PDA

View Full Version : Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Tycho
05-24-2004, 10:08 PM
We've done threads on wave-by-wave favorites and follies for all the figures made up to now.

How about those never made before?

Since the list could get long and difficult to vote on, I'm going to approach this by offering no more than 10 figures at a time, from certain segments of each movie. Then we'll do specific movie run-offs, and that sort of thing.

Because of the current focus on Classic Star Wars, I thought it might be refreshing to start off with Prequel figures.

We'll begin with Episode One: The Phantom Menace and see what everyone wants the most from there.

This group of figures takes us from the end of the opening scroll up until the Jedi appear before the Gungan City Council.

So vote for the figure you want THE MOST out of...

1) Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
2) Radiant VII male co-pilot (Republic Officer)
3) Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
4) Commander Tey How (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
5) Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up)
6) Nute Gunray Hologram
7) Senator Palpatine Hologram
8) Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid)
9) Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember)
10) Padme Handmaiden

Grrrr. I had to make the first one hard...

The ones with the most merit to me are Dofine, Tey How, Rep Teers, and Padme.

As a diorama builder, I guess I'll start by setting my own precedent and voting for the figure I'd use the most of:

Padme Handmaiden wins for me here, because I'd use this figure to not only represent the leading lady, but all her handmaidens in the scenes they are required for. I might wind up buying as many as 20 handmaidens for different scenes. I mean only her face would be possibly distinguishing her from say any other handmaiden. All the rest of the figure's body and individuality is covered by the robes.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-24-2004, 10:20 PM
I am in total agreement, from your four essentials, to your final pick. The handmaidens have been on my complete top ten want list for a long time now, and it hasn't changed. They get my vote as well.

Silent Chazz
05-24-2004, 10:26 PM
I thought the Blue Pilot Battle Droid has already been made, the one that came with that mini-Tank thingie. My vote goes towards Padme Handmaiden as well. A Needed staple in many peoples' dioramas.

LusiferSam
05-24-2004, 11:40 PM
I'll also vote for a Handmaid version of Padmé. I could care less about dioramas, but I a good of Padmé in her one of her handmaid outfits should be done.

As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.

Rocketboy
05-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Padme Handmaiden easily. Perfect for and online exclusive like the Cantina Band was. This is a figure I've wanted for a long time now.

And where the heck were all of you on my "if you could pick an online exclusive" thread? :)

plasticfetish
05-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Great thread idea Tycho!!!

As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.
Yeah, but that figure from the "Armored Scout Tank" barely counts. Would be nice to have gotten a normal version of this one.

Oy. Would be nice to have gotten all of these figures -- you're right Tycho, this one's tough.

I've wondered for a while why we didn't get the Radiant VII captain or co-pilot. Those would have been great.
Captain Dauldry Dofine or Commander Tey How -- Can't have too many Niemoidian figures, and these would look really cool. I would have loved a nice bridge playset also.
Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up) is the one that I don't care too much about... especially with a molded cloak.
Nute Gunray Hologram would be great. I love the holo figures -- as long as they're the "old" style blue ones.
Again, Senator Palpatine Hologram would be great.
Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid) -- can't have too many battle droids.
Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember) -- I had to look this one up, as I couldn't remember exactly who this was. I could go for more Gungans in general. I'm kind of surprised (again) that we got as limited a selection as we did. This one is pretty obscure, but cool. I could see it coming as part of a "High Council" set or something. Either way, I'd dig it.
A Padme Handmaiden figure would be nice for sure, and again, I'm surprised it wasn't made.

I'll pick Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation) as my choice here.

Rocketboy
05-25-2004, 07:56 AM
After thinking about it, I think probably the only way we'd get Radiant VII pilots were if they came with the Radiant VII, which would be cool, but I doubt would happen.

evenflow
05-25-2004, 08:05 AM
The hand maiden all the way.

Droid
05-25-2004, 08:48 AM

Doubt it without the vehicle being made

I want them both. I think Dofine is the most significant character on this list, but Tey How is a much different figure than previously sculpted.

Just take a molded cloak from Obi-Wan and put it on a Qui-Gon figure.

6) Nute Gunray Hologram

Don't care about hologram figures

Can use other battle droids and there was the poorly made blue one

A strong candidate, a different kind of Gungan

10) Padme Handmaiden

A good scene builder for many of you, but not for me.

I vote Dofine. I like main characters.

JabbaGlob
05-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Hand Maiden, please! I'll take two.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Padme Handmaiden too. :)

jedimarvin
05-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Great new thread! My vote goes to Padme Handmaiden as well.

El Chuxter
05-25-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm surprised Tey Hwo isn't feeling the love here. I'll vote for him. Uh, her. It. Whatever.

Kidhuman
05-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Tey How or Handmaiden. But Tey How is first. Hasbro seems to have a knack for Neomodians.

Tycho
05-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Padme Handmaiden seems to have an uncatchable lead:

Padme 9
Dauldry 2
Tey How 2

I am basing the winner off the majority of 20 votes unless we see a huge influx of voters here. That being said, unless one of the Niemoidians gets 7 more votes, they won't catch Padme (kind of like the movie a bit, eh?) But I'm guessing the Niemoidians will likely split their vote. But they are great choices for figures too. This is a tough group to choose from.

The next bunch takes us all the way from our Escape From Naboo up to the time the lead characters spend on Coruscant.

I will do a separate group for soley Tatooine characters.

I will do a separate group for Galactic Senators.

Now Choose Your Most Wanted Figure From:

Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat)
Black Travel Queen (softgoods that can sit on Royal Starship Throne)
Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic
black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit from landing platform
Queen Amidala - PreSenate (yellow gown from Palpatine's Office)
Sei Teria - Asian woman, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's aide
Queen Amidala - Post Senate (black gown -Palpatine's office and Nute Gunray's arrest)
Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - from Senate and Post Senate scenes
Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)

Choose!

This is another tough poll for me. It is sad that there are still incarnations of main characters that need to be made - or is it? Luke Stormtrooper from Kenner came out in 1985 - about 8 years after his appearance in that uniform in 1977 and figures started being made in 1978. But it's been 5 years since TPM was released, so you'd figure we'd get some more of the Queen's elaborate outfits since it seems only natural since she's the leading lady.

The softgoods resculpts I recommended would be useful with the Queen's Royal Starship - a really nice collection piece to set up with all your Naboo figures - so I for one see the merit in the soft stuff, even if they are not always that nice. But then again, look at POTJ and OTC Lando...

Still, figures never made before is the theme of our poll, so I'll go with figures really NEVER made before. And we're back to the need for more Amidalas.

That being said, I need 2 of the Post Senate figures and 2 of the Purple Gown figures for the scenes described above.

I have to say the Purple (Return to Naboo) Gown Amidala wins for me here, because we have nothing like her in our collections at all. It was a really tough choice for me between this one and the black. I still really need them both!

Silent Chazz
05-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Put me down for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo as well. The more Queen outfits, the better.

JabbaGlob
05-25-2004, 01:36 PM
My vote is for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo. Her costumes are so elaborate and this particular version would look fantastic in plastic!

El Chuxter
05-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Panaka was tough to find the first time around, but not in need of a resculpt.

A great Qui-Gon figure would be nice, now that we've had some time since the glut of mediocre ones, but he's not necessary.

I think another Padme Amidala would be the best of this bunch, and am not wildly leaning toward any of these. So as not to split the vote, I'll go with "Return to Naboo" as well.

Droid
05-25-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't much care about any of these, but I'll vote:

Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)

Hellboy
05-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Last round: Captain Dauldry Dofine

Current Round: Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo (purple travel gown)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-25-2004, 05:49 PM
same goes for me, Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo (purple travel gown)

I would eventually like to have her in every outfit she wears, but that could take up a whole years' worth of figures :silly:

Jaff
05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Well I for one have been waiting for a Rep Teers for a long time. Sure I want all of these figures, but Rep is on my number one list.

For the second poll Sei Teria is a must. She's a different character that would look well with a diorama. ince episode I stuff hasn't been made that much (Jedi Council pack), I'm just hoping to see her made some day.

dindae
05-25-2004, 10:25 PM
So far i'm going with the flow. Padme Handmaiden and purple gown queen. I wonder how many version of padme we will have at the end of this. She definately has the worst figure/outfit ratio of any main or secondary character.

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 12:34 AM
Padme Return to Naboo.

plasticfetish
05-26-2004, 03:32 AM
Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat) - Oooh. Cool idea.
Black Travel Queen (softgoods) - Oooh. Another cool idea!
Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic - Eh. Not so important. What we got, we got, and I'm not sure that doing it in plastic would be better.
Black Coruscant Guard - Sure... why not? But I'd suppose that it should have happened a while ago.
Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit - Too obscure.
Queen Amidala - PreSenate - I'm down with the different outfits also, but this one's pretty obscure.
Sei Teria - Again, should have happened, maybe as a set... but too obscure now.
Queen Amidala - Post Senate - Too many black gowns perhaps?
Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - Too obscure, but maybe as a set. Would be nice.
Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo - This one would be very nice, and different enough from the others.

I'll vote Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral) for this one.

Tycho
05-26-2004, 05:17 AM
Wow! Queen Amidala has a 10-1 lead over Sei Teria. Unless the Chancellor's aide comes up with 9 more votes in a row, Padme does it again! So I'll sort of call this one early for the Queen, but the voting is actually still open.

Now we'll try something a little tougher - like the tough streets of Mos Espa. We're going back to Tatooine because this bunch all sort of go together.

Choose Your Favorite From:

Gragga or SwokesSwokes (the chubba vendor)
Wald (little Rodian)
Kitster (Anakin's friend)
Ann or Tan Gella (blue Twi'lek girls massaging Sebulba)
Dud Bolt (podracer - looks like cross between coyote and alligator)
Ben Quadrinaros (podracer - looks like a seed in a pod)
Mohawnic (podracer - a Gran - looks like Ree-Yees)
Mars Guo (podracer - arrogant and has spiky things on top of his head)
Rats Tyrell (podracer - was killed during the Boonta Classic, had wife, kids)
Wan Sandage (podracer - looks like a green fox or close to it)
Aldar Beedo (podracer - looks like a green reptilian ant-eater with sharp teeth)
Bolls Rohr (podracer - looks like the Tasmanian Devil)
Old Jira (elder lady who's friend of Anakin's and who's bones are aching)

Dang! This one was almost tough for me. Offered are 8 more podracers which would go with Anakin, Sebulba, Gasgano, Ody Mandrell, and Teemto Pegalles to make up 13 of the 18 podracers that competed in the Boonta Challenge that fateful day. I'd left out Ark Bumby Roose and Elan Mak as I didn't quite know how to describe them, and that would have still left 3 more I'd have to consult Episode One guide books to determine the identity of. Rather I think it is safe to say that those of us voting for Podracers each have our favorites. Dud Bolt has to be mine as he reminds me of Senior Coyote from the Roadrunner 'toons - but I don't know why Wan Sandage doesn't also (but he's more like "Todd" from "The Fox and the Hound," my favorite Disney classic.

All and all, the Podracers would be awesome new aliens (and creative sculpts) for us to get, (and these would rock in the 12" line due to the cool potential for details), but then there's the question about "what about the Pod-racecar vehicles themselves?" I fear we may never get more of these cool crafts because Hasbro should have promoted them during the height of the Podracer video game hype.

It also sucks because I totally want the kids from the 'hood, and Sebulba's Twi'lek chics would have been way better than the one from Club Outlander that they recently did. So I kind of ruled them out, while I really do want them still!

I'm voting for SwokesSwokes or Gragga - or whatever you call the Chubba Seller. This alien species was also seen as having representation in the Senate, and seeing how I could use three figures in all (one for each movie's senate and one with JarJar's chubba) I think this alien would be fun. I'm not forgetting how good Dexter Jettster's E2 figure came out, so I think whatever you call the Chubba Seller, she has potential!

Jaff
05-26-2004, 05:48 AM
Gragga or SwokesSwokes (the chubba vendor) - I really want one of these figures very much. They really do look sweet!

Wald (little Rodian) - A Wald/Kitster 2 pack is a must on my list. It would really stink if Hasbro does not make these figures.
Kitster (Anakin's friend) - See above

Ann or Tan Gella (blue Twi'lek girls massaging Sebulba) - Don't care about these girls. So far they have made Shakka and Ayy Vid. Neither impressed me, and Hasbro would just release these with a Ayy bod, and a repaint. No thanks

Aldar Beedo (podracer - looks like a green reptilian ant-eater with sharp teeth)
I would like to see all the racers made. Hopefully they will make some scene sets and we can get them. If I had to pick one out of this bunch it would be Rats just because of his own little story arc in the film.

Old Jira (elder lady who's friend of Anakin's and who's bones are aching) - Jira is another figure I want because she too has lines. How could a characters who had lines in the film not become a figure?

In the end I guess if I had to pick one it would have to be Wald because Hasbro would have to totally sculpt this figure. Although a Kitster/Wald two pack is a must. I want some of the others, but these two figures would be essential to a collection.

jedimarvin
05-26-2004, 06:50 AM
Wow, these are tough. I ahdn't realized there were so many TPM figures I'd actually like to see made.

From the last round, just for the heck of it, I'll add another Amidala Return to Naboo. She showed up in a couple different scenes and sports a very different costume then any other.

For this round, I'm torn between Ben Quadrinaros and SwokesSwokes. I'd like to see both made, but I think my vote this time will go to Ben Quadrinaros I love th podracers and am always glad to see one more.

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Wald/Kitster 2 pack.

evenflow
05-26-2004, 07:54 AM
If its a Wald / Kitster 2-pack I vote fro that, if not then I go with Gragga or SwokesSwokes (the chubba vendor).

dindae
05-26-2004, 07:56 AM
While Dud Bolt is a close second. I'm going with Swokes Swokes on this one.

JabbaGlob
05-26-2004, 09:35 AM
None of those characters are interesting to me. But my vote is the Twi'lek girls by default. They were at least in a Fan Choice Poll!

Droid
05-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Wald (little Rodian) - among the top five Phantom Menace figures that
should be made
Kitster (Anakin's friend) - also among the top five, but how do you choose
between Kitster and Wald? they really should be a
two pack
the coolest pod racer yet to be made
the most significant pod racer yet to be made

I would really like all four of these figures, moreso than my votes in the first two rounds, Dofine and Return to Naboo Padme.

However, I want Kitster and Wald more than that podracers.

I would love a two-pack, but the game is to choose ONE figure.

So I pick KITSTER . Wald is a more interesting figure, but Kitster was a more significant character.

Rocketboy
05-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Think I have to go with the flow and vote a Wald/Kitster 2 pack. They seem like a no brainer. Heck, they made 2 Jedi kids that had far less screen time.

LusiferSam
05-26-2004, 11:00 AM
I seem to have missed out on the last round, but I'll add my two cents. Black Travel Queen Amidala, because I like black better than purple and I think its a cooler looking dress.
This round Ann and Tan Gella as a two pack (or one of them alone). I don't really want podracer figures without their pods and the others I have little to no interest in.

Droid
05-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Tycho, perhaps you should clarify for all of us. Are we allowed to design two-packs, or are we choosing ONE figure?

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Tycho, perhaps you should clarify for all of us. Are we allowed to design two-packs, or are we choosing ONE figure?

I look at it like this, since they are small enough to pack together, they should pack em together. They did it with Yoda/Chian and Ashla/Jempa. Also the Ewoks, Jawas and Ugnaughts. So they can do it with these guys.

Silent Chazz
05-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Ben Quadrinaros definately I saw a custom of him at RS and it looked amazing, so he would rock in Figure form.

El Chuxter
05-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Gragra, though it's not a shut-out. A Wald/Kitster 2-pack would be close behind. But Gragra just looks so cool. :cool:

Tycho
05-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Hmmm. Let's not go assembling 2-packs when we don't make Hasbro's marketing decisions. The cost factor in 2-packs have nothing to do with the size or how many they can cram on a card.

The Ewoks were 2 totally independently sculpted and fully articulate figures. They must have lost money on the Logray-Wicket 2-pack, whereas the Ugnaughts were salt-shakers, as were the Jawas (or at least one of them). It comes down to how many individual parts they need to mold.

With the Kitster-Wald situation, you should only vote for 1 or the other, regardless of whether you think Hasbro should put out a 2-pack.

Unfortunately, I don't want to recorrect a few of your votes, so for those of you choosing the 2-pack, I gave Wald and Kitster both a vote individually, and as it turns out, they each hold 3 votes equally right now, so they may tie.

With the Twi'lek girls, if Hasbro wouldn't offer a 2-pack, all you need to do is buy 2 of them. Essentially, it'd be hard to tell Ann or Tan apart, so it'd be harder to sculpt them differently at 3 3/4".

So no-one need change their vote, I was able to follow everyone's directions precisely, and this round is far from over yet.

Right now we have:

4 Gragga /SwokesSwokes - chubba seller
3 Kitster
3 Wald
2 Ann / Tan Gella
2 Ben Quadrinaros

with at least 6 new "absente ballots" not counted yet, so any character (even one with no votes so far) - could take this contest.

I think it's actually a good sign when there's still a good group of characters we'd debate over. It shows that Hasbro continuing the line further still makes sense!

At least 12 more figures from TPM have been identified as there being a market for them, while about 33 possibilities have been explored - including new ways for Hasbro to re-release the line's staple "main characters" like Qui-Gon.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-26-2004, 01:31 PM

I like this guy, he really stands out in a crowd and he'd be such a fun, crazy looking figure!

Hellboy
05-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Even though he probably won't win I'm going with Dud Bolt this round. He's so unique looking that I think he'd make a really interesting figure.

As much as I'd like to see Kitster and Wald produced I think the podracers are a much bigger part of the story in EP I and would pick every one of them first.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-26-2004, 08:40 PM
To do a little catching up:

I want all the Amidala outfits and the purple handmaidens, but agree with most everyone else that the Return to Naboo (purple gown) is the must have from this group.

Sei Teria and the brown outfit Valorum, are great candidates for a mail in exclusive.

I also want all the pod racers, Wald, Kitster, and SwokesSwokes, but

Ben Quadinaros has been on my top ten want list since I saw him (he reminds me of one of the "Freakies" from the 70s ceral of the same name.

Tycho
05-27-2004, 01:26 AM
Well, so far everyone but PLASTICFETISH that is participating in this thread has voted, and we are no closer to deciding who is the most-wanted-Episode-One-character from Tatooine, than we were before. "PF" could break a tie, but we really need more people voting in this thread to produce a clear winner between Quadrinaros and Gragga right now. Wow! This one's tight. And Kitster and Wald are still in the running, too. So voting on Tatooine will remain open as long as voting on all the groups stays open.

Our next stop is the GALACTIC SENATE!

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER TO BECOME AN ACTION FIGURE FROM AMONGST:

The Coruscant Taxi Driver (not exactly a Bothan, but looks similar)
Edcel Bargan (from Roona I think)
Mot Not Rab
The Rodian Senator (long red cloak)
Ithorian Senator (Hammerhead in long white cloak)
Ando Senator (4-eyed Aqualish like Ponda Baba - almost)
Gran Senator (either from Malastare or Gran homeworld - like Ree-Yees)
E.T. Senator (probably Speilberg's property, but we can try)
Senator Yarua (Wookiee is supposedly confirmed, but we haven't seen it in plastic yet)
Bail Antilles (human from Alderaan, wearing white)

Dang! I really want a lot of these Senators made so I can fill some Senate Speaker Cars and make a scaled down diorama of the senate forum.

I will be voting for Senator Yarua of Kashyyyk because we haven't seen the character in plastic yet, and after 9 years of Star Wars figures, maybe 17 years total if we count Kenner (who almost produced Chewie's wife, father, and child from the Holiday Special) it's about time we got another Wookiee! So inspite of anything else that might come out of Episode 3, I definitely want to see this character happen.

Mot Not Rob is seriously cool looking though, and Edcel Bargan joins him as other alien species we've never had figures of. It's a tough call though, because as far as the characters we have from Ithor, Rodia, and Malastare, they've all been the same criminal characters and we don't have any representation of their nobility from their races - just their trash (Greedo from an exiled clan and a wanna-be bounty hunter, Ponda - a murderer and pirate also wanted for torture, and Ree-Yees a drunk and maniacal killer). Not to mention the Aqualish in the senate is of a different race than Ponda and has 4 eyes.

So I'd say there are 6 good choices here. But I'll stick with Yarua for now.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-27-2004, 02:22 AM
My vote goes to Bail Antilles

the other's just don't catch me fancy, a close second though it the wookie senator.

plasticfetish
05-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Wow. Moving right along. A man's gotta work, spend time with his family... wander from store to store hoping to find that J'Quille figure someday.

Anyway -- ouch, more tough choices. looking at these names really does make you wonder why a lot of these didn't get made.

Gragra - This alien actually kind of scares me. (Kidding.) A great deluxe figure maybe, but I doubt they'd ever do it. We should have had a Mos Espa playset.
Wald - As much as a part of me thinks this is lame... another more pathetic part of me that finds itself loving the kid Jedi figures, really wants this figure also.
Kitster (Anakin's friend) - Ditto for this one.
Ann or Tan Gella - I can't believe we never got a set with these and a Sebulba figure. Don't think we'd get them otherwise.
Dud Bolt - A single carded version of any and every racer is great. A must... but we'll probably never have them all.
Ben Quadrinaros - Again... yes!
Mohawnic, Mars Guo, Rats Tyrell, Wan Sandage, Aldar Beedo, Bolls Rohr - yes, yes, yes! But how can we choose one over the other?
Old Jira - This one I don't really want. :) Maybe with the Mos Espa playset that'll never be made.

OK. I'll vote Wald here. (Warwick beats out the little kid any day.)

The Coruscant Taxi Driver - No.
Edcel Bar Gane - (Yeah, from Roona.) Again, I'm gonna have an impossible time choosing one obscure alien senate figure over another. They're all cool looking, and would make cool figures.
Mot Not Rab, The Rodian Senator, Ithorian Senator, Ando Senator, Gran Senator - Seriously, how can you pick one over another?
E.T. Senator - And he could come with a dangerous disruptor walkie talkie as a weapon.
Senator Yarua - Yeah, OK... we need more Wookies. After playing a lot of KOTOR I'm apt to buy any generic alien -- Wookies for sure -- that comes along. But the Wookie Senator is a must.
Bail Antilles - Wait, was he really in the movie? (I'll have to go back and look now.)

This vote for the Wookie Senator Yarua.

Jaff
05-27-2004, 06:45 AM
There's a couple I'm not interested in right away:

E.T. Senator (probably Speilberg's property, but we can try) - I hate the fact that these were in the movie, and if I really wanted one of these figures I would just buy the old 3 3/4 version of E.T. from the early 80's.
Bail Antilles (human from Alderaan, wearing white) - We allready had one concept figure from last year and we deffinately don't need another one. Antilles wasn't really in the film, there were some test shots and film literature on him, but he was never in the movie so I'll just bypass the thought of this one.
The Coruscant Taxi Driver (not exactly a Bothan, but looks similar) - If they make the Taxi then I want the figure, but if they don't make the Taxi I would like other figures first!

Now for the meat and potatoes

Mot Not Rab
Gran Senator (either from Malastare or Gran homeworld - like Ree-Yees) - All these dudes would be cool to see in plastic, and maybe someday we will see them in plastic.

Senator Yarua (Wookiee is supposedly confirmed, but we haven't seen it in plastic yet) - Like Tycho said we've been waiting forever to see another Wookie (besides the rollplay game version), and this figure has been dangled in front of us during a fan's choice poll, and they said they were going to make him this year! So my question is where is he?

jedimarvin
05-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Yarura would be my first choice, but since we're getting a Wookie Senator, my vote goes to Ithorian Senator - always one of my favorite alien species.

Rocketboy
05-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Don't really like any of these but if I had to choose 1...
Senator Yarua - as a deluxe figure with a Senate Pod.

Kidhuman
05-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Courascant Taxi Driver.

dindae
05-27-2004, 09:43 AM
This is a hard choice for me. I want all the senator but I'm not really excited about them. I guess I will say the taxi cab driver.

JabbaGlob
05-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Wookie Senator

Silent Chazz
05-27-2004, 11:04 AM
I'll go with the crowd and vote Senator Yarua. Wookiees are the Klingons of Star Wars. Gotta love em. IF you wanna get technical, we've had two Wookiees released since 1995: Chewbacca and Snoova the Bounty Hunter (which is Chewbacca in Disguise). We NEED more Wookiees.

dindae
05-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Three if you count snoova. We had the one from the role-playing game, Rorworr.

LusiferSam
05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
I'll go with the crowd and vote Senator Yarua. Wookiees are the Klingons of Star Wars. Gotta love em. IF you wanna get technical, we've had two Wookiees released since 1995: Chewbacca and Snoova the Bounty Hunter (which is Chewbacca in Disguise). We NEED more Wookiees.
I thought it was three (by your count). Chewbacca, Snoova (still Chewi in my book), and the Wookie figure from the role-play game (I don't know his name).

Any way, I'll vote for the E.T. senator. I know that there's not a snow ball's chance, but nobody said I had to be realistic in what I was after. Besides there are some many uses for an E.T. figure.

Droid
05-27-2004, 11:47 AM
There was the Wookie figure with the board game. Rowrr?

My gosh that is obscure! I'd rather have just about every figure in the running so far before the Tax Driver.

Could customize the Jabba's Band Rodian pretty easily for this

I will lose, but I vote for the Ithorian Senator. I love Ithorians, have since I was a kid.

Really not a fan of these figures half as much as the Tatooine figures.

What a great thread!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Any way, I'll vote for the E.T. senator. I know that there's not a snow ball's chance, but nobody said I had to be realistic in what I was after. Besides there are some many uses for an E.T. figure.

Just buy one of those e.t. figures that are on clearance at TRU and slap a barbie robe on 'im and WHAMMO ya got yerself an e.t. senator ;)

He may tower over ALL the other star wars figures, but alas, there he is in all his e.t. senator glory...his senate boat would have to be bigger than the rest too and this would probably cause a galactic war because all the other senators would get jealous and think that the e.t. senator has special privileges but others would agree that it's ok because the e.t. senators are so "big bodied" that they can only fit in a larger boat...there'd have to voting and all that nonsense, so maybe it's just best after all if Hasbro pumps one out normal size.

El Chuxter
05-27-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm voting for Yarua. I've wanted him since seeing the Flashback image on the Hoth Chewie five years ago.

Though if you change the rules, Tycho, my runner-up choice (which I'd also love to get) would be Senator Gredbleips. Preferably bringing back the CommTech chip one last time, so he can say, "Be good," "I'll be right here," and, of course, "Phone home!"

Silent Chazz
05-27-2004, 02:01 PM
D'oh! I forgot about the SW:RPG Invasion of Theed Exclusive figure. I feel dumb right now.....

Tycho
05-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Whoa! This thread is speeding right along. 13 votes have been cast and...

7 Senator Yarua
2 Coruscant Taxi Driver
2 Ihorian Senator (hammerhead)

We still haven't heard from Evenflow, B'Omarr Monkey, or Hellboy, however, even with their 3 votes similarly placed, another character cannot overtake Senator Yarua's lead. We'd need more than the usual 16 of us posting here to reverse Kashyyyk's Senator's lead. I don't need to call it in favor of Yarua right now, but we'll push on in favor of keeping this thread going like the Falcon out of a spaceslug!

This next group comprises the last characters on the list of those never made before from The Phantom Menace! We'll have gone through over 50 new possibilities from what I hope is as close to as possible of a complete list! It's cool that Hasbro has places to go to take this collection further with some quality choices, and those amongst you have identified at least 13 or more characters that you'd definitely buy.

With that in mind, let's pick the last batch.

This last "wave" is almost an extreme army builder wave. But it comprises the last of the possibilities from The Phantom Menace.

Pick the character you want to see made the most!

Handmaiden (battledress, blonde - the most different you'd make her from Padme)
Gungan Child
Gungan Female
black N-1 Pilot (Bravo 3)
female N-1 Pilot (Bravo 2)
black Naboo Security (we can't have armies of clones)
white Naboo Royal Guard (again, we can't have armies of clones)
Federation Pick-up Droid (little white E.T. droid that cleans up after battles)
Gungan Band Member (drum and trumpet included)
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration

I think that predictably, Queen Amidala Theed Celebration will win this one. The fact that versions of the main character are lacking in our collection certainly bugs to no end. The Ceremony Queen has been rumored before, but we've never seen even a prototype. But I won't be voting for anyone else in this group until we get her. Queen Amidala Theed Ceremony

While Padme is a staple for any final scene diorama (with the Padawan Skywalker figure, Obi-Wan, Sio Bibble, Boss Nass, even Palpatine, Yoda and the Jedi) it'd be hard to argue that the army builders are un-useful.

I think Hasbro would have sold more N-1 fighters had they offered multiple pilots earlier. The Gungan Civilians would also make good diorama additions. The Naboo soldiers are useful in dioramas from ANY prequel movie since it's a safe bet we'll see them in E3, and a white Naboo Royal Guard has the first speaking line in AOTC. These sorts of characters are good to release like Hasbro occasionally releases Bikerscouts, Snowtroopers, Hoth Soldiers, etc. Just that before they re-release the same figure we already have, they could do an ethnic variation on the head sculpt (while skin tone anywhere else is irrelavent because the characters wear gloves). However, if they wanted to super-articulate any of these new Naboo Soldiers, none of us would complain if we could pose them like the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

But for 5 years Hasbro has seen it fit to not do Padme from the Celebration, and that's just unacceptable!

TPM Padme's done:

Theed Throne 3rd year (2001)
Black Travel (Sabe) 3rd year (2001)
Tatooine 1st year (1999)
Senate 1st year (1999)
Fighting 1st year (1999)
Fighting Softgoods resculpt 2nd year (2000)
Sabe (decoy Queen) 3rd year (2001)

They had 5 more Padme's from TPM to do. In 2002 they did nothing about her, and in fact, besides Teemto and Lott Dodd, there were barely any TPM figures due to AOTC / CW selections.

In 2003 we didn't see much either, and I'm struggling to think of TPM characters offered that year as well.

Overall, Hasbro did a great job of covering most of TPM's essential characters, but lacking the leading lady in several scenes is ....annoying. Oh, and note that POTJ offered the most diverse selection since the original figures debuted (not surprising).

Anyway, I'll predict Padme will win it again!

Listen up, Hasbro!

JabbaGlob
05-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration - no contest!

dindae
05-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Well while I would like some more background characters as well. I can't get past the lack of Padme figures. So my vote goes for her.

Rocketboy
05-27-2004, 03:26 PM
As nice as extra handmaidens would be, Natalie Portman just looked way to hot in the celebration dress. And although it can't look as hot as Natalie, I'll still vote for Queen Amidala Theed Celebration

El Chuxter
05-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Although there are some nice possibilities there (Gungan woman with child at the forefront), I can't pass up Queen Amidala.

Unless one possibility you left off were on the list: Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon. :D

Silent Chazz
05-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Queen Amidala Theed Ceremony gets my vote. It IS a needed staple in many people's dioramas. I'd buy 2 of this figure if I could.

Droid
05-27-2004, 03:58 PM
No question, Queen Amidala Theed Celebration.

Droid
05-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Tycho, I would have thought Gardulla the Hutt might have been a choice. Was she disqualified as a deluxe figure?

Tycho
05-27-2004, 04:44 PM
DROID, I'd thought about Gardulla myself. Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon as well. I'll put these aside for a group of Ultra-Figures we could vote on. So far I've thought of 6 -taken from both prequel movies. I suppose I'll save them for after we get through the E2 waves. I also thought of at least 10 Classic Ultra Figures we could have as well. Originally I'd conceived about 18 groups of figures we could vote on (we're almost done with 5) but with Ultra possibilities, we could go up to over 21.

Since we could have run-offs for "most wanted prequel figure," and "most wanted Classic figure," not to mention "most wanted per movie figure," I figure I should ask how detailed you want me to go.

Ultimately I think I'll list ALL the vote-getters and rank them by who got the most votes to sort of make a priority-for-production list.

Right now I think I should first go through all the movies, and the ultra-possibilities, so that way if I forget anyone, we'll have the chance to add them into any per-movie runoffs, or prequel or classic runoffs.

While you're voting, you guys can tell me what you think.

Droid
05-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Definitely do a per movie most wanted figure component of this!

Hellboy
05-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Last Round: I'll go with the majority on this one and vote for the much needed Senator Yarua.

Current Round: Again I doubt these little guys have a chance at winning but I've gotta vote for the Federation Pick-up Droid. They're so small you could probably pack 3 or 4 of them into one blister or maybe just 2 with some misc. Battle Droid parts. The possibilites are endless. :crazed:

Tycho- I think going through all the movies first and ultimately having a priority-for-production list is a good idea. But really you can run it any way you want and I'll still have fun participating. :D

El Chuxter
05-27-2004, 05:54 PM
It might also be good to do a "second chance" run-off for characters that seem to get a lot of votes but not win their respective rounds. Otherwise we could run into some messy spots, like the Cantina, Endor forest, or Outlander Club. I mean, in the Cantina, I'd probably vote for Dannik Jerriko, but I'd much prefer a Hem Dazon or Bom Vimdin to 99% of the characters from other scenes.

Also, any chance of doing this (though obviously without the full casts) for some of the major EU works? :D

Tycho
05-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Remember when Mark from RS (formerly Hunter's Guild) teamed up with me and we did a bunch of EU polls with pictures? You were around then Chuxter. I really wanted to do that and I kept up a great list of potential characters to go into specific EU era collections, right down to Queen Amanoa's troops that fought Master Arca's Jedi.

I think it's a topic for another thread, as we learned that while there's something like 70-80% demand for the major characters like Ulic or Tott Doneeta (out of 100-400 collectors polled), the polls were set up where they did not directly compete with each other and they certainly did not compete with movie characters.

We used "Free Polls" software on their commercial site and set it up so you could choose multiple characters. That way we'd determine who'd buy a whole collection including Bant Erin and Xi Treemba, whether any of those were feasible, or people just wanted Xanatos (a very young Obi-Wan Kenobi actually failed to get over 60% of the votes then I think - but that was also in light of how many times he was being resculpted in Episode One versions).

Personally, what I'd do to do an EU poll right is use at least 2 threads to set it up:

1) Go through the chronology, starting with Golden Age of the Sith (the earliest offering) and take it category by category, asking folks to list characters. Everyone could spat out A'Sharad Hett, but I'd also ask for the Dark Woman.

2) Next, I would question whether we should set up the polls with these characters "competing." Yinchorri warriors wouldn't stand a chance next to Darsha Assant (I might guess), and generic Yuuzhan Vong are just as important as Nom Anor, Onimi, or Supreme Lord Shimmra - let alone Nom Anor in Shamed-One disguise or Via Raapung or variations of Jaina Solo in flight suit, combat armor, Jedi robes, plain clothes.

I think a long-running thread (which I'd participate in) would be what it'd take just to establish the list for thread #1.

I'd also want extra folks help administer it. For example, suppose you wait until 16 people or more tell you their hopes for Golden Age through Knights of the Old Republic, and then you move on to Jedi Apprentice and Darth Maul adventures.

Then somebody new comes in by the time you're on Rogue Squadron and they want to tell you about how you forgot somebody in the Jedi Quest days.

I'd take volunteers to just double-check for requests for certain eras.

I don't know where Bel-Cam Jos is, or Grand Admiral Thrawn (but they were huge Expanded Universe fans and know the characters very well).

I'd say "Bel-Cam, - (when we get there) you are in charge of compiling a list of all (and only) New Jedi Order characters requested to be polled for."

Chuxter, if you were doing the Heir to the Empire era, I'd expect you to count Talon Karrde requests and not worry yourself with Brakiss and Tamith Kai - let someone else do that.

But I'd pace it, so we'd establish a wait for a certain number of responses for each era before we move on....ahhh....screw it!

Now look what you made me do! I figured out how I'd administer it. Now I have to see if my plan would work....

We'll start it in a new thread. This first thread will not be a poll. It will be a list to be made to gather all the characters in the chronology together for a list for a future poll.

I'll be naming volunteers to administer it.

Dang that'll be a long undertaking, but at least something we can come back to the forums to look forward to.

I'll start it in Saga....

I hope I don't get myself into any more of these.... :crazed:

Tycho
05-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, meanwhile...

7 Celebration Queen Amidala

to

1 Pickup Droid

Possibly one more vote could decide this, so speak up if you haven't already.

We're almost prepared to move on to Attack of the Clones!

Kidhuman
05-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Handmaiden

Tycho, I might suggest that you slow down the voting a day or so. This thrread is moving so fast and I had to go back 2 pages to get the candidates. Maybe start posting a new group every other day? :beard:

B'Omarr Monkey
05-28-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm in agreement with KH. I last posted 24 hours ago, and I'm already two groups behind in voting.

Anyway, to catch up. I am not sure who Edcel Bargan is. Is this like Toonbuck Toora, who is not on the list?

I like all the senators, but MOT NOT RAB gets my vote, with the 4 eyed aqualish coming in a close second.

I'm also voting for QUEEN AMIDALA - THEED CELEBRATION only slightly over the blonde handmaiden in the battle dress, which was an excellent choice I'd never considered before. I say more Amidala's and handmaidens all around.

Tycho
05-28-2004, 03:11 AM
OK, we'll slow it down a bit. That's 3 requests for more time from people posting here.

I have to adapt my personality to effectively "lead" this thread well then.

I'm the type of person that just does stuff to get it over with and it takes a great effort to get me to slow down and enjoy the process. It's like buying a ticket to a ballgame. I just got the ticket and I already want to know who won. Or I go to a concert, and in the back of my mind I know every favorite song this band plays, and it's like I'm only there to check them off.

I do want to have fun. But I pick an activity and then I impatiently proceed to a results report: did I have fun?

In this thread, I eagerly await the answers:

1) who's the most wanted figure not yet made?
2) who's the most popular character not yet made from AOTC? How about ESB? etc. etc.
3) what will the final prioritized list look like?
4) (and this is pushing it) - how long will it take Hasbro to produce (what percentage) of our want-list?

So I'm almost holding my breath for 7 more years until Hasbro's made every obscure Galactic Senate figure we could possibly think of...

Oh, and btw: B'OMARR MONKEY - Toonbuck Toora is not the same species as Ed Cel Bargan, and I left her off the list intentionally.

First, Toonbuck Toora is a Separatist, so it seemed she belonged with the 3 remaining unproduced Separatists we'll vote on in an Episode Two wave.

2nd, Ed Cel Bargan is green, with huge clear eyes, almost looking like a Rodian or other reptillian (without any antennae or ears I think) while Toonbuck Toora was sort of a big, furry character, resembling something more like a giant mouse crossed with a Whipid. Anyway, we'll get to her in about our 4th group of characters from AOTC. (naturally, I made these huge lists already, since I was so curious as to who all would be offered)

Anyway, with my impatience, as well as some logic, it was easy to keep this thread moving very rapidly.

Here's why:

There's only 16 of you voting at this time, including me
It's easy to calculate when a majority of the votes is reached - especially when we have a clear front-runner
Take Ceremony Amidala right now: She has 8 votes (half of 16) and unless another character gets 8, they can't even tie
The pick-up droid has a vote. So does the blonde handmaiden in battle garb.
No other character can beat Ceremony Amidala unless new people join our thread and all vote at least 7 times for one of the other 2, or 9 times for someone else
The odds of that happening are slim to none. Padme is clearly the favorite here, as we all should be voting for the character we'd really, truly, in our hearts, want to see made the most amongst all those that are offered.
So I could wait for the 6 regulars in this thread that have not voted, or announce the outcome - because it'll be Padme (Ceremony) no matter what.

The compromise between my impatience and others' alarm at the fast pace this thread is moving at could be this:

I'll wait for all the 16 regular votes before moving on.

Once we're there or we have at least 14-15 or so (we have 10 on Amidala now) I'll move the poll choices along to their next bit.

So we're waiting for 4-6 more votes from amongst:

Gungan Child
Gungan Female
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration

And I hope this will satisfy all who are concerned.

plasticfetish
05-28-2004, 03:18 AM
Handmaiden - Too obscure at this point, but it's a little surprising that we didn't get this before.
Gungan Child or Gungan Female - This is a cool idea. I'd think that they'd only come as a set though.
black N-1 Pilot (Bravo 3) or female N-1 Pilot (Bravo 2) - Yeah, these should have been made for sure. Maybe in some alternate universe they'll re-release the ship and include one of these.
black Naboo Security or white Naboo Royal Guard - Again, yeah... it's really obvious just how they blew it with not doing more of these soldier/pilot type figures.
Federation Pick-up Droid - droids are always welcome, but I can't remember what this looks like, and don't want to cue up that scene, so...
Gungan Band Member - Mmmm, I dunno. I think we should have gotten more Gungans, but I'm not sure about this.
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration - Yeah. This would have been nice. I can see this one happening in the future also.

Queen Amidala Theed Celebration gets my vote as well.

-----

Oh, BTW... Edcel Bar Gane (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/edcelbargane/).
The Starwars.com databank -- use it while it's still free.

Jaff
05-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Handmaiden (battledress, blonde - the most different you'd make her from Padme) - Nahhhh, I'm not that desperate for just a head sculpt
black N-1 Pilot (Bravo 3) - Same as above
female N-1 Pilot (Bravo 2) - Maybe, only because her body might be a different sculpt
white Naboo Royal Guard (again, we can't have armies of clones) - There's bigger fish to fry. There are so many other characters that need to be made besides this one!
black Naboo Security (we can't have armies of clones) - Same as above

Gungan Child - This would really be cool if they would make it. It's in the scenes for just a couple seconds but I would jump at getting it.
Gungan Female - I would be just as excited about this as the Gungan Child if they ever made her. I really hope they do some day.
Gungan Band Member (drum and trumpet included) - Another cool idea, if they sculpted the figure different from the gungan soldier I would be delighted to see it made. However if they just make a drum and trumpet, and reissue the same figure it would be a waste. This one would depend on Hasbro's care to detail.
Federation Pick-up Droid (little white E.T. droid that cleans up after battles) - I have always wanted these guys, and I would say that they are my first choice, however Amidalla will get it. If she was not on the list I would choose these little guys.
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration - I have to go with this figure because this outfit was really reminescint of Leia in ceremonial. This figure needs to be made, and had the best screentime of any other figure on this group.

jedimarvin
05-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Well, I love troops and I was very dissapointed we didn't see any more troop builder packs. I would especially enjoyed some head variations like the Imp Officers. Anyway, like others, before I can vote for any more Naboo troops, I need that Queen Amidala Celebration

Droid
05-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Tycho, I like the fast moving nature of this thread (though you might want to slow it down over Memorial Day Weekend, or at least not close voting on any round).

As long as you put a list in each post you did of the rounds that voting was still open on, I see no reason not to add new rounds of voting. I find threads die if there isn't constant activity.

Perhaps you could add one more vote today for those of us who check several times a day at work. :D Then you could not add anymore until next Tuesday?

It's your thread, run it how you like. We're all enjoying it.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Sheehs, I'm gone for one day and there's 2 and a half pages of replies already, AWSOME!

I'm voting for Queen Amidala Theed Ceremony but she must come with that garden decoration ball that boss nass gives her ;)

Tycho
05-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Tycho, I like the fast moving nature of this thread (though you might want to slow it down over Memorial Day Weekend, or at least not close voting on any round).

As long as you put a list in each post you did of the rounds that voting was still open on, I see no reason not to add new rounds of voting. I find threads die if there isn't constant activity.

Perhaps you could add one more vote today for those of us who check several times a day at work. :D Then you could not add anymore until next Tuesday?

It's your thread, run it how you like. We're all enjoying it.

Will do! Not just because of my tastes though. I respect everyone here's opinion - heck this is a thread ASKING for everyone's opinion in the first place.

But we now have 13 out of 16 votes in. From the regulars, only LuciferSam and Evenflow haven't voted in a past round. They can always submit late votes for any round they haven't already voted on anyway.

But Celebration Amidala has 12 votes to the blonde handmaiden's 1. It's really clear who people want the most now. Amidala ties with herself (in the purple Return to Naboo outfit) for the character receiving the all-time most votes!

We will do run-offs from Episode One: The Phantom Menace, later. To keep it fresh, and let any late votes come in, we're going to put up for Memorial Day Weekend the first round of characters offered (That have never been made before) for ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

This group of characters have been chosen to represent all the possibilities from the landing platform attack up until Padme "retires for the evening" just prior to Zam Wessel's attack.

Warning: there are some difficult choices in this round!

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER YOU WANT MADE FROM:

Corde (Senator's Decoy from starship explosion)
Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore)
Kit Fisto ( more articulation, relaxed pose, Jedi robe)
Luminara Undulli (more articulation, relaxed pose)
Barriss Offee (more articulation, relaxed pose)
Padme Amidala (Galactic Senate - from speech in deleted scene)
Dorme (Senator's Personal Aide)
JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes)
Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office / Private Apartment)
Captain Typho (regular duty uniform)
Anakin Skywalker (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)

This group is incredibly tough to vote on. I actually want ALL of these figures pretty darn bad.

Good figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan, though the characters are offered, are terribly tough to turn down - especially how Anakin's robes hang on him like Darth Vader's!

My dioramas can get by using the "wrong" Typho and JarJar, but still...

The Jedi resculpts have to be done though. You can't have Bariss and Luminara striking battle poses in the Chancellor's office. The Royal Guards would have reacted and we all would have found out about the Sith a lot sooner if these Jedi misbehaved like that! (I used the CW "naked" Kit Fisto and put a softgoods robe on him very tightly, and I got a decent Kit for effect - still it's not the same thing and he's the only one in this diorama wearing softgoods :rolleyes: )

Sly Moore and Corde are two higher priorities I'd like to have. They are important to their scenes and you just can't replace them somehow.

Now DORME would be too cool to get! She's in many scenes on Coruscant throughout the early part of the movie, has a lot of speaking lines ("what if they realize you've left the capital?") and they've so far ignored her.

And I trust Sly Moore's confirmation is correct, but I won't die if it goes the way of the sandcrawler, because...

Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office) wins it again. (everyone pause to act like it's a big surprise). But seriously, what's the point of the whole movie?

.......................Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo
...............is returning to vote on the critical issue of
........creating a grand ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to
...counter the increasing Separatist threat
and assist the overwhelmed Jedi

So it seems ridiculous that we don't have a figure of Padme performing her duties as a Galactic Senator yet. While the deleted scene Padme would be nice, it's the lowest priority next to all the official on-screen figures they could do - especially a figure of Padme in this outfit which got significant screen time. I'm voting for Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office)

Kidhuman
05-28-2004, 12:54 PM
This is a great list Tycho. I would love to see a non statuesque Luminara, but my vote goes to Corde just becaguse the rest hagve been made in one form or another. A new figure for me please.

Droid
05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
This round interests me, because in large part it lists figures that should have been sculpted in more neutral poses the first time. I agree, they should have made more neutral poses, but I can't vote for them in the poll of favorite figures NEVER made. Different outfits are one thing, different poses are not and should not win this poll. Funny though how Hasbro keeps saying the main characters sell and keeps rescupting them but we have come up with a number of major characters outfits (OK, mostly Padme) that haven't been done before.

I have been really irked that they have not made an Anakin and Obi-Wan in Jedi robes similar to the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in Jedi robes made for Episode I. (Now that I think of it, maybe I'll put an Episode II Anakin and Obi-wan head on the body of the Episode I Qui-Gon and Obi-wan; I have way too many of those figures anyway) Why have all of the Anakin and Obi-wan figures been so scene specific as opposed to their actual everyday outfits as Jedi?

I am voting for Anakin Skywalker (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes) It could be used in so many scenes as opposed to Padme's scene specific outfit. I hope they make an Obi-wan too, but I had to vote for Anakin because they may make an Episode III figure of Obi-wan in his robes, whereas if they did with Anakin he'd have the robotic hand (or a glove) and wouldn't really be from Episode II.

dindae
05-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm going to go with Sly Moore on this one. I've wanted this figure for a while. I can't remeber off hand what the senate padme looks like but I still think I would vote for Sly.

Rocketboy
05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
For me, it's a toss up between Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes). If they are similar to the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon figs from Episode 1 (with the lightsaber and lighsaber hilt that attached to the belt).

I guess I'd like an Anakin first, then and Obi-wan.

Droid
05-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Going back to an earlier round, my calculations are that Gragga/Swokes Swokes has 4 votes, Wald has 4 votes, Quardinaros has 4 votes, and Kitster has 3. A runoff might be appropriate, though I know Tycho you said you would do those later. I also know there was some confusion about the Wald/Kitster situation. I voted for Kitster because I think he was a more significant character than Wald (and the Episode I figure I most think should be made); however, if there is no runoff I will change my vote to vote for Wald (the number two figure from Episode I that I most think should be made) Without a runoff, that would put Wald over the top with 5 votes. He is a more unique figure than Kitster, so that wouldn't be so bad. (Maybe if I put Episode II Boba Fett's head on an Episode I Tatooine Anakin figure it would make a good Kitster?)

Also, it is funny that major characters are winning round after round. We, the hardcore collectors are voting round after round for new outfits for Padme and Anakin over that guy third to the right in the back. Why isn't Hasbro making these major character outfit changes? It is in keeping with their philosophy that main characters sell better AND making collector's happy.

dindae
05-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Also, it is funny that major characters are winning round after round. We, the hardcore collectors are voting round after round for new outfits for Padme and Anakin over that guy third to the right in the back. Why isn't Hasbro making these major character outfit changes? It is in keeping with their philosophy that main characters sell better AND making collector's happy.

I think its a bit unfair to run the main characters versus the background character. We all want the main characters. We become hardcore collectors because we want the guy third to the right in the back. The problem with Padme is she has 15 more outfits than anyone else and historically female figures didn't sell well. I think that is changing but its still a lot for one character.

Tycho
05-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Answers about BOTH Wald and Anakin Skywalker resculpts / Padme issues...

Yes, right now you are correct with the score:

4 Gragga
4 Quadrinaros
4 Wald
3 Kitster
2 Ann or Tan Gella
1 Dud Bolt

There are 18 votes but 16 people. This is because 2 people had voted for a Wald-Kitster 2-pack which was not offered in the poll. So rather than discounting their votes and asking them to recast them, I saw it fit to just give both Wald and Kitster each a vote from those 2 participants. Overall it didn't effect the outcome as one more person that read the instructions decided to favor Wald over Kitster and it seems to be settled between those 2 for now. However, that pits Wald against 2 other contenders and I can't "erase 2 of Kitster's votes and give them to Wald" because they are the same 2 votes Wald already has.

Choice 1: wait for new people to vote to choose a clear winner

Choice 2: Droid, I can change your vote since you only voted for 1 of them and it will put Wald over the top, but perhaps I should do it when we come to the E1 run-off?

The question is "will Wald defeat Padme Handmaiden, Queen Purple Return to Naboo Gown, Wookiee Senator Yarua, or Queen Theed Celebration Gown?"

We don't know yet, but I want to hear from anyone who objects to me letting you change your vote before I go ahead and do it, because Gragga and Quadrinaros' fans here certainly want their character of choice to get a fair shake at the quarter-finals.

Like I said, this will be much easier if someone new like JediTricks or TheDarthVader, InsaneJediGirl or another forumite comes in and adds their vote - especially if it breaks up the 3-way tie going on with Gragga, Quadrinaros, and Wald (but they could vote for Wan Sandage for all we know).

NOW AS TO THE MAIN CHARACTER QUESTION:

It is interesting that main-character sculpts, and even a re-sculpt (E2 Anakin) is winning over other background characters (for the moment) - and that Hasbro has never made this character.

So let's look at the history of Anakin Skywalker, since it's him (in dark brown) specifically that we're talking about.

1) Hanger Duel - had action features and necessity of a removeable arm
2) Tatooine Attack - added "animation" to the character to show rage
3) Deluxe vs. Geonosian - again - some animation to show "surprise"
4) Deluxe Force-Flipper - shows constipation? Your guess is as good as mine
5) Speederbike - shows effects of lobotomies performed by Jawas- Really.
6) Secret Ceremony - offered Droid hand, but cloak is flowing wild - almost perfect
7) Clone Wars - offeres pilot gear, and macro-binocs on belt for cool look

All of these features could have been added (save for face expressions without switchable heads) to ONE Anakin Skywalker figure and given us the ultimate version if it had a place to hang an extinguished lightsaber hilt on the belt and had one long flowing relaxed Jedi cloak (Jedi Temple / Padme Apartment). The super-articulation is I guess best in Anakin Secret Ceremony - but if they gave that figure a removeable arm (via pop-out not magnet) and a droid arm alternative included, he'd have been perfect.

Hasbro knows this. Instead I believe it was a conspiracy to plan it this way, so that while they need to keep offering Anakin Skywalker in some version to continue gaining collectors out of new fans (kids and whimsical adults who didn't collect before), they can offer us an Anakin they know we always wanted and that they've never done before.

Think about it: they could have done this Anakin when they produced the Hanger Duel Anakin 2 years ago! This is the only explanation as to why they didn't! Even the action feature in the back could have worked with a figure I described above.

Now while they are doing "Ultimate" vintage OTC figures at $10 a pop, they could also re-visit Anakin this way - but besides it not being an OTC figure, they don't need to charge us an outrageous amount to produce this character - especially since he doesn't have a 1977 reproduction cardback that "needs" a plastic protector case over the outside of the carded figure. :rolleyes: (well, to tell the truth, I think for the v-otc's it's a cool concept -but I'm not yet planning to buy any myself)

In any case, due to her many, many, many (did I say "Many?") wardrobe changes, Padme Amidala might be as much of a main character as you can get, but every outfit change is in fact really a completely new figure because its sculpt would look nothing like a previous figure the way another Anakin in dark brown Jedi garb would (in spite of the fact that we need this Anakin - badly!)

But for right now, Hasbro chooses to play it cheaper and offer up the Hanger Duel figure again in the HOF assortment so that newbies can have him.

Meanwhile, in Episode 3, Anakin will have long hair and a scar (please, I doubt it's a spoiler now after how many insider pictures (?) :rolleyes: so if Hasbro offers the AOTC Anakin figure the way we want it later on, it will be assured of great sales.

So it is a conspiracy after all!

Droid
05-28-2004, 03:34 PM
I am not trying to screw anything up. Just leave my vote with Kitster for now. Perhaps later there will be a runoff between Wald, Quadrinaros, and the chuba seller. I don't want to make your head explode if people keep changing their votes every five minutes. I'd rather have Kitster anyway. Maybe those who haven't voted will rush in to put Kister over the top. I guess it is silly to change my vote right now, with the voting still open on that poll! :)

I do not consider a simple Anakin with his hand in tact in robes figure a resculpt. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess it is all semantics.

Well, I'm off, have a great weekend folks. I hope that there is alot to read from this thread when I get back!

LusiferSam
05-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm gone for a day and feels like a week. Any way last round I'll vote for the Pickup Droids. Cute little things that might make a good two pack, like the pit droids.

This round: Padmé Amidala (Palpatine's Office / Private Apartment). It was a tough choose between this Padmé or Cordé. But I think Padmé is the better choose of the two.

plasticfetish
05-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Not such a tough list... well, maybe, a little.
Corde - No. I mean... what would that look like? (A mess?)
Sly Moore - Really cool looking female alien. This one needs to happen... Palpatine isn't complete without plenty of cronies.
Kit Fisto, Luminara Undulli or Barriss Offee (more articulation, relaxed pose) - I'm all for these 100% and I hope that it will happen in the future. (See prequel VOTC fig comments below.)
Padme Amidala (Galactic Senate - from speech in deleted scene) - Too obscure.
Dorme - Nah.
JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes) - I doubt this will fly. I would like a better and more neutral dressed up version of Jar Jar though. (Ep. 3 perhaps.)
Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office / Private Apartment) - Nope.
Captain Typho (regular duty uniform) - The Typho we got was fine.

Now while they are doing "Ultimate" vintage OTC figures at $10 a pop, they could also re-visit Anakin this way
Anakin Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes) - I really hope that what they'll do, is release maybe a dozen VOTC style figures to go along with a prequel DVD box set in a few years. It'd be great to get these versions -- at least of Anakin, at that time. I'm still waiting for a prequel Obi-Wan that I really like also... and waiting.

I'm gonna vote Sly Moore on this one, for sure. I will be disappointed if it doesn't ever happen also.

El Chuxter
05-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Palpatine's Office Padme. Funny how I keep giving votes to the same luscious babe over and over. :p

Though no Kit Fisto would be unwelcome. :D

Silent Chazz
05-28-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm going to have to vote for Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office). I can't believe how many outfit Padme has in the Prequals and yet Hasbro still has a lot of them to put into plastic. WOW, already 10 pages and going. This is one awesome thread Tycho.

JabbaGlob
05-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Wow! Some really difficult choices have been presented. On one hand I'd really love to see the Jedi in neutral stances; I've been opposed to the overly posed figures from the beginning. But on the other hand I'd be thrilled with a new figure like Sly Moore; all these HOF and OTC figures are going to get really old really fast.

My vote goes to...Sly Moore.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-29-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm voting for Dormé, over Padmé from Palpatine's office.

It's becoming really clear that hasbro should just give us a couple all Padmé and her handmaidens waves. Then we'd all be happy and maybe even vote for some of those background characters.

Jaff
05-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Corde (Senator's Decoy from starship explosion) - Yes, please
Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore) - This figure is a must!

JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes) These figures should never have been made to look the way they do. I am sure they will remake these figures, but right now I would like some new figures, not continuous rehashes.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes) - These two figs really need to be made too.

All these Padme figs. Yeah they have to make her in different outfits, but I'd rather have Sly Moore or Corde than another Padme

Sly Moore for me, with Corde right behind her!

Hellboy
05-29-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm still waiting for a prequel Obi-Wan that I really like also... and waiting.

So true. :dis:

While there are quite a few good choices this round I've wanted a figure of Sly Moore ever since I first saw the character. I was really surprised she never made it into the Saga line especially when you consider some of the characters that did.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-29-2004, 11:20 AM

this character is really great as well as is her padawan but the pose they put her in... :ermm: So I'd really, REALLY like to see a more neutral pose of her like she was in Senator Palpatine's office in the beginning of the film. And of course more articulation would be fantabulous because you just can't go wrong with articulation ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2004, 06:27 PM
I just got a PM from Tycho, so I guess I'll participate now. For this one, I'll go with Dormé. She is somewhat important, with a few lines. The others would be really nice, but I'll take a new figure over 19 more Anakins and Obi-Wans.

Tycho
05-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes, I invited JabbaJohnL and a lot of new people I private-messaged including hopes that JediTricks and SirSteve would join us, as well.

Everyone can invite their friends online to join us. The more participation the better!

NOTE, NEW PEOPLE CAN GO BACK AND FILL IN THEIR VOTES ON THE OLDER Ep1: TPM POLLS

Your votes will count. We want a broad spectrum of different points of view - but we ask that you vote honestly for your most-wanted choice in every list of options.

This isn't a Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll, so we don't need to vote strategically for someone we don't think would be made otherwise. Just vote with your heart! That's the best we can ask.

Meanwhile, Sly Moore seems to have overtaken Senator Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office) in a very close contest - and new people might finally settle the Gragga-Quadrinaros-Wald tie.

So I think we should let those votes come in, and give our regulars something to hold them over with until the end of Memorial Day Weekend (provided you all don't complete voting on this round as well).

Our next choices come from AOTC from the point Padme is attacked by the cohouns, through the speederchase and the infamous Night Club. Not without possible controvery, we'll proceed up until Senator Amidala's report to the new Queen.

Club Outlander presents an interesting issue here.

I have the SW Insider Issue 75 with General Grevious on the cover. Inside is a complete guide to absolutely everyone featured in Club Outlander. There were 42 characters!

Since Coruscant has a majority-human population, many were not THAT interesting. It was to my personal tastes to not get crazy and list everybody, but just try to add unique characters to the atmosphere (but I left out those 'different ones' I felt were too cheaply concocted, too.

4 of these characters have action figures already -which helped me eliminate some choices: Elan Sleezebagno, Aay Vida, Danni Faytooni, Acyk Med-Beq. But this list could be ridiculously long, so I choose to keep the choices at around 10 characters per round, and this time I've allowed slightly more.

I thought that with 20 Mos Eisley Cantina characters, compared with only 4 Outlander ones, that half-a-dozen or so more Outlander options would be enough for now. If you don't see a character from the Outlander that you want, feel free to add a write-in candidate from the Club. Put it in bold so everyone knows it's a new choice if they're that improtant to you. Thanks. Your complaints with how I handle this section will be read and addressed. Hopefull I can please almost all.

CHOOSE YOUR MOST-WANTED CHARACTER FROM:

Pamde (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe)
alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!")
Bufon Taire - Outlander Bartender (black human male, grey suit)
Lunae Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek female)
Tas Kee - Weequay pirate with blue hat + uniform, with Hat Lo
Hat Lo - crime boss with collar taller than head hiding human features
Nyrat Agira - sexy human chick with medusa spiked bruntte hair in red thong
Immi Danoo - sexy blonde human female in short-shorts with cape
Rosha Vess - purple haired sexy human chick with bikini top tattoos around her belly
Necil Sing - Asian human female with beaded veil was interested in Anakin
Daro Willits - possibly half black, half-white human male with pony-tailed dreadlocks
Older Dug (Sebulba?) from Dexter's Diner
Younger Dug (from Dexter's Diner)
Hermione Bagwa (Dexter's blonde human waitress with the garter)
Padme Amidala -refugee disguise from Outland Peasant Freighter
Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan
Queen Jamilla
Sio Bibble - 10 years older
Padme Amidala (from Senator's report to the Queen)

I deliberately left out these aliens:

Rodian female - Nardi Shodu - use Greeta in your dioramas, or vote for the Senator
Ithorian - Ror Ithh - vote for the hammerhead senator
Swokes Swokes - Oakie Dokes - vote for Gragga who's tied 3-way for E1 Tatooine
Quarren - Ren-Quarr - I'll be offering Separatist Senator Tiikes soon
Tarnab - Onyeth Carnavar - vote for the Coruscant Taxi Driver or Mot Not Rob
Gran - Nic Whoma - vote for the Podracer Mohawnic or the Senator from Malastare

That about covers the most significant other aliens I left off from the possibilities for Club Outlander. Lucas used the same masks for these characters as the other suggestions I offered voting for. Really, how many times do you want to see Tessek's head placed on a slightly different body - or with just a slightly different cloak on? Add a Jedi Robe to Ree-Yees and make Senator Ainlee Teem. It'd be nice to have one new resculpt of another alien from each species, but let's not get carried away with it.

That's my opinion. Write-ins will be accepted if you contest the compromise I suggested.

Meanwhile, I'll be voting for Padme in her nightgown from the cohoun attack as I want to set up an awesome little scene with Obi-Wan leaping at the assassin droid by jumping through Padme's window. Padme also looked beautiful in that balcony scene "Your presence is soothing to me." So I'll go with Padme. Another main character from key movie-moment scenes (the assassination and the decision to rescue Shmi Skywalker). I can hope for more Club Outlander and Dexter's Diner aliens, (especially the "spice girls)" but they are secondary to a main character I need from a key scene.

Padme's other outfits offered here are largely dependent upon whether we have a Queen Jamilla figure to display her with - plus they were hardly the most attractive or unique things she wore during the film anyway.

Pick your favorite please!

Droid
05-29-2004, 08:15 PM
I am gone for the weekend, but I got access to a computer for now. So anyway:

This one was tough! This round has three of the twelve figures I most want from Attack of the Clones.

I am not very interested in setting up the club or Dexter's Diner. I'm much more interested in Mos Eisley cantina figures if I want a bar or restaurant scene.

Queen Jamilla is a significant character and I would like a figure of her (and doubt we will ever see one), but it is not a very interesting scene. I still would like to be able to set figures out of the various rulers of Naboo.

I like Sio Bibble as a choice. It's cool to see how a character has changed over time. But in a crunch if I ever set up this scene I could use Episode I Bibble or maybe swap his head on another figure that had an outfit more like he wore in Episode II.

I also am not as interested in Padme's many outfits as a lot of you are. (Though I have voted for a Padme figure in other rounds).

No question, for me:

Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan.

There is only one other CHARACTER from Attack of the Clones that I would rather see a figure made of - who will be in a later round. She is a fascinating Jedi, and the more Jedi figures the better. She is significant on starwars.com's Ask the Jedi Council. And she is a woman Jedi, which makes her even more unique.

I really hope she wins this round! I would probably rather have her than any figure in any round so far other than Kitster and Wald!

Silent Chazz
05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm going to have to go for Nightgown Padme as well. The funny thing is I keep voting for Padme's in this poll. The only thing I'm afraid of if this figure is made, Hasbro might make a barechested Anakin having a nightmare from that group of scenes in AOTC on Naboo. And they'd probably get away with it too considering that they have access to a barechested sculpt, thanks to VOTC Luke.

Jaff
05-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Holy cow that's quite a long list. Here goes:

Padme (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe) - These are nice outfits, but give me more variety of characters before I focus on fashion.

alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!") - Just not important enough to think about right now

Rosha Vess - purple haired sexy human chick with bikini top tattoos around her belly
Daro Willits - possibly half black, half-white human male with pony-tailed dreadlocks
All these figures are just garnish for the collection. Although I want to see them made, I am not more enthusastic about seeing these figures made compared to others.

No thanks, make these two exclusives or pack in's or something like that.

She looks too today for my tastes. I'd buy her just like every other figure that's new, but I have no real joy at seeing her made over others.

Sio Bibble - 10 years older - I guess I would like to have this one. I love my Sio Bibble from Episode I, but he will not win this poll for me.

Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan - Oh yeah baby, she's the one. Those wrinkles, her smug tact. Bring it on momma!

Queen Jamilla - That paint, those fake jestures at attaining Grace, she generates allot of excitement too.......

But she still has paint all over her face. I'll have to go with Jocasta Nu, with Jamilla a very close second!

Rocketboy
05-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Though choice between Padme (nightgown), Padme (refugee), & Jocasta Nu. Don't really care about the generic Outlander and Dex aliens.

Padme in a nightgown...What more needs to be said? ;) Seriously though, she'd be a really cool figure to include in a bedroom/apartment playset, with a break away window. And that way, the crappy Coruscant Obi-Wan would have a use!
Padme (refugee) would almost certainly need a refugee Anakin, so unless they were in the same wave (or close to the same wave) I'll have to say no on the refugee.
Although you can never have enough Padme's, Jocasta Nu did have a signficant, albeit brief, role. She could come with a bust or two of one of the lost Jedi.

Jocasta Nu gets the vote.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-29-2004, 09:48 PM
This is another tough one. There are actually a couple nightclub figures I wouldn't mind seeing. Jocastu Nu is a great choice as well, and the perfect kind of character for someone to offer as a mail in exclusive.

Again, I'm going with Padmé. As much as I like the idea of a Padmé with a removable gown--out robe, that is ;) I'm voting for Padmé - Outland Peasant Freighter disguise Of course, those peasants have nicer clothes than I do. Makes you wonder what the rich people wear.

Kidhuman
05-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Dayum. I would love to see Sio Bibble just because so many missed him in Ep1. My vote goes to Jocasta Nu

jedimarvin
05-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow, even when this thread is moving slow, it's moving fast! Great job, Tycho! Ok, I missed the last round so I'm casting my vote for Padme (Palpatine's Office) - This was a tough one. I'd love to see a normal posed Barriss and Luminara (hopefully we will in the E3 line). A regular uniform Captain Typho would be great too.

Anyhow...for this round it's a tough call between Jocasta Nu, Padme Refugee and Queen Jamilla. I've voted for way too many Padme's though, so I'm gonna go with Queen Jamilla I would love to see Jocasta too though, especially if she came with eitehr her young jedi helper or an archive computer accessory or even a bust of Count Dooku.

dindae
05-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Over all I thought the characters in the outlander club were lame. It looked like a Star Trek set. I think I'm going to vote for Queen Jamila this time with Jocasta Nu second and honorable mention to Lucas's daughter. I figure we could get the whol family in plastic. :D

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Usually I'd vote for a secondary unproduced character before a main character in a different costume but none of these guys really interest me so I'll go with Padme: Outland Peasant Disguise this round.

plasticfetish
05-30-2004, 02:54 AM
Pamde (nightgown) - Naughty, naughty, naughty.
Alien aircar driver - Too obscure. (But I think a wind-up version of the ship with two aliens that turn back and forth would be cool.)
Bufon Taire - Maybe with an Outlander bar set.
Lunae Minx - I don't think it'll happen. If it does, it's just gonna be another repaint anyway.
Tas Kee (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/taskee/) - Cool looking alien. I'd like this and think that maybe they'd make it because it's interesting looking. With a playset or multi-pack at least I hope.
Hat Lo - Maybe with a playset.
Nyrat Agira (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/nyratagira/), Immi Danoo (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2002/10/imageattack20021025.html), Rosha Vess (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2002/10/imageattack20021025.html), Necil Sing or Daro Willits (http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/05/imageattack20030512.html) - Any of these would be cool in a multi-pack. I can't really see them being done separately.
Older Dug (Sebulba?) or Younger Dug (from Dexter's Diner) - Too obscure, but maybe if they made a set.
Hermione Bagwa - Again, I could see it as a part of a set.
Padme Amidala - Nice, but too obscure.
Jocasta Nu - A solid choice. Odd that it's missing from our collections right now.
Queen Jamilla - Also a good choice, but I don't see them doing her now.
Sio Bibble - Mmm, not enough screen time for an updated version I think. Though, I could see them maybe doing a re-release of the old version. (One of the few that I missed out on.)
Padme Amidala (from Senator's report to the Queen) - Nice, but too obscure.

So, it's Jocasta Nu for me too.

Tycho
05-30-2004, 04:22 AM
PLASTICFETISH: Thank you so much for posting links to pictures of the characters underlined in your post above!

It's nice to have such bonuses to augment this thread and I honestly didn't notice if you'd posted pictures of other poll choices before.

I used to do that for the mainpage polls when I was Steve's editor, but it does take time.

So thank you once more, and guys and gals: check out PF's images he linked to above!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-30-2004, 11:17 AM

Jocasta Nu would be runner-up. With Queen Jamilla coming in 3rd.

the rest I could do without pretty much!

LusiferSam
05-30-2004, 11:34 AM
I'll go with Pamdé in her nightgown. None of these really excite me or are must have figures and most are too obscure. So when it comes down to it I think Pamdé is the best on this list.

Tycho
05-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Dang we DO move through these lists awefully fast. I'm also surprised we're moving on, but the only people I haven't see vote from our regulars are JabbasGlob, ElChuxter, and newcomer JabbaJohnL. They'll catch up. 13 out of 17 have voted (Evenflow hasn't been with us for 4 votes now, so your guess is as good as mine).

Meanwhile Jocasta Nu seems to be winning our last poll.

Padme from Palpatine's Office appears to have caught and tied with Sly Moore. Only someone new, Evenflow, or JabbaJohnL. can break that deadlock.

Let's put up another list.

This list follows Padme through her visit home and the budding romance with Anakin, while Obi-Wan explores Kamino.

Choose your most wanted character from:

Padme at her parents' house (deleted scene, blue dress, midriff showing)
Jobal Naberrie (Padme's mother- deleted scene)
Padme's father (deleted scene)
Padme's Sister (deleted scene)
Either of Padme's nieces (deleted scene)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (wet, hood up in shell cloak, SA in 2nd Jedi robe underneathe)
Kaminoan civilian
Padme Amidala (backless dress from first kiss on balcony "here everything is soft")
Clone Kid (more articulate "this group was created 5 years ago")
Adult Clone (in red jumpsuit shown eating, training "obeying any command")
Padme Amidala (yellow see-through dress from picnic by the waterfalls)
Padme Amidala (black leather temptation dress from fireside talk)
Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation)

I honestly want almost all of these figures. Padme's family should have been left in the movie, but since they were not, and the scene is less important, I'm not going to see them as a priority right now. It would be nice some day - maybe as a screen-scene set.

With Obi-Wan, what I was going for was a one-figure-does-it-all quick fix for styles for the Jedi Knight we need offered 2 ways:

The character has to look "wet" while transmitting his message to Yoda, and walking into Tipocca City on Kamino. Only a hard shell Jedi Cloak could be properly glossed to look wet.

Moreover, to really achieve cool fights with Jango Fett in the rain, we need a super-articulated version of Obi-Wan in his Jedi robes, but he'll need to look wet - his hair and robes. This is a different figure than the robed one from Padme's apartment earlier offered in our poll.

My solution was to offer Obi-Wan in a wet-look coco-shell that covers the fact that the underlying figure is also in a "wet" Jedi robe, but make the figure super-articulated underneathe. It's not like 2 robes are beyond Hasbro. He only need come with a lightsaber!

But it's about as scene-specific as the other figures. Being that as it may, Padme in her yellow dress from the waterfalls is the brightest, most stand-out figure of the bunch, and another main character that needs to be made as she's never been seen before. The bright yellow will add color to the line and she'll look wonderful both loose and carded.

Jango and the adult clone (in red) are awfully tempting though!

I wonder who you will choose?

Rocketboy
05-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Tough one here.

Padme (parents' house) - she looked in-friggin'-credible in this outfit, but sadly, I will not vote for it, because it's a deleted scene and could be too obscure (along with her family).
Jango Fett (out of armor) - too many Jango Fetts already, but they should've made this one a while ago, instead of 300 different armored ones. He could come with a set of armor (styled similar to Bespin Chewie's Theepio).
Padme Amidala (black leather) - S&M ready Padme? Yes please.

S&M Padme or Jango? Hmmm...tough one...I want both (actually all 3)

Padme black leather

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-30-2004, 12:49 PM
For the last poll, I want to see Jocasta Nu done, and call me crazy, but I'll vote for Nyrat Agira. I mean if we got nearly naked Ayy Vida I think a thong would be okay.

For this one, it's very tough. Any of the Padmés would be great, but I still really want Jango without his armor. I love that scene so I think we should get a figure out of it.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Well, I usually don't get involved in too many of these "Favorite Figure" debates. Mostly because I see unique and fantastic figures like a Female Imperial Officer passed over in favor of one of Padme' lame Handmaidens.

Don't get me wrong, her Handmaidens are OK, but Hasbro should just crank out 2-3 multi packs and be done with it. Whereas a Female Imperial Officer is something completly new, I mean do we have any bad female characters from the films? Not to my knowledge. Sure it could be argued that Jabba's Dancers were evil, but I doubt it. Aurra Sing...well, she barely had screen time, she really is more of an EU character and sort of an after thought by GL...Babe FEtt or whatever. Or, there is always the Asajj Ventress, who, so far has only shown up in the cartoon or EU.

As for my votes:

Poll 1. Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
Poll 2. Black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
Poll 3. Ann & Tan Gella 2-pack (blue Twi'lek girls massaging Sebulba)
Poll 4. E.T. Senator (probably Speilberg's property, but we can try)
Poll 5. Gungan Band Member (drum and trumpet included)
Poll 6. Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore)
Poll 7. Lunae Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek female)

If Lucas gets a figure made after him, his Twi'lek daughter should have one too.

Again, I am all for the Pod Racers, but Hasbro should do these as multi-packs IMO.

Well, that's it, I think I am caught up. ;)

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Obi Wan drenched Cloak.

About the E.T. thing being Spielberg's property. George should just say" Look, you used some SW figures in E.T., so lemme make an E.T. figure for SW."

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 02:18 PM
As much as I like the idea of a rain soaked Obi-Wan I'm going with the Adult Clone: Red Jumpsuit this round. I think it would be cool to have at least a few Clones produced without their armor and since the Deluxe CT with removable armor wasn't a very decent figure this would be a good start.

Tycho
05-30-2004, 03:13 PM
SithKiller missed this poll, and since most of you have it set up to display 20 posts per page, I figured this'd be good to have at the top of page 7.

This is the latest list people are voting on as of May 30, 2004.

New people are welcome to post their back-votes for early polls.

Meanwhile...

This list follows Padme through her visit home and the budding romance with Anakin, while Obi-Wan explores Kamino.

Choose your most wanted character from:

Kaminoan civilian
Padme Amidala (backless dress from first kiss on balcony "here everything is soft")

I wonder who you will choose?

dindae
05-30-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd buy them all, but since I have to choose one. Black leather Padme. A pretty crucial scene in the movie so I see the figure as a priority.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Well, my vote goes to:

(Too many Padme' choices to think straight...JK) ;)

TheDarthVader
05-30-2004, 08:59 PM
I am going to throw a vote on Kitster and another one on Padme in yellow dress . The other old ones...I am not going to vote on those. I will try to keep up! :D

Jaff
05-30-2004, 10:10 PM
These are all interesting figures but I'd rather see hardcore film figures. I think of these as Special Edition stuff. Give me the core characters in the movie first before these.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (wet, hood up in shell cloak, SA in 2nd Jedi robe underneathe) - How about an Obi Wan in just a jedi cloak with a nuetral pose. I don't really care if he's wet or not!

Kaminoan civilian - This figure would just be more garnish for my collection. Give me other stuff first.

Clone Kid (more articulate "this group was created 5 years ago") - Actually I'm happy with the one I have right now. Sure his legs don't move, but that's not really a big deal for me. He looks good standing.

Padme Amidala (yellow see-through dress from picnic by the waterfalls) - Once again Padme and fashion, fashion or figures. I want some more different characters before Padme becomes the Jango of Episode II.

Adult Clone (in red jumpsuit shown eating, training "obeying any command") - Now this would really be cool.

Padme Amidala (black leather temptation dress from fireside talk) - Although I'm not really thirsting for a new outfit Padme I will say that this figure would really be a sight to see. My vote is bending a little towards this one.

Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) - This is another tough figure. I want to see this one made too.

The Adult Clone and Jango in his appartment are almost identical figures so I need to vote for the Jango in his appartment because this figure needs to be made. I definately want to see the Padme in Black look at my bossom outfit, but I can wait for that I guess.

JediTricks
05-30-2004, 10:24 PM
6) Nute Gunray Hologram
10) Padme HandmaidenPadme Handmaiden, followed by Tey How, followed by Qui-Gon Hooded.

Padme is a major character in the film and never got a good figure, plus as stated, you could use her to represent all the handmaidens including oscar-winner Sofia Coppola ;). Tey How would be an interesting second choice, with seat and controls. Hooded Qui-Gon would have been nice 5 years ago, but really it's probably too late (especially after the most recent eyesore figure).

BTW, it's "Daulty Dofine".

Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat)
Black Travel Queen (softgoods that can sit on Royal Starship Throne)
Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic
black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit from landing platform
Queen Amidala - PreSenate (yellow gown from Palpatine's Office)
Sei Teria - Asian woman, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's aide
Queen Amidala - Post Senate (black gown -Palpatine's office and Nute Gunray's arrest)
Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - from Senate and Post Senate scenes
Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral) Yeeuch, none of these are figures I'd likely buy, but Panaka had a second outfit in the film IIRC and could use a removable hat, so he'd be the one I'd vote for as least-likely-to-avoid.

Gragga or SwokesSwokes (the chubba vendor)
Wald (little Rodian)
Kitster (Anakin's friend)
Ann or Tan Gella (blue Twi'lek girls massaging Sebulba)
Old Jira (elder lady who's friend of Anakin's and who's bones are aching) Yucko! None of 'em, I wouldn't buy a single one. That said, my next least-likely-to-avoid vote goes to Gragga.

Mot Not Rab
Gran Senator (either from Malastare or Gran homeworld - like Ree-Yees)
E.T. Senator (probably Speilberg's property, but we can try)
Senator Yarua (Wookiee is supposedly confirmed, but we haven't seen it in plastic yet)
Bail Antilles (human from Alderaan, wearing white)
Again, nobody I'd want from this pack, I can't even see an L-L-T-A vote this time around. In the face of such adversity, I'll throw my vote to ET just so other collectors will stop complaining and non-collectors will actually have someone to recognize for once. My second choice would be the Ithorian, I just like their race, but I wouldn't vote for it because I know Hasbro would just recycle the Momaw Nadon figure from POTF2.

Gungan Child
Gungan Female
Queen Amidala Theed Celebration Female N-1 pilot, Bravo 2 should be made so she can fit in the Naboo Fighter as well. The rest don't really appeal to me in any way.

Corde (Senator's Decoy from starship explosion)
Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore)
JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes) Obi-Wan Jedi Robes, far and away the one I want most, always have. Anakin in regular standing robes would be my second. Typho would be my third since his first figure is a pilot and so boring. I don't really care that much about the others, they don't hold any appeal for me.

(please, I doubt it's a spoiler now after how many insider pictures (?) Thanks a lot, jerk! It's a spoiler to me, that's one of the reasons I don't GET the damned SW Insider anymore. :mad:

Pamde (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe)
alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!")
Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan
Queen Jamilla
Sio Bibble - 10 years older
Seeing as I don't remember half of these, and don't care for "sexy" figures that are just tiny dolls rather than action figures (sounds like Tycho is trying to be one of those collectors he asked about in his recent Gen Disc threads :p), and don't want figures of the others. I would have voted for Tas Kee because he sounds sorta interesting, and then PF gave us the link that showed it was a SHE and she has goofy new hands and looks terrible. Therefore, the LLTA vote goes to, oh, I guess Padme Refugee Disguise.

Kaminoan civilian
Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) No question, Jango Fett in apartment look w/ removable armor. My next choice is a close second, the Adult Clone in training. Obi-Wan is my third.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Tycho, what are the running totals for each section of votes right now?

LusiferSam
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I'll go with Padmé in her backless dress. I think this dress is one of the better looking dresses that hasn't made yet. And its from an important scene. Not a lot traditional action, but why limit ourselves to traditional means.

B'Omarr Monkey
05-30-2004, 11:30 PM
I'd buy them all.

Once again I'm voting for Padmé. This time in her yellow picnic dress. It's a nice splash of color amongst all the brown and greys. This would be another reason to vote for the adult clone.

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually thought that Padmé's temptation dress was a bit on the ridiculous side. I actually found it more laughable than sexy. Her bare midriff Lars Homestead dress was sexier by far.

Tycho
05-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Tycho, what are the running totals for each section of votes right now?

These are not final scores. All polls are still open to new voters. And I'm only listing those figures who have "scores." See JediTricks' post above to show all the choices offered thus far in one easy digest.

10 Padme Handmaiden
3 Daulty Dofine
2 Tey How
1 Radiant IV captain
1 Rep Teers

12 Queen Purple Travel Gown
1 black Coruscant Guard
1 Capt. Panaka removeable hat/ softgoods
1 Sei Teria
1 Queen Black Travel (softgoods)

5 Gragga (Swokes Swokes)
4 Ben Quadrinaros
4 Wald
4 Kitster
3 Ann or Tan Gella
1 Dud Bolt

8 Wookiee Senator Yarua
3 ET Senator
2 Coruscant Taxi Driver
2 Ithorian Senator
1 Mot Not Rab
1 Bail Antilles

12 Queen Theed Celebration
2 Pickup Droids
1 blonde handmaiden, battle dress
1 N-1 Pilot female, bravo-2
1 Gungan Band Member

6 Sly Moore
5 Padme (Palpatine's Office)
2 Anakin (Jedi robes)
2 Dorme
1 Corde
1 Luminara (sa, neutral pose)
1 Obi-Wan (Jedi robes)

5 Jocasta Nu
3 Padme Nightgown
3 Padme from Freighter
2 Queen Jamilla
1 Nyrat Agira (sexy girl in red thong)
1 Padme from report to Queen Jamilla
1 Lune Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek)

3 Padme yellow dress by waterfalls
3 Jango Fett in apartment (no armor)
2 Adult Clone in red jumpsuit
2 Padme in black leather from fireside
1 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi robes, sa for Kamino Fight
1 Padme backless dress from first kiss by lake

*this poll is about 65% reporting thus far.

Tatooine (Episode 1) and 2 polls from Coruscant (Episode 2) may require run-offs. The other polls are very clear.

These polls will not be closed until after we do all the Classic Star Wars polls, plus 2 waves for Ultras (prequels and sequels - which I'm intending to be the bridge between the trilogies and so you don't think I skip a new Han Solo Carbonite when he's not in one of the ESB lists (this could be one greatly improved figure as an Ultra).

Don't worry. I've figured out all the possibilities and you can add write-ins (in boldface please - so others can support your choices).

But this way, if latecomers join us, we'll have gone through 20 rounds before I cut off voting for our early polls and do TPM and AOTC finals, and maybe an overall prequel final.

What you guys can tell me is if you think the Tatooine gang needs a run-off (especially if Gragga-Wald-Kitster-and-Quadrinaros are tied by then) or if I should just throw them all into the mix against the Queen Amidalas and Yarua - there will only be about 9 total then, instead of 5 for TPM finals). I'm thinking I should just throw them all in. Amidala had been overcoming her opponents by margins of over 10 votes in some cases. Who cares if someone likes Wald more than Kitster if they don't support either more than a Final Celebration Queen? On the other hand, the fact that the votes for the Tatooine gang are so split up, show that there could be good demand for any of them going into a background character vs. main character type of contest. All of your preferences there remain to be seen.

In any case, I am keeping score, but it's probably a bad influence to post the contest winners right now. Some might decide to prop-up their second-favorite choice or something, in light of knowing the numbers, and I want people to vote with their honest response just as it comes from the heart.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more of your choices from:

Kaminoan civilian

dindae
05-31-2004, 01:30 AM
What you guys can tell me is if you think the Tatooine gang needs a run-off (especially if Gragga-Wald-Kitster-and-Quadrinaros are tied by then) or if I should just throw them all into the mix against the Queen Amidalas and Yarua - there will only be about 9 total then, instead of 5 for TPM finals). I'm thinking I should just throw them all in. Amidala had been overcoming her opponents by margins of over 10 votes in some cases.

I say throw them in. It will give some more to think about beside which Padme we want. :D

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 06:42 AM
No run offs until the end , just to break the ties. All these figures thgat win should be sent to Hasbro with a letter that says, "if you dont make these, we will fling poo at your doors every day until we get them."

Droid
05-31-2004, 10:06 AM
I do not want any figures from a deleted scene until I have all of the figures I want that were actually IN the movie!

Kaminoan civilian - just put another Taun We in your scene and call it a day!

Enough with Padme winning the polls already!

For me it's either:

though I have less interest in this group than just about any other so far.

I vote Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation).

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Enough with Padme winning the polls already!

Thats what I am saying

stillakid
05-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the invite to the poll, Tycho. :) It's a bit late to jump into voting for most of this, but suffice it to say that I want 'em all. All of Padme's "looks" should get made. All of the primary characters with speaking lines should get made. All the secondary characters who are distinct for one reason or another should get made. You get the idea. What I guess I don't understand is the logic behind voting for one character in a scene over another. It's all hypothetical I suppose, but what would be the thought process if Hasbro had to limit figure creation to just one character per scene? :confused:

Kidhuman
05-31-2004, 11:00 AM
To me its just a way to pass time and vote for the character you would want the most. It doesnt matter if they are in two scenes or not. I am sure once we hit Beru Cliegg agnd Owen, it will be a free for all because we all want those figures. Gonna be fun to see who wins that one round. I know you would love all three of them get made, as would I, but who would you pick to see made first Stillakid?

Tycho
05-31-2004, 02:29 PM
Kidhuman's right Stillakid.

First, participating in this poll should be done for fun.

2nd, characters like Senator Yarua showed great support, and versus resculpts and re-carding old figures, it shows us a place where Hasbro could start.

The major characters anyone needs for recreating the movies while actually playing with the toys have already been made. A kid can make kohouns attack Padme in her white droid factory outfit and have Anakin save her and then chase Zam Wessel into a bar ran by Wuher. Not exactly authentic, but it's better than lacking figures to play out the basic roles.

But then we collectors become a diverse lot.

Diorama builders want every background character to fill up Club Outlander.

But common sense says the Padme figures are central to the scenes - like Padme in her nightgown (who if she isn't attacked, would never cause Anakin to run into a bar after a bounty hunter, no matter what obscure character was running the place).

However, carded figure collectors and those who like unique sculpts for their aesthetic appeal might love one of the podracers like Dud Bolt, because the half-dog-half-alligator character looks nothing like any figure we already have, and it seems more desirable than Obi-Wan's head on yet another Jedi body.

So a lot of people want ALL of these figures made - and we will come out with a very complete list for all the movies.

However, from a marketing point of view, we'll see where priorities lie. That's why Owen, Beru, and Cliegg will be pitted against each other - that sort of thing. (Happens to be part of the next poll, LOL). But we also see that characters receiving no votes, like another Qui-Gon with a molded shell-style cloak, would probably pegwarm, and while it remains a possibility, (especially if Hasbro has to keep main characters out there), it is not as good of idea as making any of the never-before-produced Padmes.

Anyway, there are 2 more AOTC polls, then 2 waves of Ultras to look at: Prequels and Sequels. Then we move on to Classic SW, run-offs etc. will follow all of that.

plasticfetish
05-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Padme at her parents' house, Jobal Naberrie, Padme's father, Padme's Sister (deleted scene) - I'm not interested in the deleted scene stuff.
Either of Padme's nieces - Ditto.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (wet, hood up in shell cloak, SA in 2nd Jedi robe underneath) - I'm not wild for the "shell cloak" thing either. I end up tossing them in a bag. They should have done this figure by now anyway. I'd like to see a good articulated version.
Kaminoan civilian - Yeah. I think we got shorted on figures from this part of the movie in general. A nice multi-pack with a generic Kaminoan and clones would be nice.
Padme Amidala (backless dress) - I don't need this. I hated that scene. NP's hot, but that's not a good enough reason to make the figure.
Clone Kid - Yes. But only in a set.
Adult Clone - Yes again... same set.
Padme Amidala (yellow see-through dress from picnic by the waterfalls) - Again, no. Lame scene I thought... and I don't want a figure to remind me of it.
Padme Amidala (black leather temptation dress from fireside talk) - Ditto. Another toy that'll remind me just how unromantic and hardly convincing all of that dialog was.
Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) - Mmm, only if there was some kind of Kamino playset or something with Fett's apartment.

I'd most rather see more Kaminoans really. A whole clone/Kaminoan set would be best. I'll vote Kaminoan civilian here.

Rocketboy
05-31-2004, 09:34 PM
NP's hot, but that's not a good enough reason to make the figure.That's more than enough reason! :D

Silent Chazz
06-01-2004, 12:35 AM
I vote for the Padme in the Picnic Dress. Why? She has honey-buns, granted they aren't as humongous as Leia's were in ANH, but still pretty cool. Hey I've been out of the loop for a couple days, what was the poll before this last one? I cant seem to remember.

Tycho
06-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Silent Chazz - you voted for Padme in her Nightgown from the cohoun attack scene. She was up against a cast from Club Outlander and Dexter's Diner. You're up to date.

I figure it's time to keep the majority of you all excited and add a new group to vote over. By my records

El Chuxter is 2 votes behind
Deoxyribonucleic is 1 vote behind
JediMarvin is 1 vote behind
Evenflow is like 6 votes behind (we may have to assume he's dead)
JabbasGlob may be 3 votes behind

They are welcome to catch up as their time permits. For everyone else coming back from what was hopefully a great Memorial Day Weekend:

Do Not Create 3-packs, but choose your favorite character for a figure from:

Owen Lars (Anakin's young step-brother)
Beru Whitesun (Owen's girlfriend)
Cliegg Lars (Shmi Skywalker's husband)
Count Dooku (softgoods cloak most main guys get this version to sit in vehicles)
Separatist Niemoidan (forgot his name, but it's not Rune in E2)
Separatist Quarren Senator Tikkes (Squidhead wearing red)
Separatist Tonbuck Toora (large mouse the size of a Whipid)
Padme Amidala (from the Lars garage - "I killed them all")
Shmi Skywalker (beaten by the Tuskens and dying)
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red "creat(ing) a Grand Army of the Republic")

Boy do I like most of these options! I thought it would be hard to choose, but for me it's actually not. In spite of my desire I probably share with the rest of you to create "3-packs" out of the Separatists and the Lars family, we can't speak for how Hasbro could offer us these characters, we can just vote for the one we "can't live without."

For me it's Owen Lars as I just look at the character as the one figure that represents a sense of destiny for what's about to happen - and who will be raised on that farm. It's Luke Skywalker's Uncle!

Cliegg would be cool and unique with his missing leg and hoverchair

Palpatine would just look absolutely "Imperial"

Padme would be attractive - as would be most figures of her

Tonbuck Toora would be a new sculpt (Ansionian I think) - and another large figure would be cool

Tikkes I just want - as Tessek was my favorite POTJ figure and I just like Quarren.

Dooku I think we could live without, but if they have to re-release him, this would be a way to freshen up the character (with no action features and super-articulation).

Shmi would be in bad taste, in my opinion. I've used the POTJ figure and tied her to the Tusken "rack" that Anakin Tatooine comes with. I just make her look away so you can't tell she's 10 years younger and healthier than she's supposed to be. I mean, it's his MOM... So I'm not voting for that over all the better possibilities.

Uncle Owen it is!

Kidhuman
06-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Owen for me too. We need a carded Owen badly

plasticfetish
06-01-2004, 04:08 AM
Owen Lars - Another of those figures that we should have had ages ago. Really should have been the one to come with his bike, rather than that silly Anakin figure.
Beru Whitesun - Another one we need, but there's always the next movie I suppose.
Cliegg Lars - Yeah, I can see this one happening maybe, but it's not my first choice.
Count Dooku (softgoods cloak) - I'd still like to see a version like this also. I kind of hope that it's coming, maybe as a special "PTC" figure someday.
Separatist Neimoidian, Separatist Quarren Senator Tikkes (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/tikkes/), Separatist Toonbuck Toora (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/toonbucktoora/) - It's just about impossible for me to pick one over the other here. These senators or any others -- I want them all, especially the cool looking aliens. The Neimoidian, (I can't find a name for and I'm not really sure which one anyway) well, any Neimoidian is good for me. Tikkes would be great and Toonbuck Toora is an amazing looking alien that'd be an amazing figure to have. As far as these being offered as single carded figures or maybe as part of a multi-pack goes, I'd rather Tikes and Toonbuck be single carded. The multi-pack quality tends to be pretty mediocre, and these ones need to be nice.
Padme Amidala (from the Lars garage - "I killed them all") - Not interested.
Shmi Skywalker - No.
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red - Very nice idea, but I suppose we'll get something like this from Episode 3.

Well, part of me really wants to vote for Owen. Beru's a very close second to that and I'm almost not sure that I can choose one alone. So, instead of splitting up the couple, I'll go for the most "fun" option (for me anyway) on the list -- Toonbuck Toora.

jedimarvin
06-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Ok....last round...I don't think any of those Padme's really need to be made. Maybe the yellow dress from the frolicking scene but they could wait. This wasn't the most exciting list of figures but I guess I would go with Jango Fett Apartment as long as he had snap-on armor or something.

This round is much more exciting. I'm pretty tonr on Clieg and Owen but I think Clieg Lars would just be a more interesting action figure so I'll vote for him.

dindae
06-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Well this is a good group and hopefully we will see most of these made. I'm going to vote for Beru. I met the actress at Celebration II so that's enough to sway my vote.

stillakid
06-01-2004, 07:47 AM
I've already got plans for a "Deaths of Tatooine" Cinema Scene that includes a bound and gagged Shmi. We already have Owen so I'll vote for Clieg, the "step grandfather" :rolleyes: of Luke.

Jaff
06-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Tycho you have proved yourself to be a worthy advassary with this spectacular list. Would you like to join me with my knights at Camelot now that you have just forced me to deny some of my greatest wants in order to pick one. I shall avenge this moment!!! :eek:

Owen Lars (Anakin's young step-brother) - Please Hasbro!
Beru Whitesun (Owen's girlfriend) - Please Hasbro!
Cliegg Lars (Shmi Skywalker's husband) - Pretty Please Hasbro!

Count Dooku (softgoods cloak most main guys get this version to sit in vehicles) - How about...........NOOOO, x 3. Softgoods is O.K., I just want a nuetral Dooku without arthritis in his hands.

Separatist Niemoidan (forgot his name, but it's not Rune in E2) - Honestly I'm not that excited about this one because there is so many other characters to be focused on.

Separatist Quarren Senator Tikkes (Squidhead wearing red) - This would be cool. It would be nice to have another Quarren figure.

Separatist Tonbuck Toora (large mouse the size of a Whipid) - Please Hasbro!

Padme Amidala (from the Lars garage - "I killed them all") - Just another Padme in an outfit to me. I'll take more interest in outfits when they make more different characters.

Shmi Skywalker (beaten by the Tuskens and dying) - This figure is not necessary.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red "creat(ing) a Grand Army of the Republic") - Anything with Palpatine MUST be made!

The Lars family, Tonbuck and Palpatine are all musts as far as I am concerned. However I will chuck palpy for the Lars and Tonbuck. I honestly want the Lars over Tonbuck so he/she has got to go. That leaves us with the Lars. I want to see Owen and Beru very very badly. They should allready be made since they had more lines than half the Episode II figs made so far. Still Clieg has to win because we have never seen any figure of him before. We do have the older version of Beru and Owen, but we have never had a Clieg Lars figure before, and they need to make him NOW!

Rocketboy
06-01-2004, 09:06 AM
I'd like both Owen and Beru...but since we can only have 1...

Owen Lars

Droid
06-01-2004, 09:48 AM
This round is hard. It has four of the twelve figures I most want from Attack of the Clones. I am ruling out Shmi because I don't know that she would be THAT different from her Episode I figure.

I don't know who the other Separatist Niemodian is either. It is not Rune. I have heard that it is Lot Dodd, but the voice is different so I don't think it is. Lot Dodd is listed on starwars.com in the cast list for Episode II.

The big three, the three figures that should most be made from the prequels, in my opinion, are Owen, Beru, Cliegg.

Owen-Beru. How do you pick between the two? I don't know (so don't tell me, I avoid spoilers), but I am guessing that Owen and Beru will be in Episode III, so maybe we could get figures of them then. I guess (BUT I DON'T KNOW) that Cliegg won't be in Episode III, so this may be our only shot. Also, his hover chair would be a unique feature. These are incredibly
significant figures that need to be made.

I vote for Cliegg.

I think we all agree that there should be two more three packs of the Lars farm with some combination of Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Anakin, Padme, and perhaps C-3P0 or Shmi.

LusiferSam
06-01-2004, 11:50 AM
My vote's for Count Dooku. I know we have a lot of him (none are that great in my opinion) but I'm a sucker for softgoods. I invariably think the softgoods version of just about any figure is the better version. A very close second would be Cliegg. In other words I'm willing to change my vote if and only if we have a tie.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Deoxyribonucleic is 1 vote behind

I'll pick Kaminoan civilian, I forgot how many outfits padme has and I take back what I said earlier, I don't need to see them all in plastic, nor the obi wans or the anakins...i want to see new characters not yet made lol ;)

Do Not Create 3-packs, but choose your favorite character for a figure from:

Count Dooku (softgoods cloak most main guys get this version to sit in vehicles)
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red "creat(ing) a Grand Army of the Republic")

I choose Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red "creat(ing) a Grand Army of the Republic

Tycho
06-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Geeze. I was just counting. We've gone through 107 figure possibilities and we're still not even done with Episode 2!

There's 10 left for a total of 117 prequel figures not counting our choices for "ultras."

Anyway, at approximately 50 new figures per year (in good years), WITHOUT Episode 3, this hobby can keep going through 2005 and 2006, just based on E1 and E2.

And based on the way the votes are falling, at least half the figures we've gone through can demonstrate some demand for them, in so far as smart marketing is concerned.

El Chuxter
06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
BOOM!!!

Looks like this thread is moving so fast, it just broke the sound barrier! :D

Okay, going way back here. . . .

First: Jocasta Nu. She'd clog shelves after a couple of weeks, but I don't care. She rules!

I wouldn't mind a decent figure of Hermione, either, but only in a Cinema Scene with Harry and Ron. :crazed:

Second: Tough choice. I'd really like the Adult Clone, but I think Civilian Jango is more necessary. Never thought I'd vote for yet another Jango.

Third: Really, really, really tough. There are a lot of major characters here. But if voting for only one, I'm going for Cliegg Lars, just because I think he'd make the coolest figure.

JediTricks
06-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red "creat(ing) a Grand Army of the Republic")Not a single one here holds any appeal for me whatsoever. Not even the Dooku, which I normally would have voted for, but really has no use whatsoever in comparison to the other handful of Dooku figures, the guy just didn't do enough in the film to warrant yet another version (I probably would take a super-articulated, soft-goods-cloak version, but I don't think I'd vote for one). I almost said my LLTA vote would go to Cliegg Lars simply because it'd be interesting to see how they handle it, but then I re-read what I said about Dooku and realized he really is the one I'd be least likely to avoid, so Super Articulated Dooku w/ soft-goods cloak is my vote.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I'll go with Cliegg Lars. He would make a really cool figure, with his floating wheel chair (should it even be called that?) and maybe he could have some graves or part of the Lars table. The others are okay, but I want a Cliegg.

Hellboy
06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Really tough choices here but I'll vote for Cleigg Lars as well. He is a pretty important character and like others have stated it would be interesting to see how he turned out with his chair and all.

Princess Jennifer
06-01-2004, 06:52 PM
I would have to say I would like to see the Padme' Hand Maiden figure. She is my favorite character in the movies so I would like to see that one made. Only if they make them look more like the person. All of Padme's figures haven't looked like her in the least bit so if they make them look better I would buy them

B'Omarr Monkey
06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Welcome Princess Jennifer. Feel free to catch up with all of the other lists in this thread.

I'm voting for Toonbuck Toora, beacuse she is a cool looking alien.

While I'd also love to see the Lars familay, it was too hard to choose between them, though I suspect I'd lean towards Cliegg for the uniqueness of the figure. the only other one I'm particularly interested in is the red Palpatine.

Silent Chazz
06-02-2004, 12:29 AM
As much as I do want that Padme in the newest Poll, Im going to have to go for Soft-goods-treatment Count Dooku because I dont like the 2 Dookus I have (Force Flipper and the one with 2 sabers and Sidious Holo) due to stupid gimmicks. I want a neutrally posed-super articulated-soft goods Dooku.

Tycho
06-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Looks like Cliegg Lars is finishing first in this race in spite of being on his last leg. ;)

I couldn't resist.

Hey, today I'm going to be very, very busy. Could the next person to vote go and quote the list of choices for the final group of characters from Attack of the Clones? (for people who set their user control to display 20 responses per page) The new list will then appear at the top of the next page and make it easier for everyone else. Thanks.

This is the final list to offer characters from Attack of the Clones for basic figure assortments. We finish going through the movie scene by scene by taking the frame that Anakin and Padme leave Tatooine bound for Geonosis on their rescue mission to save Obi-Wan Kenobi, and finish with the end credits after the great battle on Geonosis that starts the Clone Wars.

Now vote for your most wanted character from:

C-3PO - a regular sculpt, perhaps with mositure vaporator
Padme Amidala - Arena fight, a resculpt of the ripped shirt version
Bultar Swan - Asian female Jedi
Sora Bulq - Weequay Jedi who goes Dark Side later in comics
Stass Allie - Adi Gallia's cousin that looks just like her
Darra - the blonde Jedi girl that goes "Haa!" Could be Jedi Quest character
Pablo Jill - the new for E2 alien as a Jedi. Rumored but not yet prototyped
Obi-Wan Kenobi - wounded by Dooku's saber
Master Yoda - a super-articulated sculpt with cloth robe, lightsaber
Dooku's pilot droid from hanger duel

Believe it or not, some of the resculpts offered here are very, very tempting.

I'd actually buy all the figures listed here, except I'm not sure I'd need C-3PO, Padme, or Obi-Wan again, with these minor variations. I'm ok with the original figures.

The Yoda however, could be awesome!

Pablo Jill is really tempting and I hope his production is really happening.

I'm just too into the Weequay Vaapad Master who fights at Geonosis, but will later join Count Dooku and fight Mace Windu (in the comics). With some difficulty, presented mostly by other Jedi choices, I'm voting for Sora Bulq!

plasticfetish
06-02-2004, 04:39 AM
C-3PO - a regular sculpt - Yep! And while we're at it, where's my 12" 3PO from Episode 2?
Padme Amidala - Arena fight - I don't see them re-doing something like this. It would have been nice if they'd simply done it right the first time. (If they did this again, I'd buy it though. I hated the first one.)
Bultar Swan (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bultarswan/), Sora Bulq (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/sorabulq/), Stass Allie (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/stassallie/), Darra (Thel-Tanis) or Pablo-Jill (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/pablojill/) - I'd take all of these. The more Jedi the better.
Obi-Wan Kenobi wounded - Oooh. Now this one I could see.
Master Yoda - a super-articulated sculpt with cloth robe, lightsaber - D*mn! This makes it much harder for me to decide. I think we should have had this to begin with. I'm willing to guess that we still may have a shot at it later though.
Dooku's pilot droid - All droids are welcome, but this one would be best as a pack-in with a ship.

Tough, tough, tough! I'd take them all. I think we got robbed when it came to droids from this movie. Never been satisfied with only the C-3PO version that we have (not a fan of the DX one either really.) I want a good tarnished and miss-matched version. The Yoda is a solid idea... a no brainer. (Which makes it harder to understand why they didn't come up with one.) I'm gonna have to go with the big weird alien vote here again though -- Pablo-Jill.

(Going out of town for a few days, I'll catch up later.)

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Dooku's Pit Droid.

dindae
06-02-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm going with KH on this one. Although I do want more jedi, the Padme resculpt, and C-3PO resculpt.

jedimarvin
06-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Another tough one. I would love to see a resculpted Padme Arena and a decent sculpted lightsaber-wielding Obi-Wan. I also love those Jedi's. Hmmm... I'm gonna go with Sora Bulg if for no other reason that he turns up in the comics. I'd really like to see others form this list too.

I'd also like to see Dooku's spaceship. The pilot droid would be a nice add in, although we'd probably need a soft goods Count cuz I doubt we'd be able to cram either of the current ones in a cockpit.

Droid
06-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Tycho, I think I have even voted for resculpts in the past (is Anakin in his Jedi robes a resculpt?; I know I voted for civilian Jango), but it does not seem like figures that you yourself call resculpts should be in this poll. It is titled Favorite Figures Never Made Before. In the end, are we submitting a list to Hasbro that says, "Forget any minor characters, we want Padme and Jango and Dooku and Yoda and 3P0!" I don't know. It seems we have lost our way.

All the Jedi would be great, but my favorite would be Pablo Jill.

However, Tycho you said we could do a write in, so I am. I want a very obscure character - THE PERSON WHO MARRIED ANAKIN AND PADME

He is crucial to a diorama of that scene and a fascinating character in that he knows the secret. I assume he is clergy, though he could be a civil official of some kind. He kind of reminds me of the clergy from Romeo and Juliet who helps them out.

Tycho
06-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Good addition to the list, Droid. I added "Naboo Clergyman-marries Anakin and Padme" to the group.

As to the resculpts. You're probably right. However, so many people complained about that Padme (which you could add nexu wounds to if you wanted to make her slightly different) and C-3PO without add-on pieces would be a new sculpt...eh. It's a technicality, but it does complete a list. Yes, the Anakin you voted for with the robes in a relaxed pose (like the way Vader wears them) would be both super-cool and possibly a resculpt. In any event, the votes that go back to main characters do offer insight into whether Hasbro's marketing research and offerings up of the regular heavies is merited or not.

Our super-list has come up with a lot of Padmes, but Dooku and Jango are further down the list, and Anakin and Obi-Wan barely placed, though since Hasbro is going to re-release them anyway (what's a Batman line with absolutely NO Batmans on the racks?) we've shown support for new ideas on ways to refresh the character. Padme though, is almost an entirely new never-made-before character due to every elaborate wardrobe change.

At the end of all this, I'm going to make a list of every character we voted on, and at least every character that placed, with the all-time highest vote-getters at the top (currently the Queen Theed Celebration and Queen Purple Travel Gown with 12 votes each) and make a most-demanded ranking list. Who wins the tops spots will undoubtedly affect whether the ladies stay at the top. Certainly other poll winners like Senator Yarua have had a tougher time climbing to the top from their film segment's category, but have never yet competed against Amidala.

But for now we have "Attack of the Clones Round 5" to complete. Your updated choices are:

Now vote for your most wanted character from:

Naboo Clergy - marries Anakin and Padme

JabbaGlob
06-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Okay, I'm back from the long weekend and now it's catching-up time

Jocasta Nu
Adult Clone
Cliegg Lars
Bultar Swan

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 11:38 AM
That was an excellent addition Droid. Tycho, if you dont mind I will change my vote to the Clergymgan.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-02-2004, 11:46 AM

simply because the whole idea of a weequay jedi knight makes me giggle. :silly:

LusiferSam
06-02-2004, 11:51 AM
None of those do anything for me. I'll vote for Dooku's droid pilot.

El Chuxter
06-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Sora Bulq, but I'd like it to be noted that Bultar Swann is a very close second in case there's a "second chance" runoff in the future.

Dumb question: isn't "Hi-Yaa Girl" brunette, not blonde? I could be wrong.

Jaff
06-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Resculpts, resculpts, I just want some more characters. This is just more stuff that Hasbro will error on, and make us buy again.

Actually I'm going to go for Dooku's pilot droid. So far they have done very poorly on Episode II Jedi, and I'm more anxious for the droid because it can't be messed up!

B'Omarr Monkey
06-02-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm going to pretend that the unconfirmed Pablo Jill is actually going to happen, to free up my vote here.

I'd love a C-3PO, especially with a moisture vaporator pack-in.

I'd buy everything else except for maybe Obi-Wan and a soft goods Yoda. I've never been a big fan of the soft goods.

I'm voting for Bultar Swan just edging out Dooku's pilot droid.

Rocketboy
06-02-2004, 04:17 PM
I've had enough of the generic blaster target Jedi.
My top 3:
C-3PO - definintley needs a resculpt, but there is the Deluxe one if necessary.
Padme Amidala - Arena fight resculpt is also needed. The first shouldn't have ever been released.
Master Yoda - super-articulated is cool in theory, but because of Yoda's size, terrible, this would look. ;)

Padme gets my vote (yet again), for the reason stated above.

Hellboy
06-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Dumb question: isn't "Hi-Yaa Girl" brunette, not blonde? I could be wrong.

No you're right Chux, she was a brunette with tight braids accross the front of her hairline.

I like all of the Jedi choices this round but the most appealing to me is Sora Bulq. Generally I'd prefer to see the alien Jedi produced before the humans but it would be nice to eventually have them all.

TheDarthVader
06-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I am going to vote for Cleigg Lars and Naboo Clergyman .

JediTricks
06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Dooku's pilot droid from hanger duel None of these really interest me at all, so LLTA vote: Dooku's Pilot Droid.

Silent Chazz
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Padme Amidala - Arena fight definately. Can't have too many Padme's, can we?

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 11:15 PM
None of these really interest me at all, so LLTA vote: Dooku's Pilot Droid.

Whagt is LLTA?

Tycho
06-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Least likely to avoid.

JediTricks is not a completist to the best of my knowledge (but so what? - neither am I).

Now we've completed probably 99% of every conceivable prequel character seen on screen and offered them to each of you.

I did notice that there were more than several occasions when several of you were totally uninterested in background characters.

Star Wars action figure fans are a diverse lot:

1) some of you don't like the prequels, and could care less for many of these choices for that reason.

2) some of you just want the main characters, and like as nice of representations of them no matter if Hasbro takes several attempts to get them. (and they do that on purpose, no doubt!)

3) some of you create dioramas, and you need every single character including the Outlander Bartender, who possibly was never spotted on the final edit for screeing.

4) some of you just like really cool sculpting and detail work, and think some background scenery alien or a cool outfit change for Padme would produce something very unique and different from anything you've previously seen offered to own.

The larger the collection gets, the more dangerous these choices become:

- too much offerings from classic produce resculpts and re-cardings that people get sick of

- completists could quit for this reason - and every completist who leaves, hurts Hasbro of course

- obscure characters sell to die-hards, but unless they are easily common-use aliens (like you could use a few Whipids in scenes somewhere) - the single-time-only-scene-species, such as one of the Podracers, won't be selling like an army builder and could easily become a pegwarmer (Teemto Pegalles)

- parents and one-time-only giftgiving aunts and uncles, etc. will look for Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker to buy as presents because they don't want to chance that a kid they are purchasing for already has or doesn't like Watto (who the parent's never heard of).

There's a large dilemma Hasbro faces when selecting characters.

They probably classify their assortment parameters based on what they estimate profits would be by making:

x amount of core characters (re-cards, or resculpts)
x amount of army builders
x amount of for-the-fans-potential pegwarmers
x amount of repaints for easier profit margins

Ephant Mon was not cheap for Hasbro to offer to us. To this day I think production of him was so much lower than that for other regular line figures. They can repaint C-3PO, and an accessory to Han Solo (like a cloth trench coat on the same pegwarming Shield Generator figure) - but there's nothing they can do with Ephant Mon, but possibly re-release him and chance it that everyone who didn't find it, still hasn't bought one off e-Bay and would support it if they saw him in the stores. (hmmm. Maybe I should offer Ephant as a re-card when we get to the ROTJ choices - just in case we should test that....)

Anyway, were only waiting on 3-4 votes right now. I think I should offer the next day's new round - the potential ULTRA FIGURES! Stand by...

Tycho
06-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Hey, please check out my last post (previous page on your view probably) and offer your comments while we discuss the figures.

We've offered you 118 plus new potential basic figures covering almost everything seen in the prequels. We're just about to look at Classic StarWars' choices (run-offs and final prequel vote-counts will be later in case new people join us)

But we have to choose from these choices that could represent new figures in the ULTRA LINE:

Queen Amidala Theed Palace with Throne (desk and hidden weapons in chair)

Gardulla the Hutt with R5 droid or alien guard (you specify what you'd want)

Nute Gunray softgoods with mechanical spider-walker chair and holo-Sidious (not poseable)

Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon Jinn with battlewound, simulated fire like Unleashed Mace

Padme Amidala Nightgown with bed, crash-through window on partial wall, kohouns

Padme Amidala in backless dress with Naboo water-skimmer canoe vehicle

Jango Fett out of armor with part of apartment wall with closet and window simulating looking out to Kamino landing platform and Slave-One (includes removed armor one-piece prop)

Rickshaw droid with carrier coach (and maybe softgoods Padme in blue Tatooine outfit with midriff revealed)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red from "Emergency Powers speech" with Chancellor's speaker platform (could hold 3 figures) and camera droid

Obi-Wan Kenobi as Dooku's Prisoner with Jedi Capture Device

Large Flying Droid from Geonosion Droid Foundry that catches C-3PO when he falls (might include 3PO resculpt)

Some of these choices are really hard.

I'll eliminate what's easier for me:

Obi-Wan - would be nice because I don't need the other characters in the TRU 4-pack, and I do want the detention device, but it's just not my first choice. The scene where Obi-Wan confronts Dooku with only words while he's being shocked as a prisoner of the Geonosions is still powerful though.

Palpatine would make a great figure, and this set should eventually happen, but we could just as easily get Palpatine carded wearing his red "emergency powers" garb.

Padme and her desk, Padme and her canoe? The canoe figure at least presents us with a character offered in our poll before, but still never from Hasbro. While the idea of the figure from the "first kiss" gets a second chance, it's not on the top of my list. It could also be a canoe with soft-goods Anakin, but since Padme was never made before, I thought it should be offered this way. The Throne Room Desk would help make a great diorama, but a Theed Throne Queen in softgoods would only resculpt a POTJ figure we already have, when how many Padme's have never been made? Make the other Padme's then come back and do this Ultra figure.

Gardulla the Hutt has never been offered, but hardly seems important. While I'd like other Hutts made, there were greater ones in the EU stories that would be cooler to have than Gardulla - and some of the other figures would be cooler too. Just thought I'd mention that.

Nute with the mecho-chair would be great. They would never give you 2 figures, such as recarding the vhtf Holo-Sidious figure. So the best way to get both is to make it so Nute can sit in the chair (softgoods) and make Sidious a salt-shaker this time. He doesn't need articulation for this scene anyway. This is a really solid choice IMO.

The Jango would offer a figure that actually won solid demand from this crowd participating here. An apartment playset is almost what we'd create with very simple parts of plastic and a sticker that Hasbro could offer up with Jango. It would make him coming out of armor a little sweeter, so it's a good idea to think about.

The Rickshaw droid with vehicle has been on a lot of people's radar for those who collect vehicles. But who could ride in it? Who does ride in it? Anakin and Padme. Either in these outfits would be a resculpt. Padme is seen on screen sitting in it more than Anakin is. But to use the coach, they'd have to be softgoods to sit down. Padme would offer more than Anakin, who we might see in softgoods anyway - as they like to re-release him in this outfit a lot as it is. So Padme's the less offensive choice and would offer 2 pieces of material in softgoods for her to actually sit down like a lady. Still, for this reason, the whole idea of resculpts of these characters, especially Padme in an outfit we have of her when there are like almost 20 outfits that we don't have of her, doesn't sit well with me. For this reason, I could almost care less if we never got a rickshaw. But I'd buy it for sure if they made it - with either passenger resculpted.

The Large Flying Droid from the Geonosian Foundry - with or without the C-3PO, would be the largest droid we've ever gotten in the entire SW collection I think! With 4 poseable arms, some droid factory equipment it was carrying, etc. - it would be a very impressive piece added to our collection - maybe with a clear stand to simulate it flying (instead of a string coming out of its head like some other droid...) This would be more than a solid appology for R2-D2! Dang this would be cool!

But I have to vote for Qui-Gon Jinn on the funeral pyre! Part of me just wants to see if they will make it -as I'd like a Darth Vader one too. I want to start a burning figure collection and who knows? We may one day also get Owen and Beru from their last scene too! But the way the Unleashed Mace figure's burning Jedi robe "on fire effect" was done, is more than inspirational to me to say that Hasbro could do an awesome job with this. The Qui-Gon figure could also be used separately to get stabbed through by Darth Maul. Maybe a replacement "plug" could be put in him to "heal" the hole so Qui-Gon could be useful as a Jedi Duel figure to new collectors that don't have a chance to find him in stores any more. But mostly, I really want to see if Hasbro would do this figure. lol I'd really buy it, and I am serious - as there were a LOT of really great Ultra figure ideas to choose from for the prequels.

You pick your favorite now!

Kidhuman
06-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Gardulla with Alien or droid.

jedimarvin
06-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Funeral Pyre Qui-Gonn would be interesting, but I just can't picture Hasbro releasing a dead action figure. My choice is Palpatine with Senate podium. It would be a very useful piece of scenery to ahve and a great way to get another Palpy out there. Amidala with throne would be a close second.

Rocketboy
06-03-2004, 07:31 AM
The only 2 that would interest me would be Queen Amidala with Throne or Palpatine with pod. Nute is tempting though.
Both would be good for dioramas.

Palpatine and his pod gets my vote for the simple reason that we've already had that Queen and we haven't had that Palpatine.

dindae
06-03-2004, 07:49 AM
None of these excite me too much so I'm going off on my own and write in Genosian with artillery piece.

Droid
06-03-2004, 09:05 AM

I guess I would choose the alien guard. Anakin's former owner - she is a significant character, not a different spin on a main character!

Jaff
06-03-2004, 09:34 AM
While I doubt that Hasbro would have the vision to release these items, it is a intriguing list.

Padme Amidala Nightgown with bed, crash-through window on partial wall, kohouns - This will never be made guarenteed. Hasbro will never release a Star Wars figure with a bed, it would be too controversial.

Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon Jinn with battlewound, simulated fire like Unleashed Mace
Queen Amidala Theed Palace with Throne (desk and hidden weapons in chair)
Jango Fett out of armor with part of apartment wall with closet and window simulating looking out to Kamino landing platform and Slave-One (includes removed armor one-piece prop)
Padme Amidala in backless dress with Naboo water-skimmer canoe vehicle
- These are the least exciting and should probably be released as a single carded figure.

Large Flying Droid from Geonosion Droid Foundry that catches C-3PO when he falls (might include 3PO resculpt)
- I honestly thought this droid looked very weak and contrived in the film. I really have 0 interest in seeing this thing made!

- Although I want Gardulla and the figures mentioned I don't think I would want it over the Rickshaw Nute with Spider and Palpatine with Senate pod!

Nute Gunray softgoods with mechanical spider-walker chair and holo-Sidious (not poseable)

Rickshaw droid with carrier coach (and maybe softgoods Padme in blue Tatooine outfit with midriff revealed)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red from "Emergency Powers speech" with Chancellor's speaker platform (could hold 3 figures) and camera droid

These last three are some really tough choices. I would love to see Palpatine with a pod, Nute on his spider, and the Rickshaw. In the end I would buckle and kick Nute from the list because he would be softgoods, and then I would have to say choose Palpatine with platform because it would probably be the only way we would ever see the platform made!

JabbaGlob
06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Most of these are uninteresting but I'll choose Nute Gunray with spider chair.

El Chuxter
06-03-2004, 12:11 PM
All sound cool, but my vote's for Gardulla, with a pack-in of either Diva Shaliqua or Diva Funquita, neither of whom will ever be made otherwise.

Tycho
06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Dindae, the Geonosian with the Artillery Cannon was a great write-in!

I can't believe I forgot that one. They were going to release a cannon (of some quality or another) with the arena playset, then decided they had to cut costs. Remember the Geonosian detention device was going to also come with it.

So I can see Hasbro releasing this.

I was almost going to put the executioner's cart in the list too, but don't you think that'd be too big? If the animal that pulls it is a statue and unposeable, they might do it. But I think the whole thing would be better with a Geonosian Picador figure that could ride the ORRAY - that's what the creatures were called (alligator-dogs) - but with the working (rolling) cart, a POSEABLE Orray, AND a Geonosian or Padme figure that could ride the thing (read wide-hips sculpt, like speederbike figures) - they'd never offer this as an ULTRA Figure for 10 bucks. They'd want to charge $15-20 to justify their costs probably.

But the cannon's within their price points for an Ultra I'm sure - and it's prototyped or even produced somewhere.

Good call, Dindae.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-03-2004, 12:51 PM

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Er, I've really wanted Qui-Gon Jinn with Funeral Pyre for a long time, so I'll vote for him. A lot of the others (Palpatine, Gardulla w/other figure) would be too big to just be Ultra figures, so they couldn't really be done properly.

Rocketboy
06-03-2004, 04:52 PM
A lot of the others (Palpatine, Gardulla w/other figure) would be too big to just be Ultra figures, so they couldn't really be done properly.I wouldn't say that. Jabba was pretty big and came with his arm rest thingy.

Droid
06-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Tycho, I will be on vacation until June 15th. I will likely get sporadic use of a computer during that time period. I hope that you do not close voting on any of the polls before I return or get a chance to use a computer again. This is a great poll. I am really looking forward to the results and for me the classic trilogy polls will have figures I want much more than many of the prequel choices.

Tycho
06-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all your enthusiasm, Droid! :)

Where are you going on your vacation? You should enjoy yourself and not worry about the internet! Find a new friend, girlfriend, or another robot ;) to play with while you're out someplace new! Recharge those power cells!
Do something new.

This thread will still be here.

Since we've been moving at a comfortable pace of 1 new poll per day, we'll have gone through the 9 groups of Classic Star Wars figures I have planned.

But we won't close voting on them until after you're back, OK? ;)

However, we may be closing up the votes you've already participated in for the prequel figures, and doing the final selections from amongst those characters.

But this thread's not going to die there either.

Important: everyone please read.

We have an interesting dillemma:

1) we complete the classic polls
2) we do finalists for prequel figures
3) we discuss the list of "top 59" prequel figures (as it's worked out) and see if the choices turned out to be appropriate
4) then we close the classic polls and do finals for them.
5) we figure out the top 50 or so Classic figures and see if everyone can agree on them
6) we do a show-down between our top 5 prequel and top 5 sequel figures and see if people agree on the outcome of that
7) we have to figure out if we are going to integrate the Classic and Prequel figures into a "most wanted list" that's totally prioritized, and how to do that.
8) we have an interesting discussion if Hasbro continuing to do figures is worth it -for them - and for us, and barring Episode 3, how many figures are left to keep the majority of us into the hobby?

Will Star Wars go on after most of us quit?

Will we go on collecting every Tatooine Luke with a packaging variation?

Do some of you really want Star Wars to end? After which figures on our list get made? The top 10, the top 20? How do you know until we make that list?

Will some of you HATE collecting if our lists of "bit scene players" like Jocasta Nu become the new breed of figure shipping to the racks? I mean aren't some of you just holding out for the ultimate Anakin and then that's it?

Who knows? Maybe we can predict a date when this whole thing dies...when they hit the bottom of the barrel...or when most of us quit. You might even be able to plan your budget off the results we get (not counting Episode 3).

Someday in 2006-07, we can revisit this thread, checking in what's left (if anything) to make from E3, and then we'll finally know.

If a Star Wars TV show or EU figures have made a prominent appearance, it would have been by 2007, wouldn't it? (and if it had not yet occured, how many of us would be left waiting for it to happen then anyway?)

So hopefully, there's a lot of life left in Star Wars collecting, and there's still a lot of life left in this thread!

dindae
06-03-2004, 07:20 PM
I would like to see a winner in the prequels and a winner for the sequels. Too many of us put one before the other that it will be more like voting for your favorite series. As for when to do it I'm itching to see the polls for A New Hope. Any plans for a vehicle/beast follow up? :D

Hellboy
06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I would like to see a winner in the prequels and a winner for the sequels. Too many of us put one before the other that it will be more like voting for your favorite series.

What he said.

As for my vote I'm going with Nute Gunray w/ mechanical spider walker chair and holo-Sidious this round. Funny thing is I don't really care about the Nute Gunray figure as much as I do the holo-Sidious. I think the spider hologram droid looked sweet in the film and imagine it would make for a very cool figure too.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-03-2004, 11:36 PM
I did notice that there were more than several occasions when several of you were totally uninterested in background characters.

That's generalizing. I for one am very interested in the background characters, but we were asked to vote for the one figure we wanted most out of the groups offered. As I find Padmé Amidala to have the widest assortment of visually interesting outfits, she tended to win over other characters I'd still like to see.

There's a large dilemma Hasbro faces when selecting characters.

They probably classify their assortment parameters based on what they estimate profits would be by making:

x amount of core characters (re-cards, or resculpts)
x amount of army builders
x amount of for-the-fans-potential pegwarmers
x amount of repaints for easier profit margins

Ephant Mon was not cheap for Hasbro to offer to us. To this day I think production of him was so much lower than that for other regular line figures. They can repaint C-3PO, and an accessory to Han Solo (like a cloth trench coat on the same pegwarming Shield Generator figure) - but there's nothing they can do with Ephant Mon, but possibly re-release him and chance it that everyone who didn't find it, still hasn't bought one off e-Bay and would support it if they saw him in the stores. (hmmm. Maybe I should offer Ephant as a re-card when we get to the ROTJ choices - just in case we should test that....)

I had an interesting thougt about this today, which I will start as it's own thread under the OTC section about what Hasbro is going to do when all of the recarded figures from the Hall of Fame collection are still warming pegs when their counterparts in the OTC collection hit stores, and then further clog the pegs. Anyway, I'll go put up that thread after I catch up on voting.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-03-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm going to chime in with two other possibilities, though they lend themselves more to the traditional beast assortments than as ultras: The Kaadu w/ feathers w/ Captain Tarpals and the Colo Claw Fish.

As for what's on the list: There are a lot I like, particularly Nute w/the Spider chair, The Rickshaw droid w/ Padme, and Obi-Wan as Dooku's prisoner, which I see as being a plastic tube, much like the bacta tank, w/ clear blue plastic eneergy lines molded into it, and some sort of hidden interior ledges to put Obi-Wan's feet on so he looks suspended, and also so you can take him out.

I'm voting for Gardulla with one of the slave girls slightly over the spider chair, since I'm not too partail to soft goods, and don't think they will work too well with Nute's layered robes. I think it would be more succesful if he were molded to sit like the Emperor that came with the 3-pack way back when.

I agree that there should be winners for the prequels and sequels seperately. A top 50 for each might be nice to see as well.

LusiferSam
06-04-2004, 12:21 AM
I'll vote for the Rickshaw droid with carrier coach. This strikes me as one of the more interesting possibilities for a deluxe/ultra type figure. Without or with Padmé (or Anakin) I'd be interested in this one.

Tycho
06-04-2004, 01:10 AM
B'Omar - you're welcome to use this thread as a discussion thread. Why waste the opportunity to refer to the data being collected here in this thread, with the participants of this thread? Everyone should feel free to write about the merits of selections as well as the results of the selections right here if you like :) Together, we're creating a great thread!

For the 201st Post, I'd like to start us on CLASSIC STAR WARS!

All the Hasbro and the OTC collection has in store for us is resculpts and re-cards on packaging variations. Let's see what we as a group come up with, shall we?

To transition, and so that no one feels I'm leaving anything out, we'll start with Classic candidates for ULTRA FIGURES.

CHOOSE FROM THESE:

General Tagge with Death Star Conference Table (indicate if you feel we should substitute an updated Tarkin here)

Rebel Tactical Control Officer with Yavin Battle Display showing Death Star firing range

Darth Vader in the Executor's meditation chamber (complete improvement over "Complete Galaxy")

Torynn Far (female Hoth officer) with Ion Cannon Control Station (add to Rieeken's tactical screen to start making a complete Echo Base Command Center)

Ugnaught (new sculpt, or perhaps 2) with conveyor belt system, furnace, crates of junk, and a box full of C-3PO parts. (add Chewie and IG-88 to recreate classic scene and save C-3PO)

Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair (anguished Han Solo gets electrocuted!)

Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate Recovery Room (surgery bed with Luke in hospital gown, and changeable arms has one reveal inner bionics of artificial hand) Add FX-7, 21-B, and Bacta Tank to make full medical center

Jabba's Dungeon Droid Torture (the 21-B model being torn apart between two larger pieces of equipment. Includes equipment. Add EV-9D9 and 8D8 with their control stand and Gonk-Droid-Torture-Device, and then it'll only take a few Gamorreans

Worrt - the large creature outside Jabba's Palace that eats something that just ate something else. A burb accompanies the scene right before Leia as Boussh frees Han from the carbonite

Han Solo in carbonite (speaking of) this new Han has bending elbows and wrists that turn, maybe even interchangeable hands, so you can fit him inside the carbonite block perfectly. The back closes over the figure, so Han is completely seeled in. An alternate cover (front) is included, that lets you see your Han figure inside, so you can display him with Boussh as he's "thawing" from his icy coffin

Emperor Palpatine on his Death Star Throne - set includes observation tower window and throne chair, plus steps and railing and Dark Side Lightning. Palpatine is super-articulated and has softgoods allowing him to sit down or be carried by Darth Vader Emperor's wrath, who can be hit by Palpatine's lightning due to the Emperor's good wrist articulation and alternate lightning accessories, that let His Highness shoot bolts behind him

Darth Vader Funeral Pyre - Darth Vader figure has detachable right hand and lightsaber, possibly even removeable helmet or the 1998 figure's quality update, comes with large stack of logs and simulated fire like Mace Windu Unleashed's)

Tagge
Yavin Tactical
Han Bespin Torture
Worrt
Jabba's Dungeon Droid Torture

I can live without these. They're cool and Han's toture is my favorite one out of them all, for its uniqueness. But... (and hey, Yavin Tactical would go great with Dodonna, Leia, and C-3PO!) The Imperial Conference Table could have Tarkin, Motti, Vader, officers, Death Star Troopers...man it's all cool.

Vader Meditation Chamber
Torryn Farr - Ehco Base Ion Control
Ugnaughts conveyor belt and furnace
Ultimate Han Solo in Carbonite

These ideas are even better. The Han Carb is an indulgence. I don't need it, but it really would be a cool figure if they got it right. The Ugnaught idea seems like an awesome way to refresh Cloud City! Torryn Far goes with Rieekan and the Vader with Ozzel. It's all good.

Luke Medical Bay
Vader funeral pyre

Making a high tech medical bay is such a cool idea, especially considering the great figures like FX-7 that go with this group! The Bacta tank set was the best "ultra" Deluxe or whatever (large package) toy set in the entire line. Who couldn't be tempted by this???

Vader's funeral pyre (and funeral pyres, fake fire in general) is an obsession of mine. However, the pivitol scene marked the end of an era of history for the entire galaxy! Here's one more shot at the ultimate Vader removeable helmet anyway (because why waste a figure by not making him totally useable as an action figure with lightsaber etc. with all the accessories?)

But I'm voting for Ultimate Emperor Palpatine because more than any other figure in my collection I've never opened and am just "holding onto with hope for" is my POTJ Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath. This figure rocks and I finally want to have the figure and accessories to use him with! Even make this connect with that horrid Luke with the break-away railing to build more of the throne room (but please do us all a favor and use another DSII Luke!) This could make an ultimate recreation of the pivital scene of the whole SW trilogy: the Redemption of Anakin Skywalker and the bringing of Balance to the Force! Palpatine is the Master here!

Now you choose.

Jaff
06-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Darth Vader Funeral Pyre - Darth Vader figure has detachable right hand and lightsaber, possibly even removeable helmet or the 1998 figure's quality update, comes with large stack of logs and simulated fire like Mace Windu Unleashed's)
Darth Vader in the Executor's meditation chamber (complete improvement over "Complete Galaxy")
Ugnaught (new sculpt, or perhaps 2) with conveyor belt system, furnace, crates of junk, and a box full of C-3PO parts. (add Chewie and IG-88 to recreate classic scene and save C-3PO)
Han Solo in carbonite (speaking of) this new Han has bending elbows and wrists that turn, maybe even interchangeable hands, so you can fit him inside the carbonite block perfectly. The back closes over the figure, so Han is completely seeled in. An alternate cover (front) is included, that lets you see your Han figure inside, so you can display him with Boussh as he's "thawing" from his icy coffin
- Although all these sound nice I would desire something more from an ultra besides a resculpt and accessory. Give a new figure altogether. The Ugnaught sounds good, but unnessessary.

Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate Recovery Room (surgery bed with Luke in hospital gown, and changeable arms has one reveal inner bionics of artificial hand) Add FX-7, 21-B, and Bacta Tank to make full medical center
- Sounds like a nice figure, but all the accessories are unimpresive, and therefore this would be a good carded fig, not ultra. Besides there is also a Leia Medical Frigate too, and she would have to be carded, so Luke should be too.

Worrt - the large creature outside Jabba's Palace that eats something that just ate something else. A burb accompanies the scene right before Leia as Boussh frees Han from the carbonite - I want Worrt, but not more than some of the others mentioned.

Emperor Palpatine on his Death Star Throne - set includes observation tower window and throne chair, plus steps and railing and Dark Side Lightning. Palpatine is super-articulated and has softgoods allowing him to sit down or be carried by Darth Vader Emperor's wrath, who can be hit by Palpatine's lightning due to the Emperor's good wrist articulation and alternate lightning accessories, that let His Highness shoot bolts behind him - This is an interesting figure, but the word softgoods makes me back off of this immediately. I very much want a Palpatine throne, but softgoods items are either hit or miss, and I would not want this one to miss. Pass on this one.

General Tagge with Death Star Conference Table (indicate if you feel we should substitute an updated Tarkin here) - No Tarkin, Tagge sounds good. This would be a deffinate getter.

Rebel Tactical Control Officer with Yavin Battle Display showing Death Star firing range - Another must have.

Torynn Far (female Hoth officer) with Ion Cannon Control Station (add to Rieeken's tactical screen to start making a complete Echo Base Command Center) - Yep you guessed that I will say yes to this one too.

Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair (anguished Han Solo gets electrocuted!) - This is one of my favorite Han ideas. I've been dreaming of this since 96.

Jabba's Dungeon Droid Torture (the 21-B model being torn apart between two larger pieces of equipment. Includes equipment. Add EV-9D9 and 8D8 with their control stand and Gonk-Droid-Torture-Device, and then it'll only take a few Gamorreans - This would be nice for us since we could complete that room.

Honestly I have to go with Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair. Getting this would be a dream. It truely is the one figure that could have a screaming expression that would fit the figure. I'm surprised it wasn't in the Saga line, what with all those extreme facial poses and all.

Rocketboy
06-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Most of the ones listed would have to be either deluxe or a playset. I don't see how they coudl be single carded figures.

Despite it having to be a deluxe, Emperor Palpatine on his Death Star Throne interests me the most.

jedimarvin
06-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Wow Tycho, you sure don't make things easy. All those choices and only one vote? I would seriously like to see all of those pretty equally. I think they would all make awesome ultra figures. I have to make a choice though, so I'm gonna go with Han Solo Carbonite . An ultimate version would rock! Palpatine with throne and Vader with meditation chamber are also must haves for me though

dindae
06-04-2004, 08:13 AM
General Tagge with Death Star Conference Table (indicate if you feel we should substitute an updated Tarkin here) - even though I think this would be better as a two three pack set with all the undone general and maybe a new tarkin and vader making a choking action with his hand (too many choking figures to not have a choking vader.)

But I seriously want the following too

Rebel Tactical Control Officer with Yavin Battle Display showing Death Star firing range

Darth Vader in the Executor's meditation chamber

Torynn Far (female Hoth officer) with Ion Cannon Control Station

Ugnaught (new sculpt, or perhaps 2) with conveyor belt system, furnace, crates of junk, and a box full of C-3PO parts.

Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair

Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate Recovery Room

Jabba's Dungeon Droid Torture

Worrt - although I thought it was the same size as Bubo

Han Solo in carbonite

Emperor Palpatine on his Death Star Throne -

Kidhuman
06-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Man, great choices. I like Vader/Meditation Chamber, Han Torture Rack, Toryn Farr, and a few others. My vote goes to Han TOrture rack.

LusiferSam
06-04-2004, 11:36 AM
I'll go with Han in Bespin Torture Chamber. But I do like all of these ideas.

A side note the medical droid is 2-1B (Two-Onebee), not 21-B (Twenty One-Bee). And I thought what your calling Worrt was Bubo. What is the difference?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-04-2004, 11:46 AM
OMG! I want ALL of these...NOW! ;) But since I must choose, I vote for

Darth Vader Funeral Pyre -

El Chuxter
06-04-2004, 12:14 PM
I'd buy 'em all, but my vote goes to Han Solo: Bespin Torture Rack.

Kidhuman
06-04-2004, 12:25 PM
My problem with Torryn Farr is thgat it would look exactly like Rieekann's set. And to me Rieekann wasnt worth the deluxe/ultra label.

JabbaGlob
06-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Difficult choices here. But I'm a sucker for female figures so my choice is...
Torynn Far.

Tycho
06-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I envisioned her with a different console, bending knees with her articulation, and a perch to sit down on. Something to add more to Echo Base than just the same. These kinds of single-pieces that don't have moving parts aren't that expensive for Hasbro to make (we just need them to sculpt and paint them with detail - like lots of buttons and some monitor screens in this case).

Rieekan could have come with more, but even though I didn't vote for her in this round, I believe Torryn Farr could make up for it.

A friend I was talking to on the phone suggested DARTH VADER BESPIN BLAST DEFLECT WITH LUNCH TABLE AND CHAIRS to recreate the Cloud City Dinningroom Scene where almost the whole cast (minus Luke, R2, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Jabba) are all united on screen together. Use Vader if you'd like as a write-in. It's a good idea, but I won't be changing my vote for the Ultimate Palpatine w. Death Star Throne Room.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-04-2004, 12:42 PM
B'Omar - you're welcome to use this thread as a discussion thread. Why waste the opportunity to refer to the data being collected here in this thread, with the participants of this thread? Everyone should feel free to write about the merits of selections as well as the results of the selections right here if you like :) Together, we're creating a great thread!

Just trying to keep us focused without too many off-branching tangents. But, you're right. This si a great thread.

Tough choices, there's a lot I'd like, but I'm voting for General Tagge w/the table, though as dindae points out, this might be better as a three pack, maybe w/Tarkin and Wulf. This narrowly nudges out my runner up of Bespin Han w/torture rack, simply because I'd prefer a previously unmade figure over another Han.

By the way, dindae, I believe that the upcoming Vintage Vader has a choking left hand.

dindae
06-04-2004, 01:15 PM
By the way, dindae, I believe that the upcoming Vintage Vader has a choking left hand.

Yeah I just read that on the Hasbro site. :cool: Couldn't tell from the picture though too dark.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I'd like most of these, but I'll say Han Solo with Torture Rack. With Han Solo in Carbonite a very close second.

Tycho
06-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Well, this thread finally slowed down: it's been 23 hours since the last post - probably a record for this thread, all things considered.

Some folks still haven't voted, but I don't want to keep everyone else waiting for them. I think it's time we formally moved into the Classic era, scene-by-scene.

It is (now) a period of Civil War. Rebel spaceships striking from a hidden base have won their first victory against the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE.

During the battle, rebel spies have captured secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough firepower to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

Who's side will you be on?

TAKE YOUR PICK FROM:

Old Rebel Fleet Trooper
Imperial Officer (officer's tunic, as the 3 figures we have wear a jumpsuit)
the white platform droid with the multiple arms sticking up from it (Jawa scenes)
the black rolling half dome droid (a mining droid - Jawa auction)
Uncle Owen (resculpted and carded)
Luke Skywalker Tatooine in poncho
Biggs Darklighter Academy Uniform (lost scenes)
a moisture farmer (background human male with hat and typical Tatooine garb)
CZ-9 - white protocal droid seen in the sandcrawler and wobbling around Mos Eisley
the Bantha droid - large blue rolling droid, seen while Sandtroopers knock on doors
Wioslea - large cloaked alien who buys Luke's landspeeder before they leave Tatooine

Do not choose Cantina characters, but pick from these or write-ins from any point in the movie until the Falcon blasts off Tatooine. The next poll will cover cantina aliens exclusively.

I have to choose Biggs Darklighter. I've wanted this figure for a long time.

We're not supposed to form 2 or 3-packs in these threads, but you know how the Jabba denizens (with B'Omarr) were packaged? That'd be a great way to put out the rest of the Jawa droids since they can't have a lot of moving parts and we'd be getting ripped off at $5 for each of them. (So $10 for 3 seems like a better bargain).

CZ9 and the Bantha Droid would look great carded and be nice single additions, and Wioslea is another huge alien like Ephant Mon. I think Wioslea has multiple eyes - like 4 or more - but I don't recall with enough certainty at the moment.

Owen might come in handy to some of you who hate the 3-pack one, so I wanted to offer him.

Imps and Fleet Troopers can be re-molded and re-released from now until the line ends and they'll still sell, LOL!

But I want Biggs...Can't explain it. Just do.

How about you?

Jaff
06-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Old Rebel Fleet Trooper
I would not be satisfied with just another rehash, resculpt item. Hasbro would just release the same Owen, and Luke would be the same Luke we have had for years with one new accessory. As for the Imp and Fleet trooper they are just the same stuff.

the white platform droid with the multiple arms sticking up from it (Jawa scenes)
black rolling half dome droid (a mining droid - Jawa auction)
the Bantha droid - large blue rolling droid, seen while Sandtroopers knock on doors
All of these would be cool to see, but you got better picks on this list.

Very cool idea, I would like him but let me finish my film fare first before we get into the deleted stuff.

a moisture farmer (background human male with hat and typical Tatooine garb) - Who cares about this one!

CZ-9 - white protocal droid seen in the sandcrawler and wobbling around Mos Eisley
Wioslea - large cloaked alien who buys Luke's landspeeder before they leave Tatooine

These two are my biggest desires. I'm gonna have to go with CZ-9 because I've been dreaming of it for a long time. Wioslea would be interesting though.

dindae
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
My vote goes to Wioslea. He seems like the most unique choice. I would like to Biggs, all the droids (although I think an Ultra pack like the Jabba cronies pack would sell better than individual carded figures) and Owen resculpt the first was a terd.

Kidhuman
06-05-2004, 03:07 PM
I want an Owen and Beru Charred two pack. Hows that for a write in vote? :beard:

Tycho
06-05-2004, 04:37 PM
I want an Owen and Beru Charred two pack. Hows that for a write in vote? :beard:

I accepted your vote, but considering the likelihood of Hasbro making them, I think you helped us get support for:

another Han in his vest
another Luke Tatooine
another Leia in her white dress
another Vader
another Chewbacca
another old Obi-Wan in his Jedi Robes
another C-3PO

We're sure to get these because Hasbro needs to supply them to new people making impulse purchases, kids becoming old enough, or die-hard completists who will buy anything, but instead of the case looking like this:

Han
Luke
Leia
Vader
Chewie
Ben
(2x) Biggs
(2x) Wioslea
(2x) CZ-9

The case can look like this:

(2x)Han
(2x)Luke
(2x)Leia
(2x)Vader
(2x)Chewie
(2x)Ben

Oh - I forgot, you'll be able to find this case in Target now - and probably until next January :rolleyes: (but with different cardbacks)

So you're quitting collecting CLASSIC SW when?

Tycho
06-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Please continue voting in our first poll from Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope

TAKE YOUR PICK FROM:

Old Rebel Fleet Trooper
the black rolling half dome droid (a mining droid - Jawa auction)
a moisture farmer (background human male with hat and typical Tatooine garb)

Do not choose Cantina characters, but pick from these or write-ins from any point in the movie until the Falcon blasts off Tatooine. The next poll will cover cantina aliens exclusively.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I've wanted Wioslea for a long time, he's really cool. He's my vote.

LusiferSam
06-05-2004, 08:17 PM
I've always thought Wioslea would be a cool figure to have. The costume wasn't the greatest, but it was one of those figures I wished Kenner had made. So put me down for Wioslea.

Rocketboy
06-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Don't really want any of them...the droids should be packed with the upcoming Sandcrawler.
Wioslea gets the vote, I guess.

jedimarvin
06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm surprised so many people are voting for Wioslea. I don't know he alway kinda freaked me out and IMO a figure of him would look kinda silly. (Granted I'd still buy any figure from the classic trilogy) I would love to see Biggs academy as well, but for this my vote has to go to Uncle Owen simply because we got a perfect Beru in the POTF2 line and the purchase of the droids owen just doesn't stand up to it.

Actually, as I'm writing this, I have to wonder.....does R5-D4 count? I know we already have one but, c'om he turns into a missile launcher for Pete's sake. If R5-D4 counts as a right-in then I vote for him! If not, Owen it is.

Tycho
06-05-2004, 11:35 PM
JediMarvin, I put your vote in for R5D4.

I totally forgot to have his resculpt on the list.

The thread's supposed to be about new, never-made-before figures, but sometimes, the worst-of-the-worst (as described in Jaff and TheDarthVader's thread) have to be acknowledged as sometimes more than a few of you guys have voiced concern that you want a resculpt more than anything.

With that in mind, Death Star Trooper might be a candidate as well, seeing as how the original one sort of preposed, legs in motion.

And crispy Owen and Beru 2-pack does make our list now as well.

If anyone wishes to change their vote, please post so. The majority of us here will decide whether we push ahead to new figures, or revist the past when Hasbro gave us choices not particular to what we'd really wanted in the first place.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
This one is a pain for me as it includes two characters who have been on the top of my top 10 list since I made one back in '96 or '97.

WIOSLEA edges out CZ-9/CZ-3 just because he is perhaps the strangest alien in the SW universe. I used him as my avatar about a month ago, and didn't want to give him up.

There were a lot of good figures here. the droid three pack is a great idea. I would actually like a generic moisture farmer, they could pack him in with a jerba and we'd be all set. Biggs is another favorite choice for me.

btw, Tycho, I liked your first case assortment. I give that my vote as well.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2004, 12:24 AM
CZ-9

Wioslea would be my runner up for sure. A crazy character to add to my collection and always welcome, but I've wanted CZ-9 since I saw it on the big screen for the first time. There's just something about that droid I love!

Silent Chazz
06-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Time to play catchup with the last two waves:

Torynn Far gets my vote big time because she hasn't been caste in plastic yet in the Modern line and I dont even think she has been in the Vintage line either. I wan't my knee-articulated Hoth Technition darn sarn it! For the love of Ketwol, we got R-3PO, General Calrist Rieekan, and K-3PO. Why not this lil' lady?

Current Wave I'll vote for Luke Skywalker Tatooine in poncho because this is the perfect chance to recard VOTC SA Luke and just package him with the softgoods poncho from the POTJ Qui-Gon. This way we get VOTC Luke at $5. hehehehehehehe.

stillakid
06-06-2004, 11:39 AM
As to the first list on top of the page (the Ultra figures) it all comes down to the accessories and has little to do with the figure itself. At first glance I pick Vader simply because of the Chamber. But I really would like to see a whole new Star Destroyer Vehicle which has the chamber in it, so I'm not sure about that one.

So I'll go with Torynn Far (female Hoth officer) with Ion Cannon Control Station (add to Rieeken's tactical screen to start making a complete Echo Base Command Center) simply because it would be an all new figure that we've never seen.

For the second list on the page, I'll go with CZ-7 but of course I'd like to see any and all of the other never before made figures as well.

Rocketboy
06-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Change my vote to a crispy Owen and Beru 2-pack!
Seems like the only one that wouldn't be a massive pegwarmer.

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Change my vote to a crispy Owen and Beru 2-pack!
Seems like the only one that wouldn't be a massive pegwarmer.

Wooo-hoooo, ag follower :crazed:

I was suprised Stillakid didnt vote for a KFC extra crispy Owen and Beru value meal.

stillakid
06-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Wooo-hoooo, ag follower :crazed:

I was suprised Stillakid didnt vote for a KFC extra crispy Owen and Beru value meal.

Was that on the list? Besides, I already have one. :)

Kidhuman
06-06-2004, 04:16 PM
It was a write in on my behalf. BTW do you still have enough extra to make me one?

stillakid
06-07-2004, 01:03 AM
It was a write in on my behalf. BTW do you still have enough extra to make me one?

I think so. Did you ask me for one and I forgot to do it? If so, I apologize. Been terrifically busy of late. Once things calm down, I'll see what I can whip up. :nerv:

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Sounds good. I will drop you a PM about it in a few weeks.

Tycho
06-07-2004, 03:08 AM
Well, it seems the faithful are ready to move on to the infamous CANTINA ALIENS List.

I know a lot of you want all of these. Just vote for the one you have to have if one was all you could get. By way of everyone having slightly different priorities, I'd reckon the best choices will all be represented.

Now vote for your most-wanted character to be a figure from:
the Gotal (Feltripern Trevagg)
the Arcona (Hem Dazon)
the Givin (Elris Helrot)
the Advoze (Bom Vimdim)
the Abyssan (Myo)
the Anzati vampire (Dannik Jerriko)
Brea or Senni Tonnika (this is not a 2-pack. assume you get one) do you want it?)
Zvvvst (Brzzzt - "the Fly")
Kitik Keed Kak (mass released so everyone can get her)
the Lamproid (Dice Ebegon)
the Saurin (Fal Chas)
Brainiac (who's brain you can see)

I do want all of these, but I'm voting for the Arcona, Hem Dazon as the choice I want produced first.

I can use Arconas as background aliens in more scenes than I can the Tonnika Sisters, even if there were no holdbacks (or supposed ones) to Hasbro producing these infamous ladies.

Jaff
06-07-2004, 05:35 AM
the Gotal (Feltripern Trevagg)
the Arcona (Hem Dazon)
the Givin (Elris Helrot)
the Advoze (Bom Vimdim)
the Abyssan (Myo)
the Anzati vampire (Dannik Jerriko)
Brea or Senni Tonnika (this is not a 2-pack. assume you get one) do you want it?)
Zvvvst (Brzzzt - "the Fly")
Kitik Keed Kak (mass released so everyone can get her)
the Lamproid (Dice Ebegon)
the Saurin (Fal Chas)
Brainiac (who's brain you can see)
Can you say.....EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't see why Hasbro can keep wasting valuable sales by rereleasing and remaking the same old figures while ignoring all the potential characters from the Cantina and Palace. Every single one of these figures are on a get list. I do not really want one over another but I will say if I have to pick one that Dannik Jerriko would be my choice. He just looks swavee cool, and he would look nice near my BoShek figure!

jedimarvin
06-07-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm tempted to vote for Dannik Jerriko, but we need more alien races, so I'm going to go with the Gotal (Feltripern Trevagg.

dindae
06-07-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm going with Hem as well with Myo a close second. I want them all. I wouldn't mind have one tonika if they made it highly articulated so you can make sure they don't look like they are the same figure.

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Hem Dazon. First ALien seen in the Cantina. Should be made

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Although I agree with KH on that idea, I must vote for Elris Helrot, the Givin. I've wanted this guy for years now! I mean the name in and of itself is worth voting for.

Rocketboy
06-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Another boring list for me. I'm not into characters with a 1/2 second of screen time.
Dannik Jerriko I guess.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-07-2004, 12:01 PM
I want them all.

I'm suggesting a two pack with the Saurin and Ryker Ryjerd (forgive innacurate spelling, as I still have not come across the box w/my SW reference packed in it) the dwarf that he/she's yucking it up with.

My choice is for either of the Tonnika sisters. If only one was made, that's better than none at all, and even though they do look different, I'd be okay with putting two of the same figure in my cantina if I needed to.

What was the last Cantina character we got? Was it Djas Puhr? If so, then Hasbro is really avoiding this gold mine of unproduced, and interesting looking figures.

LusiferSam
06-07-2004, 12:20 PM
I'll with Dice Ebegon. I'd like to see Hasbro try this one. Plus she (I'm pretty sure Dice Ebegon is a she) is one of the more unique aliens from the cantina.

El Chuxter
06-07-2004, 02:08 PM
For the first wave I missed this weekend, Wioslea wins hands-down.

For the Cantina, it's really close. Hem Dazon gets my vote (even I thought I'd vote for Dannik), but it's almost too close to call between:

Hem Dazon
Dannik Jerriko
Bom Vimdin
Elios Helrot
Reegesk (you left Reegesk off the list?!? SHAME!!)
a dedicated Het N'kik figure (with Imperial blaster and Tusken war totem, just to make him "not your ordinary Jawa")

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I vote for Hem Dazon. I want all of these, but he should be made because (as Kidhuman said), he is the first one we see.

stillakid
06-07-2004, 05:03 PM
I'll go with Kitik Keed Kak merely because it's out there and I've seen it (damn you Tycho!). My thirst cannot be quenched! :eek:

Hellboy
06-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Wow, I leave for the weekend and this thread is flying. So playing catch-up my vote in the last 3 rounds are as follows:

Ultimate Emperor Palpatine- considering we've never had a really good Emperor figure this set really would be the ULTIMATE.

Uncle Owen- The Owen we got in the POTF2 Cinema Scene set was a terrible figure and he's a fairly important character in the SW universe so he gets my vote.

Bom Vimdim- most of the choices would be fine here but if I can't have both Tonnika sisters at once I'll go with him.

B'Omarr Monkey
06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Uncle Owen- The Owen we got in the POTF2 Cinema Scene set was a terrible figure and he's a fairly important character in the SW universe so he gets my vote.

I must be about the only person out there who didn't mind this version of Owen. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's a lot more accurate looking than say, Dr. Evazan.

Maybe Dr. Evazan should be added to this list. he needs a resculpt pretty badly as well.