PDA

View Full Version : New Silver Sandtrooper Carded Images!

Beast
05-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Carded pictures of the upcoming exclusive Silver Sandtrooper have turned up. As usual, the first place they showed up was Ebay. Remember that he'll be a con exclusive this July 22-25 at the San Diego Comic-Con! Here's a link to the Ebay auction and the original story about the Silver Sandy. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3194310111
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/news20040408.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
05-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Looks good. Now that we have a Stormtrooper of sorts hopefully Hasbro will put the silver exclusives to rest. It was fun for a while, but enough is enough, we're ready for something different. :zzz:

dindae
05-22-2004, 11:32 AM
You don't really believe they will stop there do you? I forsee this being an easy way for them to do con exclusive without ticking off to many collectors. They are rare enough that the people who get off on having a rare exclusive can be happy but not essential enough to tick off collectors who are trying to build a diorama and can't because the one figure they need is a con exclusive that is only available accross the US on the same day as his parents 40th wedding anniversary. Personally I was happier with the R2 and Vader since it didn't look like they took some cheap silver paint and splashed it on an old figure. I expect we will see them once a year in the summer con tours with figures like C-3PO, stormtrooper, snowtrooper, tie pilot, arc trooper, clone trooper (episode 3), etc.

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Meh, It could have been better.

evenflow
05-24-2004, 08:52 AM
I would prefer new characters as exclusives, i think all of us would, but if they keep this going give me a vac metal red Royal Guard.

sith_killer_99
05-24-2004, 11:56 AM
I have to disagree. As it is now, many collectors don't care if they miss out on one of these "Silver Exclusives" but if it were a new figure everyone would be beating eachother up to get one, figuratively speaking.

So hasbro can go on rehashing old figures as exclusives, no big deal. Kinda like when they would re-work the old POTF2 packaging for Convention Exclusives, Kenny Bakers pic instead of R2-D2 or whatever.