PDA

View Full Version : Motu 2002!

preacher
12-16-2001, 08:10 PM
Not sure if this has been covered before in another thread and I am too lazy to cycle through 200 previous threads.

Just got the newest "Toyfare" magazine which has a few pages dedicated to the all new versions of Masters of the Universe. Holy cow these figures are going to be sweet! The character with the most changes appears to be Whiplash. Trap Jaw looks absolutely awesome! Any of you lads plan on collecting these buggers? I'm getting quite fed up with the log jam that POTJ has promised to be. Havn't found a new star wars figure in like forever.

These figures look really good and it also helps that former Mcfarlane scultors are under Mattel's payroll. With figures this good, I can only imagine what Mattel has in store for a revamped Castle Greyskull.

GNT
12-17-2001, 05:52 PM
I saw the pictures of them awhile ago and I'm very impressed with them,Depending if they show up here and what the cost is I might buy the ones I like :)

Jargo
12-17-2001, 06:04 PM
I saw them a while back too when they premiered at one of the toy shows. He-Man looks just godly with that all new angular design making him look truly indestructable and totally awesome. I guess I'll pick up a few pieces here and there depending on how good they look in the flesh. And also on the pricepoint and availability here in the UK. But still really nice work IMO. :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-18-2001, 08:46 AM
I never got into MOTU when I was a lad. (Transformers, G.I.Joe and Star Wars were my bag) But my girlfriend used to play with them, so if I see 'em I might selectively pick up a few of the cooler ones for her.;)

I don't see a big Castle Greyskull being made for this line, but I could be wrong.

2-1B
08-31-2002, 03:04 AM
I don't see a big Castle Greyskull being made for this line, but I could be wrong.

Hooray for that new Castle Grayskull! :happy:

It's too pricey for me though, around $50.
I just bought my first figs from this line, and they are pretty cool.
I bought Stratos because I love the character design and the sculpt looks great - but UGH, do I hate his arm gimmicks. It's just too much.

I bought MerMan too, I think he is awesome. His arm gimmick is way less annoying than Stratos, but I don't care for the button on his back. :rolleyes:
It's an incredible sculpt. :)
Opening the figure I thought, "here we go with the bendy accessories :rolleyes: " because the sword is so squishy.
But on the positive side, his trident is pretty sturdy . . .

rynobot
08-31-2002, 03:15 AM
i don't like the new cartoon or toys, i had all the old toys, i wish i knew were thry where. :)