. I guess they are hoping that most of us buy two extra scenes to have 2 complete sets.

hango fett
05-21-2004, 12:12 PM
those figures suck. terrible. they could have at least used diffrent designs for yoda, obi and qui-gonn. terrible...
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2004, 01:30 PM
I think the other sets (also available this year) go like this:
*Stass Allie (standing), Shaak Ti, Coleman Trebor (AOTC)
*Anakin Skywalker (standing), Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia (TPM)
Then, though, the council's already done and even if both of these come with a center piece, there won't be enough. There should be a smaller scene with AOTC Obi-Wan and Anakin and just another center piece, for $12 or so.

Simdog
05-22-2004, 04:39 PM
I think the other sets (also available this year) go like this:
*Stass Allie (standing), Shaak Ti, Coleman Trebor (AOTC)
*Anakin Skywalker (standing), Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia (TPM)
Then, though, the council's already done and even if both of these come with a center piece, there won't be enough. There should be a smaller scene with AOTC Obi-Wan and Anakin and just another center piece, for $12 or so.

I don't think Stass Allie will be standing and Adi Gallia will be sitting. I want to believe that because they will use the same sculpt, they will have the same pose. I actually think Coleman Trebor will be standing and I'm sure Anakin will be standing. Shaak ti pose is too dramatic and scene specific to fit into the council scene like that. I think even Hasbro direct, who does pack-ins and exclusives, will make note of that.

PloKoon2385
05-29-2004, 08:36 PM
They look pretty shabby. I don't know, they look cheaply done. I hope there are some improvements. I'm kinda disappointed right now with the whole line, I haven't found much of anything lately. I haven't found the ANH wave yet. Bummer... :ermm: :dis:

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 04:02 PM
I think you all will like this

PloKoon2385
05-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Very cool! I just wish they were a LITTLE nicer done. But it's certainly better than nothing! Oh, does anyone know how I would acquire one of those cool lightsaber meters below the avatars? Thanks!

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 04:24 PM
does anyone know how I would acquire one of those cool lightsaber meters below the avatars? Thanks!Go to User CP and click on Group Membership on the left. There you can choose to be a member on the Sith or Jedi. You then will get a saber that matches the group you chose.

PloKoon2385
05-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot! :D

vadersvette
05-31-2004, 04:21 PM
That pic certainly restored my hope in the council sets...I'll have to pick up the first two at KB. I just hope that the council members standing up will have articulated knees to sit down. Knowing Re-Hashbro, that probably won't happen.