PDA

View Full Version : Reversed Lyrics...

Kidhuman
05-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Over on another site someone posted this link (http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm) to a guy who reversed some lyrics and got some crazy stuff out of it. Its quite funny. Check it out. Its got Zepplin, Britney, Beatles and Queen

Tonysmo
05-23-2004, 03:41 AM
Interesting. Ive heard stairway and another one bites the dust in reverse before. Stairway sounded different than what I remember,. however, that was many moons ago, and I of course was um.. toaster pastry at the time. needless to say, I was very freaked out from what I had heard. It was a long quiet ride home. **shudder**

Exhaust Port
05-23-2004, 09:06 AM
My old walkman was dropped once which screwed up the tape reversal mechanism. Sometimes rather than switching from side A to side B it would only reverse the direction of the tape but not the change the position of the head. The result would be listening to the previous song in reverse. Creepy.

This of course spawned the interest to listen to songs that had known reversed talking to finally figure out what they were saying. The 2 that I remember were Crazy Train by Ozzy where it said something about marijuana and a song off The Wall by Pink Floyd that stated by discovering that message you should send a postcard care of Mr. Pink to some location.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Oooh, that was scary. I don't like it when they do that, it freaks the hell out of me!

Kidhuman
05-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Oooh, that was scary. I don't like it when they do that, it freaks the hell out of me!

Dude, I just read your statement and nearly choked on my egg sandwich. That was funny. I used to feel the same way when I was younger.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Dude, I just read your statement and nearly choked on my egg sandwich. That was funny. I used to feel the same way when I was younger.
Glad I can be of help. ;)

That Britney Spears one was just funny though, I wonder if there's any in her other songs?

Rocketboy
05-23-2004, 10:37 PM
That Britney Spears one was just funny though, I wonder if there's any in her other songs?There is... sorta. In "I'm A Slave For You" - or is it 4 U - you can her her whisper, um, some "naughty" stuff.

jeddah
05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
my strange friend, Tracca told me that she replaced The Wizard of Oz's soundtrack with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and that it worked perfectly - sometimes scarily - in places.

I know this is not reversed, but thought it was kind of the flavour of this thread...

:ermm:

jeddah

elvandrik
05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
That oz stuff is trippy.

CaptainSolo1138
05-24-2004, 12:33 PM
There is... sorta. In "I'm A Slave For You" - or is it 4 U - you can her her whisper, um, some "naughty" stuff.
You mean naughty like "let's draw on the wall with crayons", right? Britney would never say anything naughtier than that. :rolleyes: :D

Kidhuman
05-24-2004, 01:25 PM
my strange friend, Tracca told me that she replaced The Wizard of Oz's soundtrack with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and that it worked perfectly - sometimes scarily - in places.

I know this is not reversed, but thought it was kind of the flavour of this thread...

:ermm:

jeddah

Actually, if you pop in the Wizard of Oz and when the Lion(MGM) roars for the third time, start playing Darkside and it lines up perfectly. FOr example

When he sings balanced on the biggest wave, race towards an early grave, she falls off the fence into the pig pen
When he says, Home, Home again....Dorothy leaves the fortune teller and arrives at home.
The Great Gig in the sky....goes perfectly with the tornado.
The beginning of Money kicks in as it goes from B&W to color.
When he says Which is Which and WHo is Who, Glinda the good witch shows up.
Brian Damage starts as she meets the Scarecrow
At the end of Eclipse when you hear the heartbeat, she puts her head on the Tin Mans' chest

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Dark side of Oz, you can't attend a large university without having to experience that once.

Dr Zoltar
05-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Dark Side of Oz works well the first time through the CD. Once it repeats, things don't synch up too well.

My favorite part is the gear noises when you see the evil lady on the bicycle.

evenflow
05-24-2004, 02:44 PM
When I wa sworking in radio we used to use an instrument called a short cut which we could play song backwards and edit stuff out. It was pretty cool trying stuff out cause you never know what you would hear. Rammstein was always fun becuase we didn't understand them forward or backwards.

El Chuxter
05-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Many years ago, I "scanned" (not sure of the correct word) "Stairway to Heaven" into a computer at the college and reversed it. I did this because supposedly "Rock and Roll" reverses to say "Here's to sweet Satan, I follow him, don't you?" (Though to me it always sounded like "Yip yip ya say say morrla gobbledygook."

Figuring that "Stairway" might contain more heinous satanic messages :rolleyes:, I was rathered shocked to make out one completely intelligible line: "I wish it would snow ice cream."

There you have it. Zep wasn't evil. They just loved ice cream. :)

Exhaust Port
05-24-2004, 03:20 PM
There was some industrial band that my brother was telling me about that had some eerie talking in a particular song that was nothing more than the reading of a receipe backwards. Evil Cooking!!!! RAhh!

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Everyone knows the best use of reversal was playing the guitar sounds backwards in the intro to Blackened.

Fire!
To begin whipping dance of the dead!
Blackened is the end!
To begin whipping dance of the dead!
Color our world blackened!

Damn, I need to listen to that now

Exhaust Port
05-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I forgot about that part JBF. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2004, 05:41 PM
There was some industrial band that my brother was telling me about that had some eerie talking in a particular song that was nothing more than the reading of a receipe backwards. Evil Cooking!!!! RAhh!
One of my sister's creepy friends had a CD on, with what sounded like Hitler saying stuff to his Nazis. Turned out it was the ingredients for brownies in German. :p So I don't know if the two are related.

Has anyone seen Little Nicky? That part with Chicago backwards is hilarious!

Exhaust Port
05-24-2004, 06:49 PM
One of my sister's creepy friends had a CD on, with what sounded like Hitler saying stuff to his Nazis. Turned out it was the ingredients for brownies in German. :p So I don't know if the two are related.
Now that's funny! Gotta love bands with a sense of humor. :D:beard:

Dr Zoltar
05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
I’m just amazed at how clear the Led Zeppelin words are. But I can’t imagine what part played forward says six-six-six (I don’t hear anything repeated 3 times when listening to it forward).

The Beatles track sounds as though they purposely learned how to say that phase backwards. I once saw on an old episode of “That’s Incredible” in the 80’s where some guy could say almost any word backwards perfectly.

I heard a rumor that on Weird Al’s song “King of Suede” that he says “Satan eats cheese wiz” backwards in some part of it. I’ve never been able to confirm this though.

jeddah
05-25-2004, 05:36 AM
Okay, time for me to represent MOBO again ;)

The vulgar truth behind Missy Elliott's Work it

"Is it worth it, let me work, put my thing down, flip it and reverse it, flippy bippy dibby doo" which translates thusly;

"it's yours if you can get it wet, ******"

later on she repeats a line the right way after reversing it;
flippy bippy dibby doo
"I'm not a p********e, but I can give you what you want"

jeddah <just waiting for the rap backlash> :D

Kidhuman
05-25-2004, 12:42 PM
I always wondered why in the world she muttered stuff like that.

mrpauldeeds
07-15-2004, 11:33 PM
"it's yours if you can get it wet, ******"

awwww man, i've wondered what that was, no i wish i didnt know. thats gross.