PDA

View Full Version : OK people, who bought the recent Target Cups and TRU 4 packs? Come on tell the truth.

Turbowars
05-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Ok, I'll go 1st

I bought all of the TRU 4 packs but the latest one. That set is worthless as a Saga JarJar figure.

I also have bought the 2 waves of Target cups with figures. They kind of look cool I guess. It's a shame they didn't release new figures in the set, but my local Target can't keep these in stock.

So which ones did or didn't you buy?

Dr Zoltar
05-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Turbo,

I bought the first four TRU 4 packs, but passed on the Jedi and Pit ones. If the Jedi one goes on clearance I'll get it because all I want is the containment unit.

I haven't purchased any of the Target cup packs. I already have the figures and the cups are just OK. Once again, if they go on clearance I might.

Jay86
05-25-2004, 09:04 PM
I just bought the Ultimate Bounty 4-pack last night, and the Imperial Forces 4-pack (the best one in my opinion) should be on its way to me, I ordered it from Yestertoys a little over a month ago so I'm hoping its on its way. I honestly did consider getting the Jedi 4-pack and the Hoth 4-packs as well, I really only wanted the variant Nikto Jedi and the Orange R2 unit though. I'll be passing on the new "Skirmish" 4-pack since its all rehashes and nothing worth getting in my opinion. The one set I really cant wait for is the Naboo 4-pack, that one sounds like a sure-fire buy for me. I havent bought any of the Target cup sets, mostly because I'm not a carded collector and I dont really need them, plus the figures that they come with are run-o-the-mill figures.....and because I dont have a Target in my area, not until July at least.

Val Da Car
05-25-2004, 11:08 PM
I have only bought the Imperial Forces 4 pack and the hoth set since I found both Taun Taun versions since I never got the POTF hoth ones. I don't want the Target cups cause it looks dumb and are rehashes...I would buy (and have) six Gold leader figures.

dindae
05-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I have all the four packs and two of the cups because that is all I found but this shouldn't suprise anyone. I would have bought two of each of the cups if they didn't have repacked figures. I agree that the Jabba 4 pack is the lamest so far. the Han really blows. The arms they put on him make it impossible to put the shackles on him which is the only accesory he comes with.

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 01:53 AM
I havent bought any of them.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-26-2004, 03:00 AM
I have not bought any of the four packs and I'm waiting for the vader and leia cup. I might breakdown and get the luke and ben but maybe not?

Hey, are the cups glass or plastic?

Kidhuman
05-26-2004, 08:13 AM
They are plastic.

evenflow
05-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I bought the first 4 i think of the TRU sets, have not picked up any since then. I passed on all the cups, just not my thing. If they had a new figure then that woul dbe a different story, but as they are just not for me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I have not bought any of the four packs and I'm waiting for the vader and leia cup. I might breakdown and get the luke and ben but maybe not?

Hey, are the cups glass or plastic?
Er, since when is there a Vader cup? I thought it was Darth Maul, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, and Leia.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I bought both the BH and Hoth 4-packs, but ended up taking back the BH set so I could get the newest Lego Snowspeeder. The Hoth set is pretty cool cause you can combine it with the latest group of Hoth stuff to come out. Those Tauntaun guts are a plus.

The Jedi and Carkoon sets just feel like extra crap with minimal effort on Hasbro's part. What good are exclusives if no one wants them?

As for the cups, I just can't swallow the price (get it? :crazed: ). Maybe $7, but not $10 for rehashed stuff. The only one I'd consider is the Luke cause it's the orange carded version but only on clearance or sale...that is if my Target ever stops stocking the OB1/DM set.

Hellboy
05-26-2004, 06:45 PM
I bought the DS 4-Pack mainly for the black Imperial astromech droid R4-I9 and the Bounty Hunters 4-pack mainly for Aurra Sing's Swoop Bike. The Hoth 4-pack was a better value for me because I wanted the Tauntaun as well as the orange astromech droid R3-A2. I haven't bothered with the Jedi and Carkoon sets though because the only thing I need is the containment unit and it's not worth $20 by itself. I'm definately going to be picking up the new Naboo pack and think it looks to be the best set so far.

As for the Target cups, not a chance. Its things like this that make me happy I dropped my completest ways. Hardly worth the $ and just another way Hasbro can pimp their stock of old figures. :greedy:

B'Omarr Monkey
05-27-2004, 12:55 AM
I bought all the 4-packs, with the exception of the Jedi and Carkoon sets. The Jedi, I might consider just for the Nikto variant if it ever gets marked down. I would have bought it and given the other figures to my kids if they didn't already have them.

I've not seen the Carkoon set, and will probably pass unless my kids want it, though that's hardly collecting it myself.

The cups are too pricey for what they are. The cups themselves aren't bad. If they wind up on clearance, I might consider them.

There are far too many other things I want to spend my money on.

LTBasker
05-27-2004, 01:27 AM
I haven't gotten any of'em. I want to get the Imperial Forces, Bounty Hunter and Hoth 4-packs, but I don't want to have anything to do with those crappy cups. I was going to get 2 Lukes, 2 Leias and then one of each of the others but when it was revealed Luke had the micro head from '95, I just said forget it. If they couldn't go to the minimal effort of giving him the removeable helmet and head from POTJ Luke, then I can't get to minimal effort of worrying about them. :p

Unfortunately on the 4-packs the only one I've seen in person is the crap Jedi 4-pack which I wouldn't pick up unless it was $1.97 or less.

plasticfetish
05-29-2004, 05:07 AM
No on the cups. Not my cup of... errr...

Of the 4 packs, I bought the Imperial set and 2 of the Hoth sets -- basically for each version of the Tauntaun. (My kid got the extra figs so it was a win-win for us here.) I passed on the BH set, as I have 'em all anyway. I passed on the Jedi set, as it's crazy that they packed in figures (Obi-Wan in particular) that we're still seeing on the pegs. I haven't seen the Carkoon set yet, but I'm not crazy about that Han figure.

I like this set idea, and look forward to future sets, but they really need to get smart with the short cuts that they've been taking. Franken-figures are one thing, if they end up being kind of nice, but if they're just tossing together parts to fill space in a box, then it's a waste. This new Carkoon set will probably turn people off in much the same way as the Jedi set because it's not offering any one cool, unique or new figure. The BH set offered a bunch of solid, somewhat hard to find figures, and the other sets had droids to sweeten the deal.

Jaff
05-29-2004, 07:47 AM
I bought the Imperial 4 pack and the Hoth 4 pack because they each had a new droid, and a new AT-ST Driver. The Bounty Hunter and Jedi packs were each something to be completely ignored by me because I have been collecting for some time and I already had every figure in the packs. This also goes the same for the Target cups. The Skirmish at Carkoon pack I saw and did not get because I was not impressed. I do want a new Han Carbonite Solo and I still may buckle and buy this one in time.

sith_killer_99
05-29-2004, 09:53 AM
I bought them all to keep packed, plus an extra set of the cups to open and extra sets of the Imp 4 pack, Hoth set and Bounty Hunters. I will probably buy one of the new sets to complete the collection.

I'm not too big on these, but I support them in the hope that Hasbro will continue to offer exclusives. :ermm:

Ji'dai
05-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Haven't bought any of them.

If the Target Cups were glass... No, probably not even then.

I almost bought the bounty hunter set, but TRU's gift card reader system was offline when I went to checkout, so I put it back. Their loss.

I'm hoping the 4 packs might turn up at KB at reduced price - like the SAGA scene packs.

PloKoon2385
05-30-2004, 04:34 PM
I bought the Bounty Hunter one. That's it. All the rest are kinda lame. LAME! Waste of money, in my opinion. What's going to be in the Naboo one?

Hellboy
05-30-2004, 04:51 PM
What's going to be in the Naboo one?

The Naboo Final Conflict 4-Pack will include Captain Tarpals w/ Kaadu, Battle Droid, Naboo Royal Guard and a Gungan Soldier. Accessories include Battle Droid blaster, Naboo Royal Guard helmet, Naboo Royal Guard blaster and Gungan Soldier's boomer.

dr_evazan22
05-30-2004, 05:09 PM
I saw the Pit of Carkoon set the other day and passed on it, but did get the other 4-packs as they were decent army builders or there was something specific I wanted in the set.

If the cups were glass instead I would pick them up, but not for plastic.

sith_killer_99
05-30-2004, 05:15 PM
I like the cups, sure they were over priced and they came with rereleased figures. But they look good and have become my favorite cups, in fact I am drinking from one right now (Obi-Wan).

And yes, it is difficult to type and drink at the same time.

Darth Jax
06-01-2004, 12:14 AM
i've gotten at least one of each of the TRU sets. will probably continue to get those that they put out.

won't buy the cups at full price, but if i see them reduced i'll get em.