PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Hush and Dark Knight Returns

Hellboy
05-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Any of you going to be picking these up?

I think they look fantastic!! The only problem is I'm going to go broke with all of these cool toys coming out in the next few months. At least the Dark Knight assortment isn't going to be here until September but I'm drooling already. :eek:

Check out the pics.....

JediTricks
05-28-2004, 02:40 AM
These are the first DCD sets I've really been tempted by, but I have such a low opinion of DC Direct in general (I hate their articulation, choice of materials, thick paints, lack of accessories, and high prices) that it's going to be hard to get over.

James Boba Fettfield
05-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I plan on buying the Batman figures since he's been a favorite of mine for so long. I'd also like to put up the DC Direct figure of the first appearance Batman.

http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showphoto.php?photo=181&password=&sort=1&cat=521&page=2

Hey man, I think it looks cool and I hope to own it.

Reefer Shark
05-28-2004, 05:05 PM
I definitely want that Hush Joker, looks to me like it may be the best Joker sculpt to date.

And even though I'm really not into the character, I like the look of that Hush Superman. Almost looks evil to me with those red eyes and all. I may be getting this one as well.

Hellboy
05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
JT- I agree with what you're saying but these seem to be a step up in quality. I guess we'll see but I'm optomistic.

JBF- Thats the first time I've seen that figure and it does look cool. Do you know when it's supposed to come out?

Reefer Shark- My favorite thing about that Superman is the way he's hovering. Very cool.

Rocketboy
05-28-2004, 10:47 PM
They all look great, but the only ones I'd even consider picking up would be Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, & Superman (only because he looks so cool). And maybe Riddler and Catwoman.

JediTricks
05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Goldurnit! First-appearance Batman looks so awesome!!! Why couldn't Hasbro have done figures like these, or even like Mattel's Zipline Batman?!? These lines don't look that hard to produce as a toy even WITH the added articulation, yet Hasbro borfed so much of what they touched and never tried to do awesome designs like these.

Anyway, depending on pricepoint in my area and how they look in person, I'm pretty likely to get some of these.

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2004, 04:19 AM
According to some online shops I visited, that first appearance figure will be shipped in June along with the other series 1 figs of Flash, Shazam and Wonder Woman. Then this November series 2 ships and it's Superman, Robin, Green Lantern, and Hawkman.

I love this First Appearance line.

Then you have that Silver Age Batman and Robin, the Yamato imports from Japan, and that Superfriends looking Batman with Scarecrow. Lots to look at for Batman fans.