PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Collection Question.

Agent23
05-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I was wondering are the Trilogy figures only going to be of episodes IV, V and VI or are they going to do any of Episode I or II as well. I wanna collecto some Star Wars figures, and like the Trilogy collection alot, but also want some Episode I and II figures.

Also, I was thinking of getting some of the Episode I red card figures, I think they are, can anyone recommend some Episode II figures for me?

Thanks.

Jay86
05-28-2004, 08:38 PM
I was wondering are the Trilogy figures only going to be of episodes IV, V and VI or are they going to do any of Episode I or II as well. I wanna collecto some Star Wars figures, and like the Trilogy collection alot, but also want some Episode I and II figures.

Also, I was thinking of getting some of the Episode I red card figures, I think they are, can anyone recommend some Episode II figures for me?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------

- Yes, the Original Trilogy Collection will only include characters from the original Star Wars Trilogy, basically characters from Episodes 4, 5, & 6, as you probably know the first three Star Wars films to be released are most often refered to as the "Original Trilogy", and the newer three movies are the "Prequel Trilogy".

- Which characters you buy depends on your personal interests. If you simply want to collect figures of characters you like, then I'd recommend you do that. However, if you really want to get into collecting the figures, then chances are you'll want to start with the cheaper ones, and work your way through. Chances are you're going to have to resort to buying older figures online, so I'd recommend you search some online stores, many of which can be found to the right where the ads / banners are. Here on SirStevesGuide they have a guide of all the figures, and http://www.rebelscum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com/) is a great place to find pictures of every figure released so far as well, and finding your way around the site is also easy, much like this one.

Agent23
05-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks man, I see you are from Poughekkepsie. I live in Catskill. Used to work in the Wappingers Falls' Shoprite that is now closed.

I am probly goig to get the Trilogy Line, it reminds me of when I was a kid especially vintage ones....

For the Prequel ones...I just want some of the character's I really like...Like Darth Maul, Quigon, and little Anakin.

Jay86
05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks man, I see you are from Poughekkepsie. I live in Catskill. Used to work in the Wappingers Falls' Shoprite that is now closed.

I am probly goig to get the Trilogy Line, it reminds me of when I was a kid especially vintage ones....

For the Prequel ones...I just want some of the character's I really like...Like Darth Maul, Quigon, and little Anakin.
You'll have no problem with getting those figures, and most of the main character figures from any of the 5 films are the easiest to get 99% of the time. Very very cheap too. Though with Episode 1 there were about 3 versions of each of the main characters, but all are farely cheap in price.

Agent23
05-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I was looking at Cloud City and I have some in my cart for like $2 a piece.

Also, I was going to order a set of the OTC Line, that had 9 figures ( Luke, Yoda, Vader) to name a few but didn't have Leia or the Biker Scout are those short-packed or something...are they part of the same series? OR Series 2?

Thanks.

Jay86
05-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I was looking at Cloud City and I have some in my cart for like $2 a piece.

Also, I was going to order a set of the OTC Line, that had 9 figures ( Luke, Yoda, Vader) to name a few but didn't have Leia or the Biker Scout are those short-packed or something...are they part of the same series? OR Series 2?

Thanks.
Yeah right now is definitely a good time to take advantage of Cloud City's current sale, especially in your case. I'm not the expert on case assortments, but I'm thinking that Leia and the Scout are part of the second series, I'm not sure though.

Agent23
05-28-2004, 09:14 PM
0k thanks. Only thing is I see that Biker Scout and Leia are shipping now from cloud city and sold out already...

Beast
05-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Actually, the OTC will contain a few Prequel figures. Unless they are cancelled again, Wookie Senator Yarua, Jedi Master Pablo-Jill, and Palpatine's Aide Sly Moore are supposed to be released near the end of the year. They'll just be without the 'Original Trilogy Collection' banner. The EIII preview wave will also be released the same way. Similar to how the Yoda Lightsaber is in the Black/Silver of the OTC, but without the OTC name. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Actually, the OTC will contain a few Prequel figures. Unless they are cancelled again, Wookie Senator Yarua, Jedi Master Pablo-Jill, and Palpatine's Aide Sly Moore are supposed to be released near the end of the year. They'll just be without the 'Original Trilogy Collection' banner. The EIII preview wave will also be released the same way. Similar to how the Yoda Lightsaber is in the Black/Silver of the OTC, but without the OTC name. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Also, more Jedi Council sets will be in the OTC-style packaging, which are coming this fall, as well as a Toys R Us 4-pack of the Naboo battle (which may or may not be in OTC packaging, but I bet it will).

sith_killer_99
05-29-2004, 12:04 PM
PT figs in OTC packaging? Has the world gone mad?!?! :crazed:

OK, so that's a little over-dramatic....a little.

Agent23
05-29-2004, 11:58 PM
0k thanks alot guys.

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:19 AM
I say they should just keppthe card backs until they end thel ine. No need to change the best ones yet.