PDA

View Full Version : Will Hasbro ever give us what we want?

Darth Evil
12-16-2001, 09:15 AM
Do any of you think Hasbro will listen our pleas for a new Imperial Shuttle, a Sith Infiltrator and a new EU line? These, of course, are the things I want most but do Hasbro ever really listen to faithful collectors?

Wolfwood319
12-16-2001, 09:36 AM
We won't get those things we want so close to a new movie. Earliest we might possibly see them, 4th quarter 2002.

Will we though?

Magic 8 Ball says: Not likely

LTBasker
12-16-2001, 11:23 AM
Basker 15 ball says: Definitely not. Well not everything at least, and not how we want it. They'll produce things fans want, but only if they can make a bundle. What they don't get is we don't just want the figure, we want the figure to do stuff. How many of you can do more than maybe 5 natural-looking poses with that POTJ Imperial Officer? See, if they can make a bundle off it and still price it at what they want to so they'll be sure to make money, they'll produce it, but they think the fact that they're producing it is good enough.

Rollo Tomassi
12-16-2001, 11:27 AM
Will Hasbro ever give us what we want?

Since you always want what you don't have, the answer is no.

Obi-Don
12-17-2001, 07:48 AM
I think we will see them but not for a while.Maybe after the rush for EPII is over they will bring out more.

Darth Evil
12-17-2001, 01:50 PM
Sigh, it'll be a while before I get a Corran Horn :( .

Wolfwood319
12-17-2001, 02:08 PM
Let's put it this way, if you ever finally do get a Corran Horn figure, you wouldn't be able to appreciate him anyway...

with Hell freezing over and all!:crazed:

GNT
12-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Too many collectors all want different things,Hasbro cant make everthing to satisfy us, So I highly doubt they'll make everything we want :(

bigbarada
12-17-2001, 08:57 PM
Considering how collectors can never actually agree on what they want, I doubt Habro will ever satisfy everybody.

Sure some would rejoice at the idea of a Corran Horn figure but there would still be people like me who would ask, "who the gonk is Corran Horn?" while simultaneously asking, "why couldn't Hasbro have made the Imperial Dignitary instead?"

I see the POTJ X-Wing Luke as the best Luke thus far, some see it as the worst. Some of us are eagerly awaiting the 25th Anniversary figures, some of us wonder why Hasbro bothered.

Hasbro will never please everybody at the same time.

So, until I get a super-poseable, removable helmet, POTJ quality sculpted, double cloth caped Darth Vader I myself will never be completely satisfied.:D

stillakid
12-17-2001, 09:41 PM
What do you mean, collectors want too many different things? It sounds like everybody has agreed that they really want everything if possible and definitely premium items like the Shuttle and Sandcrawler.

I think that maybe they'd listen to logical requests for these high price items if they'd understand why the EP I stuff didn't sell. Classic Trilogy items are still popular because EVERYBODY liked those movies. EP I stuff didn't sell that well because only "true fans" loved the movie. It's hard to get a consumer to fork over cash for a toy that will only remind him a big disappointment.

Bring on the Classic Vehicles and Playsets. They will sell. Really!

sith_killer_99
12-17-2001, 10:37 PM
Uh, I thought that EP1 stuff sold like hotcakes...at first. The trouble was OVERPRODUCTION.

BIGBARADA: you forgot to say "2-piece removable helmet with 12 points of articulation" HEHEHEHE I love Vader figures!

As for Hasbro, well, eventually we will get alot of what we want. But like most have already stated, we will not be completly satisfied with what we get.:rolleyes:

bigbarada
12-17-2001, 11:24 PM
It seems memories are short in reference to the Ep1 buying bonanza that went on in the summer of 99. The real problem was that retailers ordered and Hasbro produced more toys than could have possibly sold even by the most optimistic estimates.

The idea that since Ep1 one didn't change the world, alter time and speed up the harvest making it a failure, is a common one. Ep1 made $415 million in 4 months. It took Ep4 20 years to make $460 million and Titanic over one year to make $700 million. Ep1 only disappointed those with the most unrealistic of expectations; story faults and plot holes notwithstanding, I'm talking about financial expectations.

My comment on collectors never agreeing can be proven with Hasbro's recent fan club exclusive. For months (years?) many of us have been asking for a multi-pack of army-builder troopers in a no-frills package. Hasbro plans to do just that and suddenly we get complaints as to how Hasbro is jipping us?:confused:

stillakid
12-18-2001, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
My comment on collectors never agreeing can be proven with Hasbro's recent fan club exclusive. For months (years?) many of us have been asking for a multi-pack of army-builder troopers in a no-frills package. Hasbro plans to do just that and suddenly we get complaints as to how Hasbro is jipping us?:confused:

They are? Sweet! I hadn't heard anything about that. When is it supposed to happen?

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 07:56 AM
Stillakid, you get four (4) Stormtroopers in a no frills white box, wrapped in little baggies. Two with long rifles and two with regular issue blasters. people are complaining becasue they aren't new sculpts (rather CT Stormie molds) the guns look flimsy, and they don't come in displayable packaging. I shoud say OTHER people are complaining...I think it's gonna be super sweet!

stillakid
12-18-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Stillakid, you get four (4) Stormtroopers in a no frills white box, wrapped in little baggies. Two with long rifles and two with regular issue blasters. people are complaining becasue they aren't new sculpts (rather CT Stormie molds) the guns look flimsy, and they don't come in displayable packaging. I shoud say OTHER people are complaining...I think it's gonna be super sweet!

When?

Darth Evil
12-18-2001, 01:25 PM
Isn't the Stormtrooper pack a fan club exclusive? The fan club is only open people in the USA so if it is, I'll never get it. It'll go the way of my dream Corran Horn figure :cry: .

Jargo
12-18-2001, 01:44 PM
Ah, How are things in the Emerald Isle then Darth Evil? Is collecting over there as bad as it is on the mainland? Do you have a TRUseless over there? How are prices? Do you weep copiously as I do when you hear of these fan club exclusives? Do you feel like committing murder when store exclusives are unveiled? Tell me for I am intrigued to hear what tales can be told from the land of lush pastures and lilting harp music and other Irish stereotypes.

No seriously, I'd love to hear about the state of collecting in Ireland. It would help me to understand how bad hasbro UK really is. I have a cunning plan.............:Pirate:

bigbarada
12-18-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

When?

I'm not sure when the actual release date will be; but you can go to www.collectstarwars.com and look in the archived news for the story. They only posted it a week or two ago so it shouldn't be that far back.

GNT
12-19-2001, 03:07 AM
4th quarter next year :)

Dryanta
12-20-2001, 11:43 AM
I wish Hasbro would learn what we(collectors) already Know.If they make it we'll buy it.Oh sure ,we'll gripe and complain about some and praise others,but we'll buy it.I think the Imperial shuttle will be made.The "tooling" I'm sure is still usable.Cheaper for them.Sandcrawler maybe.Sith Infiltraitor?I doubt it highly.To expensive to make for a small market.do I wish they would make one.It would be huge

Wolfwood319
12-20-2001, 12:22 PM
4th quarter next year

That's rough! I thought they'd get these out before May.

You just can't win.

Rollo Tomassi
12-20-2001, 11:06 PM
You know what I really want from Hasbro? Some really nice, super detailed diorama/playsets. I was over at NiubNiub's diorama website and his foamcore creations kick butt. I want high quality dioramas like those and ACPin's that I don't have to spend months building. I'd pay more for quality. instead, we get these cheapie fold together things or sort of wimpy stabs at playsets like the freezing chamber.

Darth Evil
12-21-2001, 02:06 PM
Collecting is worse here in Ireland, the only place I can anything (In the city I live in) Star Wars is in a film merchandise shop. In there Deluxe POTJ Darth Maul is 25, MADNESS!!!! Cunning plan? :eek:

GNT
12-21-2001, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
That's rough! I thought they'd get these out before May.

You just can't win.

But atleast its coming out :) So it might take alittle longer,it'll be worth it in the end :)