PDA

View Full Version : 2004, What high-end collectibles are you getting? (MR, GG, etc.)

mini-rock
05-25-2004, 04:14 AM
Like most of my fellow collectors, I will be dropping a good amount of coin on high-end Star Wars props, busts, statues, diecast ships, and studio scale models this year. So far on my list is:

Master Replicas

Already have:

Darth Maul Battle Damaged Lightsaber

Medal of Yavin

Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

Will get:

Leia's Blaster ANH

Stormtrooper Blaster ANH

Rebel Blaster ANH

AT-AT

Mace Windu FX Lightsaber

Code 3

Slave 1 diecast model

And any other ship they may come out with.

Gentle Giant

All statues, minibusts, and maquettes

Rubies

Yoda Full Size Bust

I'm sure more will be added before the end of '04.

So what's on your list? :)

Jayspawn
05-25-2004, 09:49 AM
This year is gonna be complicated for me. I just bought a new car and have to pay for insurance and another semester of school coming up -so its tricky. Here's what I have planned....

Gentle Giant Ltd:
- Bossk minibust
- Stormtrooper minibust
- Gamorean Guard minibust
- Luke in X-Wing Pilot minibust
- Clone Wars Yoda Maquette
- Clone Wars Obi-Wan Maquette (Maybe)

Master Replicas:
- Stormtrooper Blaster
*Thats it on Master Replicas -I had to prioritize heavily

Rublies:
- Deluxe Darth Vader Mask (maybe, I really want one but its $$$)

dr_evazan22
05-25-2004, 02:50 PM
What I am definitely going to get:
- Stormie blaster by MR
- GG busts (all)
- at least some of GG's mini helmets

I would get just about everything else if I had the $.... Another very strong possibility is GG's Chewbacca statue. It was on display at Wizard World Philly last week... Very Nice!

Something I don't undersand is the fascination of making life size Yoda's. I could easily understand the first one by Illusive from back in '94 or so. But now we've had 2 others made since, and it looks like they're making a full size bust?

Turbowars
05-25-2004, 10:33 PM
I can only afford GG Mini Busts and the basic carded figures. I guess if I slept in my car and got rid of my wife, I could buy the MR crap.:D

[DSS]Pedr0
05-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Like most of my fellow collectors, I will be dropping a good amount of coin on high-end Star Wars props, busts, statues, diecast ships, and studio scale models this year. So far on my list is:

Master Replicas

Already have:

Darth Maul Battle Damaged Lightsaber

Medal of Yavin

Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

Will get:

Leia's Blaster ANH

Stormtrooper Blaster ANH

Rebel Blaster ANH

AT-AT

Mace Windu FX Lightsaber

Code 3

Slave 1 diecast model

Gentle Giant

Rubies

Yoda Full Size Bust

I'm sure more will be added before the end of '04.

So what's on your list? :)

Mini, same list as mine cept I am not getting the RUBIES item. Doesnt do it for me. I am also adding the MR LUKE F/X saber as well as the MR LoTR One Ring. There will probably be alot more to come as well that hasnt been announced yet. ;)

mini-rock
05-25-2004, 11:57 PM
What I am definitely going to get:
- Stormie blaster by MR
- GG busts (all)
- at least some of GG's mini helmets

I would get just about everything else if I had the $.... Another very strong possibility is GG's Chewbacca statue. It was on display at Wizard World Philly last week... Very Nice!

Something I don't undersand is the fascination of making life size Yoda's. I could easily understand the first one by Illusive from back in '94 or so. But now we've had 2 others made since, and it looks like they're making a full size bust?

Well, I guess Rubies chose to go with an AOTC Yoda full size bust to go along with their collectors helmets (Vader, Jango, Clone) since they have previously released a Yoda AOTC statue. It would have been nice to get something different, but hopefully they will expand on the line if it ends up doing well.

Also, they may be taking a page from Gentle Giant as well. Knowing the popularity of the prequels, with the fact that the prequel minibusts command more dough, they are banking on it being a hot seller like GG's. Of course that will depend on the quality of this piece which given Rubies past is questionable. The pics look good (IMO) and I'm willing to give it a shot. :)

mini-rock
06-08-2004, 03:13 AM
FYI, Toynk has the Rubies Yoda full size bust up for preorder for $150 (which is about $70-$80 off retail). http://toynk.com/catalog/yoda_full-sized_head_bust_3314882.htm

Jayspawn
06-08-2004, 09:47 AM
That is a good price for the full-size Yoda bust. I'm passing on it though because I really want the Vader helmet. I'd rather have a full-size Yoda anyways (like the Pepsi Yoda).

jedi master sal
06-08-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm going for the GG mini busts and helmets, as well as the mini lightsabers. Already have Luke mini saber.

sith_killer_99
06-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, with OTC and VOTC coming out soon I will pass on the high end stuff, just not enough money. I got a wife and 3...2...OK 1, kid to feed. ;)

I would have to look at getting a second job to afford all that high end garbledegook and the Army keeps me busy enough, I'm just too tired at the end of the day/week to work a second job and spend time with the family.

Priorities...oh to be a D.I.N.K. again, just for a year or two. :D (Double Income No Kids).

But....should I win the lottery...that would be a different story!

Jayspawn
06-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh man if I won the lottery, it would be a replica shoping spree!!!

Jayspawn
06-09-2004, 09:42 AM
I still wouldnt spend $300 for a Darth Vader minibust on Ebay though.

sith_killer_99
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh I would.

In fact, if I won the lottery...I'm talking one of the big 8 figure lotteries, I would become one of those collectors everyone hates! I would pay outrageous prices for all the exclusives and have my own small museum built to house my collection. Which would include...

2 Lifesize Stormtrooper statues at the entrance, lifesize statues of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Yoda and Han in Carbonite in the main entry way. Every carded figure to include every card variation and foreign card design from 1978-Present and maybe a few paint variations for fun. Every figure from 78-Present loose in mint condition. All the major ships loose. Every packaged Star Wars toy MIMB to include ships, beast packs, Cinema Scenes, etc. Every major prop replica, mini bust, etc. And every Star Wars Marmit figure and Star Wars Kubrick ever made.

But....

I still wouldn't pay $200.00 for a recarded Han...lol

dr_evazan22
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I've daydreamed a couple times about what I'd do I I won those big lotteries.... Haven't been able to come up with a house design that I could settle on. Tatooine style, like Jabba's palace and the life size Han in Carb. Or Imp design with the DS2 window and a nice modern looking ultimate home theater.... Ah, to dream.

Anyway, I have an Illusive Originals Yoda that I'd be willing to part with (then say hello to the AT AT).

[DSS]Pedr0
06-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Yoda IO is a hypothetical sell or are you going to sell? How much? ;)

JediLip
06-12-2004, 09:14 PM
What I've got reserved or pre-ordered:

Hellboy Samaritan :)
MR Stormtrooper Blaster
GG Luke in pilot gear
GG Stormtrooper
GG Sandtrooper (white pauldron)
GG Sandtrooper (orange pauldron)
...and a bunch of lightsabers. :D

What I'd like to also get:
MR Luke FX
MR Mace FX
MR .45 scale sabers...all of them

My goal, within a year, is to have all of the lightsabers from the 5 Star Wars movies. I'm not going for all the variations right now, like the Luke/Obi Shared Stunt, Barbican Vader, Anakin Arena saber, Obi Arena, etc.

SJ3
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
I will be getting

all three blasters from MR

just about everything GG has to offer

and anything else Code 3 has to offer

plus a custom painted X-wing helmet (in my own colours)

and Various other sabers

JediLip
06-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Code 3 X-Wing and Slave 1. :stupid:

mini-rock
08-28-2004, 06:54 PM
UPDATE

Already have:

MR Darth Maul Battle Damaged Lightsaber

MR Medal of Yavin

MR Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

GG Bossk Minibust

GG Yoda Clone Wars Maquette

Code 3 Slave1

MR Mace FX Lightsaber (kids)

Will get:

MR

Leia's Blaster ANH

Stormtrooper Blaster ANH

Rebel Blaster ANH

Code 3

Republic Gunship

AT-AT (2005)

Gentle Giant

Updated to include GG Yoda Maquette, GG Bossk Minibust, and Code 3 Slave 1. Also removed Rubies Yoda. MR AT-AT removed since I will go with the Code 3 version instead. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
08-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I'll be looking to add a few custom pieces beingmade. Assajj's duel sabers for one. I want a Vader RotJ one too.

mini-rock
08-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Are you making the Asajj sabers yourself or having them made by someone else?

[DSS]Pedr0
08-29-2004, 10:48 AM
One of the guys on the RPF is making them. I think he mentioned that he will be doing a run of these. I am going to try for those. The protos looked really promising too.

mini-rock
08-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Cool! Is there an ETA? I definitely want to see pics when they are done.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-29-2004, 09:28 PM
I gotta find that thread again.

*EDIT*
http://www.thelightsaber.com/postpics/AVp1.jpg
http://www.thelightsaber.com/postpics/AVp2.jpg
http://www.thelightsaber.com/postpics/AVp4.jpg

mini-rock
09-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Nice! What is he charging for those?

[DSS]Pedr0
09-02-2004, 07:31 AM
I dont think he is that far along yet.

mini-rock
09-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Well it looks like the Leia Blaster has been pushed back until mid to late October. I guess that makes sense since secondary dealers told me a couple months ago that the ST Blaster won't release until December. Guess that puts the Rebel Blaster in November.

As much as I was looking forward to getting Leia's Blaster soon it's probably a good thing it has been pushed back since I just moved, and still in the process of getting my theater room set-up. I just hope the current release date(s) don't change. :)

JediLip
09-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey Mini-Rock,
Good to see you finally got pics of your collection up. I like those display cabinets you have.

Also added to my list....a couple MiB Neuralyzers. :D

mini-rock
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks JL. It's a new room in a new house so there is a lot to do to get it up to par with my previous room. I still have to unpack my SW GG busts, and possibly get a new display unit/case for the rear right wall, so there will be more pics added soon.

BTW, man that Kroenen figure looks awesome! Is that one of Sideshows 18" statues?

JediLip
09-12-2004, 05:03 PM
BTW, man that Kroenen figure looks awesome! Is that one of Sideshows 18" statues?
I wish they made a 1/4 scale Kroenen. Alas...no, it's a 12" poseable figure. It was an SDCC exclusive, but I entered (and won) a lottery to buy it direct from Sideshow at retail, along with the 1/4 scale Samaritan...so I did. Kroenen was the best part of that movie.

I can't wait to see finished pictures of your theater. I'd love to have a theater/prop room of my own, but being in the Air Force, I move too often to make it practical.

mini-rock
09-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah, I agree about Kroenen being the best part of the movie. 1/4 scale or not that figure rocks!! Congrats on the win.

I know what you mean about moving around a lot too. This is the third time I've moved this s**t, and is a real PITA! Thankfully this will be my last move for a long time. :)

mini-rock
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
For anyone who is interested, and twidling their thumbs like I am waiting for MR's Blaster replicas to be released, the date change is now on their site. :)

Jayspawn
09-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Thats a nice set up there mini-rock. Some frames full sized movie posters would top that off. I'm busy now aquiring all the pieces that will be in my future move room. Whats your DVD count?

mini-rock
09-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks Jayspawn. I'm not sure what my DVD count is anymore. but at one time I had a little over 1000 IIRC. Over the last 2-3 years though I have sold a lot more than I have bought. I do more renting now, and if I end up liking the movie I buy it. I'd say I get about 8 DVD's a month including what I get for my girls, and think I may have somewhere around the 500ish area, but not too sure. With HD-DVD debuting next year I will be limiting my DVD purchases even further though.

And your right, I need to get something on those barea** white walls! ;):D

On the pieces you are getting are you focusing on anything in particular?

Jayspawn
09-15-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm working on Lightsabers while I'm waiting for the Stormtrooper Blaster. I'd like to get that new Rubies Darth Vader helmet but its $$$ so I'lll wait for now.

In about a week or so I'm gonna start construction on a Custom Boba Fett helmet. I've already made a screen acurate Stormtrooper Helmet myself -both helmets I'm gonna display in my future theatre room.

But as far as replicas go I still need...

Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM or AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker
Master Yoda
Qui-Gon Jinn (whenever MR gets around to making it)
Jedi Training Remote
Thermal Detonator
Han Solo Blaster (l'll probably get a custom since the MR version is $$$ and not easy to come by)

Jayspawn
09-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Oh, I have most of the Star Wars movie posters, I'm gonna select some of them to be custom framed for my movie theatre room. Hard tochoose though -we'll see how the Revenge of the Sith posters look.

mini-rock
09-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Nice! Looks like you have a lot on your plate. I have had an interest in helmets too, but lack the skills and patience to try to make one myself. I thought about getting the Rubies Vader also, but with all the inaccuracies I passed. Had the DP Deluxe Vader once also, but not an improvement in quality by any means, and just as terrible (IMO) as the Rubies version. I'm hoping for something from Sideshow since I believe their license extends to 1:1 scale helmets as well (at least that's what I've been told). A Stormie helmet would be nice too.

Hey, post some pics of yours if you can. I'd like to see it. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
09-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Being a completist at heart, I have gone ahead and commisioned a fellow collector to build me the different variants of the lightsabers from the films, since MR wont be tackling this issue anytime soon. First up is the Luke ANH saber. I will go from there and try to get pics from my 'collection room'.

mini-rock
09-23-2004, 03:32 AM
Just got the email from MR, and it looks like the Princess Leia Blaster will be shipping soon. :D

JediLip
09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Pedr0']Being a completist at heart, I have gone ahead and commisioned a fellow collector to build me the different variants of the lightsabers from the films, since MR wont be tackling this issue anytime soon. First up is the Luke ANH saber. I will go from there and try to get pics from my 'collection room'.

Well, that's mighty nice of him. Good to see fellow collectors helping each other out. ;)

[DSS]Pedr0
09-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, that's mighty nice of him. Good to see fellow collectors helping each other out. ;)
Help is always appreciated buddy! ;) :D