PDA

View Full Version : TRU "exclusive" Jedi Council sets...

JEDIpartner
05-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Glad to see that the new Jedi council sets will be including slivers of the centre section of the floor. This was reported from another site earlier in the week and the one with Qui-Gon has shown up as a mock-up in the OTC packaging.

http://www.potf2.com/potj/images/archive/otc/otc_jedicouncil_mockup.jpg

If you look at the image, look at the piece underneath the curved portion of the base on which the chairs are attached. That piece appears to be elevating the main piece unlike the cardboard used in the SAGA issues.

Here's the piece in place, as it appears on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3194310092&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

ew2seal
05-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Do you know if these new sets will connect with the old sets to form the complete circle of the Jedi council. I haven't heard yet.They look like they will though.

Turbowars
05-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes they will complete the circle, but we need 6 sets to do so.

sith_killer_99
05-23-2004, 11:44 AM
The circle is now complete.

Oh wait, we still need 2 more sets. ;)

Turbowars
05-23-2004, 11:55 AM
You know since Hasbro dropped the ball on the cantina sets by not finishing the bar I can see them doing the same thing with the council. I'm surprised the trash set was completed.lol

sith_killer_99
05-23-2004, 12:10 PM
WHAT?!?! Hasbro didn't finish the Cantina sets? But I saw them on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5900123336&rd=1

Complete your set for just $180.00 (for 3 figures). :crazed:

Oh, you must be refering to the half circle end section. Well, I am sure Hasbro will come up with a $100.00 play set that includes the end piece. :stupid: Kinda like the Red Astromech that came with the Queens Ship! Oh wait, lots of people got that for free, courtesy of the clear plastic window. :greedy:

In any event I am sure Hasbro will find a way to cash in on it....eventually. :ermm:

dindae
05-23-2004, 01:04 PM
the other two are coming. scheduled for october 1

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001Z93I4/qid=1085331807/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-5386476-1708854?v=glance&s=toys

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001Z93IO/qid=1085331807/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-5386476-1708854?v=glance&s=toys

Hellboy
05-23-2004, 02:23 PM
This set should look nice once we have it all together.

If Hasbro put the same amount of quality into the Cantina sets as they did with the council we'd all probably own a Kitik Keed'kak by now.

dindae
05-23-2004, 03:24 PM
To me the whole downfall to the cantina sets was figure selection. Every incarnation of Greedo, Ponda and Momaw were peg warmers. It was doomed in the conception phase.

Hellboy
05-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Add to that the fact that the bar pieces themselves were totally inaccurate with those dumb barstools and no rounded piece. It all = Garbage. :dis:

JEDIpartner
05-24-2004, 09:18 AM
All for sets are currently available for ordering on Amazon.com. These have been confirmed for definite release so there will be no "ball dropping" by Hasblah on these items.

One thought... will one of these pieces have a gap where the door to the chamber would exist?

Hellboy
05-24-2004, 04:36 PM
One thought... will one of these pieces have a gap where the door to the chamber would exist?

Thats a good question JP, but I think its probably safe to assume Hasbro didn't think of that. :dis:

JEDIpartner
05-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Yeah... I'm really thinking that's is the case, which is why I brought it up. :(

Jayspawn
05-25-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm gonna pass on the upcoming Jedi Council sets altogether. I dont like the repackaged Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi-Wan. I would have prefered new figures.

JEDIpartner
05-27-2004, 09:48 AM
I don't give a toss about those reissues. It's the rest of the contents in those sets that impress me.

vadersvette
05-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know the complete list of figs in all 6 sets? From my understanding, the council from EpI and EpII are spliced together? Or Do we get both (the 3rd figure standing up is the replacement)? :confused:

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 04:10 PM
For those who decided against buying these, this might change your mind.

dindae
05-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Now that is sweet.

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Well it would've been better with the chamber door gap JEDIpartnr mentioned but I still like it. The center piece seems to blend pretty well. I wish they would've flipped the council chamber picture around 180 degrees so we could get a look at the new figures, if those actually are them.

Turbowars
05-30-2004, 04:26 PM
I'm sure they didn't want us to see the new figures just yet.

JEDIpartner
05-31-2004, 08:00 PM
I am quite happy with the end result; with or without the gap for the doorway. Well done.

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
For those who decided against buying these, this might change your mind.

No it didnt change my mind.

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Well you better change your mind Mr.!!!!! Drop and give me 20!:dev:

sith_killer_99
05-31-2004, 09:54 PM
20? Hahahaha, is that all you got?!?! :evil:

These are nice (not GREAT, but nice) and I am looking forward to completing my sets! :D

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Sorry, 15 is my limit. I dont do them for a living like you Sk99

Turbowars
05-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Uwwwwwwwww you got burned Killer!:p Never mind.:sur:

dindae
05-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Did you jump threads Turbowars?

Turbowars
06-01-2004, 12:14 AM
I sure the hell did!!lol

Jay86
06-01-2004, 02:27 PM
According to RS Coleman Trebor wont be in the Shaak Ti/Stass Alie 3-pack, instead Agen Kolar will.....even though he wasnt in the Jedi Council in Episode 2:ermm:

Sidiously Darth
06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm happy with the results so far. I will be somewhat disappointed if the finished sitting Council members are just reused upper bodies with spindly jointed legs. At least the current ones have bodies that are somewhat proportional.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2004, 05:14 PM
It looks very nice. I suppose the space between two sets could be used as an entrance. But, why did they give Stass Allie Adi Gallia's cloak? I bet it's Adi Gallia with her face painted darker, but I'm hoping for a new head. And Agen Kolar instead of Coleman Trebor? It's dumb, but I guess the Coleman we already have would work, and this way we're getting another new Jedi (though I bet he, too, is just a darker face repaint).

B'Omarr Monkey
06-03-2004, 01:19 AM
As a complete set it looks great. I'm going to swap my Ep.1 Yoda with the one in the 3-pack. He's way too green. maybe it's from looking at how much mascara Ki-Adi Mundi is wearing. :)

ronhudy
06-05-2004, 11:02 AM
They look like garbage to me...

I wish they would have just made a Jedi Council Room playset, and let us choose which figures to buy - perhaps releasing 2 to 3 Jedi per wave. You remember what playesets are, don't you Hasbro? I still don't know who they are trying to market to. If they were marketing more towards kids who play with the toys, we'd see more playsets and vehicles. If they were marketing to collectors, I would think we'd see better figure selection and distribution. Looks like they're kinda trying to do both, while accomplishing neither. I've really cut back on my collecting - I've quite disappointed the last few years. I can see myself buying a half dozen or so OTC figs, the OT DVD...that's about it.

JEDIpartner
06-17-2004, 09:10 AM
...of the figures in the last two sets.

They are: Stass Allie, Agen Kolar, and Shaak Ti (set 3) & Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia, and Anakin Skywalker (set 4).

evenflow
06-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Agen Kolar? Sounds Familiar yet I cannot place it.

JEDIpartner
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
He's another Iridonian, like Eeth Koth.

stillakid
07-18-2004, 05:37 PM
What is the price going to be per set for these? Anyone know? The reason I ask is because KEBco is offering them to members for $29.95 each. I can't imagine that TRU will be charging quite so much but I have these fears that they still have some of the first round collecting dust and will be afraid to order enough of the OTC versions.

??? :confused:

Reefer Shark
07-18-2004, 08:09 PM
I found the 1st set (w/Ki, Yoda, & Qui-Gon) at TRU for $19.99. Pretty weak set for the $$$ - two repacks, and a slightly different Ki-Adi Mundi.

I still bought it though....

It said 1 of 6 on the package so I'm guessing that they're gonna re-release the previous two Saga ones on OTC packaging? Any openers should head over to KB and grab the Saga ones for $7.99 while you still can.

JEDIpartner
07-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah... KEBco's got them marked up, but I am assuming they are actually having to go out and buy them for $19.99 +tax for each and are marking them up for the profit. After all... a company doesn't survive on good will alone!

They are all available on amazon.com for $19.99 as well.

Samuel Windu
07-19-2004, 11:40 AM
So which set you think will be pegwarmmer?Scene 1(ki,Yoda,Qui-Gon)?

jjreason
07-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah... KEBco's got them marked up, but I am assuming they are actually having to go out and buy them for $19.99 +tax for each and are marking them up for the profit. After all... a company doesn't survive on good will alone!

That last bit's good to know, JP. At least I'll have something I can order when the next silver figure gets offered up on their site. I got them through Kebco last time knowing they'd never come up to Canada - but then my rotten luck brought me to literally hundreds of sets at a KB in New York - I could have had 3 of each set for what I paid. :frus: That's the way love goes.

KEBco
07-21-2004, 01:11 PM

Actually we buy these in Asia. Don't know why but the TRU's exclusives are always more expensive that any others. Our cost is more than retail, then we must pay for shipping. This is why we do not have 100's of the TRU's exclusives. But we try to get a few for our club members.
We tried once to pick these up at retail, but it is almost impossible to find more than one or two. And then you have to drive all over H**L and creation and may come up empty. We just gave up and bought them in Asia. (Wow, I sound like one of our commercials).

Ken

shammykenobi
07-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have any information on the jedi counsel set with agen kolar and stass alie?? I know that agen kolar looks alot like eeth koth and that stass alie wore the same basic outfit of adi galia...so is hasbro just gonna give us eeth and galia with different names or are they different figures??? I hope they're new figures.

Jay86
07-23-2004, 02:22 PM
so is hasbro just gonna give us eeth and galia with different names or are they different figures??? I hope they're new figures.
Thats what it looks like, according to the pics from the Comic-Con. Though if you look on the back of the Qui-Gon/Yoda/Ki Adi Council Scene thats out now, and you look at the set with Shaak Ti, Stass Alie, and Agen Kolar, they look to be different than the figures Hasbro showed at the Comic-Con. It'd be cheaper for Hasbro to just rehash figures and rename them, which is prolly what'll happen. As of right now I guess its hard to say what we'll get. I mean look at the Cantina Set (the one with Blue Snaggletooth). A few days ago, before the Comic-Con, pics were released showing the Flashback Ben Kenobi in the set. Then at the Comic-Con, they put a crappy POTF2 Ben in the set. So who knows what we'll be getting with the council sets (or the cantina sets as well for that matter) :confused:

aceguide
07-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know why the Saga version eventually ended up at KB for $7.99 vs. $20?? I will definitely hold out and pray that happens again...

Hellboy
07-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know why the Saga version eventually ended up at KB for $7.99 vs. $20?? I will definitely hold out and pray that happens again...

The $7.99 price was due to them being on clearance. They went as low as $4.99 at Target. I wouldn't count on the same thing happening with the new Council sets due to them being a TRU exclusive. Being an exclusive normally means a shorter production run and also take into consideration TRU is still selling the original Saga sets for full price even after every other retailer has cleared them out.

I'm also wondering why these are in the OTC style packaging when they obviously aren't part of the OT. :confused:

vadersvette
07-24-2004, 04:22 PM
I hope they do end up cheaper somewhere. I'm not paying no 80 bucks to finish off the set. 32 bucks is more like it. As for the packaging, I remember Hasbro saying that PT stuff will be in the black and silver style. The only difference is that the PT stuff will not include the OTC logo on the packaging.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Has everyone seen the Comic-Con pics on SSG? It seems like Stass Allie will be sitting and the same sculpt as Adi Gallia, but with a darker face, which is okay, I guess. It looks maybe like Agen Kolar (who is the same sculpt as the POTJ Eeth Koth) has a different face pattern, but I don't know. Too bad that Anakin is the mechanic version, they really should've cleaned him up a lot, he wasn't nearly so dirty in the Council.

By the way, for people who are still wondering, Stass Allie and Agen Kolar will be on the council in ROTS.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-29-2004, 10:21 PM
The first set of these is now out. I found one at TRU today. On the side of the box it is labeled as being "Scene 1" on the back of the box it says "collect all 6 sets" so it appears that TRU might be planning on rereleasing the previous 2 sets, though why, I don't know. They still had some of those on the shelves at $20, even after everyone else had remaindered them at $9.99 or less. I hope they save those two for last then, so they don't kill the line before completion.

I'll post a review in the review section.

Ji'dai
07-30-2004, 12:11 AM
I also saw the first OTC Jedi Council scene this week at TRU and passed on it. The Ki Adi Mundi looks like the only "new" figure in the set with his articulated knees. I'll probably get it eventually, hopefully at KB for $7.99 ;)

Samuel Windu
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
I also think Hasbro will re-release the previous 2 sets in OTC packing.

Ji'dai
07-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Hasbro will have to re-release the previous two sets to include the wedge-shaped floor sections, which are necessary to build the inner Council floor.

B'Omarr Monkey
07-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Hasbro will have to re-release the previous two sets to include the wedge-shaped floor sections, which are necessary to build the inner Council floor.

That was my initial thought too, but I'm looking at my set with Yarael Poof, etc. right now. It comes with the wedged shaped floor section already.

dindae
07-31-2004, 02:50 PM
You must have got a bonus pack B'Omarr Monkey. Mine came without. There are only four floor sections needed to complete the floor. So they don't need to rerelease the first two sets. And since they is still in abbundance at my Toys R Us when I picked up the new sets today they shouldn't.

Ji'dai
07-31-2004, 06:58 PM
That was my initial thought too, but I'm looking at my set with Yarael Poof, etc. right now. It comes with the wedged shaped floor section already.

Hmm, neither one of my SAGA Jedi Council scenes came with the wedge shaped inner floor section. But the point is moot if only four wedges are needed to complete the inner floor; as those are included with the new scene packs.