PDA

View Full Version : Attack Of The Mysterious Pigeon!

Amanamanman
12-16-2001, 04:17 PM
Well its been a helluva long time since I last posted here, I still visit almost everyday but There hasn't really been much to post about as of late. That all changed however when I got a mysterious email from my filthy-feathered friend. I know he's been wrong in the past but he was right about a lot of stuff too. Anyways, he seems to pretty much confirm everything in that catalog that showed up a while ago and also has the following:

Heroic Chase Vehicle
Villain Chase Vehicle
Sand Crawler w/Jawa
Jabba the Hutt w/Salacious Crumb
TIE Fighter (Walmart)
Cloud Car (Walmart)
Shuttle (TRU)
Bib Fortuna
Picador
C-3PO
Tusken Raider
Chancellor Palpatine
Nute Gunray

Some of these things seem pretty obvious, however some don't seem to be from Ep II at all, it could be a load of bird crap but I hope all this stuff gets made.

PS I still hate Aurra Sing and if she's in the next movie I'll go postal.

Jargo
12-16-2001, 04:50 PM
Who knows what hasbro have got planned for the next year.
I find it somewhat curious that both the shuttle and the sandcrawler would be listed together for release close in succesion. The smaller vehicles are no doubt the coruscant chase vehicles used by Anakin and Zam wessel and I'd expect to see those released quite early on as it's a highpoint of the movie.
One of the guys from hasbro was asked at Shreveport con. what he would like to see released and he replied with TIE fighter. is it possible that he somehow convinced his superiors that this would be an excellent item to release? hope so. the cloud car is another one that has been on many want lists for a long time and was planned for release last year I believe. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it coming out as an exclusive.
the picador is the mount of the geonosians and they ride it in the same way the gungans rode the Kaadu I understand. Palpatine and Nute are ep2 so I'd expect to see them anyway. Tusken raider is most likely the female with child as i can't see hasbro releasing another one unless it has the removable head 'feature' that jango will come with.
Bib fortuna would be a nice addition so long as it's an ROTJ version and not an episode 1 one, but as the list contains a ROTJ Jabba with the curious addition of yet another incarnation of Salacious, it will no doubt be the ROTJ version.

That's if this pidgeon is telling the truth and this isn't just so much spam. I'd like to believe this listing but caution and disbelief are tugging at my coat tails............ :happy:

Rollo Tomassi
12-17-2001, 08:39 AM
Maybe after the Episode I debacle and a year or two of lying low, Hasbro is gearing up for the movie year with some high profile, higher price point vehicles that we've all been clamoring for for a while now. They have slowly been gaining the retailers trust back and their marketing gurus will suggest awareness is higher during the movie year and it will be a ripe market for Imperial Shuttles, Sandcrawlers and Jabba the Hutt. I am going to be an optimist and say that this all sounds very possible (especially the Exclusives....yuck:mad: )

GNT
12-17-2001, 04:58 PM
Things we've been wanting for years all suddenly turn up eg.SandCrawler,Jabba the Hutt,Shuttle? Plus if Hasbro were to release the sandcrawler it wouldnt come with one figure

mylow thehutt
12-17-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Things we've been wanting for years all suddenly turn up eg.SandCrawler,Jabba the Hutt,Shuttle? Plus if Hasbro were to release the sandcrawler it wouldnt come with one figure

sounds odd.or spooky at that matter,it's like hasbro is really listoning to us:sur: and whos picador?

derek
12-17-2001, 09:48 PM
i'll bet figures like palpatine and nute gunray will be of the 12 inch action collection variety. these were supposed to be released for episode 1, but maybe hasbro decided to save them for episode 2.
let's hope so.

bigbarada
12-17-2001, 11:34 PM
It would seem that Hasbro is trying to make one more big showing for the Star Wars line. If they produce all the stuff we've been asking for and sales are lower than expected, then I wouldn't hold my breath for a continued line, outside of a small assortment relating to Ep3. Hasbro might be saying, "Okay, fans say they want this stuff so let's see if they'll put their money where their mouth is. If not........":eek: :cry: :dead:

Wolfwood319
12-17-2001, 11:39 PM
Not a bad thought BB. My sentiments exactly, but the above list added to all the rest of the E2 stuff coming out seems rather abundant.

Maybe its a list of possibilites.

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 07:49 AM
It's also a scary thought. What with "Exclusives" and all and Hasbro touchy about mass producing vehicles on any level, soppose they make these two large, high pricepoint vehicles and I never get to see either one. Much like the Skiff and the Y-Wing. I'd gladly put my money where my mouth is, but Target ain't havin' it. If Hasbro bases their decision to make more stuff based on the piddling orders they are recieving from their "exclusive" toys, then the line IS doomed...

evenflow
12-20-2001, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Amanamanman

Heroic Chase Vehicle
Villain Chase Vehicle
Sand Crawler w/Jawa
Jabba the Hutt w/Salacious Crumb
TIE Fighter (Walmart)
Cloud Car (Walmart)
Shuttle (TRU)
Bib Fortuna
Picador
C-3PO
Tusken Raider
Chancellor Palpatine
Nute Gunray

Well,
If this stuff is true, then there is some really cool stuff on that list. I am not getting my hopes up, but I would really like to see :
Jabba the Hutt
Cloud Car
Shuttle

Obi-Don
12-20-2001, 08:45 AM
These on the list are cool and I would love to have them.Yes I would put the money out for them,but I'm not getting my hopes up.

mylow thehutt
01-01-2002, 11:39 AM
:D COOL, a new Jabba thehutt!!!!!!!!!better go tell my dog mylow.;)