PDA

View Full Version : Buddies Return

SirSteve
05-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Yes, they are back. Check out the article and pictures here:

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30280

JEDIpartner
05-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I find it odd that I am strangely drawn to them. I have the Threepio, Artoo and Wicket ones from the POTF2 line.

bobafett07728
05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
I have a POTF2 set, but missed out on the Episode I set. I couldn't care either way about these, but at least they are only releasing the popular ones. The kids will probably by them (my niece and nephew loved playing with mine.) At least they aren't re-releasing the Cantina Band Member, Max Rebo, Wampa, Jawa, and the other ones. I think they were that line's downfall. The youngster's don't identify with non-main characters. The bins were always full of those characters, while Yoda was almost impossible to find. I could see them releasing the Ewok, and possibly Chewbacca. . . any more would be overkill.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I have and really like my complete Episode I set, so I'll get these to go along with them.

Beast
05-20-2004, 05:29 PM
They should release the cancelled last seriees of these guys. The one with Vader, Stormtrooper, etc. After all, they did design them and then cancel them. Can't be that hard to put them back into production. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
05-21-2004, 08:26 AM
I have the ones that came out a while back. They are cute, but I think i have enough.

stillakid
05-21-2004, 09:03 AM
We already have those. Why not put out the one's we don't have? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-21-2004, 07:32 PM
JJB, Hasbro has this catch-22 mindset about cancelled toys, they want to recoup the money spent on making the tools and whatnot for the toy, but the best way they can see to do that is to simply shelve the tools. I asked 'em point blank, how can they make money if they don't use the tools, but they basically gave me the runaround. It still doesn't make sense to me, the tools are already paid for and CANNOT make money unless they're used.

And yes, I'd like to see my CT buddies collection completed by Vader, the Gamorrean Guard, & Stormie as well. (I've attached a shot of them, don't actually remember where I got this image though, I've had it for over 6 years.)

PS - never bought the Ep 1 Buddies... ok, I bought Maul on clearance.

Turbowars
05-21-2004, 08:01 PM
It's understandable that Vader and the others don't get made, they look like crap. I remember seeing Luke as well and thinking why would they bother?

Ook
05-22-2004, 05:12 AM
I'd buy that Gamorrean! :D

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Looks pretty cool. I would buy the canceled set. I do have the Wicket though.

OC47150
05-24-2004, 01:39 PM
I have the first series and a couple of the Ep. 1 ones. They're an interesting novelty.