PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect foreign Star Wars toys?

LusiferSam
05-25-2004, 01:29 AM
After starting my last thread about having finished (maybe) my vintage collection, I started wondering if any of you guys collected foreign SW toys (to your location)? Loose or packaged toys?

At this point in time I personal don't collect foreign stuff. Now I do own a Yak Face which is technically a foreign figure, but that's it for me. Being loose collector foreign packaging holds little to no appeal for me. Other wise most of the stuff is the same once its out of the box or off the card.

With that said there are a few items like the Palitoy playsets and some Takrara items which different from their US counterparts. But I'm also not a variation collector and most of these I see as variations. The only item I might get is the Palitoy Death Star because its more than a little different from the Kenner Death Star. But the cost of one of these babies is high and I droped a big wad of cash in the last couple of months getting the last couple of pieces, so I don't really want to shelling out the $300 plus it would take to buy one.

evenflow
05-25-2004, 08:07 AM
For the most part I don't. There are a couple of items I have such as the Lili Ledy 12 inch Tusken Raider. There are some othe ritems I would like, Uzay Blue Stars, Head Man, Lili Ledy Jawa, and the knock off C-3PO. OH!!!!!!!!!!! and of course VLIX!

Dr Zoltar
05-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I am trying to collect the pit droid 2 packs from Europe. I don't actively try to collect foreign Star Wars toys, but when I can't find the US version of something I will. I have a tri-logo Jabba w/ 2-Headed Announcer and Eopie w/ Qui-Gon. That's about it.

evenflow
05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
I think he meant vintage stuff, but of the modern stuff i have a bunch of stuff from Europe.

sith_killer_99
05-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Oh yes, and how!

I have foreign carded figs from Canada, Europe, Italy, Singapore, Japan and Mexico from almost every line from OC POTF2-SAGA. I have a Canadian carded POTJ Dagobah Spirit Darth Vader with "Secret Luke" sticker and a POTF2 OC square carded R2-D2 with SUB and holofoil sticker!

I also have card proofs from Europe and Italy. In my living room I have 2 proofs hanging on the wall. The first is a front SOTE Italian (GiGi) Orange Saber Darth Vader vs Prince Xizor and the send is the corresponding cardback with the actual "proof approval" block printed at the bottom. :D

LusiferSam
05-25-2004, 11:35 PM
For the most part I don't. There are a couple of items I have such as the Lili Ledy 12 inch Tusken Raider. There are some othe ritems I would like, Uzay Blue Stars, Head Man, Lili Ledy Jawa, and the knock off C-3PO. OH!!!!!!!!!!! and of course VLIX!
Oh man I completely forgot about all the bootleg stuff like Uzay. Personally I don't have any interest in owning any of that stuff, but its fun to look at. Aren't most of the Uzay rare like Vlix? And which knock off 3PO are you talking about?

I think he meant vintage stuff, but of the modern stuff i have a bunch of stuff from Europe.
And yes I did mean vintage stuff when I started this thread. Why else would I start it in the vintage section :confused: ? But if folks want to talk about modern stuff, I guess that's ok (or better yet start a thread in the POTF2, etc. sections).

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
I dont. I never found interest in it. The only one I would get in a vintage Yak-Face.

sith_killer_99
05-26-2004, 06:07 AM
Ooops, I guess that's what I get for not checking the section. LOL

I usually just run a search of new posts. :crazed:

evenflow
05-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Oh man I completely forgot about all the bootleg stuff like Uzay. Personally I don't have any interest in owning any of that stuff, but its fun to look at. Aren't most of the Uzay rare like Vlix? And which knock off 3PO are you talking about?

And yes I did mean vintage stuff when I started this thread. Why else would I start it in the vintage section :confused: ? But if folks want to talk about modern stuff, I guess that's ok (or better yet start a thread in the POTF2, etc. sections).

The C-3PO i am talking about is a 12 inch that Lili Ledy didn't make. It is in scale and looks like it belongs though.